[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Casual Filters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 14

ITT: Casual Filters
>>
What's the filter?
>>
>>381115647
dis nigga serious?
>>
>>381115873
the shitty controls
casuals just don't get that shit
2 deep bruh
>>
>>381115647
More like a patrician filter
>>
>>381115951
>He hasn't played akumu
>>
>>381116110
>shitty controls
>literally handles the same way dead space or re4 does

hmmm gets the noggin joggin'
>>
>>381115647
This game is as casual as Resident Evil. Every Mikami game is for casuals. Shit every game that exists is for "normies" and casuals. Really makes you think. Is there a single game that "casuals" don't enjoy? There is no such thing as a casual.
>>
File: ilikedit.png (60KB, 330x156px) Image search: [Google]
ilikedit.png
60KB, 330x156px
who /akumu/ here
how shit was the burning basement on akumu? REEEE
>>
>>381115873
Shit optimisation
>>
>>381116658
just platinumed the game, cant wait for 2.
>>381116535
>hasnt played akumu: the anon
>>
>>381116658
Burning basement on AKUMU made my dick grow three iches.
>>
>>381116658
it wouldnt have been as bad if the hit detection wasnt horrible. it was almost as bad as some of the worst bosses on ds1
>>
>>381118276
Problem with horror games is that you can't make the guns 1:1 accurate.

If you do, you get shit like Dead Space. Zero horror. Zero tension. Just a fucking power fantasy.
>>
>>381116437
yeah
like i said
shitty controls
>>
>>381118839
in hit detection i meant more zombies grabbing you

you could be 3 feet away, or well to its right out of arms reahc, and it would still grab you and instakill you

dont mind the aiming as much, since you had that crossbow that did alot of damage

also give me another dead space like game over another boring outlast/amensia snorefest
>>
>>381118947
>nu-v thinks dead space or re4 had bad controls now

damn
>>
>>381119000
Oh. That.

Yeah.
>>
>>381119112
They don't know shit. I remember the time where we had to aim using keyboard in RE4 PC version
>>
File: Silver_and_Gold.jpg (11KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
Silver_and_Gold.jpg
11KB, 240x240px
>>381115647
>>
>>381119396
i remember that version. the qte buttons for the boulder scene were on opposite sides of the keyboard.
>>
>>381116437

The thing about TEW is that it uses a crosshair instead of a laser sight (a physical indicator of where the shot will land) so in many occasions the crosshair is dead center on an enemy's head but because of their visual design with irregular heads, the crosshair doesn't really makes up for the depth and so you end up missing the shot
>>
File: not this shit again.jpg (11KB, 207x200px) Image search: [Google]
not this shit again.jpg
11KB, 207x200px
>Have a friend borrow me The evil within on PS4 a few days after it launched
>With that horrible camera and black bars fucking choking me and a lot of issues
>beat it, rate it 6/10 because of these technical nuisances, give it back.
>FF to this year's E3, see the trailer for TEW2, looks good, wanna give the game another chance, but no way I'm doing it on PS4.
>Remember reading the PC version was even worse, but read updated news saying the game was patched and that the black bars were removed and everything with the PC version was now great
>Buy the game yesterday, start playing today
>There's still fucking black bars and a lot of basic shit isn't customizable

What exactly did they patch?
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (12KB, 379x221px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
12KB, 379x221px
>>381115647
>muh artificial difficulty
>>
>>381120829
There is literally an option to remove black bars if you have the game on Steam.

You fucking retard.
>>
>>381120829
dumb frogposter everything you just typed is wrong
>>
>>381121080
>>381121260

I "removed" the black bars by a console command, there's no option in the menu to remove them.

And "remove" is in quotes because it literally didn't remove them, it just made them smaller. In fact whenever there's some "reduced" vision effect, I can see the top and bottom of the screen because the game doesn't bother to extend the effect into those areas because it believes the black bars are there covering the screen.
>>
File: 2015-02-25_00002.jpg (187KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-02-25_00002.jpg
187KB, 1920x1080px
>>381123138
>there's no option in the menu to remove them.
second option.
>>
File: DropKick.jpg (681KB, 1936x1868px) Image search: [Google]
DropKick.jpg
681KB, 1936x1868px
>>381116658
I'm 68 hours in and almost finished with Akumu play through. Going to try the 5 hours achievement once I'm finished. I love the game and can't wait for the sequel.
>>
>>381123393
I shit you not it literally makes them bigger when I disable it and it seems its just zooming in the camera.
>>
File: mikami shoots you.jpg (21KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
mikami shoots you.jpg
21KB, 400x300px
>>381116535
>Every Mikami game is for casuals.
You clearly didn't play Godhand, Vanquish or TEW on their hardest difficulties.
>>
>>381116658
Playing through it for the second time, did it on X1 and now on 360. It's not as hard as I remember though I haven't got to chapter 6 yet.
>>
This a joke? The game is literally designed to give casuals a cinematic experience.
>>
The filter was me was bullshit 1 hit deaths combined with awful loadtimes.

