[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wtf is HD rumble?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: HD.jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
HD.jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
I still don't know what HD Rumble is and what it feels like. YouTube or Google won't help either because all I can find are predictions before the Switch got released. I also don't want to fall for Nintendo's marketing. So can someone clear stuff up? Is there any well produced video about it that isn't done by Nintendo?
>>
>>381123809
it's rumble but in hd

also don't plan on getting a switch for it since only Arms uses it
>>
It's literally just haptic rumble.

Rumble motors you can more accurately program to do shit you want.

It's a meme.
>>
>>381124359
incorrect, a bunch of games utilize it
>>
>>381123809
A gimmick.
>>
>>381123809
It doesn't have any games that utilize it well atm. Pretty much just a meme until later in 2018, if ever.

Supposed to provide detailed haptic feedback. Smooth, rough, weight, movement direction, pull/push, etc.
>>
>>381124478
Arms and that marble game for 1-2 switch are the only 2 that use HD rumble for what it is and not just "wow there are more frequencies for rumble feedback in MK8D"
Honestly outside of Xenoblade 2 I'm not sure what other games coming out can really take advantage of HD rumble
>>
The only game that even uses it well is 1 2 Switch and that's just a gimmick party game. It does work pretty well, sometimes it does feel like you have balls rolling in there and whatnot. However it really doesn't seem like it's useful in normal gameplay. Maybe if the game had a lockpick minigame like Skyrim but not much call for it either way.
>>
>>381124894
>Honestly outside of Xenoblade 2 I'm not sure what other games coming out can really take advantage of HD rumble

How will Xenoblades 2 use it?
>>
>>381123809
https://uploadvr.com/miraisens-shows-off-3d-haptic-feedback-controller-at-gdc-with-mixed-results/
There's the company Nintendo got a contract with
>>
>>381125443
only thing I can think of is either a pulse system for action commands or cutscene feedback for a specific cutscene involving boob shake
>>
>>381123809
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6QmgkISgQI
>>
>>381124964
Normal rumble isn't very useful in normal gameplay either to be honest. There's some uses for it, but usually it's just. oh shit now the ground would shake because big boss jumped on the ground so let's make the controller rumble.

Always loved when there's custscene for example. You put the controller on the table then it goes apeshit because door opened or something.
>>
>pull trigger
>feel gun slide rack and rechamber bullet

>qte motion control section
>feel friction of rusty metal lever scraping against hinge

Mostly minigame uses i guess
>>
>>381123809
buzzwords. That's why. They're calling it "HD" because it's what every major tech company calls anything that's not what it was yesterday. It's really not even that much better. Definitely not worth the extra cost. I've use both of the controllers too. It's just irrelevant.
>>
File: 1496923189413.gif (2MB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
1496923189413.gif
2MB, 400x250px
>mfw vorgins thought this was going to emulate the feel of touching boobs because Takaki shitposted some garbage on Twitter
>>
>>381126061
How would you use rumble for gameplay? I usually turn it off first time I turn on a console.
>>
>>381129128
It's harder to think how you couldn't, it's feedback and gameplay can easily rely on it.
>>
>>381123809
Nintendos new gimmick tax to hike up controller costs by 20-30 dollars. Preez undustandu baka gaijin-san?
>>
>>381123809
Best use I've seen with it is in Mighty Gunvolt Burst. If you're using the Dowsing ability, it'll gradually pluse stronger as you get close to a breakable wall. If the wall is above and to the right of you, it'll pulse near the top of the right joycon. If you're right over it, both joycon will pulse towards the bottom.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.