[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /v/, is it worth it? And on what platform is it MOST worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 11

File: f13.jpg (101KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
f13.jpg
101KB, 460x215px
So /v/, is it worth it?

And on what platform is it MOST worth it?
>>
>>381136164
Posting in yet another shill thread
>>
Id say no and i really like it but in its current state it has too many downsides , dual loading lobbies is really bad expect alot of waiting around even if you have 8people get used to waiting as if you die first youre fucked unless they call tommy and someelse dies then who died first comes back as tommy
>>
I like it. I like actually fighting Jason. But there are a fuck load of problems in its current state.

I'm actually surprised people gave up on it so quick. Dead by daylight had HORRIBLE connection problems on its launch. And still fucking has them.

Regardless. I like it.
>>
>>381136841
What platform is it best on?
>>
>>381138029
Its hard to say theres alot of people playing but the game doesnt match people well, matchmaking is kind of broken.
>>
>>381136841
>Id say no and i really like it but in its current state it has too many downsides
Most of that stuff has been patched, but id kinda agree, unless your a fan wait a few weeks or more, thought you may get bit in the ass since its 40 now until the full version comes out then your stuck paying full price.

>dual loading lobbies is really bad expect alot of waiting around even if you have 8people

8 is the max, unless you have trash friends who have trash pcs, I mean if /v/ is a cross section then most of the people playing this game have toasters, I own it on both PC and xbone and I have not seen any problems on either system.

>get used to waiting as if you die first youre fucked unless they call tommy and someelse dies then who died first comes back as tommy

Git gud, seriously how do people get dropped so early in this game, half the Jason's are trash since they don't know how to play him. Also how can you not have fun watching the other players screaming at them to run of hide like your watching some kind of slasher movie as they get picked off one by one.

Now I will say if you have low luck you will spawn right next to the car or the house. That sucks because you have to juke Jason like crazy since only the worst of the worst dont show up at the phone box/car.

>>381138019

There are a lot more people playing it, we are just spread over three systems, /v/ as usual acts like tortanic 2 EVERY FUCKING TIME.

>>381138029

Personally I have a easier time getting a group on xbone since they have a looking for group function and there are little to no shit people, those ass hole go random.
>>
>>381138029

Xbox if you want full lobbies of microphone users. PC otherwise.
>>
>>381138370
Even if you have 8players there are two lobbies untill the game starts its shit design.
>>
>>381139232
>8players there are two lobbies
Wut?

I have never run into this, what do you play on?
>>
>>381138516
Is it at all worth it on PS4? I have all three so I'd just like to make an informed purchase.
>>
>>381138370
Ive only played the game for the last 24hours im level 22 but from what ive seen and heard on xbox is people complaining about wait times and the crashing ive had atleast 30crashes in my total playtime sonce i got it yesterday
>>
>>381139336
Xbix,You kill them all plus tommy so thats 8 as every game big tomalom gets called and first dead comes back as him
>>
>>381136164
>Is it worth it?
No. Dead By Daylight is a better game. As much as I like Jason and the films, this is not a very good game as many anons have said.
They might fix things, but for now if you want a similar experience, get Dead By Daylight.
>>
>>381136328
>shill thread
>OP is asking if he should buy it

Retard.
>>
The pirate version has online.

You can try it out.
>>
>>381139619
>Ive only played the game for the last 24hours im level 22

Yeah I don't think you have, Ive been playing since release and playing eight to ten hours a day still took me about four days to hit 20. I had to go to work or i would have been grinding it out. Also 30 crashes sounds a little high since I have only had five crashes in total and I have yet to have one on either xbone or pc in the last week.

>>381139780

I meant two lobbies, unless you mean the dead are in one and the players stay in the game, since that's not that bad, you can quit if you want. I get wanting to stick around for the xp but what are the alternatives?

>>381140074

You mean there is less chance of dying in that game since the monster is neutered and can barely hurt your feelings let alone the players.
>>
>>381136164
pretty disappointed with it, barely anything fixed over the beta and It gets boring fast
>>
>>381138516
This sounds like some monkey paw wish.

