[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tips to survive and thrive? I keep getting rekt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: 300px-RimWorld_-_cover.jpg (22KB, 300x413px) Image search: [Google]
300px-RimWorld_-_cover.jpg
22KB, 300x413px
Tips to survive and thrive? I keep getting rekt
>>
lower the difficulty
>>
>>381175370
hehehehe
>>
shit game
>>
make a killbox and or git good
>>
>>381176181
>killbox
A hwat
>>
>>381176281
Use your fucking thinkmeats, anon. Within the framework of Rimworld, what does a killbox sound like to you?
>>
>>381176387
A box where you kill? You really are making me think critically!
>>
>>381176387
>thinkmeats
dead
>>
>>381175272
It's just a shitty tower defense game, anon, you can do it
>>
>>381176387
I thought the latest patch fucked over killboxes now? I've heard enemy pawns start drilling through walls if they can't calculate a semi-safe path to engage.
>>
>>381178542
they say that every patch but you can still make almost the exact same killbox and it will work
>>
>>381178646
What about when they mortar siege you or droppod into your bedrooms?
>>
File: 1486439906774.jpg (124KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1486439906774.jpg
124KB, 600x900px
artificial difficulty: the game

Raising the difficulty along with making sieges worse just makes your pawns more prone to disease, worse at aiming, and bad at bartering. Why there is no combat difficulty (shooting, wound recovery, etc....) and campaign difficulty (intensity of sieges) is beyond me.
>>
File: rim ball.png (396KB, 550x780px) Image search: [Google]
rim ball.png
396KB, 550x780px
>>381178748
By the time you get a mortar siege you should have your most accurate colonist get a sniper rifle and go out and snipe them until they rush you. You can also snipe their mortars directly which will blow them up but that means you can't loot them for yourself.
>>
>>381178915
Sounds fake.
>>
>>381179135
You haven't played much of the game yet.
>>
>>381179116
>Get attacked by a rival village
>check their character stats
>harvest the organs from the gay ones
>let them go with one less lung and kidney
>they attack again a few days later
>take their heart this time and sell it on the black market
>>
>>381179237
I have. The difficulties should raise the timing and intensity of raids, not mess with colonist skills.
>>
>>381179116
mortars have been buffed in this patch, by the time you're being seiged you should have mortars of your own which makes their seige trivial
>>
>>381179496
I still find it easier to just cheese them with a sniper. Every time I try to use mortarts it takes like five shots to actually hit where I want it to.
>>
>>381179565
thats why you build 5 mortars
>>
>>381178915
My only complaint: All surgery has the same failure chance.

I have killed more tribals attempting to give them wooden peglegs than I can count. You guys mean to tell me you somehow failed to tie a piece of wood to a man's stub leg? It's fucking rediculous I need a completely sterile room with a hospital bed, vitals monitor, and a 12+ skill doctor with glimmerworld medicine just to apply a pegleg reliably. And sometimes still fail.
>>
>>381179706
i ain't made of steel. 9 colonists with sniper rifles / great bows makes work of their siege outpost
>>
Things I want to make the game easier:
Better traps.
Easier way to get single guns than stealing from bandits
Boxes to stack common manufactured items, like shirts and medicine.
Nerf crop blight.
Ability to buy genetically engineered body parts to replace things like fingers and noses instead of going full cybernetics.
Explosive mining.
Schedule a certain amount of cleaning, haulong, or research per day

Things I want to make the game harder:
GMO animals that eat powerlines and other metal stuff.
Killer robots that focus on attacking walls instead of colonists.
Gremlins that only steal things and don't attack colonists unless provoked.
Flooding
Meteor strikes.
Prisoners can riot and smash things in their room.
Easier to recruit, easier to lose colonists
Parasite monsters that can burst out of living animals and attack.
>>
>>381175272
get someone researching electronics as soon as possible
Get gold for the research upgrades
Build a comms console asap and put a trade beacon down in your stockpile zone
get someone tailoring and sell clothing for money or get someone cooking nonstop and sell meals
build your main base inside a big rock formation and somewhere that you can wall off in a way that you can funnel in attackers
research deep drilling and the ground scanner as soon as it makes sense to so your colonists don't have to walk all over for mining resources
Keep your violence inept colonists restricted to the home
Assign an animal that can defend should a colonists be attacked by a predator
Manage tasks manually
>>
how do i stop myself from turning my colony into a jew market with the only goal of making as much money as possible
>>
I wish it were possible to morally break colonists if they do a bad thing enough times or needed to do it to survive. Like cannibalism and organ farming. Not that it should be easy.

It would also be nice if you could organ farm from the recently dead too.
>>
File: 20170604161729_1.jpg (23KB, 334x247px) Image search: [Google]
20170604161729_1.jpg
23KB, 334x247px
>>
>>381175272
Wall your base, use traps and turrets, avoid digging into the mountain if you can't handle the eventual infestation

To combat raids, soft them up with mortars and either build a killbox or micro using doors, both are easymode.
Against mechs just a single Emp Mortar or Emp grenades can make it easy

The only thing that can really fuck you are the dropping pod raids. Eventually shit will get boring, lategame is pretty shit atm, even with mods.
>>
>>381182676
Infestations are worse than drop pods imo
>>
>>381179381
just pegleg them and watch them take a full season to make it to your base
>>
>>381182801
I mean, its kinda down to luck, but later in the game I would say the drop pods are worse to deal with, if they get a brawler on luci or molotovs inside, it can fuck your shit up. Infestations are way worse earlier tho
>>
>>381179814

all of the stuff that makes the game easier and some of the stuff that makes it harder is in one mod or another
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.