[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if EA made a Call of Duty game.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

What would it be like?
>>
File: 1470752353725.jpg (300KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1470752353725.jpg
300KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: moh conflictcombatant.jpg (22KB, 256x319px) Image search: [Google]
moh conflictcombatant.jpg
22KB, 256x319px
>>381176291
>>
>>381176407
>>381176513
oh
>>
>>381176407
>>381176513
It's a shame, really, the game before this was actually fairly decent. Then they just went full-CoD with Warfighter.
>>
>>381176407
>>381176513
It's a shame the MoH series is ruined. I wouldn't mind a new WWII one.

Speaking of CoD, why does Black Ops III have a terrible random loot generator? Did the previous game have it too?
>>
>>381176632
>Then they just went full-CoD with Warfighter.

The biggest flaw with Warfighter wasn't actually in the gun play or the killstreak system, those were good... They just had 1-2 design flaws in the multiplayer that they could have easily fixed with patches (Like how the blackhawk spawn streak, you could just stand behind it and kill everyone who spawns without repercussions) - and gunplay varried from TIGHT AS FUCK BONER INDUCING /k/ SHIT to "Why isn't this gun killing people"

The multiplayer unlock system was cancer as fuck, and one of the major flaws with the game. If this was fixed I feel like it would have scored a full point higher in every review (from 7 to 8)

But Warfighter got a lot of negative press for having a stupid single player campaign, and what they did with those, what was it, tomahawks for charity and all the negative buzz they got over that even though you can go on Amazon and buy one right now for 30 dollars free shipping?

It's a shame Warfighter is dead because it seemed like they had a lot of really great ideas but were sometimes either lacking a bit of skill to do it, or were forced to use Frostbite and had to spend most of their time figuring it out vs just doing what they wanted to do.

I don't blame EA for axing them, but I do blame EA for not trying to revive the franchise. If they released Warfighter's multiplayer as a Free to Play game right now, with a few tweaks and fixes, it'd probably do really well.
>>
RIP MOH
>>
>>381177231
I was speaking mostly about the singleplayer. Didn't play much of the multiplayer.

The game before it was a lot more grounded and 'mature', while warfighter went full RAMIREZ BECOME A ONE MAN ARMY TERMINATOR AND KILL ALL ARMIES IN THE WORLD WITH A BUTTER KNIFE IN TEN SECONDS WHILE EVERYTHING EXPLODES HOLY SHIT.

EA had an opportunity to carve out it's own niche in a genre that's overly saturated with a bunch of whack-a-mole shooters that all look and play the same(Ironically, a cancer that was started by none other than Medal of Honor back in the day.). In the end, they couldn't resist the urge to just be 'CoD, but by EA.'.

Funny how the franchise came full circle.
>>
>>381176842
>Speaking of CoD, why does Black Ops III have a terrible random loot generator? Did the previous game have it too?

Infinite Warfare had one, yes.

Activision is trying desperately to find a new way to monetize their games to exploit every dollar, and are willing to go to any length to do it. This is why they have blatantly lied about COD. In Black Ops 3, they said they would not add any guns to loot crates since it wouldn't be fair. A few months in, they did it.

In Modern Warfare Remastered, they said they would leave the experience pure and not fuck with it. The game would stay unbalanced with OP guns it originally had, etc. In a patch, they secretly added RNG loot to the game unannounced. Some people were upset with this, but all the additions were entirely cosmetic and didn't impact gameplay. Actually kind of neat some of them.

Then a month or two later they added guns. The ones they added are all the best guns in the game now. The only way to get them is through excessive play time or buying like 100 dollars of loot crates.
>>
>>381177604
Jesus.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (129KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
129KB, 1280x720px
>>381177829
Oh yeah and most of the guns they added don't fit aesthetically with any other gun in the game

>MW
>Aesthetic as fuck G36's, FN FAL's, 80's MP5's, M14's, etc and what not
>all old school 90's tier operator stuff that is familiar and authentic
>add this shit

Rumor has it they took files from guns that didn't make the cut of other COD games like BLOPS2 and just recycled them here
>>
>>381178317
I wouldn't be at all surprised.
>>
>>381177604
I knew they added new maps and modes to make it more of a "best of" game, but I had no idea they added pay2win crates. Can you even buy MWR on its own?
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (171KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
171KB, 1280x720px
>>381179068
So here is the Timeline of MWR

>Released MWR as a add on for Infinite Warfare, need to buy the Legacy Edition for it, can't buy it standalone
>Activision says they will never sell it stand alone, or maybe they will later on but won't talk about it
>MWR is actually way better than IW and gets 100% of my playtime, as do a lot of people online
>MWR comes with 10 of the original 16 maps from MW
>MWR does so well, Activision plans to add the other 6 maps in
>Update rolls around Christmas time
>Update adds 6 maps and another adds "Winter Crash" map from COD4 and identical Holiday event (Christmas wrapper camo, what not)
>Patch notes nowhere mention addition of loot crates
>Loot crates are, at this time, purely cosmetic
>Adds new camos for guns, custom reticles for scopes / red dots, selectable camos for character models uniforms and custom character faces
>Adds Weapon "Kits" which do one of two things, either apply camo to specific parts of the gun (if you remember MW, camo goes on EVERYTHING) to allow for kind of cool two tone camos, or even remodels of existing guns (pic related)
>Can buy these crates for free, easily, in game, or by spending a few dollars
>Shits good so far

>They add some fucking guns to the loot crates now
>The guns are obtained via the loot crate not as a drop, no, but by collecting a certain number of loot crate items in a "collection" which unlocks it
>Guns are pretty good
>many contrast the guns in the game

>MWR released the COD4 DLC map pack
>MWR map pack has 4 maps for 15 dollars
>in COD4 it only cost 9.99 for those maps???
>Activision justifies the price because they are giving you 10 dollars worth of free loot crates when you buy it, so it's all good and worth the money!

>Adds more loot crate guns to the game

>Releases MWR as a stand alone game now
>>
>>381179894
In what way the loot guns are better? I thought all cod guns handles the same
>>
>>381180262
>I thought all cod guns handles the same

This isn't true. All guns have different ROF's, recoils, damage, etc. I think M16 is the top dog in assault rifle. I know I personally prefer the M4 over the AK47 since the latter has absurd recoil and handling that doesn't make up for it's damage, but COD has always had clearly better guns.

Now the Loot Crate guns might not be 100% better in every situation, as guys are saying the BOS-14 doesn't necessarily usurp the M16 overall, but the BOS-14 basically rapes every automatic fire AR in the game (G36, M4, AK, etc)

The FANG-45 is regarded as the top dog of SMG's right now

The Saiga they added is easily the best shotgun in the game.

Etc etc
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.