"everyone on your team is talking with a microphone but sadly, you cant communicate or understand any of them because they're all spics and 13 year olds"
>>
>>381140074
Honestly dont see how they can fix the issues, saw someone shoot jason out the map with becasue he grabbed him as he stood on firecrackers, ive shunk into the floor waist deep with victim becasue i grabbed him while he got trapped, this can happen everywhere, you can find aslope near water and crouch and then get sprint movement without sprinting thats just afew ive seen and thats in the last 24hours
>>
No, its definitely not worth it.

nobody has microphones. Jason can literally teleport-instakill you, making the composure stat useless. It's fucking gay. The only way its fun is to get 6 friends to play with you and set up house rules so that jason is actually fun to fight.
>>
>>381140492
No joke ive been playing it last 24hours nearly non stop and im level 21
>>
>>381140285
>I don't understand how psychology works
Summerfag
>>
>>381140492
>You mean there is less chance of dying in that game since the monster is neutered and can barely hurt your feelings let alone the players.
Yeah, I agree with you. I'd say both games have balance issues in opposite directions. DBD gives you too much wiggle room because the killers are weak, but tries to make up for it by giving the killers abilities. Friday the 13th gives Jason too much power but does little to mitigate that in the favor of the other players, and while true to the films, it can be frustrating to play. They both have issues there.
I would still say my original point stands, which is that functionally, DbD is a better game. Beyond gameplay, Friday also has some visual hiccups that while not really a functional issue, are annoying aesthetically.
Honestly neither is what I'd like from a competitive monster centric horror game, but there you go.
>>
>>381141407
>Being so paranoid that any kind of game discussion is shilling
>>
>>381136164
NO. For the love of god don't waste your money on this piece of shit, since Illfonic (who's major title before this is Sonic Boom on Wii U, which is important in a bit) has no idea what they're really doing.

We had to wait over 3 weeks on Steam to get a patch to fix an issue where other people could punch in your Steam ID and sell your ingame perks, as well as constant bugs and exploits that caused the game to go from about 12k-15k on Steam down to 4k and dropping. The time before that they patched the game at nearly 2 GB (since they're fucking incompetent and have to resend the entire GAME to give us their build), only to realize it introduced a major game break bug, then they had to roll it back again for another 2 GB patch, then later that afternoon put out a fixed one for another 2 GB, now without game breaking bug. They put priority in the wrong places, since a regular dev on Steam would push out small patches, but since this is also on PS4 & Bone, they're trying to be cheeky fuckers and cram as much as they can to keep their certifaction fees low.

Speaking of "certification", they fucked up SO BAD on Xbox One's luanch that they put out the beta version instead of the main game, and it took them a day or two to get around to fixing that. Their latest patch was delayed several weeks since it kept failing the Microsoft certification, and the game was out for nearly a month without functional quickplay, meaning people had to manually add friends and make private lobbies to play their new $40 game.

In the case of PS4, they fucked up and sold their P2W backer skin on the Playstation store, while yelling at people saying they'll never sell it again and their backers are special snowflakes, only to have to turn around and admit they had to write up and submit the sales page to Sony to have it on PSN, cause yeah.

I hope you like Russians and Chinese, since that's where the bulk of your team will be from with mic spam, since they don't have real servers
>>
i figured it was a piece of shit. but it's at least a good idea, right? like a kinda fun game? from what i understand it's crowdfunded garbage so it'll never be fixed, but could this idea be executed better by a big-boy developer? seems to me it could

almost bought this shit this weekend because i woke up at like 5am and was still drunk and too hungover to go back to sleep but it was like $50 or something
>>
File: 1408659259092.jpg (19KB, 258x314px) Image search: [Google]
1408659259092.jpg
19KB, 258x314px
>>381141407
you tell them lizardmen to fuck off our board son!
>>
>>381141051
Ive actually done 1d13h25m 99counselors killed 63deaths to jason just under level 22 so if it took you days to reach level 20 youre garbage at the game
>>
>>381136328
>20th Ft13 thread of the day
>0 DbD threads
I can taste the salt.
>>
>>381141718
>ut could this idea be executed better by a big-boy developer?
Yes, but a "big-boy developer" would never make a game like this to begin with. AAA devs do not make interesting games, the Jews won't allow it.
>>
>>381136164
I've enjoyed it but I can understand if people feel $40 is too steep for multiplayer only game (single player is coming in a free update apparently)
>>
>>381140920
They can always patch them. I would imagine (hopefully) that they're working on it right now.
The game is glitchy and unbalanced, but they can salvage it, if they want to. But then again, I think the playerbase has dropped off, so maybe they won't bother or if they do it'll be moot.
We'll just have to see.
>>381141718
It is a good idea, and I'd like to see more games like it, or at least with similar themes (classic horror, supernatural, monsters, etc). But the game itself is kind of a wash.
Honestly it wouldn't even take a big dev to work something good out. Just someone dedicated enough with a solid idea and design.
I'm a fan of horror films, good slasher stuff in particular, and it disappointments me that there isn't a lot of video game equivalent to that out there,
>>
>>381140969
>composure stat useless