The woman boss fight being followed by the big mutant fuckwit in the car park was just too much for me.
>>
what's the worst thing(s) about this game?
>>
>>381115647
Evil With was a game made for casuals.
https://youtu.be/nmsiQJjVY2w
>>
>>381124607

The idea that good survival horror is screaming assholes and 1 hit kills.
>>
File: 1488571624063.jpg (190KB, 790x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1488571624063.jpg
190KB, 790x1000px
If it wasn't id tech, memetextures, mess of a port easely would be 10/10 game. I would even consider replacing my yearly DS2 playthroughs with it, but oh well.
>>
>>381124607
The utter disappointment when you realize how shit it is after waiting for years before you upgraded you PC to play it.
Fortunately by than it was dirst cheap.

My poor 5700 just couldnt handle it.
>>
>>381124810
they say the game is running fine now
>>
>>381115647
did you mean 'casual magnets' ?
>>
>>381124607
It lacks a real level of polish thanks to what I assume is unfamiliarity with idtech. It feels like its about to fall apart at the seems at any given moment, like when you see props jittering about and the white seams between textures.

There are just far too many areas that have one hit kill enemies with really dodgy collision detection where your asked to avoid them and solve some sort of environmental puzzle at the sametime, which is terribly sign-posted.

It never once settles into a nice gameplay loop, its constantly changing its own rules and styles some of which are really fucking terrible. The horizontal lift in the city with zombies shooting guns at you, the throw away swimming part, the entire first village segment that never once re-appears, avoiding the Ruvik ghosts.
>>
>>381124810
It's not a bad port. Framerate drops are worse in consoles. Don't know about the PS4 Pro after they patched it.
>>
File: p4-yosuke-shades-750.png (202KB, 640x300px) Image search: [Google]
p4-yosuke-shades-750.png
202KB, 640x300px
>>381115647
When I first played it I found interesting that you couldnt kill the huge guy, so at the part where you have to use the chainsaw I though, "Wow maybe I have to lure him to cut the chain, perhaps this game has some strategy to it after all!" After failing to do this and realizing you have to kill him thats when I realized it was going to be another third person snoozefest.
>>
File: 1234567890-.jpg (43KB, 331x406px) Image search: [Google]
1234567890-.jpg
43KB, 331x406px
>>381125397
>It never once settles into a nice gameplay loop, its constantly changing its own rules and styles some of which are really fucking terrible.
It's called level variety. It's done so you're not just doing the same thing through out the game and shaking up the foundation. It's something games use to do back in the day before they all became repetitive and safe bullshit. It also makes levels more memorable.

Also the lift is easy as fuck and last less than a couple of minutes. And Ruvik impersonators show up more depending on the difficulty and even then there's plenty of shit in past Mikami games just like that. Fucking enemies that are only in in one area of the game like Chimeras in RE or playing as Ashley in RE4. Mikami is one of the few game designers that still understand that old game design mentally. He did the same in with certain levels in vanquish. I wish more people were like that but instead you get games that play the same way throughout the whole game and you don't have to fucking think and just put your brain on autopilot.
>>
File: mike-ross-05.png (182KB, 394x480px) Image search: [Google]
mike-ross-05.png
182KB, 394x480px
>>381126443
>"Wow maybe I have to lure him to cut the chain, perhaps this game has some strategy to it after all!" After failing to do this and realizing you have to kill him thats when I realized it was going to be another third person snoozefest.
There's multiple strategies to killing him. Same with most enemies in the game. You can even stealth kill,but you gave up fast and just decided to base your whole judgement on a game without even learning about it. You are what is wrong with people that play games today.
>>
>>381126704
None of it is even slightly cohesive though, everything in previous Mikami titles fit thematically and in terms of freshening the gameplay. RE4 sets out its amazing core gameplay loop first and then moves off onto tangents, the same with Vanquish. You get players familiar with what the main game is going to be about first and foremost and then you go on to surprise and shock them. The Evil Within felt like so many ideas thrown at a wall and running out of time. So many wasted opportunities all the way through the game.

