[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone give me a quick rundown of the plot+lore of bloodborne

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_8543.jpg (25KB, 288x345px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8543.jpg
25KB, 288x345px
Someone give me a quick rundown of the plot+lore of bloodborne
>>
blood
>>
you go to a city infested with werewolves but then you find out the big twist that they're not really werewolves they're just guys that got mutated because they drank too much ayyyylmao blood, and then you go to a lovecraft nightmare dimension and kill the ayylmaos
>>
borne
>>
>>381160483
it's an allegory for overcoming the fear of menarche and the stigma behind menstruation and motherhood
>>
File: 46776544764.png (31KB, 470x189px) Image search: [Google]
46776544764.png
31KB, 470x189px
>>381160483
>>
All a dream, my man
OR
All a dream, my man, but you're stuck in it
OR
Ayy lmao
>>
>>381160483
The tl;dr story is the protagonist shows up in a land called Yharnam to receive some healing that uses old ancient magic blood. He gets turned into a hunter who fights beasts and is sustained by some magical dreamworld called the hunters dream. Eventually you kill enough things for the game to end and get a different ending depending certain conditions.

The lore beyond that is complicated
>>
>>381161176
>beyond that is complicated

Do go into it
>>
ayy lmao's did it
>>
>>381161308
start by reading the paleblood hunt by Redgrave
>>
>>381161308
Ill probably butcher this but basically the people who started Yharnam ventured deep onto the earth and discovered the existence of some an ancient race that served under "old ones", ancient being's who's forms transcend the physical dimension. The Byrgenworth school was founded to study relics and all the shit being discovered and eventually there was a "holy medium" found that lead to the development of blood ministration(blood healing)
>>
kosfags blown the fuck out
>>
Now that the dust has settled, is it Kos or Kosm?
>>
>>381162673
If Kos=Kosm=Kosmos, then why is Ebretias daughter of the Cosmos in the orphanage and not Orphan of Kos?
>>
>>381160483
No. Fuck you.
>>
>>381160483
you know what I don't get, why were the old ones here and in lovecraftian lore referred to as aliens? they're more demon like to me
>>
File: 1491618596145.jpg (251KB, 920x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1491618596145.jpg
251KB, 920x1100px
>>381160483

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWLedd0Zw3c6YF_nN1fS9dYx5VT_Lia_d
>>
It takes place after the fall of an anarchic society in which only a small caste of people, defined by their golden face and wide grins, are allowed the privilege of experiencing the wonders of the Kosmos.
>>
>>381162208
This. He has a really intriguing take on the whole lore, well worth a bathroom read.
>>
File: AWOO.png (92KB, 413x421px) Image search: [Google]
AWOO.png
92KB, 413x421px
Awooo
>>
Godlike creatures use to keep watch over the humans.
They leave one day, and humans discover that their former god's blood grants them some sort of power.
This power turns them insane some even into beasts.
They make a sport out of killing the beasts, and take it very far.
This is where you come in.
>>
>>381163284
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNfYKbc1_a0
>>
>first playthrough of BB ever
>about to fight Gehrman
>exploring chalice dungeons
>just took down Ludwig
What a fucking ride, this game
It feels like if DS1 was made with 3's engine
>>
WHERE IS THE PLATINUM GUY
>>
>>381163036
>you know what I don't get, why were the old ones here and in lovecraftian lore referred to as aliens? they're more demon like to me

Because demons are generally thought to be evil, and wish to do harm to humans.

Old ones are cosmic beings from someplace beyond the stars. Their true form and motives are physically incomprehensible to our primitive brains.

So you could interpret that as beings from other dimensions, or you could interpret that as an alien civilization that is millions or billions of years more advanced than we are.
>>
OK I think I fucked up with the online because I can't play it online.

