[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Institute rules, Railroad anarchists and BoS fascists BTFO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 18

File: Fo4-institute-logo-orange.png (102KB, 390x392px) Image search: [Google]
Fo4-institute-logo-orange.png
102KB, 390x392px
Give me any argument against the Institute, or rather an argument to blow it up, that isn't "Muh Synths are slaves, let's liberate them even though they will then be superior to us in every way" or for you BoS fascists, "Muh some synths created for specific intel gathering, experiement conducting will bring about as much destyruction as the atom bomb, let's blow up the only place where pre war science is intact". And don't bring up the Minutemen, they will be our allies to order the surface, they are not the ones who are talked to here.
>>
why did they make super mutants
>>
>>381140693
the institute has shit armor
>>
>>38114077 Mistake of the previous leadership. You brain-rotten surfacers don't seem to understand that any institution has changes in leadership. Not only is this program shut down, the new director has no intent to relaunch it.
>>
>>381140960
Wow, you seem to grasp all aspects of post cataclysmic leadership. Very powerful argument you have here.

This armor is specificaly a synth armor, it's not designed for humans. Why do surfacers wear it when they salvage it. oh yes you're so poor you have nothing else to wear lol. Good luck surviving without us peasant.
>>
File: Fo4_Arthur_Maxson.png (1MB, 818x947px) Image search: [Google]
Fo4_Arthur_Maxson.png
1MB, 818x947px
>>381141345
no point in leading a post-cataclysmic society if you look like shit while doing it.

pic related: me
>>
>>381141832
You stupid fascist bitch, you luddite moron, answer my question! Give me any reason to oppose us, before I set you airplane aflame. You will never conquer this land, you feudal dipshit.
>>
File: DBe5JKBXcAALfjh.jpg (82KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
DBe5JKBXcAALfjh.jpg
82KB, 960x960px
>Fallout 4
>Lore
>>
Is the railroad the true villain in FO4?
>steals institute synths and sets them free
>these synths then become raiders and wreak havoc across the wasteland
>they then blame it all on the institute
Slaughtering those hippies was one of the best parts of the game. I only wish there was an option to ally the institute and BoS where the institute works as research and the BoS acts as an army.
>>
>>381142485
>The institute and BoS working together

I didn't realize how much I wanted this untill now.
>>
>>381140693
Synth Gorillas
>>
File: 20170516011209_1.jpg (181KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170516011209_1.jpg
181KB, 1920x1080px
>The minutemen will be our allies
>slaughtered the commonwealth provisional government with shock troopers because they couldn't command them like they could the institute board of directors.
The institute Wastes resources, Treats humans as expendable, Directly meddles into the mundane daily lives of settlers for fuckall reason or benefit, and just in general is a giant gaggle of fuckups.

Humanity's "best hope"? Don't make me fucking laugh. They perfected teleportation, and instead of making a nationwide network, or even using it for freight, they send out terminators to assassinate Joe Buttfuck at jerkoff farms and replace him with a robot, so he can grow purple pumpkins with polka dots!

Big MT was pretty risky with their experiments, but The Institute is just out and out ignorant. FFS they can't even keep a handle on their personal, what with their own people sending synths to the railroad, and kellog shooting people for so much looking at him wrong, People who by the way, they needed alive.
>>
>>381142485
I too enjoyed the rapport of Desedemonas being blown off her head right after she realized the new director was gainst them; this bitch probably got this pseudonym bragging that she would marry a synth, guess no synth wanted her lel.

But no, the BoS stands behind their leader who won't change it's mind on destroying the only hope of humankind. The new director may try to manage to get Maxson out of his airplane in order to murder him, then we would have our only chance to make them GTFO the commonwealth. But that may fail. We'll see. Anyway, our radio speech is in preparation, the surfacers will finally know the truth about us, we may get some surfacers to join us underground, and above all we will finally be self sufficient with our power reactor. Things are bright, fascists and anarchists will be defeated.
>>
File: 1490053744128.jpg (80KB, 800x733px) Image search: [Google]
1490053744128.jpg
80KB, 800x733px
The institute was unironically one of my unironically fav factions. I liked its goals, futuristic shit and mad science. Sadly, they had to be in Fallout fucking 4, and Bethesda had to cut their content, underuse them and make such a shitty story that I can't even call myself a fan of the faction.

