[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so this is on sale on steam for 13 dollars. Should i pick it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: header.jpg (32KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
32KB, 460x215px
so this is on sale on steam for 13 dollars. Should i pick it up /v/? I guess arma thread
>>
sure, if you like arma
>>
>>381152594
havent played one before. Kinda bored with dota and looking for something thats fun that i can play longterm
>>
>>381152697
it's all about the realism, which might not be your cup of tea
>>
If you like military sim autism go right ahead
>>
It's a military simulator and not a regular FPS. Check some videos on Jewtube before buying it. It's not for everyone.
>>
>>381154160
i have already and it looks pretty cool. But still iffy on actual game play
>>
>>381154467
Well, if you have any questions, feel free to ask them. I still play ARMA3 regularly.
>>
>>381152303
I bought and tried it, it feels really overengineered and unfun, admittedly the only game I've played in the series was Cold War Assault but that game controlled well and you could jump into a quick mission easily. ARMA 3 felt really, really clunky and trying to play single player forces you into a boring demonstration mission or the campaign, which didn't really grab my attention. Multiplayer forces you to buy all of the overpriced DLC, so if you have any interest in that dont bother just buying the base game.
>>
>>381152303
I'd say it is. Check out Wasteland servers.
>>
>>381154762
how long is it? like i said dota is getting really annoying and i wanna kick the game. Im looking for something i can play ongoing. Hows the combat? im curious about the diving stuff too? if you had to sell it to someone on the fence what you say i guess? also is there like a demo i can try somewhere?
>>
>>381152303
If you get it, dont expect to have fun in public servers.
Find an arma group to play with:
https://units.arma3.com/

I have 1000hrs with a group its fun.
>>
>>381156016
>how long is it?
Very long. The campaign lasted me 15-20 hours for a single playthrough. Custom missions by mod makers are also abundant and very easy to download from the Steam Workshop. There are also mods that add randomly generated scenarios for you so you'll have an endless supply of missions to play.
>Hows the combat?
It's an FPS game with firefights that range from close quarters combat all the way up to sniper battles from over a kilometer away. There are also plenty of ground, sea and air vehicles that add mechanised combat into the game too. There's also a command system that can open up the game to become a squad-based shooter or even mechanised-infantry combat. Controls are responsive but they take a lot of getting used to since it doesn't handle like a regular FPS at all. Most people drop the games forever because of the controls.
>im curious about the diving stuff too?
Driving is merely serviceable but the physics are floaty and sometimes the shitty collisions will cause you to glitch out forever. I usually just let the AI drive for me and ride shotgun.
>if you had to sell it to someone on the fence what you say i guess?
The mods and tools available at your disposal to create any sort of military scenario you want. I'm not just talking about the map editor tool either, the Zeus mechanic allows you to just add in enemies, friendlies and even neutral factions wherever you want and have a firefight right then and there. It's definitely not something for everyone though and I don't blame others for dropping it at all.
>also is there like a demo i can try somewhere?
I don't think so. I guess you could pirate it first and see if it's your thing.
>>
>>381152697
>looking for something thats fun

arma isn't the game for you mate.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.