[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GIve me ONE idea or element for a game that you've thought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: drake-video-01_0.jpg (158KB, 612x380px) Image search: [Google]
drake-video-01_0.jpg
158KB, 612x380px
GIve me ONE idea or element for a game that you've thought would be good that hasn't been implemented in vidya yet.
>>
Open world
>>
Loss of limbs/fingers effects the weapons you have to use
>>
File: death note.png (367KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
death note.png
367KB, 460x460px
>>381149910
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYOEyzBFYa4

dynamic meter gain. the better a combo, or counter, the more meter you get.
>>
Double jump.
>>
>>381149910
Stop posting that sandnigger and stop stealing ppl's ideas cause you cant come up with any for your shit hoemade game
>>
>>381149910
A fantasy fps where abilities basically cost health to use. It could rectify a lot of abilities being stupid gimmicks slogging down gameplay as spammers would die from blood loss.
>>
>>381150216
>>381150104
>>381150060
I see i see.
Okay, now give me 2 gameplay elements you would remove from future vidya releases forever, if you could (E.g. Third Person, Open World, Double Jump).
>>
>>381149910
Everything has been implemented at one point, so I'm just going to say the one I really want to come to mainstream.
Having healer roles not be just about keeping people alive, but keeping them at set health levels so their low hp abilities stay active.
>>
>>381149910
Open world in a city where the buildings aren't just fucking cardboard cutouts.

One where every door, window, and fire escape can be broken in to if you want, and the AI will react accordingly if you are trespassing. Where the AI actually lives in the buildings and does more than just
>spawn in 100 units outside of render.dist
>randomly select 1 of 4 walk cycles
>walk on sidewalk
>delete self after user leaves render bubble
>>
File: 8b9.jpg (34KB, 600x932px) Image search: [Google]
8b9.jpg
34KB, 600x932px
>>381149910
>missing in a game actually moves your aim off instead of just announcing "MISS"
>food heals you based on how hungry you are so you can't spam food to heal
>your health is indicated by how much intact flesh your character has covering bones
>>
why would i give away my secrets?

make your own game, fag.
>>
File: Rohan_anime_AV.png (2MB, 1419x2128px) Image search: [Google]
Rohan_anime_AV.png
2MB, 1419x2128px
>>381150617
>He's actually a 'game developer'
So, how's living in your mothers basement going anon?

Also on a serious point if you actually work in the gaming industry as an indie developer or some shit, how do you actually get laid and be in meaningful relationships? Like how do you break it to your partner that your full time career literally amounts to nothing but pixels on a screen that are purely for entertainment and stress relief?
>>
>>381149910
Crafting weapons with weight distribution taken into account. If the balance point is closer to the handle then the weapon is more wieldy, especially if you use lighter and less material in it. If the balance point is closer to the end of the weapon it becomes more powerful but becomes more unwieldy, same if you use more material in the weapon.
>>
>>381150832
>having sex

>>>/out/
>>
>>381150576
>DS-souls like game where your health starts at impossibly high levels, you're literally a god
>damage doesn't kill you, but it lops off flesh and muscle and skin
>over the course of the game your character slowly transforms from a normal human to a spooky skeleton
>lose some abilities as you transform, gain some new ones
>true ending revealed when you beat the game as a human
>>
You have to piss into your own mouth to regain hp.
>>
>>381150383
In a fps health should always completely regenerate, otherwise it punishes surviving. Also, in objective shooters, respawn times should be long enough that it isn't better to just die sometimes. (for instance if I were to die that would get me back into the action with full heath again as opposed to taking cover for my health to regen.)
>>
>>381151132
Man vs Beast on PS3 did that
>>
>>381150180
>drake
>sandnigger
Hello ignorant /pol/tard
>>
Enemy type in a survival horror game that stands still as a statue until you pause the game, where it starts moving slowly and instakills the player if it reaches them.
>>
The idea of spending meter in a third person over-the-shoulder action game to cancel moves into other moves

Like custom combos from JJBA All Star Battle/The Naruto Games or an A-groove type system from cvs2 in a game like bloodborne
>>
>>381150832
>I should disparage the people that provide me countless hours of entertainment for very little reward

you sound like a good person
>>
>>381151552
this would be great in a big ass maze
they only move when you look at the map
>>
Ex-moves in a non fighting game
>>
>>381149910
3d physics based inventory.
So instead of some imaginary invisible box where you keep all of your items you have to use only your character:Like you have 4 pockets on pants, 6 on jacket(4 on outside, 2 on the inside), bag and 2 hands. Amount of pockets varies based on your clothes.

So you'll have to manage where to keep each item. If the item is too big for the pocket it can:
fall out of it
Tear the seem in the cloth(if sharp)
Get damaged, if the material out of which is the item made of is fragile.

Also it could be damaged if you fall on the said pocket or bag. Imagine if you have bottle with acid in your pocket. You fall, it breaks inside you pocket and burns you and the clothes.
>>
>>381151754
I'm not, i'm a fucking awful human being and would be better off dead.
And yes, i know you were being sarcastic.
>>
>>381151862

The highest difficulty would be a Master Quest style remix where this enemy type is basically fucking everywhere but in the weirdest, most obscure positions and crevices. Pausing EVER would always be a gamble.
>>
>>381151994
Alone in the Dark does this, and it's fucking cool. You can also break down doors with stuff you find like a chair or fire hydrant.
>>
Divegrass RPG in which you can not just play but go to clubs, skip training, fuck your teammates' or coach's wives, give money to the ultras or stand up to them, do drugs, do PEDs, talk shit to the press, train extra hours, etc.
>>
An action RPG where your offensive and defensive abilities change dynamically based on how you fight and how enemies fight you

For example, if you fight a flying monster, your normal jumps will start to continually gain height until you can leap high into the air and hover there to fight it on an even playing field.

If you fight an incredibly armored enemy or monster, more offensive opportunities taken by you will make your weapons larger/heavier to smash it, and if you play more defensively against the same type of enemy, your armor will get stronger and offensive capabilities of its own like being able to have your armor explode off of you and hurt the enemy that way
>>
>>381150519
Alright, now this one I just don't understand. Why would you want this? I believe Matrix Online did this; every building could be entered, but from what I saw of it most of them are barren.

That's the reality of it, if you really wanted a game where every building is enterable, as far as developer resources, you're going to have to look at quality vs quantity. You can either have a small number of buildings that have lots of detail (pokemon or elder scrolls, for example), or a shitload of buildings with copy-paste or procedural generated.

And lets say that for some reason, a developer makes a game where every single building is populated and hand-crafted; what's the appeal? Going into 1 of 1,000,000 houses and going "oh, this guy owns a widescreen TV and a red couch?" The only way you're going to make all this effort not go to waste is if you motivate players to look at all this work you put into it, what kind of gameplay would justify that? Put collectibles in all the buildings?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.