I think that the real reason I hate fallout 4 wasn't its casualisation, but for having such an amazing setting and then shitting on it so much and ruining the franchise as a whole. I'll never forgive bethesda for absolutely assraping the fallout franchise and I really hope Obsidian gets to do another fallout game.
>>
File: 20170527134706_1.jpg (389KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170527134706_1.jpg
389KB, 1920x1080px
The minute men are the commonwealth's best hope. They don't hole themselves up in a bunker, or rob farms like the Brotherhood, they don't squat in a sewer like the railroad. They don't go all spentznaz on the people they save like the institute, They focus on what people need now, they focus on what's going to help them a month, a year, a week from now.

People always bitch that the wasteland is still just that" A wasteland, The Minutemen are trying to get people up on two feet so they can start turning it into something more. They're trying tto get farms together with protection so people can work without fear of it being taken by raiders. They don't ask for anything because tehy know the people have nothing. They don't force you to join, because they believe that you attract more flies with honey than shit.

Sure, the minutemen aren't really a fix for the entire country, but for the commonwealth of boston, they're the best thing we got.
>>
>>381143280
yeah, a diplomatic reunion fails, guess who's accused.

We don't have a secure position in the commonwealth, not with a network of fanatic hippies spying everywhere and murdering our coursers. But they are dealt with now. We have to manage the fascist threat, now.
And yes, we need on-the-ground experiments. What's the problem? We don't do that to every farm. And seriously, there is no synth invasion. We had one agent gone bugging once. And Diamond City dweller should thank us for having replaced their disphit mayor, by basically a terminal we control. It's not as if the mayorship of Diamond city granted absolute powers, anyway.

Kellog was a relic from a previous time, when we had no Gen 3 synths to conduct those missions. Guess why Father put him in that fort waiting for a healthy non-radiated former soldier to find him.
And ho yes that traitor made synths escape thought the railroad. Well ther eis no more Railroad now.
>>
File: 1496493372228.jpg (26KB, 300x310px) Image search: [Google]
1496493372228.jpg
26KB, 300x310px
I feel that if Obsidian would've written the story instead of Bethesda we would still be having faction debates everyday like we do with NV.
I mean, you can see here that its sort of there already, but the concepts weren't developed enough to do a proper war.
That and they gave all the cool shit to BoS and nothing to the rest, so who do expect people to join
>>
File: the institute is useless.png (226KB, 1622x549px) Image search: [Google]
the institute is useless.png
226KB, 1622x549px
>>
>>381141832
Arthur Maxon is a moron who couldn't lead a dick to fuck an asshole. He's the sole reason the brotherhood are in the shitter. You can have a never say die, 100% loyal soldier, but because he's possibly a synth, not even going on information that has evidence, just hearsay, you execute the man.

Why should anyone follow you? You don't value your men so you're not to be valued all the same. You could have put a bomb collar on him, put in a protocall to lock down his pow3er armor if he really was a sleeper agent, but no. You have to execute one of your most loyal soldiers because of your pride bullshit.

Elder Maxon is below even Father Elijah who sacrificed a bunch of good men for a fucking space laser.
>>
>>381144290
>And yes, we need on-the-ground experiments.
Have you tried just ASKING a settler if they want to grow dickbushes? I'm sure a bunch of them would say yes. You wouldn't even have to pay them.

Instead, you take a father, interrogate him for days, kill him, and replace him because you're too stupid or lazy to think of a plan B if he says no.
>>
>>381144661
THERE IT IS!!!!!!

I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS! THANK YOU ANON!!!!!
>>
>>381144759

Without principles, the brotherhood falls apart
>>
File: why don't you trust me.jpg (198KB, 1648x930px) Image search: [Google]
why don't you trust me.jpg
198KB, 1648x930px
>>381140693
The Railroad is a shit faction for cucks.

The Minutemen are just a bunch of retards who killed each other and became raiders when their leader died, if you become their leader everything will be ok for a while until the main character dies from old age or whatever and everything will go back to shit.

The Institute insists that humanity is doomed and that living on the wasteland is impossible even though they were the ones who are responsible for all the settlements in the Commonwealth not being united because they sent an assassin who killed all the representatives on the Commonwealth Provisional Government, they also have an FEV lab and they're probably responsible for a couple of the super mutants in the wasteland.