Paired with stealth its keeps Jason from seeing you dumbass.

>>381140876

No they all migrated to the Playstation.

>>381141452
>Friday the 13th gives Jason too much power but does little to mitigate that in the favor of the other players, and while true to the films, it can be frustrating to play.

Honestly, if you work as a team and know how to play, then only the best Jasons can beat your team, yes its tilted in favor to the killer but that's the point of a horror game, sometimes its going to be unfair that is why you should be scared. His grapple can be countered if you have a teammate who gets a hit in or you have a pocket knife, I've escaped from him many times and have survived after escape almost regularly.

>Beyond gameplay, Friday also has some visual hiccups that while not really a functional issue, are annoying aesthetically.
till say my original point stands, which is that functionally, DbD is a better game.

Like Friday I bought DbD day one since this is concept I really love and your full of shit on this point, DbD was unplayable do how bad it was optimised on high end PCs, its still has horrid glitches to this date, I tried to play it last night and last weekend and it still looks like shit. there is no metric in which this game gets beat by DbD, the community makes the game undesirable since they have the same uptight and venomous nature as those shits in the moba community.

I agree it has its glitches and they both piss me off to no fucking end like getting picked up by Jason only to have the keys glitch out when I go back to pick them up.

>Honestly neither is what I'd like from a competitive monster centric horror game, but there you go.

I never saw these games as competitive, they are horror games, the idea is your in a situation that sucks and survival chances are low.

>>381141868

>1d13h25m 99counselors killed 63deaths to jason just under level 22

I can math that into a lie.
>>
>>381143170
Hi, Ben
>>
>>381143542
Off by one letter.
>>
>>381143170
You mad jelly of those stats bitch tiny bit under level 22 you wish you had stats like that
>>
>>381140969
Composure is one of the best stats. First, it helps you hide without panicking. Second, if you're in cramped quarters to where Jason has to walk somewhere to get the kill, it guarantees an escape. And third, it determines how many hits you can get off with a weapon before it breaks.
>>
>>381143170
You talk all this talk yet it took you four days to hit level 20, are you on xbox? As then i can laugh at your stats as i compare youre dogshit 4days to my not even 2days how are you that shit at the game?
>>
>>381143987
>And third, it determines how many hits you can get off with a weapon before it breaks.
That's luck.
>>
>>381143627
Hi Bon
>>
File: gasp_david_bowie.gif (566KB, 384x163px) Image search: [Google]
gasp_david_bowie.gif
566KB, 384x163px
>>381143739
>>381144135

Dear boy I was under 22 then I maxed out at 30 within aweek and a half.

Also math, 870 max ex if you can complete every objective by your self and 2200 for jason if you pull off a different style kill for 8 people and you do every thing else like disarm traps and shit. 20min for each match and roughly 10min if you are not in a dedicated team playing around the clock like you said, you can do 72 matches in a single 24 hour period, 72 times the max 2200 158400, that gets you to 15, in a 24 hour period you can only reach level 15.

Suck my dick you mongoloid.

>>381144360

Sup
>>
>>381143987
With low comp the screen goes black the more you see jason or get scared but if in a group all armed jason cant do anything really its so easy to stun him or hit him as soon as he grabs anyone and just keep moving
>>
>>381144135
I did quite afew 1v1s you can get easy min1000xp per match anyways atleast i normally play as jason aswell as i host i get him everyother game i play as my spawn pref is jason
>>
>>381145126
I replying to wrong person
>>381144715
You are a faggot
>>
File: dont_care_david_bowie.gif (859KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
dont_care_david_bowie.gif
859KB, 320x180px
>>381145228
>>
Whats better this or Dead By Daylight? Just from a pure gameplay/fun aspect?
>>
File: 20170620_000629.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170620_000629.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
>>381144715
Well what do you know
>>
>>381141892
Dead by daylight is shit too
>>
>>381145475
Difficult to say. DbD has tighter, more focused gameplay but is also a lot more limited and simplistic.
>>
Most worth it on PC for longevity.
>>
File: giphy (4).gif (480KB, 320x176px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (4).gif
480KB, 320x176px
>>381145703
>Doesn't show level
>Doesn't show start date
>Only shows basic information and he got two achievements today

Now post a screen from one of your friends.

