[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ultimate Spider-Man

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 22

Has /v/ played this game? Let's talk about it
>>
>>381134412
It was pretty good. Too bad half of the ultimate universe villains suck dick.
>>
I think most on here would argue whether it's better than 2 or not.

Point is everyone loves it.
>>
>>381134585
What's so special about 2 by the way? I never liked it. It's not even in my top 3 spidey games
>>
>>381134668
2 has the best swinging of any spiderman game
Other than that i have no idea why everyone praises it so much. I enjoyed it at the time but nowadays it's not very fun
>>
>>381135067
Isn't the first movie game better? Not joking, I think it is
>>
>>381134412
This is a top 3 Spidey game whatever way you look at it. Also, did anyone ever get stuck on that Electro chase as Venom? Used to make me rage back in the day, still remember some of the dialogue.

>Easiest 100 grand I ever made
>I thought this was a chase not a freaking walk in the park!
>My grandma moves faster than you!
>>
Playing as Venom was fun
>>
>>381135268
I don't think i ever played the first movie game
>>
>>381135382
Yeah, happened to me. The game itself was easy.
>>
>>381135856
Agreed, one of the most random difficulty spikes I've ever encountered
>>
>>381135382
I remember the chases having some problems, like you had to take the exact path the devs wanted.
But it's still one of the best Spidey games I played with the psone titles.
>>
>>381135268
The first movie game was like a refinement of the previous two Playstation games.

The 2nd movie game was where they properly embraced the open-world style of play and never looked back.
>>
>>381134412
Played it recently for the first time, and it was fun as hell, too bad it was a bit repetitive(other than the fight against rhino and a couple missions, everything was just the same 2-3 missions copy pasted over and over with a different skin each time) and after completing the story there is really no incentive in doing all the remaining tasks/goals and collecting all the hidden stuff.
>>
>>381137554
Back in the days I was fucking WILLING to unlock the black suit to swing through the city after beating the story
>>
Really good superhero game for its time, and even now. It actually feels like you are playing inside a comic book. The story stuff is comic book-ish too.

This game is sort of like a proto-Arkham City. Open world that is fun to traverse, FreeFlow(TM) Combat, bunch of hidden collectable, optional challenges in the form of races and gang fights.
>>
It's been years since I last played it, but I remember the combat being pretty shitty. There wasn't a lot of combo variety to make it interesting
>>
Never played it. Was the swinging like 2?
>>
File: 1494004718828.jpg (6KB, 223x251px) Image search: [Google]
1494004718828.jpg
6KB, 223x251px
>>381134412
My love of this game has been tainted by what a shitshow the Ultimate universe has become.

I mean yeah comics and all but geez, wasn't ultimate created so that it could fucking distance itself from the downward spiral of retardness?
>>
>>381137992
Even if I played it just recently, I'm old enough to have lived the era where you want to unlock something useless as a costume/skin just for the sake of it, but in this case what was the incentive for it?
Considering how repetitive the game was and that to unlock the costumes you have to do even more repetitive tasks, by the time you unlock the costume you want you have already spent a lot of time swinging between buildings(which again, was fun as hell to do) to the point it almost becomes boring, so even if you like a costume a lot, why would you want to unlock it? Just to do more of what you did already so much to the point of boredom?

I think the execution of the unlocks was badly done honestly.
It would have been better if you could have unlocked the costumes(if not all, most of them) during the required missions for the story, but making them usable only after beating the game, that way you could have used your preferred costume while still having stuff to do to unlock the remaining ones or just for the sake of completing the game at 100%
>>
>>381138987
You're way out of the loop casual, the Ultimate universe doesn't exist anymore.
>>
>>381139115
Dude I was like 10. It was ok
>>
>>381139514
Not him, but that's just admitting it's nostalgia and nothing else.
>>
>>381139891
That unlockables thing? Yes, wouldn't bother now.
But the game is great not because of muh nostalgia
>>
I fucking LOVED this game. Had it on OG XBox. People seem to forget about this game when they talk about Spiderman games. This one had the best web-swinging and movement in general, not Spiderman 2
>>
>>381139514
I also played THUG for the first time recently, yet even after finishing the story it was less repetitive and unlocking everything and completing all the tasks felt like i was achieving something.

