[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Persuade me not to buy this, please.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 11

File: header.jpg (41KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
41KB, 460x215px
Persuade me not to buy this, please.
>>
it sucks
>>
buy and have fun for a week or two
>>
>>381109434
Anime tiddies
>>
If you buy it i will kill your entire family, rape their corpses, shit on their graves, burn your fucking house down and break your legs so you'll never walk again
>>
>>381110747
It's a Korean MMO that looks flashy but is actually garbage. You know on an instinctual level that it's trash and you should avoid it. Don't ignore your instincts.
>>
>>381110747
Interesting combat system, but absolutely braindead PvE.
>>
>>381110747
If you buy this we're not friends anymore.
>>
>>381110747
Only fun with friends. Do you have friends anon? Single players will just grind and get zoned by larger groups claiming farm. Voice acting is fucking horrible too.
>>
>>381110784
fpbp

/thread

#rekt
>>
Tera plays better and has better looking girls with their fancy slutty armors, but far smaller tits.
>>
File: 2017-01-09_6129260.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-09_6129260.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>381110747
Don't buy it
>>
>>381111362
I've heard there's really nothing to do with friends ingame.
>>
File: 1390197720821.png (434KB, 571x540px) Image search: [Google]
1390197720821.png
434KB, 571x540px
Guy who spent the better part of the month with BDO

Here's the big flaws with the game:

1. The market place is pure communism. Prices are set by devs. No matter how big of a demand there is for an item and no supply. It will only sell for what devs say it sells for. As a result, there is never anything on the market you want and you almost always gave to just get things yourself. Oh and if you do want to buy something you cant bid on it. Instead you enter a raffle and RNG decides if you get the item or if one of the auction house bots gets it.

2. Crafting. There is almost nothing you can craft in the game for yourself. most stuff goes through 'workers' who craft things for you. And to add to this. 99% of the time an item is worth far less than the sum of all its parts. So you end up in a materials market where you cant get the materials you want

3. No endgame. Endgame in BDO consists of pvp battles for nodes. The problem with PVP is even against equally geared enemies. PVP is a case of getting stunlocked then one shot. Your enemy will never have enough life for you to fully execute a combo.

4 Pay to win -. In my opinion, its not actually pay to win. but I have some degree of tolerance for this stuff. the most broken stuff you will find on the cash shop are pets that loot for you and outfits for life skills. but no matter how you slice it. You can use real money to purchase ingame advantages that you cannot get outside of the cash shop. Some will argue that you can get them on the auction house but you have a 1 in a million chance of winning the auction
>>
>>381111463
I already played Tera. It's another generic brain-dead mmo.
>>
>>381111552
that is the most speshul snowflake /vg/ prison gay tranny screenshot ive ever seen
>>
>>381110747
It has abysmal performance and the only good thing going for it is a fairly robust character creation tool with over 20lbs of pussy and ass.

Also boob, butt and thigh jiggle physics.
>>
It has the pretense of a sandbox MMO but is actually a themepark with a bunch of single player minigames attached. Everything from gathering nodes to houses is instanced and there is no player trading beyond the auction house, which is heavily controlled to the point where you can't even try to use it to make a deliberate exchange with your friends.

The combat will also fail to pose any significant challenge before the cap where you're finally forced to group up.
>>
File: 55B0312D4771B20014.jpg (461KB, 612x3272px) Image search: [Google]
55B0312D4771B20014.jpg
461KB, 612x3272px
>>381111708
t. BDOG poster
>>
>>381110747
Its f2p.

Amazing mmo. But don't bother if you are an American or too influenced by Western culture you will not understand it.
>>
>falling for the corean mmo meme
>>
Gonna buy it once it's on xbone
>>
File: 1481769471132.png (38KB, 499x338px) Image search: [Google]
1481769471132.png
38KB, 499x338px
>>381111972
>f2p
>costs money to start playing
>>
If I'm going to be grinding either way regardless of whether it's XIV or BD, I might as well do it in a game where I can make good looking characters and that has a fun fishing minigame, right?
>>
File: 1344176901527.jpg (578KB, 3840x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1344176901527.jpg
578KB, 3840x2400px
>>381110747
I play BDO and I will try to give it an unbiased yet honest review:

The combat looks good at first, but isn't that great. Especially PvE, which is impossible to die in. There is no challenge in the game as far as PvE goes. There is no end game PvE content. There are no dungeons or instances or raids. The content in the end game consists of life skills to increase your money or PvP to increase your money. The game is poorly balanced with Wizards, Witches, Warriors, Sorcerers, and Dark Knights reigning supreme.

The game does not tell you much or explain anything to you, despite being extremely complex. No aspect of the game is simple. For example, your horse mount: You have a horse mount but it's not just as simple as that. Your horse needs to be fed carrots or it stops working. It has HP of its own and can be attacked. You can't leave it in an area or else it will be attacked and die. You have a horse riding skill that levels up and increases performance. At the same time your horse also has a level of its own and increases its performance. On top of those 2 leveling systems your horse also has an innate tier from 1 to 8 that affects performance heavily. The only way to get a high tier horse is to breed horses which destroys the female horse and has a small change to produce a higher horse. But to breed you have to level up both horses to the max level to have a better chance to get a higher tier offspring. And then when you get the higher tier offspring you need to level it up for better performance. Your horse also has skills that can be used and not every high tier horse has desirable skills. How much of this does the game explain to you? None. You figure it out for yourself. In the past, GMs have explained game mechanics to players and been corrected by players who had video proof that they were wrong. In short, nobody knows how the game works not even officials.