Or you know step your fucking game up.
>>
>>381146017
Is it more fun at all?
>>
>>381136164
>FOTM multiplayer game that will be dead as soon as people realize how repetitive it is
You didn't learn yet, did you?
>>
4days to get hit level 20 hahaha do even have hands are you just a torso and a head hardwired into a system that makes your brain spasms barely control the game
>>
>>381146927
Yes and no. Survivor play is more fun on average because you have clear goals that even retards can perform and you always feel like you contributed and had a good chance of escaping even when you die. In F13 you usually accomplish nothing and die without much happening.

Being the killer is zero fun in DbD because the survivors are just as powerful if not moreso. You don't feel like a killer.
>>
>>381147137
Thanks for the answers.
>>
>>381139232
>two lobbies
Are you considering the 'spectate players' as a 2nd lobby with alottery chance of returning as Jarvis?
>>
File: 1402694477629.jpg (187KB, 872x873px) Image search: [Google]
1402694477629.jpg
187KB, 872x873px
>>381136164

Ps4 community is full of niggers , go for the masterrace edition
>>
>>381141697
Gee, you sure seem upset
>>
>>381146596
Total play time is there you dumb faggot how shit are you to even call my stats a lie, even if you trained year round every hour of every day youd never get stats like that, never.
>>
File: 1497866140330m.jpg (77KB, 1024x960px) Image search: [Google]
1497866140330m.jpg
77KB, 1024x960px
>>381140285
A dev has never attempted to kickstart discussion by asking about his own game under the guise of an uneducated plep whose home is located under a rock in the middle of nowhere.
>>
>>381143170
>>381147592
>they all migrated to the Playstation.

when i go to my friends house and watch him play multiplayer xbox one games all i hear is 12 year olds and mexicans and niggers
>>
>>381140697
Im mad that they keep saying "we fixed the roofing glitch & glitched closets" but are straight up lying cause said glitches are still being abused.
>>
>>381147687
>Total play time is there you dumb faggot
Never called that into question. Why are you so concerned about that part and not the one I'm calling out? What are you so adamant that you have to change the narrative like some asshole into your favor.

Is it because your lying?

>>381147827
I only use the LFG function, most chill dudes I ever rolled with.
>>
>>381148275
Suck it up, you literally suck at the game. Level 21 in that playtime is something you will fap over tonight
>>
File: YourEmbarrassingUS.gif (331KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
YourEmbarrassingUS.gif
331KB, 500x250px
>>381148716
Yeah exactly what I thought you would say.

Good talk.
>>
>>381147703
>dev
>on /v/

pick 0
>>
>>381147827
Ps4 has that too except I keep running into french kids that sound like the frenchie kitten in the original tom n jerry
>>
>>381149259
You obviously havent spent any amount of time here, we get a lot of indy/kickstarter devs here sometimes trying to secretly shill & sometimes trying gay ass ama shits
>>
>>381149102
1.5days vs over4wholedays, its quite obvious my stats fuck your stats up the ass
>>
File: 1494842604556.jpg (24KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1494842604556.jpg
24KB, 200x200px
People who spout shill should hang themselves desu.
>>
File: giphy (8).gif (773KB, 461x346px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (8).gif
773KB, 461x346px
>>381149856
Dude you ain't proved shit, I might never have even played the game.

Like shit I have been getting you riled up to the point you took a picture proving nothing besides you played how many hours you have.

I could be the shill boogyman you newfags pretend obsess over this shitty board, or I could be trolling you for being such an insufferable newfag cunt.
>>
>>381136164
Not yet. It's got that online game at launch problem, where the balance is iffy and the content is bare.

I'd wait for the free single player update coming later this summer.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.