[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: the-legend-of-legacy1_ruc9.jpg (241KB, 1000x894px) Image search: [Google]
the-legend-of-legacy1_ruc9.jpg
241KB, 1000x894px
Thoughts on this
>>
Great OST, but not notable otherwise.
>>
>>381158146
SaGa game in disguise
>>
played maybe a couple hours tops, hated the skill learning system.
>>
>>381158146
I liked it. Reminded me of SaGa.

Can't wait for The Alliance Alive.
>>
Pretty alright overall. Who do you pick for your first run? I went with Owen. I still haven't beaten the game though
>>
>>381159267
I also went with Owen but thats the thing i am not enjoying about the game, the characters have no personality
>>
>>381159267
I started with Garnet. Really liked Filmia's personality.
>>
>>381158146
I played the demo and it felt kind of lifeless? Generic? I don't know. Is it worth actually playing?
>>
>>381160623

I'd say it's good but it's not for everyone.
>>
>>381158146
What kind of game is it?
>>
>>381158146
It still amazes when I think of what's become of Masato Kato. I mean how do you go from writing Chrono Trigger and Xenogears to writing Ninja Gaiden 3 and Leggend of Legacy, an RPG with no Story.

Why did they even hire him to write a game with no story. It doesn't even make sense.
>>
Only issue is that the story virtually doesn't exist in addition to the lore being about as ephemeral as the main plot. I enjoyed playing it and exploring, but this game desperately needs either a more intensive degree of gameplay options, or more reason for me to pick apart every nook and cranny.
>>
The grind was too much, RNG for getting skills is the worst thing ever. Very enjoyable atmosphere and music but very lacking in plot and characterization. It was not even "You pick the lore from items and characters" stuff. It was utterly devoid.

The Alliance Alive seems like an improvement is practically all aspects. Chances of localization seem slim however.
>>
>>381163465
It's an Rpg that relies heavily on RNG.
Honestly it's really boring.
>>
File: 1482293023719.jpg (57KB, 482x549px) Image search: [Google]
1482293023719.jpg
57KB, 482x549px
>>381165189
RNG for
>Magic
>And weapon skills
>And weapon/magic proficiency
>And stats

How the fuck someone can think this is fun?
>>
>>381158146
I liked it, the skill system was fun.
>>
>>381165492
then again, i really like rng based games. It really feels good learning a new skill. I guess leveling shit should be a bit less rnged
>>
>>381158146
The element contract system was bullshit.

>Enemy can contract element AND attack during same attack
>You have to contract OR attack

You pretty much have to have one character designated to contracting water or else you just lost.
>>
>>381165803
I liked how you could influence the elements during battle, that was a good part, however, what you say, is killer.

>Need to heal
>Time to use my hardly grinded water magic to heal
>LOL I JUST USED FIRE MAGIC NOW YOUR MAGIC IS USELESS
>End up wasting a turn
>>
Since battles wear you down and basically give you no reward at all, the game is less about winning fights and more about dodging enemies on the map screen. I think the optimal strategy for the first half of the game is to avoid every fight and use those huge birds for grinding. Which isn't all that fun.
>>
>>381165441
Oh, I forgot this too.

>RNG FOR FUCKING GETTING WEAPONS AND ARMOR

Seriously. It was fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>381165441
that sounds terrible
character progression should always be deterministic outside of loot, i hate this trend toward making more shit random
>>
>>381158146
>SaGa game with some cool ideas
>But characters are soulless husks and there is no story

Maybe the sequel will improve on things.
>>
>>381158146
as unmemorable and creatively bankrupt as the title would suggest. Just like every 3ds game.
>>
the story is done Metroid Prime style using ancient stones instead of scans. good music, okay system, repackaged diet SaGa
>>
>>381164727
>Xenogears
Was pretentious and really poorly written at that.
>>
>>381159015
>hated the skill learning system.
How? I think sparking skills mid battle is the best thing ever.
>>
>>381158146
I liked it quite a bit.

