[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know how to fix the Switch Open world Pokemon Snap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: 6172_front.jpg (313KB, 608x459px) Image search: [Google]
6172_front.jpg
313KB, 608x459px
I know how to fix the Switch

Open world Pokemon Snap
>>
>>381158545
Fund it
>>
>>381158545
>Open World
That's where you're wrong buddy. Open World is played out
>>
>>381158675
epic meme. Tell me why (you) think open world is bad.
>>
>>381158545
>Open world Pokemon Snap

Fucking stupid.
The joy of the game was derived from the re-play-ability
>>
>>381158806
Not falling for that. The proof is all around.
>>
>>381159196
And? Player can still have limitations on photos.

Nintendo failed to capitalize on a new game that was perfect for the WiiU. Not sure if Switch will be any different since I'm not sold on the system.
>>
>>381159314
As expected you have no answer

ABSOLUTELY BTFO
>>
>>381159501
>And?

It's not the same as a set-score for a set-event.

The game itself was problem solving in a system "THE GAME"

It was, in essence, a puzzle-game combined with twitch reflexes.

Open-world would destroy that. You would never be confronted with the same problem, and there would be no reason to take pictures.
>>
>Open world
Fuck that. 10 stages with proper direction, pacing, variety, and replayability is what it should be. Snap is a photography rail shooter, not an aimless empty time waster.
>>
>>381158806
Open world games sacrifice level design and pacing for an empty world that is not enjoyable to traverse.
>>
>Open world
Ruined by Pokemon Go
>Pokemon Snap
Ruined by Sun/Moon
>>
>>381159617
I've been here long enough to know that there is no room for nuanced discussion on /v/. It always devolves into a torrent of shit. Enjoy your fantasy.
>>
>>381160140
how the fuck. what pokemon snap. ruined by sun/moon
>>
>>381158545
Nah keep it on rails with pokemon from every generation.
Also at least one water level that goes full deep sea mode so you can photograph huntails n other deeps sea fish
>>
Didn't gamefreak say the there wouldn't be a new snap because of cell phones?
>>
>>381160238
Sun/Moon had it own minigame for photographing wild Pokemon. It was awful.
>>
>>381159196
>pokemon snap
>replayability
lolno It's the kind of game you play once and then never again.
>>
>>381160808
The entire game was getting a higher score than you previously received.

That's the only thing that made it worth playing.

If you didn't play it correctly, I'm sorry you missed-out.
>>
File: 1497041380739.png (422KB, 665x662px) Image search: [Google]
1497041380739.png
422KB, 665x662px
>be nintendo
>need a system seller
>need a killer game to sell boatloads of 3DS's/U's
>everyone wants pokemon snap 2
>have a gyroscope and camera built into both systems
>shoot down any ideas of a sequel because its not innovative enough
>release pokemon go
>make gorillions
>nah, Pokemon Snap still wouldnt work
>>
>>381161115
dumb frogposter
>>
>>381160518
Yes. They believe that photography isn't a hobby anymore. Utter idiots.

Also I viewed Pokemon Snap as fundamentally a safari game. The experience was seeing "animals" in their native habitats and not disturbing them.
>>
>>381158545
> It's a "le pokemon picture taking game is kino" episode

Why do people think this would make a cent for Nintendo?
>>
>>381158545
Here is how to fix the switch.
MEET THE GOD DAMN DEMAND.
>>
>>381161257

but its all true
>>
>>381161316
Because Pokemon games have always made a lot of money.
>>
>>381158545
It could easily be a sidequest in the next game if GF wasn't lazy. Meet some important npc who gives us a camera to take pictures of wild pokemon we come across. The better the pics, the better the rewards would be. It would only work if it was an open world game where pokemon roam around, though.
>>
>>381161712
It is a sidequest already in SM, just with no actual rewards, and only one pokemon shows up at a time. The only rewarding parts were seeing a rare pokemon after a hundred oricorio.
>>
>>381162265
It was pretty pathetic in Sun and Moon, though. It doesn't even compare to Pokemon Snap.
>>
>>381162650
I know, I'm hoping they were just testing how they'd make it work and not, say, looking to see if people enjoyed it to determine if they were going to peruse it because it's a fun concept, lackluster execution.
>>
>>381160518
Game freak didn't even make Pokemon Snap.
>>
>>381161607
~3.5 million isn't "a lot" in pokemon standards, even in spinoffs
>>
>>381160626
To be fair the whole game is a mess.
>>
File: Masuda.png (492KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
Masuda.png
492KB, 480x640px
>"Photography wasn't as widely spread in those days," he says. "Now everyone has a camera and can take photos whenever they want. Releasing it in that same form wouldn't be as interesting these days. Maybe there's a new idea, though."
http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/9/17/3348288/pokemon

>"As a player I definitely want to play a cool new version of Pokemon Snap but at the same time I also think if it was just a remake with better graphics I don't think it would be as interesting as a lot of people are imagining."
>If someone was to end up developing it they'd have to come up with some cool ideas to really make it a good game for the current generation. It's sort of like what I was saying about Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. If it was just a direct port that would be kind of neat as well, but having new elements is definitely important.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/10/junichi_masuda_talks_pokemon_snap_and_listening_to_fans

pack it up, either Snap SwIItch is never happening or it's gonna be brand new trash content like ORAS
>>
File: 1497288071284.jpg (16KB, 274x368px) Image search: [Google]
1497288071284.jpg
16KB, 274x368px
>>381163505
I can't take pictures of wild pokemon with my phone.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.