Continued:
>>
>>381110747
I played it for about a month, it's fun to try the classes out. Endgame is non-existant tho
>>
>>381110747
You can't leave this game for a week and come back to it. The combat system gets too complicated, and you have far too much to remember. All classes are gender locked for some retarded reason. The graphics are nice, though. I haven't played it enough to give a proper review. These are just from me playing for a few weeks.
>>
>>381112929
Holy shit why did they fuck up horse riding this bad.
It should literally be just buying a fucking horse and mounting it
>>
Is the fishing in BDO fun? Can I go sail out into the ocean for 30 mins and find a rare fishing spot? Are there hundreds of different fish I can find with really rare ones?

Does the game have rare mobs or otherwise special mobs I can try to hunt down or farm for cool unique loot?

Can I gank low level players in the open leveling zones and have them bitch at me in whispers or zone chats?
>>
>>381113381
>It should literally be just buying a fucking horse and mounting it

You can absolutely do that
>>
File: 20081002055-500x283.jpg (29KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
20081002055-500x283.jpg
29KB, 500x283px
>>381112929
Jesus christ, anon...
>>
File: 1146878855id5628gol1.jpg (49KB, 640x320px) Image search: [Google]
1146878855id5628gol1.jpg
49KB, 640x320px
This game does everything BDO with none of the flaws

It comes out next month
>>
>>381111940
ive been in bdog all of once so i guess you got me
>>
File: 1466233033915.jpg (82KB, 1417x781px) Image search: [Google]
1466233033915.jpg
82KB, 1417x781px
>>381113697
>top-down
>>
File: v e n u s.jpg (80KB, 1024x913px) Image search: [Google]
v e n u s.jpg
80KB, 1024x913px
>>381110747
>>381112929
Your character has dozens of skills, levels, and resources. You must juggle Energy, Knowledge, Contribution Points, Silver, Inventory space, Workers, Worker Hunger, Storage space, and more. Also, if you deposit money or items at one town, it stays there and you cannot access it from other towns. In order to transfer items from town to town you need to activate and connect Nodes and then pay a transfer fee. The combat consists of skills that all have unique properties that you must know by heart. You must learn all of these things about other classes you aren't even playing to be competitive. Also many classes have a second (or even third) resource system that builds with certain attacks. Sorcerers manage HP, Mana, Soul Shards, ultimate meter, and combos at the same time. You must learn which specific attacks build each individual resource and which specific attacks make maximum use of that resource. Also classes like Sorcerer and Striker work on a combo system and you must learn all of their combos to fight correctly. Some classes have animation cancelling that you must learn & the game doesn't tell you about it because it's a glitch. For example you need to use Block -> Spin attack to play Sorcerer or else you might as well not play Sorcerer.

Are you feeling overwhelmed? That's BDO. I have only described 3% of the things you need to play the game at a basic level. Again, the game does not explain a single iota of this to the player and it is poorly translated from korean, very poorly voice acted, and the Black Spirit is annoying with no way to mute his voice.

What's good about the game: It's sandbox and you can do whatever you want. It's like runescape. If you want to be a life skiller you can, if you want to be a PvP god you can. However, no PvE as I have mentioned.

I am hoping that Ashes of Creation will be a good MMO. You should wait until that game comes out.
>>
>>381113598
Not really. You still have to feed it and manage it. If you want to be one of the best players you need a fast horse, there isn't really another option. A tier 3 horse will not do. You can skip the breeding system if you are willing to spend 50 million on a tier 8 which isn't really that much money but I wanted to use horses as an example because it is one of the simpler systems in the game and it is still needlessly complex. That is the essence of BDO. If you like that then play BDO. If you are sane then don't play BDO. Again, the game does not explain or tell you anything about the game so new players struggle extremely hard to catch on.
>>
File: 1490178644759.jpg (114KB, 611x593px) Image search: [Google]
1490178644759.jpg
114KB, 611x593px
>>381112929
>>381114129
I should also mention that PvE consists of pressing the same button repeatedly on every class, especially Wizard, Witch, and Dark Knight.

Grinding is not an option. This is a korean MMO and if you want to play this game you must spend at least 30 hours a week just grinding, which as I have just described consists of pressing 1 button repeatedly on weak mobs that offer no challenge. Dark Knight is a particularly braindead grinder as it needs just 1 button to grind and you don't even have to care about the cooldown of the skill because you can use the spell repeatedly even when it's cooling down. The spell casts a giant AoE that has an obnoxiously huge animation and takes up 3/4 of your screen and does massive damage. I would not be shocked if someone with epilepsy died from grinding with Dark Knight because the skill hurts your eyes after you look at it for 5 minutes. Keep in mind you will be doing this for hours per day.
>>
>>381114296
>Go to horse market
>Buy top tier horse
>Ride it

Wow that was hard.
>>
>>381114665
Like I just said, I described horse management because it's a very simple system as far as the game goes but it's still extremely complex and the game doesn't tell you about it. Just because you can buy out of 1 of the complex systems of the game doesn't mean you can buy out of the other 57 complex systems in the game that are necessary to play it. I only used horses as an example because mounts are fairly simple in other MMOs and the stark difference between the complexity of the MMO convention compared to what BDO does is a recurring theme that you will notice throughout the game.
>>
>>381115447
Thats part of the draw for a lot of people

>Seperate banks
>Inventory has weight
>Money has weight
>The Node system in general
>Energy system

But its nothing a few minutes in youtube can't handle. Such is the price of a game with depth. not everyone is smart enough to pick it up and go
>>
>>381110747

The only reason people want to play this is for virtual tits and SecondLife does that better.
>>
>>381116080
secondlife doesn't look nearly as good and barely meets the minimum requirements to be called a video game
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.