[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Furi vs Nier Automata

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: header.jpg (50KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
50KB, 460x215px
2016 game inspired by PlatinumGames has better bosses than 2017 PlatinumGames game, Nier Automata.
>>
Furi has only that tho.
>>
>>381130649

But shouldn't Nier A have a good list of bosses? Heigel was pure shit, and only the opera boss, 9S vs all those 2B units and A2 and 9s climbing the tower as well as their final fights were memorable. The rest were meh like Adam and Eve.
>>
File: 1497100565875.png (6KB, 300x310px) Image search: [Google]
1497100565875.png
6KB, 300x310px
>>381130957
Yes it should have that, being a platinum game and all.
But it does not, and even the first NieR I think had a better set of bosses.
I just think that they didn't had the ressources to focus too much on this and doesn't impact the rest too much.
Also what does Furi have to do with it?
>>
>>381130310
Both games are sound
NieR is better though
>>
As someone who's game of the year last year was Furi, you're fucking retarded.

Furi is trying to emulate Platinum stuff, Nier Automata is literally a Nier game but made by Platinum, it isn't MGR where they made a (simple) Platinum game with a Metal Gear coat of paint, they strived to make Nier Automata Nier first and foremost, and succeeded.

This is like shitting on Eraserhead for not being an action film.
>>
>>381131975
Both use bullet hell phases quite a lot. >>381132992
Still no excuse to have meh bosses just because it's a Nier game. Thought having platinum develop the game would meant bosses would be good and memorable, which only serves to make it a better game. If you're gonna have bosses, at least do them right.
>>
>>381133792
The game accomplished what it needed to, it was a damn good game from a Nier fan standpoint. I didn't want it to be a new Platinum game with a Nier coat of paint, and I'm happy with what I got.

You want fantastic Platinum bossfights? Go buy Wonderful 101, statistically it's pretty unlikely you were one of the ones who did and if nothing else I can promise you that game has good memorable boss fights.

If you did buy it, wait for Bayo 3 like the rest of us, they already teased the fuck out of it. Just pray it has a good director this time so the combat is actually good again.
>>
>>381134317
What did it accomplish for you that you are so happy with the game? I've played tw101 so I suppose I'll have to wait.
>>
>>381130957
>not liking the Ro-shi/Ko-shi fight
Furi was hot garbage by the way. It had two good bosses and nothing else going for it.
>>
>>381134317
And I don't think it's that much of a good game /, but more like a good experience game like SotC or Asura's Wrath or something. It's got more gameplay and content but it's not exactly that impressive.
>>
>>381135074
I did like that, I thought I mentioned I liked clinging the tower segment at the end.
>>
File: favorite game.jpg (390KB, 1284x917px) Image search: [Google]
favorite game.jpg
390KB, 1284x917px
>>381135070
>>381135227
Again, you came at the game wanting Platinum, I came at the game wanting Nier where the gameplay wasn't okay at best. This game's combat honestly is impressive if held against the original Nier, and I'm not saying that makes the game's combat actually impressive, I'm saying I'm looking at this from a different place.

I like games with good combat, as you do, I like Bayo, W101, God Hand, Ninja Gaiden, DMC, etc. I also like games that do something different and interesting, Nier falls into that, it had meh as fuck gameplay the first round, here it had gameplay that you could at least have fun with while still being Nier and that was an accomplishment in my mind.

I'm not going to argue my taste is some sort of pinnacle of truth though, my two favorite games are as pictured and they're for extremely different reasons. Hell the second one is blatantly unfinished.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.