[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it really as simple as buying Splinter Cell and following

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: part-1-the-hardware-800x400.png (193KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
part-1-the-hardware-800x400.png
193KB, 800x400px
Is it really as simple as buying Splinter Cell and following the online guides I've found? I really don't want to brick my HUEG considering how well it works but I've played my library to death.

Anyone have experience modding their Xbox?
>>
>>381175765
Yep I bought a kit for $15 and it payed for itself 100 times over. You can play all the x-box games tons of arcade games and other shit. Just follow the directions and you'll be fine.
>>
>>381176709
Great to know. What's in the kit you bought? I assume action replay and the game, anything else?
>>
>>381177290
A soldering kit? What tools does the guide tell you you need
>>
>>381175765
I never owned an OG Xbox until last year. I did the splinter cell mod to install unleashX CFW. All I remember needing to buy was splinter cell and the xbox port to female USB cable.

You need a small USB flash drive (I used a 2GB one) to transfer the save exploit to your xbox hdd. Look up USBFatXFormatter. Once you transfer the save exploit onto your HDD, it is very simple to install CFW.
>>
>>381178247
oh, I also needed to buy Halo 2 to update the Xbox dashboard to the latest version. you should be able to do it with any xbox live game.
>>
>>381177290
I did it like 2 years ago I think it came with Splinter Cell, a memory unit and a screwdriver to get it open and release the hard drive. All you'll be doing is copying files/installing the firmware from your PC and replacing the drive.

When you're done all you'll need to do is have it hooked into your router to transfer games and emulators to it. Look it up on Youtube they they have videos showing the entire process.
>>
>>381177667
OK that makes more sense. There are "solderless" guides online which were the ones I wasn't sure about, figured it wouldn't be as easy as plugging in an action replay lol. Though this anon >>381178247 needed even less apparently so I'm not sure. I'm not against going the extra bit to solder my Xbox I just want to know the best way to go about this.
>>
There's also ways to do it wthout any games, by hotswapping the drive or dumping the drive encryption key.
>>
>>381178530
What are you trying to do? Just softmod it to install CFW? All you need is Splinter Cell, the save exploit and the most recent dashboard version.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.