[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stuff you dont get about /v/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: 53f.jpg (7KB, 196x250px) Image search: [Google]
53f.jpg
7KB, 196x250px
It actually makes me happy to know that a game will be available on all consoles and PC since it means that It will have a very complete wiki and an active community.
>>
Why the console wars? Who cares
Why debate who won E3? Spoiler alert we all lost because we watched E3
Why the contrarian attitude? Tell tale sign of faggots in gaming
>>
Same here. This platform wars bullshit is just nonsensical. There's nothing logical about it, just blind loyalty to a faceless fucking brand.
>>
That's boring

I don't want to play video games, I just want shitposting material.
>>
>>381136926
I'm with you. The only thing I don't like is when multiplat games aren't as good looking or optimized on PC as they could be. I don't get the bitterness though.
>>
>>381136926
>a very complete wiki
You mean a wiki with unreadable writing, completely made up bullshit, personal opinions presented as established consensus, a "trivia" section loaded with baseless speculation and surreal nonsense, and a block log filled with people who had the audacity to just correct a typo? Because that's all you get with game wikis.
>>
>>381137696
still better than the Bloodborne wiki, with incomplete information on almost every item up to a year and a half after its release.
>>
File: file.png (339KB, 590x578px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
339KB, 590x578px
It's not so much /v/ as it is the video game industry in general. More specifically Sega.

>claim that PC is their most profitable platform
>most of their games are released only on consoles
>there's literally zero reason why they shouldn't, it's not like platform owners have invested in exclusivity contracts
>claim that the PC port of Valyria revitalized interest in the IP
>use that money to make a new game that's not coming to PC
>claim that games like Yakuza or Project Diva are too niche to get PC versions, and were lucky to come to the west
>while much smaller developers port much more niche games to PC
>sometimes, as is the case with Moero Chronicle, the game was brought to the west exclusively for PC

Does Sega just hate PC? They are literally the only Japanese publisher to not embrace the platform. We've moved past the "port an 8 year old game that consoles already have the third installment" phase and they port the latest installment, even if they are around a year late. But Sega?
>>
>>381137943
Bruh, just, ahem, purchase the Prima eguide. Believe it or not, something that's professionally done will be better than something shat out by random internet morons.
>>
File: 1485779137173.gif (577KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1485779137173.gif
577KB, 540x540px
Why are Japanese wikis even while near unreadable with google translate better than nearly every western wikis?
>>
>>381138213
Work ethic. Japan is "no fun allowed" personified.
>>
>>381136926
That's nice anon, another reason you should be happy about that, is that it means you can save your money instead of having to buy hardware to play that game. You could use that money for anything you want, upgrading your PC, another game, anything.
>>
>>381138213
Most western wikies about online games I've seen have dickhead admins that purposefully hide some information to manipulate the market about certain items.
>>
>>381138171
No shit but the point of a wiki is so that you don't have to spend money on something professionally done.
>>
>>381138345
This is true
The best wiki for a game I've seen, kirinico is a JP wiki for MH that's translated to multiple languages.
>>
>>381138546
Come on, try harder than that. If you read between the lines, you know what I was saying is look around the internet, you'll definitely find someone who's posted...a gift code so you can download the guide for free legally.
>>
>>381137097
Look at the userbase of this board, or just the catalog. Most of them are just weebs discussing about their anime disguised as a game, waifu spammers and people saying how X popular game is shit. Now look at popular music videos and look at the avatars of the people that hate on them. (you guessed it, they have anime avatars)

My guess is that people who are not generally and specifically socially successful strive to things that make them relate to themselves, so they tend to hate anything that's popular or mainstream (which -of course- goes without trying that said product)
>>
>>381138213
why are weebs so socially inept and allergic to self improvement?
>>
>>381137097
this
literally who gives a shit
video games
>>
>>381138171
Yes, goy, just buy the official support material, as you're supposed to. Don't be entitled
>>
>>381139147
Westacuck literally seething
>>
>>381139147
It's less a weeb thing and more a late millennial/gen z thing. You have almost an entire generation of people who were raised having it drilled into their heads that their shit doesn't stink and they deserve a parade every time they tie their shoes without tripping. Why would they want to improve themselves when they're already perfect?
>>
It's basic human desire. Something being exclusive makes it automatically more valuable. Especially the marketing departments of companies know that. That's why literally everything is exclusive in some way, like a fucking "console exclusive" or "xbox one x launch exclusive". Shit like day one editions, limited editions or preorder shit have the same fucking effect. As long as the consumer believes he gets something that other people don't get it he's more likely to buy shit.

Normally you'd expect people to not fall for this sort of shit, but /v/ has been getting younger, dumber and falseflagging has been taking this place by storm.
>>
>>381138151
>They are literally the only Japanese publisher to not embrace the platform
But they've been embracing the platform, they just don't port everything to PC because most of you will just pirate Yakuza while Miku has licensing issues that would prevent such a thing. If you want to play their niche games go buy a console instead of crying and signing petitions, their biggest games get PC releases all the time. Also you don't want the new """Valkyria""" game, it's fucking garbage.
>>
>>381139538
>implying I give half a shit about vidya

it's just funny watching you neckbeards be so adamant on hating your own culture and jumping on the bandwagon for games/cartoons made by 60 year old japanese men
>>
File: file.png (262KB, 654x476px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
262KB, 654x476px
>>381139965
>licensing issues

Ah, there it is. I forgot that Japanese media is held together with a net of contracts and all that shit. Either that or the music comes from record labels Sony owns, that would make more sense.

>If you want to play their niche games go buy a console instead

Or I won't buy their games at all. Their games don't move consoles in the first place.
>>
>>381139364
>being this bad at interpretation
You must be the kind of person who edits wikis.
>>
File: 1495926321739.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1495926321739.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>381140692
In case of miku games I wouldn't it put past crypton not to allow a PC version because they don't want their version of Miku to be displayed in any lewd mods or poses. We're talking about a game series that has counter measurments for upskirt pictures.
>>
>>381140907
Well that's fucking gay. I thought the Japanese lacked artistic integrity, suddenly they do?
>>
>>381141185
I don't think you understand just how big miku really is.
>>
>>381141471
She looks pretty petite, honestly.
>>
>He plays vidya in public
Why do we need these threads everyday?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.