>>381140103
Considering I was argumenting the unlockables, there's no need to specify the game was good not due to nostalgia.
The game is good, still it is repetitive though, both through the story and after it.
>>
>>381135382
>did anyone ever get stuck on that Electro chase as Venom?
That mission was SO hard for me.
It took me forever to get through it.
Electro's movements were way too spastic and sharp, and Venom was such a clumsy hulking character to control.
>>
>>381139256
I wonder if Marvel would consider continuing or rebooting it some day?
>>
>>381141202
Impossible, Marvel literally destroyed all their multiverses so they could put their favorite minority character in the main universe. There's no way they're returning to what it used to be.
>>
>>381141459
I want to believe, even if it takes 10, 20 or 30 years.
>>
There was also a cool GBA game
>>
>>381141459
Basically this. The Old Marvel stuff is gone, ultimate and 616 both destroyed and rebooted into one New 52 style universe with Miles Morales being the only survivor of the Ultimates as the main Spider-Man while Peter Parker is now an international spy and billionaire playboy. I won't say NEVER EVER though simply because DC undid their shitty New 52 garbage last year and their books have gotten way better so maybe Marvel will undo their reboot in a few years too when they realize how much everyone hates Black Captain America, Hydra agent Steve Rogers, every X-Men character being gay or trans (not an exaggeration either), etc, but right now, it's all there is.
>>
>>381142782
Is Doom still a guy in a suit trying to be Ironman?
>>
File: sinister-six-ii.jpg (162KB, 1000x703px) Image search: [Google]
sinister-six-ii.jpg
162KB, 1000x703px
>>381134412
This game sucks compared to Spider-Man 2.
>>
>>381143295
Pleb detected
>>
>>381143159
Yes. He's part of the Avengers team.
>>
>>381142782
>every X-Men character being gay or trans
What would an X-Man with the power of arbitrarily changing their own gender be?

>inb4 Mistique
Just their gender, not their entire looks
>>
>Timed health-draining venom segments

The spidey segments were great at least
>>
>>381134412
fond memories of it.
>>
>>381134412
>play it
>love it
>only gripe is the swingign speed wasnt as good as sm2
>enter thread a bit back and anon tells me to beat johnny storm for faster swinging

This is undoubtedly the best spiderman game. Max swing speed isnt as good as sm2 nor are the acrobatics but it is the best rounded came.

Story, characters, VA, city, side missions, races, events, venom, cameos, boss fights.

Other spiderman games might have done certain aspects better but never in a whole package like this. To create a better spiderman game they need to take the best aspects of each

>ps1 spiderman
characters, missions, unlockables/suits, story, cameos, humor
>sm2
swinging, tricks, sense of speed
>ultimate
what i listed above pretty much
>web of shadows
combat, this game had the best spiderman combat we've seen so far
>asm games
fuck off
>>
>>381134412
I only came here to see if anyone mentioned the balloon
>>
>>381143980
Misti-dammit
>>
File: swinging.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
swinging.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>381134412
Posting swinging webm from the new spiderman game, what do you guys think?

Looks floaty and slowed down due to the chase to me desu. Ultimate spidermans max upgraded swing speed makes this feel like a crawl
>>
>>381144694
Holy shit I forgot about that.
That was on one of the first missions where you play as Venom too.
>game lets you eat kids and spit out the corpse
>It's rated T
>>
>>381135382
did it just then, its all about timing the big orb attack he does. Just sit back and let him do it then chase. Keep your distance otherwise. Also the devs had a specific path in midn when you play it so deviating from it is often a failure so dont feel bad
>>
>>381134412
I played it 2 years ago and it was pretty good.
Some bosses quite annoying too.
I think I prefer it to 2.
>>
>>381144454
Spiderman 2 was insane for roaming though.
>>
>>381135382
You wanna rage hard?
HUMAN TORCH RACES
>>
>>381144797
The "webzipping" thing makes him acellerate a bit, the swing doesn't at all while it should.
So yeah, it looks like floaty, as if the webswings were only needed to not make him fall to the ground instead of also add momentum, speed, and direction
>>
>>381144814
Yeah, if anything stuck with me from that game, it's that moment.

Well, except for the Human Torch races, the Carnage and Venom fights, and spending over an hour trying to get into Dr Strange's house
>>
>>381144797
The swinging in this game is worrying me.
It's not moonswinging, but it looks like they took the grapplehook from the Arkham games and used that as a basis for their swinging system.
Notice that instead of the player relying on their own skill to web zip there are markers there, a lot like Arkham's grapplehook mechanic.
They might actually be going for a fixed web movement system that relies on hardpoints to make it look more cinematic.

