[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck is there 6 Fire Emblem characters in this game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9

File: why.png (68KB, 339x71px) Image search: [Google]
why.png
68KB, 339x71px
Why the fuck is there 6 Fire Emblem characters in this game? Does the actual player base require 6 representations from one series? They could have used Sora & Riku from Kingdom Hearts. What the actual fuck.
>>
>>381178379
>KH characters
Holy fuck Sakurai please already.
>>
>>381178379
Nintendo has been trying to make Fire Emblem happen for more than two decades and finally got their foot in the door with Awakening as an early 3DS library seller so now they've been trying to fuck everyone up the ass with it as hard as possible to be as big as their more popular franchises.

Smash is good advertisement.
>>
>>381179201
Mark my words some day Goku will literally be in Smash
>>
>>381178379
>replace swordshit with more swordshit
no
>>
Honestly Lucina shouldn't have been in, we didn't need two Awakening characters and she's not even a main unit. Waifufags will disagree but honestly everyone else is justified
>>
>KH characters
Might as well as fucking MLP in there too
>>
>>381179298
after they add arms and splatoon characters
>>
Marth and Ike are iconic and deserve it but the rest are a waste of space.
>>
>>381179779
Marth is the only Iconic FE character
>>
>>381178379
>Does the actual player base require 6 representations from one series
No which is why Pokemon representation should be culled also
>>
>>381179779
Marth is only iconic from being in Smash.

Fire Emblem in Smash should be limited tomarth legacy rep and whoever is the newest protag for marketing.
>>
>>381179554
I said it two odd years ago and I'll say it now, if you think Lucina would have been fine as an alt for Marth then you have no reason to begrudge her inclusion as a slot. Her slightly different moveset isn't taking up anyone else's slot.
>>
>>381178379
i like fire emblem and smash 4 sucks so they should remove marth, roy, and ike. the game can keep ds characters
>>
>>381178379
Marth and Ike were set in stone for future smashes, Robin was the sole newcomer, until Lucina was promoted to playable from costume to pad out the roster, Roy (and Mewtwo) were added to appeal to their melee fans, and Nintendo executives shilled Corrin like they did with Roy back in Melee.
>>
>>381180125
>can keep ds characters
Remove Marth but keep Marth
>>
>>381180020
this
>>
>>381178379
>Marth
The Pikachu of Fire Emblem

>Roy
To please Meleefags, because everybody knows that FE fans wouldn't want that shitter.

>Ike
Honestly I can't give any real reason for him to be in Sm4sh. His games sold like shit and he isn't that popular outside of online FE communities.

>Lucina
The Lucario of Fire Emblem.

>Robin
Put in to please the influx of new FE fans after Awakening's massive success.

>Corrin
Advertising. Nobody really wanted Corrin, not even Sakurai.
>>
>>381180020
Nope I don't think she should have been an alt either, Chrom would have been a better choice since him and Robin are the main characters.

Leif should have been the marth alt since he was intended in melee, Lynn or Ericka would have been fine female alts or Alm aswell
>>
Priority List for next new Smash Bros
>Marth (he's the poster boy)
>Corrin (most recent new lord)
>Ike (still very popular, won the Heroes Poll)
>Robin (unique moveset, but he isn't recent or as popular)
>Lucina (probably going to end up as an alt)
>Roy (rip)
>>
File: DIK-STRA.jpg (2KB, 64x125px) Image search: [Google]
DIK-STRA.jpg
2KB, 64x125px
The reason we have six characters from the same game and no additional F-Zero or Donkey Kong characters is because of the Waifu Age. This degeneracy runs rampant throughout Japan and the US. Marth, Lucina and Robin would have sufficed by Sakurai is a hypocrite and pretentious old man who wanted to overexpose Smash to his weeb garbage. Maybe a new Metroid character will be in the new Smash, maybe Nintendo will see the light and take Sakurai off the game.
>>
>>381180475
Alm and Celica and the new lords
>>
>>381178379
There's about to be what, the 15th FE game made? Guess that's just how it is
>>
>>381180475
If there's a new Smash for Switch, it'll probably be after the upcoming Switch FE comes out, meaning Corrin won't be the newest lord anymore.
>>
File: Sneig.jpg (40KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Sneig.jpg
40KB, 350x350px
>>381180407
I suppose this time around they felt like advertising for games on their own system for a change.
>>
>>381180125
Kill thyself
>>
>>381180701
True, but Corrin will still have higher priority than the other Sm4sh FE characters not named Marth
>>
>>381180595
FE Switch would be the 16th
>>
>>381180406
Ike is the most popular FE character in the world.
>>
>>381181107
Sure, he was voted the most popular FE character, but that was by FE fans.
A random person would be more likely to recognize Marth or Lucina before Ike.
It's like saying Ashley should be in since she's a really popular WarioWare character.
>>
>>381181795
Maybe in Japan, random people know Marth and will call Lucina marths sister or girl Marth

It's more likely someone will recognize Ike since brawl sold more than Awakening and has been around long enough for people to know him more
>>
>>381182120
Marth was in Brawl too.
>>
>>381181795
>he was voted the most popular FE character, but that was by FE fans.