The Brotherhood of Steel are a powerful military force that want to protect humanity from dangerous technology and supermutants, they already made the Capital Wasteland a safe place for humans to live in and they're powerful enough to do the same in the Commonwealth.
>>
>>381145368
As it so does with bad principals.
>>381145517
Under Elder lyons they made the capital wasteland safe. Elder maxon is a moron with the reasoning skills of a cheese sandwich. Fucking hell, Kai-sar's leegun is almost a better solution than maxon's BOS. More luke Bunch Of Shit.
>>
File: damn_synths.jpg (195KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
damn_synths.jpg
195KB, 500x375px
>>381144759
>no evidence
>literally the entire institute database with all active synths
Yeah Danse was really innocent.
>>
>>381145856

Bad principles are better than no principles.
>>
File: midwest.jpg (1MB, 2220x2990px) Image search: [Google]
midwest.jpg
1MB, 2220x2990px
>>381145856
The Midwest Brotherhood are the hero's we need but not the ones we deserve.
>>
>>381146046
Could have been planted and purposefully leaked misinformation. Diddn't even double check it. Just going to waste a guy due to a rumor.

And what good is hoarding all the technology going to do anyways? Create serfs?
>>381146241
No they're not. Bad principals promise badness. No principals are left up in the air and have the potential for greatness.

Holy fuck take your maga hat off, it's cutting off the bloodflow to your brain.
>>
>>381140693
>Give me any argument against the Institute
Give me any argument FOR the institute

Because Fallout 4 sure as hell doesn't
>>
>>381146757

>Bad principals promise badness. No principals are left up in the air and have the potential for greatness.

No principles mean you're completely at the whim of the very worst exploitation. Even building a house on sand is better than trying to build one on thin air. Besides, there was nothing wrong with the BoS' principles. Not wanting enemy robots in the ranks who can be turned on you at a moment's notice is a good thing. Even ghouls hate ghouls. Super mutants and humanity are incompatible (especially if we're talking Howard's murderorcs)
>>
>>381147113
>No principles mean you're completely at the whim of the very worst exploitation
Care to elaborate on how that works?
>>
>fucking around with FEV virus and releasing super mutants into the commonwealth
wow so smart
>>
File: ElijahHolographic.png (111KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
ElijahHolographic.png
111KB, 512x512px
>>381146757
>And what good is hoarding all the technology going to do anyways? Create serfs?

Do you even brotherhood, the idea is that if they horde technology then they can prevent another nuclear war. The Brotherhood are basically techophile elitists who think everyone is too stupid to use technology based on the sins of the past. It's not the most sound ideology but don't just sit there and pretend they don't have their reasons. Unironically Elijah had the best view for the brotherhood, learn and addapt and make themselves useful, too bad he went crazy.
>>
>>381147260

If you have no principles, you are going to be fucked up by those who have the very worst principles. If you stand for nothing, you'll quite literally fall for anything.
>>
>>381146904
...fluffy towels?
>>
>>381147458
I diddn't ask why, i was commenting on how they're not effective in the slightest in doing so.
>>381147501
>If you have no principles, you are going to be fucked up by those who have the very worst principles.
How do you figure? How would a man with ironclad principals differ from one who is flexible to suit the situation for an outcome that best favors him?

Do you think principals are a prerequisite for morality or something?
>>
>>381147960
Yeah, but the food looks even worse than the garbage up top.
>>
>>381148228

>How would a man with ironclad principals differ from one who is flexible to suit the situation for an outcome that best favors him?

Because this is stupid as shit zero-thinking. Ironclad principles lead to "murder is wrong". 'flexibility' leads to "murder is wrong, unless.." which says NOTHING.

>Do you think principals are a prerequisite for morality or something?

Of course they are. If you have no principles, you can only aspire to moral relativism. You can never judge another, or consider yourself to even HAVE an opinion worth weight.
>>
Why didn't the modding scene for Fallout 4ever take off in the same way as previous iterations of the series or TES titles? No interest? Maybe it's changed since I last looked through what was available a year ago.
>>
>>381148742
The stuff that sucks is either hard wired into the engine(perks), or too difficult to remove withought significant work(voiced protag/4 dialogue choices)
>>
File: Enclave.jpg (838KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Enclave.jpg
838KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: 19770-0-1478353757.png (2MB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
19770-0-1478353757.png
2MB, 1440x810px
Minuteman underarmor with synth armor on top is the best looking set in the game; this is the only picture I can find, but I outfitted all of my armed settler with it and it looks sexy.
>>
File: eyes.png (28KB, 460x261px) Image search: [Google]
eyes.png
28KB, 460x261px
>>381149862
That looks fucking shite
>>
File: 1496145591991.png (383KB, 768x666px) Image search: [Google]
1496145591991.png
383KB, 768x666px
>>381148742
Let's see:
-voiced protagonist WITH 4 dialogue wheel: check
-shitty perk system that can't be altered or changed: check
-every weapon is left-handed: check
-survival mode ended up better than 90% of most mods made at the time: holy fucking check
-most mods are either recycled content and/or bring nothing new to the table: check
-mod tools released 6 months after initial release: check check check!
What else is there to be said, really?
>>
>>381140693
fallout 4 is a bad game and the "smartest" fagtion is actually the dumbest
>>
>institute is the synth slavery faction
>BoS is Enclave lite and will purge the commonwealth in their crusade against synths
>railroad is absolutely retarded and shouldn't even be a full faction
>minutemen are the only faction available that would be ok in theory but its full of lazy cunts who never do anything