>>381144994
Those weren't that hard.
I had trouble with the first one but that's because it's really early in the game.
Later on I think they become easier.
>>
>>381144797
I can guarantee the swinging is using the same tech/physics as the grappling hook in Uncharted 4. I'm sure there will be speed and ability upgrades that allow for more acrobatics and shit. It's obvious they wanted to show off wallrunning and shit here anyway. I think the game looks great and is currently in my top 3 most anticipated games right now.
>>
I love this game so much, I've beaten the shit out of it like 20 times. Once you figure out the rythym of the Web-zip/tentacle-zip you can go Sanic speeds making all of the races completely trivial. Now I'm making myself want to play it again, I wish they'd put this shit out on Steam so we can play the superior PC version again.
>>
>>381142782
>>381141459
Actually The Maker is going to show up in an Ultimates2 arc soon, he's trying to do shit with the Ultimate universe again.
>>
File: asm2 swinging.webm (3MB, 746x420px) Image search: [Google]
asm2 swinging.webm
3MB, 746x420px
>>381145072
Web zip being like >>381145181 said worries me too. It doesnt look like the old school zip in the direction you want but rather batman grapple hook here to cool parkour move to this location

>not make him fall to the ground
This is what i hated in the asm games, look at the webm It doesnt matter when he throws his web he cannot got within a metre of the floor, as if a glass floor has been placed. Im guessing the devs did this to give you that swinging between cars feel and not having the player constantly land on the floor as they swung too late but i think its jarring to see the arc interrupted with a completely horizontal glide until eventually the arc picks and lifts him off
>>
>>381144994
>when you go so fast that Torch disappears behind you
>>
File: 1416164070337.gif (954KB, 375x211px) Image search: [Google]
1416164070337.gif
954KB, 375x211px
>>381145268
>I think the game looks great and is currently in my top 3 most anticipated games right now.
>>
If it's not the best spidey game, then what game is?
>>
>As Venom
>Rack up points and make the Helicarrier appear over New York
>Climb Trask Tower
>Long Jump from the highest point of the building
>Clip into the empty tiny ass Helicarrier
0/10
>>
>>381134412
Sup
>>
>>381145607
I dont have as much faith in the game as that guy but i think this is a bit much. Its kinda worrying with what we've seen but remember its an e3 cinematic sony conference demo so it had to be press x to cool. I doubt it will be like that in the full game thoughh im not as hopeful as anon.

Worst case we get another middling spiderman game like web of shadows that isnt great but is playable somehwat
>>
>>381145917
>make the Helicarrier appear over New York
what?
Was this a post-story thing?
>>
>>381145607
If you think this doesn't look like by far the best Spider-Man game then you are absolutely blinded by nostalgia and a retard.
>>
File: Fly away now.webm (300KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Fly away now.webm
300KB, 640x480px
>>381146173
Yes after you beat the game you can play as venom.
Start destroying shit and you'll start building up points for destruction.
After a while SHIELD shows up and the Helicarrier appears over New York.
>>
File: 1423592263300.gif (187KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1423592263300.gif
187KB, 320x240px
>>381146010
>like web of shadows

Nah. Everything is pointing to a more cinematic ASM2.

>Arkham-lite combat with restrictive movement again so we can zip around like we could in some older games
>slow-mo all throughout combat which breaks up flow and will get very tedious
>animations and scenarios look like they were ported from ASM2
>web swinging however looks worse than ASM2, at least they attempted momentum
>Miles and he's confirmed to having a role raises way too many warning flags

It may have been an E3 trailer but we've all seen too many trailers to think "it will be a lot better on release/very different in later trailers" Hype is dead Jim.

>>381146280
And you're a casual shitter who probably eats up every "cinematic AAA masterpiece" that is shat out year after year.
>>
>swinging through the city
>suddenly attacked
>kraven boss fight starts
>ends with him escaping
>continue swinging around feeling hunted at all times

This is how to do a kraven fight i think. Multiple boss fights where after each encounter he returns improved and able to counter the moves used on him last time. The whole hunt aspect of kraven is lost when its just a single boss fight that takes place in a mission. Add in a random sighting on the edge of your screen here and there and the scene is set for a good villain.

