[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone here play this game? how is it? worth grabbing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: PvZ-Garden-Warfare-2.jpg (285KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
PvZ-Garden-Warfare-2.jpg
285KB, 1280x720px
anyone here play this game? how is it? worth grabbing?
>>
>>381163672
I play it, it's slow paced and a little bullshit at times but can be fun, worth picking up in my opition. The servers are still full on PC and PS4 but I think Xbox is dead.
>>
I actually enjoyed the first one a lot. Haven't played the 2nd yet though might get it when its super cheap
>>
>>381163862
>>381163952
theres a sale for it on psn store. normal edition for around 12 dollars and deluxe is 16 i think. it looks cool but i wasnt sure if the online was still active.
>>
It's still very active.

This game has an overwhelming amount of content and things to do.
>>
>>381163672
I fucking hate what it became. The first Garden Warfare was much more enjoyable if only for its simplicity.
>>
>>381165572
what makes this one so different?> i have never played either
>>
File: sad pupper.jpg (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
sad pupper.jpg
5KB, 259x194px
>Plants VS Zombies comes out
>becomes an instant hit and gets on every single device that can play games ever (no one remembers the DS version)
>fans beg for PvZ 2
>PvZ 2 finally comes out years later
>devolves into p2w mobile app sadness because Popcap got with EA
>no one cares about PvZ anymore
>Garden Warfare and Garden Warfare 2 come out
>they are actually good games despite EA bullshit
>no one cares
>PvZ Heroes comes out and is also an actually good game
>no one cares
>tfw no one cares about PvZ anymore
>tfw EA will never let Popcap do things non-PvZ related ever again
>tfw no Insaniquarium or Bookworm sequel
>tfw EA will kill Popcap
>tfw no one will care
Feels really fucking bad, man. Popcap Seattle was hit with layoffs about a month ago. I'm scared, man. I don't want Popcap to die. I love the PvZ games to death (PvZ 2 I feel lukewarm to), but I want them to go back to their old games as well. I hope EA doesn't pull anything scary.
>>
>>381163672
I don't know. I've bought it like six times though.
>>
File: 1496285078622.jpg (415KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
1496285078622.jpg
415KB, 500x625px
>>381163862
>The servers are still full on PC
Neat. I should probably reinstall one of these days. It was surprisingly fun.
>>
>>381165889
The second one added a bunch of new power creep classes that led to the game being unbalanced for months after launch. Can't tell you what the current state is like as I dropped it a while back.

Additionally, the game heavily relies on RNG sticker packs as a means of getting character variants which is a huge pain in the ass considering how many variants there are.

If you're really interested and can get it cheap then I won't try to dissuade you. Just airing my grievances. I do, however, recommend you try the first GW if you can acquire it.
>>
>>381166058
>becomes an instant hit and gets on every single device that can play games ever (no one remembers the DS version)
I unironically have the DS version.
>>
>>381167370
oh shit you do?

how is it
>>
It takes 5 weeks real-time to unlock 2 of the classes

and you can play for thousands of hours and still not have all of the cosmetics unlocked

its basically one giant scam from EA, microtransactions everywhere even though its not even a free2play game
>>
>>381166726
is the first GW even populated? I tried replaying it last year and I barely could find a game, though maybe I tried at a bad time.
>>
>>381167798
Dunno. Never played it. I got it for kids.
>>
theres no demo for this game?
>>
>>381169080
>It takes 5 weeks real-time to unlock 2 of the classes
Source? You can unlock a variant every few games with the 75,000 coin pack. It might sound expensive but you get around 10,000-20,000 coins a game.

>>381170158
There is a 10 hour trial on origins that you can start any time and finish any time, you just download it and away you go. Trials are one of the few things that make origins much better than stream imo.
>>
>>381163672
I genuinely prefer the original. The sequel was a nice change of pace but eventually the fun wore off. I can still lose an hour or two in the first
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.