[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one do I play, /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: metroid prime.png (1MB, 768x360px) Image search: [Google]
metroid prime.png
1MB, 768x360px
Which one do I play, /v/?
>>
>>381117494
None, they are all weeaboo trash
>>
>>381117494
They wii u didnt get a physical release did it?
>>
>>381117494
If you have a Wii U, get the downloadable version. Despite having a few missing effects that were in the Gamecube games, it's honestly the best version of the game.
>>
Do you need a Wii remote to emulate 3? Or can you use a standard controller for that entry?
>>
The Japanese Wii versions of Pirme and Prime Echoes that have motion controls.
>>
>>381117730
No, mostly because the game doesn't exist though.
>>
>>381117948
Oh. I remember seeing it on the wii u virtual console. I dont know why i thought it got remastered for some reason. Me dum.
>>
GCN titles because fuck wagglan
>>
>Metroid Prime Trilogy HD
What.

I know they released the Trilogy as a digital release of a Wii game on the Wii U eShop, but it isn't HD. It's played exactly like it is on Wii.

Did I miss a HD rerelease?
>>
>>381117494
pirate the Wii U version
>>
>>381117661
fpbp
>>
>>381118929
My bad. I don't know if it's HD or not, but it's not listed as a Wii re-release. It's an "original" downloadable Wii U title.
>>
>>381117494
Download the Wii version and play it on Dolphin
>>
>>381119171

It's a Wii title available on the Wii U eShop, along with other Wii games.
>>
>>381119183
No thanks, anon. I have an actual Wii.
>>
>>381120521
Enjoy your 144p shootan then.
>>
>>381120717
Good bait, son, but it's 480p.
>>
>>381120521
Dolphin can be superior if you have a decent enough rig and a good controller (or wiimote+nunchuck and a bluetooth dongle if you go for the trilogy) but if for whatever reason you can't then give a try to both versions and decide for yourself which version is more comfortable to you.
I played both versions of prime 1 and while the wii version feel great for the feeling of freedom of eiimote aiming the gamr isn't exactly designed with that in mind and aiming can get anoying at times because of that, so I recommend the gamecube versions (also if you go for the wii version you are missing out on that sweet menu music).

Also take in mind that the wii versions have different names for the difficulty settings.
Wii normal = easy. Didn't existed on gc
Wii veteran = gc normal
Wii hypermode = gc hard
>>
File: shocked2.jpg (116KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
shocked2.jpg
116KB, 700x525px
>fps on a console
>>
>>381123490
Shut up, faggot.
>>
Am I the only one who prefers the controls in the GC versions? I tried the trilogy versions of 1 & 2, but it didn't feel quite as tight. Might just be used to the originals...
>>
How can I setup dolphin for 3? I have to play with keyboard, mouse, and/or game controller.
>>
>>381123830
I have no idea how you can prefer holding a button to aim to poiting the screen
>>
>>381124236
I'm not him, but I prefer the GC controls because the wii's aiming feels really floaty and imprecise, whereas when I'm holding the button I'm 100% locked on.
>>
>>381123490

It's using motion controls, which are really good for shooters

>>381123830

Understandable, luckily given how Nintendo handles games, Metroid Prime 4 will most likely have both motion and traditional
>>
>>381125219
>"lock-on is better than free aim"
>in a fucking FPS game
Why the fuck are these people allowed to have opinions?
>>
>>381120521
well get the wiiu rerelease at least then.
The WiiU has a better video output than the Wii, so it'll look very slightly better.
>>
File: metroid-prime-01.jpg (373KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
metroid-prime-01.jpg
373KB, 1920x1080px
>>381117494
The dolphin version in 1080p with a mouse and keyboard.
It's literally the only good way to play this game
>>
>>381125596
> The Prime series
> Designed like a traditional fps
lol
>>
>>381126035
The fact that it's more focused on exploration and platforming has absolutely fucking nothing to do with lock-on combat mechanics.
The combat is the same as in any other FPS.
>>
>>381118167
FPSs work great with the wiimote
>>
>>381125596
>Metroid Prime
>an FPS
It's a first person adventure, your aim isn't to slay monsters like a mad but to explore the world so a less complicated combar system is a good thing to not get in the way of the exploring.
>>
Play the original NA releases, unless you're some sort of casual.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.