Or you can do the dodge the rhino charge and hit him on the back again
>>
>>381147101
>Add in a random sighting on the edge of your screen here and there
I love this idea with a hunter character, feeling watched at all times is something you rarely ever feel in a game with Kraven in it
>>
>>381146951
I agree, im a fool for having hype knowing how most games turn out after an e3 showing. Its just the spiderman fan in me somehow able to ignore the signs and keep the faith
>>Arkham-lite combat with restrictive movement again so we can zip around like we could in some older games
we saw a glimpse of web strike from web of shadows,
>>slow-mo all throughout combat which breaks up flow and will get very tedious
kill me
>>animations and scenarios look like they were ported from ASM2
cant confirm because i gave up on thattrash after asm1 but ill take your word on it
>>web swinging however looks worse than ASM2, at least they attempted momentum
nah i dont think its worse, look at the web m posted in thisthread, nothing weve seen looks worse than that
>>Miles and he's confirmed to having a role raises way too many warning flags
Im more confused about asian oracle lite instead of miles
>>
>>381146951
It's a Spider-Men 2 tie-in
It all makes sense now.
Fuck Bendis.
>>
>>381146280
Even if you compare this tripe exclusively to the TASM games it pales. You're the retard.
>>
>>381147292
It was such a tease with all the billboards in one of the spiderman games. I think a random sighting on the edge of the screen and it not there when you go to investigate would really add to the tension. Might sightings meaning the boss fight is approaching.

I quite liked the mr freeze fight in arkham city in how he adapts to what you do. 3 or 4 fights against kraven with him returning able to cut webs, dodge attacks and even stop you swinging away would be neat
>>
>>381147376
Bendis probably threatened Marvel in some way to get his son in the game. If his wife Cage makes it in then it will be confirmed that he's got his claws into this game.
>>
>>381146280
playing ultimate now. Its not looking better desu. The swigning in ultimate once upgraded is faster and not the batman grappling hook stuff. Combat does look somewhat improved but to say this is the best looking spiderman game when we are in a thread discussing the best one is silly
>>
>>381147573
>>381147376
>spiderman game tied to other heros

Kinda like the solo spiderman and no other heros, just him and his villains roster
>>
File: 1496625242068.png (422KB, 400x577px) Image search: [Google]
1496625242068.png
422KB, 400x577px
>>381144994
>Trying to beat the last race so I could get the Peter Parker Costume
>>
>>381147620
>>381147443
Pathetic. Those old games have aged like ass. Take off the goggles already.
>>
Someone write a rank list of spider man games so I can buy some.
>>
>>381137992
It would've been nice to have the HUD atleast reflect the costumes. Yeah, they did that for Peter and I think Hoodie Peter, but that's just for the main story.
>>
File: 1475150569283.png (595KB, 734x708px) Image search: [Google]
1475150569283.png
595KB, 734x708px
>>381144797
>Osborn sign looks the same as Trump's campagin logo
>>
>>381147721
That's the problem.
Bendis WANTS Miles to be THE Spider-Man
Miles' book is just called SPIDER-MAN
He's going to shove him EVERYWHERE
>>
>>381146951
I see almost not problem with miles in the new game as long as he's written better than in the comics. Which shouldn't be hard to do considering how people say hes bland.
The game will probably nerf his Venom shot, the one thing I see people complain about constantly, to something of a built up charge or a 3-5 second stun.
>>
>>381134412
Yes, Ultimate, Spider-Man 2 (PS2, Xbox, GCN) and Spider-Man (PS1, N64, DC) are the best 3D Spidey games.
>>
File: 1453604608932.jpg (50KB, 413x449px) Image search: [Google]
1453604608932.jpg
50KB, 413x449px
>>381148361
nigga that sign design existed way before trump. look back to Reagan posters
>>
>>381148065
>better webswinging than what is shown so far

Is graphics what you mean?? Even though ultimate is quite old its art style makes it feel fresh and not aged at all i find. Its swigning is better and its combat while not great wasnt riddle with slow mo.