Why can't Bethesda into factions? Skyrim had a similar problem where literally every faction is either saturday morning evil, retarded or just terrible at everything it does
>>
>>381144661
This
I have the larger version but this segment says it all.
>>
>>381140693
The Institute have phenomenal technology in the hands of some of the stupidest motherfuckers in any RPG ever.

Executing every single member of the Institute but leaving their base, data, and records perfectly intact so non retards can use it to finally advance the setting's status quo would be the best option.

Eventually there won't be any pre-war food, medical supplies, ammo, etc. left and people will need to actually rebuild civilization rather than squatting in the same ruined old buildings for another 300 years.

Fallout 5 being post-post apocalypse would be nice. Suspension of disbelief can only hold so long, am I supposed to believe that in several centuries people haven't even TRIED to build new structures or even clear away debris and rubble?

As much time as between the dark ages and the Renaissance has gone by, and the buildings still look like they got blown up a week ago.

This is partly why I'm excited for the new Metro game. Leaving the tunnels and trying to reclaim the surface is an obvious objective that people would want and they are actually making progress towards it.
>>
>>381150939
I was laughed at after New Vegas came out for my belief that Fallout needs to leave post-apocalyptic stuff behind.

It's old hat now.
>>
File: 377160_20161031203826_1.jpg (471KB, 2176x1224px) Image search: [Google]
377160_20161031203826_1.jpg
471KB, 2176x1224px
>>381149862
That looks legit retarded.

I mostly rolled with the tight BoS suit plus light combat armor, the only issue is the shoulder pads got all stretched out so you could see the round bolts were no longer round. The best-looking armor was the coat of the BoS leader, but I gave that to Curie.
>>
>>381140693
Nate said somebody spilled nuka-cola on one of the control panels in the Bioscience Division and now the buttons are all sticky, He said to find the person responsible and give them soda probation. I asked him to clean it up and he just gave me a dirty look and teleported away.
>>
>>381150395
thats depressing
>>
>>381150395
don't forget the general niggery of consolefags
>>
File: Average bethesda fanboy.webm (2MB, 330x448px) Image search: [Google]
Average bethesda fanboy.webm
2MB, 330x448px
The institute is retarded

What fucking purpose is there for creating Android to do labour. Why the fuck even give them capability to think if all you use them for is for slaves.

If you want to make a machine to dig through the ground just make some fucking spider with drills for hands or some shit, The human body is not an Apex of design and group of supposedly smart people should be aware of this.
>>
>>381153656

>when the jet kicks in
>>
>>381153930

>when the pre-war jet kicks in

FTFY
>>
>>381140693
Pompous supremacists don't stride too well on my moral compass.
>>
>>381140693
>Institute has more technology and weapons than any other faction.
>Synths are basically a highly capable disposable army.
>Game constantly shows that they are willing to do violence to achieve their goals.
>Even though the above is true for some reason extremely powerful synths "infiltrate" cities made of cardboard and radioactive brick pretending to be human. Absolutely nothing about them requires this caution or need for anything other than a frontal assault.
>With all their tech and power they have not taken over a significant area of the post bomb drop Fallout universe instead they pay untrustworthy mercs to be liaisons to the outside world for absolutely no reason.

Bethesda's dumb writing strikes again. The institute should be massively strong and have huge territorial power at this point but Todd and Petey don't understand world building or how out of wack a faction like this is with the rest of the Wasteland as created.
>>
Because they're basically the Think Tank but more serious and less competent.
>>
Being as the Lone Survivor is a pure strain human male attempting to avenge a pure strain human female from pre-war times, you bet your ass the minute they put on the General uniform and take down the Prydwen is the moment the Enclave starts their way on over to enlist the Minutemen as an auxiliary force.

The Brotherhood's already down, the Railroad is going to get iced, and since the Institute caused the Railroad, the Institute's getting iced.

God bless us, everyone.
>>
>>381155075
Pretty sure that's what the enclave mod's going for
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.