[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oculus Rift

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: oculus-rift.jpg (70KB, 1473x864px) Image search: [Google]
oculus-rift.jpg
70KB, 1473x864px
My Wife just bought me this for Father's Day. I've been playing iRacing the last few hours. Is there anything else worth playing on here or should I leave her?
>>
never heard of iRacing
Try Elite Dangerous
>>
>>381174260

Use google you damn retard.
>>
>>381174612
I could, but I'd rather ask people who may have used it on here so fuck off.
>>
>>381174528
It's a racing sim which is about as close to the real thing as you can get. Pricey, but great community. I'll take a look at Elite Dangerous.
>>
>>381174260
If you dont have touch, get touch.
Then get superhot, star trek, robo recall, unspoken, and obduction to start. Summer sale going on now too
>>
Sell it and get a Vive instead.
>>
>>381175305
Looks like Robo Recall is free with touch. If you had to pick one of those others, what would it be?
>>
>>381175672
Yeah, my first thought but like I said, it came from the wife so what're you gonna do ya know? Besides, if she spent $800 on a Vive I would have returned it.
>>
If you have Oculus Touch, Superhot VR and Rec Room are really the only must-play experiences.
Oh, and I'm not sure that it counts, but if you have fast internet you absolutely need to try Google Earth VR. That shit's actually life-changing. If you don't have fast internet it takes a long time to stream in assets so the effect is weakened, though.
>>
>>381175748
superhot
>>
>>381175864
I'm afraid of heights, anon. Will it put me on mountains?
>>
>>381175748
Depends what you are going for. Trek is the best online social game ever, superhot turns you into fucking neo, unspoken turns you into harry potter, and obduction is myst in vr done well
>>
>>381175976
You can go to mountains if you want, but most of the appeal for me was just exploring cities around the world from street-level. Oh, and standing at the edge of the tallest building in Tokyo and then stepping off was the most gut-wrenchingly scared I have ever felt, so that's neat.
>>
>>381176120
So I can commit virtual suicide every day, all day? Sounds pretty cool.
>>
>>381175305
>>381175864
>>381175964
>>381176093
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRwgmjn-8mE
>>
>>381176093
Good descriptions. Sounds like they all have their merits...except for being Daniel Radcliffe
>>
>>381174260
Facebook
>>
>>381175976
it never actually puts you up high, it shrinks the world down so that you are giant, standing on the ground
>>
>>381176359
I really shouldn't find this as charming as I do.
>>
>>381175976
>>381176493
Sort of? The scale of the world can be set separately from your apparent height which is something that's literally impossible to showcase on a monitor.
>>
>>381176421
unspoken is pretty fun, its competitive magic gesture combat that rewards multitasking
>>
>>381174260
Does she call you daddy?
>>
>>381176758
Not really, though she probably would if I wanted. She's an Indonesian girl who moved here when she was 18 for school so most of the western degeneracy hasn't affected her.
>>
for non-touch games, chronos is a good third person adventure game, vanishing of ethan carter is a fucking beautiful exploration game, and subnautica is shit your pants scary undersea survival. adrift is also amazing if and only if you dont get motion sickness from anything ever
>>
>>381177125
Sounds like adrift is out then. I though they worked out all the motion sickness stuff?
>>
>>381177201
astronauts get hella sick in real life. spinning on all 3 axis and not knowing which way is up is not for everyone
>>
>>381176441
I don't have a Facebook account, though. Will Myspace work?
>>
>>381176747
Can I make shit explode?
>>
>>381177283
Stop saying hella, Cartman
>>
>>381177421
well yes. but you can also turn a run down ferris wheel into a gigantic iron spider that hunts your opponent with a spot light and shoots laser beams
>>
>>381176359
nipponese is such a fucking meme language lmao
>>
>>381178241
Sounds like a logical progression of the technology
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.