We're not shitting on the new one we're saying what theyve shown doesnt look to have imrpoved the spiderman games much from what we already have perfected in others
>>
>>381144994
No. All the salt belongs to the combat tours. Fuck the Plum Blossom Gang.
>>
>>381148418
Miles has more problems than just being bland unfortunately. Every last detail would have to be re-written which at that point he wouldn't be the same character and would be pointless making a deal about him and even if they did go that far
(which they won't, it's Marvel) his very foundation is built on the rape and destruction of a beloved character so he's already dead to a lot of people.
>>
>>381134412
I rented this from blockbuster one day only for it to be scratched and not work
Only remember because I had a huge argument with the staff there that day who were trying to make me pay for it
Is it better than Spiderman 2?
>>
>>381148298
see >>381144454 to see what each game did best and decide from there what you like.

ultimate>sm2>ps1 spiderman>web of shadows>linear spiderman games>>>asm spiderman games
>>
>>381148746
>We're not shitting on the new one
I am. This is TASM2.5.
>>
>>381148378
fuck off with this shit bendis. Fuckimg give me classic spiderman with classic enemies not this new black spiderman with asian oracle and no bugle job
>>
>>381148850
Swinging is just moonswinging unlike 2 and the new PS4 one, it's shit.
>>
>>381148418
>nerf his venom shot

...are we playing as miles? please say it aint fuckin so
>>
>>381135268
I always thought this, too, although the tower you have to climb to get to vulture used to give me aneurysms back when I was shitty at vidya
also the warehouse with the thugs (think its like the second or third level) used to give me the creeps because of its rundown, seedy look and feel.
>>
>>381149096
Nope, Spider-Man calls himself Pete in his thoughts in the E3 demo, so if it IS Miles, he has major issues
>>
>>381149096
They've told us Miles is more than a cameo and the ugly ass white emblem has a purpose. Add to that mix Mr. Negative and you have the plot of the game.
>>
>>381149096
It's not confirmed yet but he's confirmed to have a role to play and in the comics he's the street Spider-Man while Peter is a worldwide Spider-Man so it would be weird to include another Spider without playing as them.
>>
>>381149047
its made by treyarch who made spiderman 2 why the fuck would it be moonswinging? It clearly has webs on buildings and a proper momentum system for its swinging and is the only game outside of 2 to have ever done it. Hell its swinging looks better than the floaty segments shown on the new ps4 game.

If you want the ps4 game to be good thats on you but dont shit on other good games because that wont make it so
>>
>>381148298
On consoles: Spider-Man 2 is the best
On PC: Ultimate Spider-Man is the best
Try Web of Shadows for the combat.
Shattered Dimensions and Web of Shadows on DS are fucking great Metroidvaniaish games
Never gave a fuck about the Beenox games.
Spider-Man and Enter Electro on PS1 are a must-play.
>>
>>381135586
You could try it for yourself. It's available on PC
>>
>>381149237
yeah i know that but like >>381149283
>>381149287 said hes more than a cameo. Have him as a random mission only please. No playing as miles.

We've gone from playing as spiderman and venom at the same time to now potentially playing as black and white spiderman at the same time. Shameful
>>
>>381149047
Shut the fuck up retard there's no moonswinging in Ultimate.
>>
I guess this is a good place to ask

I bought a physical version of the game for pc but after I install it and try to play nothing happens
Is there are trick to installing old games or am I just retarded?
>>
>>381148879
yeah i know you are but i dont mind you because youve back up your points with proper examples of how its not looking good. Im just choosing to be hopeful while cautious while this bloke has gone off the deep end with hype
>>
>>381149312
This is wrong. Treyarch made Web of Shadows and Spider-Man 3 also and neither of those had 2's swinging. Neither does Ultimate.
>>
>>381144454
>enter thread a bit back and anon tells me to beat johnny storm for faster swinging
Dude, the game tells you that.
>>
>>381142782
I'll never get into comics because of crazy shit like this, makes it way too hard for a newcomer to find where to start and shit.
>>
>>381149570
>Neither does Ultimate

Wrong. Ultimate doesn't have the air tricks but it's got everything else.
>>
>>381149570
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaLpoBisFuA

