[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do women really play games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: genre-gender-percentages.png (142KB, 1870x1604px) Image search: [Google]
genre-gender-percentages.png
142KB, 1870x1604px
why should console developers cater to women if they only make up 18% of PC/console gamers and 47% of smartphone gamers? can't they just keep playing Candy Crush and Kim Kardashian: Hollywood and leave us REAL gamers the fuck alone!
>>
money
beta orbiters to money
attention whores to money
>>
>>381153358
But the point is that there isn't any money to catering to women, they're less than 20%. It's all left wing retards jerking off to their ideology.
>>
Where's all the turn-based strategy women at damnit
>>
I'll have you sexists know that women that play video games outnumber teenage boys!
>>
>>381152375
Hello false flag-chan, here again
>>
>>381152375
Only cancerous garbage it seems. At least sports games have something to them.
>>
>>381152375
I'm surprised more women play grand strategy than racing games, sports and shooters.
>>
>>381152375
Making console/hardcore games more appealing to women will draw more women into console/hardcore gaming.

You know the saying, "Dress for the job you want, not the job you have"? Same idea. Developers can't grow their userbase by appealing only to the users they already have.
>>
>>381152375
Well adjusted people do not care if games have women in them, so catering to them only pisses off a minority of people who do not matter to developers.
>>
>>381152375
How do they get these statistics?
This is absolute bullshit
>>
Unless you cater to women, minorities. trans, etc in 2017 you're automatically labeled a misogynist, racist, transphobic, etc. By NOT supporting these initiatives, you're implicitly working against them. Also, OP is a fascist Trump supporter who thinks white genocide is a real thing.
>>
>>381154370
Playing fire emblem on hard for the first three levels before going back to Pokemon/sims/minecraft
>>
There's this false narrative that pandering to women and minorities leads to profit.

Only problem, the profit actually comes from white-males in America because they are outnumber the others. There's a reason sports pander to men, they figured this out years ago. Women and minorities may watch the sport, but they aren't continually supporting a franchise or team.

When you have people like gamergate and Austin Walker whining about "equality" while the US is bending at the knee to appeal to lower population, and then they cry "why didn't this sell?!"

Because if half of 1/8 of the population buys something, versus half of 1/2 the population, the second group always buys more just on numbers alone.
>>
File: average gamer.jpg (82KB, 634x467px) Image search: [Google]
average gamer.jpg
82KB, 634x467px
Why aren't there more games with badass women?
>>
>>381154914
automobile racing, sports and military are fields heavily dominated by men. if they released WNBA 2K18, it would sell about 30 copies
>>
>>381152375
Most women have no hobbys.
>>
File: female Ash.jpg (26KB, 534x300px) Image search: [Google]
female Ash.jpg
26KB, 534x300px
they don't
it's been proven time and time again every single claim that women make up the majority of the gaming market it is based on sales using credit/debit cards, they just look at the name on the card and say "oh that's a ladies name".
so to any guys named courtney, morgan, kelly, ashley, and whatever have you, congratulations on the new vagina.
>>
Why can't developers just make games they want to make?
>>
>>381154926
>>381155106

Mature opinions? On /v/? :O
>>
>>381152375
>no source
yeah k
>>
>>381152375

It depends entirely on how the pandering is done. You can cater to female players while not altering the experience for males at all.
>>
Can confirm that Korean girls play mmos like it's a fucking second job.
>>
>>381152375
>WOMEN JUST DONT PLAY THOSE OTHER GENRES BECAUSE THEY ARENT FEMALE FREINDLY ENOUGH YET!

The SJW boogeyman gets too much credit but the mainstream does lean towards them.
>>
>>381152375
What kinda of genre does Football Manager fits in? I hope I can find some girls with mutual interest.
>>
File: 1469294913371.png (281KB, 516x564px) Image search: [Google]
1469294913371.png
281KB, 516x564px
>>381155364
There are an abundance of those. There was a thread about it earlier and I think it's still active. Pretty much all female characters in gaming are bad-ass in their own way but people don't want to see that as they are also very sexy. As being sexy somehow takes away your ability to be bad-ass. What you're asking for is generally unattractive women. There are very few of those, I agree.

>ad hominem response

Hey, you were the one asking the question. Suit yourself.

>ad hominem response

Ok.
>>
>match 3

I didn't even know this was a genre. What happened to just lumping them in with puzzle games?
>>
>>381163396
>>ad hominem response
>Hey, you were the one asking the question. Suit yourself.
>>ad hominem response
>Ok.
What
>>
>>381164132
I anticipated the response. 95% of the time when you point out that there are actually many bad-ass women in games or the like, the response is "t. sexist", "t. misogynist" etc. I got the standard "argument" out of the way so people with actual talking points are in put in the forefront. Futile maybe.
>>
File: 1497917437863.png (167KB, 1870x1604px) Image search: [Google]
1497917437863.png
167KB, 1870x1604px
>>381152375
Is there an extended version of this? They have casual puzzle, but not puzzle, action adventure, but not action, turn based strategy, but not realtime strategy, etc... seems incomplete.
>>
>>381152375
They think they don't play because games are sexist so making them more catered towards women will increase their interest or something along those lines.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.