[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game is worse than Skyrim and the only reason most of /v/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

This game is worse than Skyrim and the only reason most of /v/ disagrees is because they grew up playing it and are blinded by nostalgia

Prove me wrong
>>
>>381144948
most people on /v/ are morrowind fags and think oblivion is just a less mediocre skyrim.

but even so in what way is skyrim an improvement? it's the worst RPG in the series by far.
>>
>>381144948
Thieves guild and Dark Brotherhood questline in oblivion make up for everything else.

Also somehow the writing in skyrim feels more cliche or lifeless, it's quite hard to maintain suspension of disbelief. (Which is impressive, given it was retained through oblivion's potato-faces and reflecto-rocks.) Every time an NPC talks to me it just feels like it's coated in fantasy-cheese and I'm sucked right out of my escapism again.

Skyrim is pretty and big, I'll give it that. It's probably more fun to just explore at random and enjoy the views. (It's hard to do a direct measurement because oblivion is far better at distracting me from that with discoveries.)
>>
>>381146201
I don't know how they dropped the ball on the Dark Brotherhood in Skyrim so much, there is just no heart to half the assassinations just go here and kill this person.
>>
Oblivion
>all faction quest lines are great, dont remember the latter parts of the mage one tho
>random quests you pick up are great
>Not completely dumbed down
Skyrim
>maybe 2 or 3 good individual quests in the entire game including all factions, main plot ect
>it looks better i guess?
>>
>>381144948
You're 100% correct
>>
A minor, autistic nitpick, but one thing Skyrim has on Oblivion is fortress design.
Skyrim fortress:
>barracks
>stables
>kitchen
>mess hall
>armoury
>prison
>can actually function as a stronghold to garrison an army
Oblivion fortress:
>illogical maze of corridors
>catacombs
>bridge over a pit of spikes
>booby trapped pillars that shoot poison darts
>serves no in-world purpose other than to be a dungeon to explore
>>
>>381147291
The one thing skyrim did was make the world feel more real and alive, its just too bad its irrelivant because all the factions and quests are painfully terrible and theres nothing actually worth doing within that world
>>
Uh, the Quests were heaps better dickhead. Oblivion > Skyrim
>>
Oblivion has a level of dysfunction that's charming, while Skyrim is the blandest thing imaginable.
>>
>>381144948
You need to stop making these threads nigger
>>
>>381144948

Oblivion had great/gamebraking loot, Skyrim doesnt have shit.

Oblivion:

>roll Breton
>get Mundane Ring
>immune to magic
>find another ring, one that gives 100% immunity to poison, disease and paralysis
>Only steel can kill you

>100% magic resist possible
>100% spell absorbtion possible
>100% spell or damage reflect possible

>great unique items, plenty of them are quite, if not very, usefull

Skyrim:

>terrible enchants on unique items, most are useless
>some uniques dont even have unique models
>lol one ring
>cannot put enchants where i please (no magic resist on boots/gaunltels/helm)
>two enchants per item enchanted at 100 enchant skill

And dont start me on alchemy. Atleast in Oblivion you could mass-brew potions from a single ingredient.
It has crafting though.
>>
>>381144948
Things Oblivion did better than Skyrim
>has stats
>bartering
>deposition
>factions/guilds
>quests in general were better
>lockpicking mini game not recycled from another game
>first person horse riding
>no shitty instant kill animations
>perks are gained naturally instead of using an unnecessary skill tree system
>more equipment slots
>unlock spells
>more spells in general
>spell creation
>DLC houses for all 4 major playstyles
>all main towns are decent whereas only Solitude is decent in Skyrim
>all castles in town are good whereas most were halfassed in Skyrim
>more enemy variety
>comfier exploring music
>random enchanted loot could have multiple enchantments

Things Skyrim did better than Oblivion
>no longer need to autistically manage skill level increases for +5/+5/+5 stat gains
>vampires are actually playable(both before and after Dawnguard)
>Shouts
>can fight while riding a horse
>Summon Horse spell
>can move when over-encumbered
>can make your own house
>healing spells are better
>more spell variety(ie more than just On Self, On Touch, and On Target)
>shield bash
>less level scaled unique equipment
>less level scaling in general
>can be under the effects of more than 4 potions at a time
>better environment effects(snow storms, etc)

Off the top of my head. Probably more could be put on both lists.
>>
File: 1497495520036.png (83KB, 979x700px) Image search: [Google]
1497495520036.png
83KB, 979x700px
>>381151049
>first person horse riding
>better
The control was ass in 1st person
>>
>>381151429

The horse combat was ass in Skyrim. Samw with dragon riding. They might've as well NOT included it.
>>
>>381144948
i liked it but didnt feel the need to start a thread over a subjective opinion
>>
>>381144948
Oblivion has much better quests, and don't act like that's a small part of the game.

I can't think of a single thing I enjoyed more in Skyrim.
>>
>>381144948
But that's wrong. One playthrough of Skyrim and there is never a reason to go back. Plus the quests in Oblivion are infinitely better. Nothing in Skyrim's quests felt unique. None
>>
>>381151429
Control was fine in 1st person. The only real problem with horse riding in Oblivion is that there is no horseback combat and enemies were everywhere.
>>
>>381144948
Grew up playing games like Zork, Ultima (1-5), Wizardry, and The Bards Tale. Oblivion beats Skyrim like a rented mule. Only casuals and pedophiles will argue otherwise.
>>
>>381146371
Maybe, but reverse pickpocketing a vial of poison-over-time into that royal niece on her wedding night so you can book it and watch her die from the audience was definitely a highlight of the game
>>
>>381144948
Oblivion has better quests. The guild quests are especially bad in Skyrim. Anyone with taste knows that. The real question is how important quests are to the individual.

But yeah, oblivion's gameplay is definitely worse and that level scaling ruins long playthroughs IMO.
>>
File: cutie waving.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
cutie waving.gif
2MB, 300x300px
>>381144948
Now you just made me want to play Oblivion again. Thanks, anon
>>
>>381144948
>no dull perk system
>interesting story
>beautiful landscape instead of a shithole
>interesting characters
>actually challenging
>people who are uglier than you so you can feel better
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.