I have the game on now and can literally climb up each web holding triangle to its point of origin which is on a building. Every single use of rthe web climb ends with a point on the building youre pulling this out of your arse.
>>
>>381149796
The irony is, everything I described is from a reboot that only started last spring/summer. Just goes to show how convoluted and stupid shit can quickly get and how these reboots never help bring in new people.
>>
>>381149737
i was a dumb kid and didnt make the connection. Did it now and bam, game is amazing
>>
File: 1402862208130.png (89KB, 281x301px) Image search: [Google]
1402862208130.png
89KB, 281x301px
>>381148812
>his very foundation is built on the rape and destruction of a beloved character
Feels like an exaggeration. I know he's not well like but his initial role in the ultimate universe seemed fine, since peter had died, and besides being "Black spider-man" his secondary thing was being accepted as the new spider-man by Peter's loved ones, SHIELD and public.
Outside of it, in 616, I can understand him not serving and purpose besides being "Black Spider-Man" when Spider-man/Peter is still alive.
>>
>no hard green goblin glider chase through the city in new ps4 game

no buy
>>
File: 1461197330916.gif (3MB, 1024x435px) Image search: [Google]
1461197330916.gif
3MB, 1024x435px
>>381150021
Other issues aside the damage came when they resurrected Ultimate Peter just so he can tell Miles "he's the real Spider-Man" then they completely changed his personality and had him abandon the responsibility that he died for so it wouldn't draw attention away from Miles and he fucked off to a new city with MJ and that was the last you heard of him.

Then they destroyed the Ultimate universe but saved Miles, because he's THE REAL SPIDER-MAN PETE SAID SO.
>>
>>381150021
>the new spider-man by Peter's loved ones, SHIELD and public.
To add, I recall it happening, SHIELD gave him the black suit to show they sightly approved, Jess was gonna train him, and Aunt May and Gwen, gave Miles, Peters old web shooters and formula for web fluid.
I think the only person still not entirely on board was Captain American since he felt guilt as the cause of Peters Death, but mainly didn't want another dead child on his hands.
I also recall the time when a symbiotic attacked him and ended up hurting both his father and getting his mother killed and he gave it up and had to learn to accept his new role himself and know that being spider-man itself had a risk.

>>381150508
>when they resurrected Ultimate Peter
God I remember that. That felt entirely unneeded along with the 3rd? revival of Green Goblin as well.
>>
>>381150508
Miles being put in the main universe is just a convenient side effect of the real reason why they did it. To erase the Fantastic Four from existence out of spite for Marvel's origins and replace them with the retarded evil Reed Richards from the Ultimate universe so that Doctor Doom is a good guy now instead.
>>
>>381150021
>his initial role in the ultimate universe seemed fine
Let's put it like this.
Aside from his origin story and how he killed his uncle, Miles has done nothing but get thrown into a people that met Peter Parker and guilt trip them into accepting Miles as the new Spider-Man, see Cap, SHIELD, Aunt May, Gwen, Mary Jane. Even the non-Parker-friendly characters have to deal with him, he fought Rhino, Electro and a Venom (and won all fights with a Venom Sting).
The last (complete) arc of Ultimate Spider-Man brought Peter and the Green Goblin back to life just so Miles could beat Osborn (weak to venom sting) and to make Peter himself accept Miles.
The arc that was cut-off because of the universe got destroyed had him piss off Doctor Doom and he won by getting a long-distance Venom Sting power out of the ass and beating Doctor doom and his doombots offscreen.

At every moment in his life he's done nothing but get the universe's approval thanks to the writer and to one-shot every enemy also thanks to the writer.

And that's just his Ultimate self. In 616 he's the same piece of gary stu shit.

He got shoved into Civil War II and will kill Cap in Secret Empire.

Fuck.
Miles.
4Life.
>>
>>381138987
As far as I'm concerned, the Ultimate universe ended when Ultimate Peter Parker's funeral ended. Or maybe with Spider-Men where 616 Peter crosses over briefly.

Anything after either of those two events was retarded bullshit.

I've got the full lineup of TPBs of Peter Parker's Ultimate Spider-Man, and they end when Peter does. Any time a friend reads through them all and asks for more, I tell them that's it. That's the story. In the end, Peter Dies.

Because fuck that bullshit that happened afterwards.
>>
christ comics are a shitshow
>>
>>381152009
Too bad Ultimatum happened before Death of Spider-Man
>>
File: 1437240063351.jpg (366KB, 927x1418px) Image search: [Google]
1437240063351.jpg
366KB, 927x1418px
>>381152302
It's a mess to say the least but like vidya you just sort through the bullshit and you'll find a gem or two worth your time, perhaps even grow fond of.
>>
>>381149796
I'll be honest, inter-continuity crossovers and fucking monthlies with no end are what made me jump ship from Marvel/DC comics and into manga.