However, you have to be far more interested in exploring the areas and/or exploring the combat than any attempts at story in order to enjoy it. I was a bit disappointed when the character storylines in the beginning basically vanished, but I'm always looking for a good game where you can just wander around and find interesting stuff. However, it was more presented as some sort of discovery and uncovering of a story, and there really wasn't any story to find.

>>381159267
I started with Meurs. I eventually swapped Garnet with Filmia. Having three characters (Meurs, Bianca, Filmia) who could cast water magic was quite nice.
>>
>>381165441
>>381166291
>>381167012
I'll admit I haven't played this game yet, but if it's like the SaGa games, then triggers for learning skills usually occur at a much higher rate during boss battles rather than normal encounters. Also, stat ups shouldn't occur randomly but be based on the kind of actions a character takes, like fighting with a sword would increase their strength, endurance, and hp or whatever and using magic would increase mp and intelligence. What >381166464 says does sound really shitty, though.
>>
>>381167443
That's the difference between Saga and here. In Saga, or hell, even fucking FF2, this stuff happens naturally, as you progress through the game you'll see that your characters progressed and changed as you played them. Here you have to brute-force it because of how damn low the rates are and because there's literally no incentive to fight random encounters because they give absolutely no reward.
>>
>>381167443
>Also, stat ups shouldn't occur randomly but be based on the kind of actions a character takes
Also forgetting about stat gains also follow the same rules skills do as well. The stronger the enemy the higher chance you gain stat ups, none-the-less you can get a TON of them from a single battle. I once got three level ups on a single skill in one battle.

Only played the demo, but it seems decent.
>>
File: 1495998638859.png (180KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1495998638859.png
180KB, 500x500px
one of the few rpgs i just couldnt get into for some reason
my opinion probably doesnt matter much as i never finished it
>>
I bought it on a whim like 2 days after it released and it sold poorly enough that they still had extras of the special edition from preordering so I got the fancy box and artbook and OST disc

Never actually finished the game though, got maybe a third through and it bored me to tears
>>
>>381167443
Learning a skill depends on how difficult the skill is to learn, and how powerful the enemy is compared to your party. So yes, learning skills in boss battles is more successful, but you're also in greater danger if the boss is that much stronger than you. You do need to survive and get out in order to keep those learned skills.

>stat ups shouldn't occur randomly but be based on the kind of actions a character takes
There are three types of stances (Offense, Defense, and Support) and the stat which increases depends on which stance you used during the battle. You could switch characters between stances and potentially get stat boosts in multiple stats that way, but if your character is always in Offense stance, then their defenses and speed aren't going to increase.
>>
Oh, another thing I forgot.

You can get "Mastery" in your skills. But as >>381168164 said. There's three types of stances, and all skills have those three on their stats so that's ANOTHER layer of grind.

Oh, and if you get an stronger skill later all the time spent grinding the previous skill is wasted because despite all the grind the new skill will still be better despite having lower stance stats.
>>
I've burnt out after hitting another wall at the ship forest. It's had fun moments but it has tested my endurance. I don't know if I'll finish.
>>
>>381158146
This, Lord of Magna, or Stella Glow
>>
>>381170290
Stella Glow undubbed.

https://pastebin.com/QnPXvhKm
>>
>>381170290
Stella Glow, and the dub is fine. You can still give LoL a whirl if you want something else to play.
>>
>>381170432
>>381170662
I asked because I wanted to know what to play first. I have all three of them.
>>
>>381170290
Don't all three have a demo on the eShop?
>>
I bought this and Stella Glow at the same time...
Still haven't finished either of them.
I liked this game but I had a hard time gauging my progress. I didn't know if I was screwing myself over with how may characters were leveling up. It also seemed like in order to progress you would just grind until you can one shot everything in the area then run around getting 100% maps until you found a boss. I liked exploring and how open the game felt though.
Stella Glow is good though, I just haven't put in the time to finish it.
>>
>>381170903
Then just play whichever.
>>
>>381171064
You have literally no reason to switch characters in Legacy because they all can learn everything. Some with more difficulty than others, but everyone is literally the same character in the end, just with different looks.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.