[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/v/, I need help. I got a gratuitous cash boost for my birthday,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: C52iYwFXEAMcI0c.jpg (132KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
C52iYwFXEAMcI0c.jpg
132KB, 1200x900px
/v/, I need help.
I got a gratuitous cash boost for my birthday, and suddenly, the dream of owning a good laptop is within reach. But, Nintendo's really got games that I wish I could play. What do I do? Get a laptop or a Switch?

I got about 500, but might increase to 650 for budget. Hoping to get a copy of Overwatch and a mouse for accuracy, too.
>>
You memeing on us right?
>>
>>381123057

A laptop is more useful in everyday life. Playing Mario Kart on the toilet is not.
>>
Obviously the laptop. It's vastly more useful.

Sudden cash influx is always better spent on useful things rather than fun things.
>>
>>381123057
Get the laptop.

And in pic related, doesn't the Switch end up charging the MacBook?
>>
>>381123454
Yep.
>>
>>381123057
Laptop. Trust me. You know you will realize you made the right choice when you are using it.

I have nothing against the switch, but you should get a laptop.
>>
>>381123057
get the laptop, and then spend your time doing those online surveys for money, score a clean 1k, buy the switch and all its games and some snacks, ur welcum dewdie
>>
You could get both if you buy a Thinkpad from Ebay.
>>
>>381123286
>>381123454
>>381123740
>>381123792
OP here. Now that the choice is made, what laptop should I get, within the budget?

Note I'm a Brit(bong).
>>
>>381124073
oh, i cant help you there, i know nothing of tea powered laptops
>>
>>381124073
>£500 for a gaming laptop
I have bad news anon, computer stuff over here is really fucking expensive. You have no chance, save some money and get a desktop when you have about £700-800. Unless you're underage and have no income, which I'm guessing is the case
>>
>>381124471
Yeah, you're right. I'm looking for discounts and such.
>>
>>381125020
You're underage?
>>
>>381124073
get a used thinkpad
you are not going to get anything good new for 500 bucks
>>
>>381124073
Build a desktop and then buy a cheap ass laptop for doing whatever normalfag shit you do.
>>
You people don't even hide how underage you are anymore. Get a Switch, it's marketed right at your demographic.
>>
>>381125126
>>
>>381124073

Get a good laptop on finance, put the 500 pound aside to pay for it, and save alongside for when it runs out, 1000 will get you a decent "gaming" laptop but I'd strongly suggest you consider getting a desktop on finance if you want more for your money.
>>
>£500 budget for a laptop to run overwatch

Your fucked.
>>
>>381123057
Kinda depends on what you would use that laptop for besides gaming i guess.
>>
>>381126397
>(((financing))) luxury items
>>
>>381126767

If you're shit at saving but have a steady income, then why not?
>>
>>381124073
Just don't get an Macbook pro.
>>381123842
This.
>>
>>381126828
You should get better at saving then, it's a handy skill.
>>
>>381126397
How the fuck is he going to qualify for finance if he has no income or credit rating?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.