[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Keyboard and mouse better than gamepads?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

>Why should i use three fingers on a keyboard to walk with a character when i can just use my thumb?

Serious question i got from a friend.
>>
more accurate movement and your fingers dont slip off the dpad/stick like your thumbs inevitably will
>>
There's no objective "best" and people use whatever is most comfortable for them.
>>
the only thing controllers will ever have over keyboard and mouse is that it allows for a more comfortable sitting posture
>>
>>381155545
I think mouse and keyboard are best for shooters but for most other games using controllers are OK.
>>
An analog stick is much better for movement, that's true, but a keyboard has access to more buttons with custom keybinds. An analog stick, however, is not even nearly as fast and precise as a mouse for aiming which is why aim assist is a thing when using gamepads.

In the end, it doesn't even matter since it's all up to personal preference.
>>
you can aim more accurately with mouse but you can move more accurately with joystick

arcade joystick + mouse is best combo
>>
Playing games on a mouse and keyboard sucks
>>
It is less ideal for movement, but it gives you access to a whole lot more buttons and the mouse is immeasurably faster and more accurate as a pointing device than pushing the right stick around.
>>
>>381156174
On games like Dark Souls, sure but it's pure gold with fps games or strategy games
>>
>>381155941
This entirely depends on your setup though. Many people tend to hunch over their desk with keyboard and mouse. Others sit the keyboard in their lap and have the mouse on table to their left or right, and a nice chair they can comfortably lean back in.
>>
Keyboard+Mouse/Gamepad argument is stupid. They're both good for different things. Gamepads are really good for side scrolling games like Metroid and Castlevania.

Keyboard is better for games like Devil May Cry and FPS. They both have their advantages and perceivable faults, but neither one is optimized better than the other, that would depend on the manufacturer and the criteria therein.
>>
>>381156302
Even in a game like Dark Souls keyboard and mouse and be totally fine. Assuming it has proper keyboard and mouse support.
>>
>>381156571
That's true. Should've mentioned that.
>>
>>381156571
>playing any type of 3rd person action game with a keyboard and mouse
might as well say you love taking dicks up your ass while you're at it, it's fucking garbage for any type of game like that.
>>
File: 8fxad4tvqIzwk.gif (528KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
8fxad4tvqIzwk.gif
528KB, 245x245px
>>381156302
>not playing souls with keyboard
>>
A whole hand for 15+ keys vs. a whole hand for movement and 2 buttons
>>
>>381156909
what kind of retard even come up with this kind of idiotic statement?
oh wait...
>>
>>381155545
Depends on the game, but mostly on the implementation of the controls
>>
File: 1452252219884.png (1MB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1452252219884.png
1MB, 1200x1000px
>>381157098
t. dick sucker
>>
>>381157246
you trying to tell me youre a dick sucker?
>>
>>381156909
Its funny, the first time i played Batman Arkham Asylum was with a controller. I went back a year later and played it with keyboard and mouse. And I greatly preferred it over the controller.
>>
File: Console peasant.jpg (1MB, 1006x1431px) Image search: [Google]
Console peasant.jpg
1MB, 1006x1431px
OP here. My friend Bob (Let's just call him that right now) really hates PC gamers for some reason. I never brag about it or even talk smack about consoles or anything but there's this one time where he got really fucking mad when i explained that the only console i have reason returning to is Nintendo while most games that come to Xbox or PS, i can get for my PC so there is no reason for me to buy the new consoles. He flipped and started to screech autistically and swear and spit at me.

So he basically made it his life mission to try to find something to use against PC gaming that can make it look bad some how. This is one conversation we had for example.

I went a little nuts here, trying to take the piss out of him by this point because now i was mostly making a joke about getting an xbone because they were getting Mouse and keyboard support for it. It's all translated. Enjoy.
>>
>>381158643
well then
even if you remove video games from the equation can consoles make use of productivity applications or filesharing? no
check mate bobbu-san
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.