> Marvel/DC: Oh man, Iron Man is awesome! Where can I get the first one so I can start at the start? Oh, fifty years ago or $300,000? Okay.
> Manga: Oh man, Ranma is great! Where can I get the first one so I can start at the start? $13 for every 200 page book and I can order them at any time easily? Sweet!

Until I started sailing the south seas, I never would have bothered to keep up with American comics.
>>
File: ultimate destruction.jpg (200KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ultimate destruction.jpg
200KB, 1024x768px
>>381134412
outa the way, best super hero game coming through
>>
File: 12312424.gif (2MB, 200x151px) Image search: [Google]
12312424.gif
2MB, 200x151px
>>381152663
>that ross boss battle
>>
>>381145573
I don't understand why most Spiderman games are okay with the ability to webswing where there is nothing to attach the web to. This is why I loved Ultimate Spiderman. I actually had to be near a building to be able to swing.
>>
>>381152491
Ultimatum honestly doesn't play into Ultimate Spider-Man TOO much. It's a thing that happens, but it sort of happens on the periphery. It's important because New York gets hammered and Pete has that hilarious, momentary confrontation with The Hulk. Well, and the shooting thing, but Peter wasn't living through that final fight with the Sinister Six even if he'd been at full HP.

Same with all the stupid bullshit which makes Ultimate X-Men or The Ultimates such a chore to read. Peter shows up at the X-Mansion for some light-hearted bullshit or to bang Kitty, then dips before everything gets stupid and ultra-dramatic. Same with the Ultimates: He's there when they're doing great and everybody's on their meds, and he's nowhere to be found (and thus it doesn't really impact his story) when stupid grimdark bullshit like The Blob eating The Wasp.
>>
>>381134412
My favorite spider-man game, also just started a new playthrough today, so it's funny you posted this.
>>
>>381151109
>Miles has done nothing but get thrown into a people that met Peter Parker and guilt trip them into accepting Miles as the new Spider-Man
The Guilt tripping isn't entirely a bad thing though. It's like a second chance honestly which fits with Miles being Peter's successor in ultimate.
I don't recall what Aunt May, Gwen and MJ wanted to talk to him about when they finally met. So I'm not sure if it was guilt or not. I know MJ was still a bit unapproving because of age much like capt.

Cap still felt the need to tell Miles to stop playing Hero Because of both the Peter thing and how he'd just killed his Uncle as well, before being told off by Gwen, Aunt May and MJ to take this second chance. Hell he still didn't accept it then until Miles helped him take down Rhino.
He reject him about 3-4 times before actually taking the chance to train him.

Getting the approve of characters isn't entirely a bad thing, as long as it's not immediately. Which for miles wasn't the entire case. They had to ease in and thing about it and make sure they didn't get another parker situation.

I can understand disliking how he one-shot thing though, the bringing back Ult. Peter BS and onward. The venom shot tends to happen to just wrap up the Saga/arc and finish the villain that shit needs a huge nerfing or to just go.

Honest before they brought Ult Peter back I found Miles fine over all, after that it seemed like a huge downward spiral of stupidity.
>>
>>381134412
I loved this game though on retrospect it might be kinda padded
but if you don't do 100% it's a pretty solid game I think
idk it's been years maybe I'm remembering wrong
>>
>>381135067
>>381134668
It's only liked for the swinging. People are praising the swinging more than the game itself
>>
>>381154551
Swinging is like 50% of the game though.
And the Mysterio fight is good too.
>>
>>381135382
Gave me some problems at first but I got it down eventually. I used to replay the game a lot since it was so criminally short and I don't remember it giving me too many problems after a point.
>>
>>381148065
>it is old, therefore it is bad
EPIC post my dude
>>
File: Energyhook.jpg (144KB, 1321x815px) Image search: [Google]
Energyhook.jpg
144KB, 1321x815px
>>381154551
>>381154640
>>381148639
If 2 is so great, why don't people like this game solely based on it's swinging and made by the guy who developed it?
>>
>>381155087
>solely based on it's swinging
If that's all it has going for it then that's probably why
>>
>>381154671
how long after can you beat the game after the electro boss battle?
>>
>>381145917
Into? I remember climbing ONTO it. The helicarrier would then keep trying to rise above Venom but since you're on top of it just keeps going higher and higher with you on it until you hit the highest point of the map at which point you'll get pushed downwards with an Area Unavailable message. The fall down is pretty anticlimactic.
>>
All I want out of the new game is good web swinging and infinite random crime events, because what is even the point of playing a Spider-Man game if the free roam isn't fun.
>>
>>381155919
The costume?
>>
>>381155087
>If the Megaman games are so great, why didn't people like Mighty Number 9?