Then you add on massive load times, wasting your fucking time in the mental ward transition area. Having to listen to Lesley. Really worried about the second game being directed by the guy that did the DLC as well, that was an idea ran right into the fucking ground.
>>
File: seal.jpg (36KB, 620x397px) Image search: [Google]
seal.jpg
36KB, 620x397px
>>381126704
>>381127318
>>
>>381115647
Burning Matches: the game
>>
>>381125397
>It never once settles into a nice gameplay loop, its constantly changing its own rules and styles some of which are really fucking terrible

like what?

>The horizontal lift in the city with zombies shooting guns at you, the throw away swimming part, the entire first village segment that never once re-appears, avoiding the Ruvik ghosts.

oh, you mean different levels and setpieces which consistently stay within the games mechanics and styles. levels.

ok
>>
>>381115647
After chapter 9 the game becomes shit because the game just throws enemies at you and basically goes full Resident Evil.
>>
>people complain about TEW being too easy
>mikami literally put a difficulty in with instant deaths, 3 bullets in the whole game and two times as many enemies and health
>akumu? whats that?
>>
>>381127552
>consistently stay within the games mechanics and styles. levels.

Sneaking through the village at the start of the game. Escaping from the spider in the bus.

Get fucked.
>>
>>381127914
>Sneaking through the village at the start of the game
optional. you dont ever have to sneak past the first chapter (ill agree, that right there is bad design, but thats it.)

as for the spider, it still stays within its rules. dodge bad guy attack, shoot, repeat.
>>
>>381128081
Its commendable that they shoved in so many different sequences but so many of them just don't work and overstay their welcome, unlike say the insects in the Castle sewers of RE4, or the IT boss battle there are too many sequences like the Big Boners fights in Shadow of the Damned. Those simply being in the game does not make the game better. In fact it makes everything more frustrating because it never makes it clear when your meant to be fighting, or sneaking or running. Its usually down to a death and then trying again. Which means sitting though another long loading screen and possibly being shunted back in progress thanks to the pretty crap auto saves.
>>
>>381127429
Playing as Ashley or fighting the lake boss is not in the core of the gameplay just completely out of left field. And there's things like breaking up shoot outs for traversing through potential death in giant tubes for one whole, only to never do it again in Vanquish. Everything that happens in the Evil within is there from the start. You never had to play the game slower or used Stealth outside of the tutorial. Sounds more like you made up what you thought the game should be like in your head instead accepting it as what it is.

Also load times depend on the platform. Fast on pc.
>>
>>381127318
I actually beat the game, my complaint isnt how you can kill it, my complaint is that you have to kill it. Also, I don't hate the game, It's just that I expected a horror game, not RE4 with the last of us gameplay.
>>
>>381128770
>Its usually down to a death and then trying again.
ah yes, video games.
>>
>>381115647
Every Monster Hunter except World
>>
>>381124607
The voice acting is garbage and the game goes schizophrenic and switches from horror to action movie.
>>
>>381124646

>Youtube gamer x played it!

By that standard every horror game is for casuals.
>>
>>381129113
You are complaining that you had to kill a boss?
>>381128770
>its usually down to a death and then trying again.
Isn't that case for most games? Remember before the Internet when you had to figure out how to beat a boss from trying shit out and you couldn't just kill it in one try?
>>
>>381115647
horribly underrated game
>>
>>381129724
it became cool to shit on because it wasnt muh pure survival horror when it was literally just that

it was literally too faithful to what it promised, everyone just forgot what survival horror was a decade ago. it was punishing as sin and hard on akumu, unforgiving at parts if you didnt know what to do, and most areas had different ways to defeat enemies.

not that i dont acknowledge a few misteps like shitty upgrade systems though
>>
>>381127864
I am playing on medium and absolutelly fuvk garage boss I have no bullets left and it seems too hard to go from cover collecting ammo
>>
Is the game actually playable on the base PS4 now? The framerate is just terrible. I know they gave got the option to get rid of the black bars but if I remember right that just made the FPS even worse.
>>
>>381130121
crossbow

also i think on that one theres a shitload of parts and ammo in crates and the little rooms, just be careful you have to grab everything from the rooms because the thing smashes the entrance and you cant go back in anymore
>>
>>381115647
Thank god we got RE7
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.