And Smash Bros is primarily for fans of Nintendo games.

Otherwise, why do you think Shulk was able to make it in?
>>
>>381180475
Robin and Lucina will be old news by then. Even Lucina-fags have largely declined.

I can see Roy maybe making it in since he was an original since the melee days however. Probably as DLC again.
>>
>>381182186
I wasn't arguing against Marth
>>
>>381179779
Robin deserves to stay because they play nothing like the other sword users
>>
>>381179351
>Swordshit
But technically it's also a giant key. And sure they say it's Keyblade, but that thing is too thick to be a blade, so it checks out. Plus Drive forms can help him stand out.
>>
>>381182209
>Otherwise, why do you think Shulk was able to make it in?

To promote Xenoblade.
>>
>>381182471
>Xenoblade 2010 with a limited release in the states

>SMASH 4 2014 added shulk to sell a game that's out of print
>>
>>381180475
Alm's going to replace Ike and Celica is going to replace Robin.
>>
File: 1491183651612.jpg (73KB, 767x788px) Image search: [Google]
1491183651612.jpg
73KB, 767x788px
>>381182650
>the Xenoblade franchise ended with Xenoblade Chronicles
>the out of print game was never literally in the process of being remade for he 3DS, another system Smash was on
>another Xenoblade game didn't come out almost immediately after
>>
Corrin was unnecessary and Lucina was only there for waifu appeal. She's a shit clone of Marth for the casuals to feel like they can play.
>>
File: 1453947776235.jpg (19KB, 168x168px) Image search: [Google]
1453947776235.jpg
19KB, 168x168px
>>381178379
>Why did they put in 6 characters from a Nintendo franchise?!
>They could have put in retarded D*sney fanfiction characters from a Sony flagship franchise!

Is there anything more autistic than a DeviantHearts fan?
>>
File: Project M EX.jpg (346KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Project M EX.jpg
346KB, 1600x900px
Hey OP, if you want even more playable Fire Emblem characters, download Project M EX. Has nine FE characters I believe.
>>
>>381179931
In the west probably but he's also the first lord so that tends to get recognition
>>
>>381182829
Why do alm and celica fags believe this? Ike and Robin are going nowhere. And alm and celica are not as popular as you would think, new game or not it's just a remake. Maybe if they were popular before but no one not even oldfags gave a fuck about gaiden
>>
>>381183086
Good god it's so ugly.
>>
>>381182829
>implying Echoes is going to be relevant to anything, especially with Switch FE on the horizon
wew
You're getting Alm and Celica trophies, and you're going to like it
>>
>>381178379
Mario has 10 reps from his franchise including DK, Yoshi, and Wario but I don't see anyone complaining.

Yeah you could write it off as it being Mario but even if you exclude DK, Yoshi, and Wario that's still 7 reps. Suck a dick dumbshits.
>>
File: Project M Legacy XP.jpg (421KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Project M Legacy XP.jpg
421KB, 1600x900px
>>381183204
True, Project M Legacy XP is by far the best version of Project M, plus it genuinely has over five hundred stages if you count all the alternates.
>>
>>381178379
Why do you think Sakurai separated the clones and DLC into their own sections instead of grouping them with their series? Could you imagine 6 FE characters in a row stretching across the screen? Sakurai knows there's too many FE characters, that's why he visually tried to make the ones outside of Marth, Ike, and Robin look like extra bonuses who don't count.
>>
File: IMG_1017.jpg (554KB, 800x1560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1017.jpg
554KB, 800x1560px
>GBA
Chain of Memories
>DS
Re:coded
358/2
>3DS
Dream Drop Distance

Still no Sora!!! Fuck
>>
>>381182297
>Even Lucina-fags have largely declined.
>>
>>381180020
She would've had great potential for a original moveset of her own but Sakurai was lazy for it to happen. She deserved better than being another Marth clone.
>>
>>381183634
Have you seen any Lucinafags recently? FEH has a much more diverse set of waifuposters and with Valentia everyone's talking about the new waifus such as Faye and Celica.
>>
>>381183625
Why would they want a bad fanfic character from a Sony centric franchise?
>>
>>381183429
Mario sold over 528 million games though. Fire Emblem has only just passes the ten million.
>>
>>381183429
>Mario has 10 reps from his franchise including DK, Yoshi, and Wario

If you're going to count it that way then Donkey Kong has ten reps.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.