Sometimes the people who create something really good still need others around to help them make the one really good thing a quality game worth playing.

Spider-Man 2 worked so well as a game because the fantastic underlying mechanic (the swinging) was under-pinned by great mission variety and some occasionally fun combat bits.

Dicking around in Spider-Man 2 is fun because you can see someone on a rooftop trying to break in, pop down and say hi to his friends, before slowly swinging up the Empire State Building to set a new high score for rotations in a pile drive.

Spider-Man 2 challenged you to master specific parts of the swinging mechanic with the pizza deliveries, by forcing you to be incredibly precise and accurate.

Plus, the levels in Energy Hook all feel bland and lifeless. It's fucking boring.
>>
>>381138987
>>381139256
>>381141459
>>381142782
>>381145497
Then what Universe does Spider Man: Renew your vows take place?
>>
Spider-Man 2 was literally GTA with capeshit; which is why it's so good
>>
>>381156024
That comes after that. If the game isn't fun to play why should I care about how Spider-Man looks in the game?
>>
>>381134412
looks like I'm getting a PS2, is the Special Edition worth getting over the regular one?
>>
>>381157240
Fair enough
>>
>>381157128
The old 616. Doesn't exist anymore either.
>>
>>381157128
In Secret Wars they made a special universe where MJ and Peter remained a couple. The story caught on and it became a regular book in an alternate universe.
>>
I wish there was a bit more variety in the free roaming mode and that you were allowed to switch between Venom and Spiderman at will from the beginning of the game.
>>
I never got the Black Suit skin. Did any if you fuckers got it?

Speaking of which, I really get when a skin is earned by literally completing the game 100%. What's left to do anyway?

And another thing, was it possible to play the main game with different skins? I was never able to.
>>
>>381160608
There's nothing after the black suit.
All you can do is fight random crimes, do the combat tours and swing around.
>>
>>381153949
started a playthrough earlier in the week following the ps4 spiderman. Its got a lot to live up to doesnt it
>>
>>381155919
>good webswinging
>devs spend their time crafting insane amounts of random crime events

Cancel the rest of the big story qte stuff and just give us this
>>
File: curnage.jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
curnage.jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
Shield's characterization is so much better in the Ultimate universe compared the current disney/MCU interpretation. In ultimate they actually came across as a government agency that do what ever they saw as necessary to ensure public safety (ifonlytherealthingwasashonest) which lead to some interesting interactions with Peter when he was involved in the whole symbiote mess. And then you have the current MCU interpretation which is pretty much HEY SPIDERMAN WANNA JOIN SHIELD AND GET A COOL NEW MOTORCYLE AND POWERSUIT? :-)
>>
>>381160414
wouldve detracted from the story i think. The game has eddie constantly hunted and stuff so just running around wouldnt make much sense. If they did it would be like having the entire army after you at all times until post game
>>
>>381160608
Dumb as shit isnt it? Like half the appeal is doing the game in these cool new suits but you only get it when every single thing is done. Stupid.

I just got a 100% save and mucked around in that
>>
Discuss.
>>
>>381162263
this and edge of time are the only two i never played sorry champ
>>
>>381162263
I enjoyed the Noir stages.
Least favorite stages were probably 2099
>>
>>381162263
It's a linear game so you can't really compare it to the free-roam games.
Beenox is good at action games but suck dick at anything else (See ASM1&2 with their fucking moonswinging)
>>
>reading renew your vows
>magneto gonna steal annie away from spidey and MJ
>peter gonna go full dad mode on magneto
>just like he killed venom and made a mess of Doc Ock
>>
I never beat green goblin
>>
File: Spidergirl 044-03.jpg (240KB, 1000x1516px) Image search: [Google]
Spidergirl 044-03.jpg
240KB, 1000x1516px
>>381162746
Hope you like VenoMJ.
Also if you want to read abetterSpider-Man's daughter story give Spider-Girl a chance.
>>
>>381163901
>veno Mj
oh no, fucking venom survived
Thread posts: 162
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.