>Was playing online going through Nightmare of Mensis
>Getting aggrivated because of those Frenzy spikes and getting invaded
>Someone invades me
>Had enough, and quit the game from the game's menu
>Back to title
>Play online and load game
>"Lost connection to the network. Returning to title menu."
>Tried again
>Still giving me the message
>MFW

I know it was really stupid of me doing that. Any way to fix this issue? If not, might as well just be done with the game for good.
>>
>>381163581
Excellent game, indeed. Just finished my first run last week.
>>
>>381160483
>wake up strapped to a sickdark bloody gory hospital bed
>break out and kill werewolves and angry townsfolk in bloody, gory sickdark fashion
>teleport to magical sickdark dream world where you find an old man and a doll
>progress through the game killing sickdark munsters and drinking blood like a sickdark vampire
>find sickdark ayliums
>enter more sickdark dream worlds and kill increasingly sicker and darker enemies
>return to the hunters dream and wheelchair man can suddenly walk and he offers to kill you
>you can either die or fight him in the the most sickdark boss fight yet
>game ends with absolutely no coherent plot
then there are these secret sickdark umbilical cords that you find hidden around where you can unlock a hidden ending where you fight a big sickdark aylium

cant say for certain about the DLC though, didnt buy it because the game was shit
>>
>>381160483
>College called Byrgenwerth finds cool stuff that unlocks ancient catacombs filled with even more cool stuff called old blood also something about ancient great ones
>Turns out this shit isn't cool at all and the guy in charge of the college closes down on any research of the blood and that the students should seek other ways to ascend to the level of the Great Ones.
>Student named Laurence doesn't give a shit and goes on to create an entire religion out of the old blood in the nearby city, Yharnam
>Yharnam goes fucking obsessed with it since it cures all diseases and many more
>people slowly start going crazy and crazy monsters start appearing
>Church now has cullings called "Hunts" every time these beasts appears in large numbers, they usually last a night where the church members go out and kill everyone who so much as look at them, sometimes going with extreme measures such as burning an entire district of the city down.
>rest of the world pretty much thinks the city has gone bonkers, and they're right
>crazy motherfucker named Micolash (also a student of the same college as Laurence) starts a new school of thought dedicated to visiting the realm of the Great ones.
>they create an elaborate ritual to visit this realm and contact a Great One but shit happens, they all die and the moon turns red
>oh, and they've summoned giant unfathomable beings to the city too.
>Rom, a student who knew those two goes "Oh shit" and hides all the eldritch bullshit from the normal folk since she's now a great one thanks to the headmaster of the college
>even though it's all hidden away that doesn't mean they're gone and the situation keeps getting worse and worse
>years later some asshole with a terrible disease shows up in the city
>game starts

Also something and something about Oedon and impregnation
>>
>>381160483
>quick rundown of the plot
Blood Borne
>>
File: 29365872.png (30KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
29365872.png
30KB, 600x600px
>LOL YOUR HUNTER
>HUNT HIS
>NOPE LOL YOURE HUNTING THIS INSTEAD!

Bloodborne has good lore compared to other games...but ultimately video game lore only equates to the most shallow of fantasy fiction. In b4 some faggot equates Maria's line of 'Curse the fiends, their children too' to the poetry of Stevens or Merrill.
>>
>>381163742
Known bug, apparently. Turn off your ps4 not rest mode, turn off completely, restart your router, turn it on again. See if it works. Gonna smoke, I'll be back in a minute if you still need help.
>>
>>381160483
16th century witch hunt, but replace the witches with werewolves and then throw in aliens who were behind everything the entire time.
>>
File: 1497668078567.jpg (596KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1497668078567.jpg
596KB, 768x1024px
>>381160483
doll is the cutest
>>
aliums
>>
>>381161176
im cooking a steak so i have limited time. you do indeed come to a town seeking a magical bloodbased cure for your own ailment etc. as you seek to get out of this dreamland you start unraveling how it all began and where it all came from.
>>
>>381164357
>they create an elaborate ritual to visit this realm and contact a Great One but shit happens, they all die and the moon turns red

Elaborate, please.
>>
File: 1472948970192.png (747KB, 708x955px) Image search: [Google]
1472948970192.png
747KB, 708x955px
>>381160483
DUDE
BLOOD
LMAO
>>
File: is such a thing even possible.gif (2MB, 480x271px) Image search: [Google]
is such a thing even possible.gif
2MB, 480x271px
>>381160483
The plot is dumb contrived nonsense. You hunt beasts because you can, also dreams.

The lore is ancient aliens.
>>
KOSM
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.