[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the official reason for wow to have shit armours?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: p-gsOq8ssGM.jpg (74KB, 653x654px) Image search: [Google]
p-gsOq8ssGM.jpg
74KB, 653x654px
Serious question, if you look for mods based on warcraft, fans make far better models that I bet almost everyone playing wow would rather preffer, or either have at least the option ot have "classic" designs avaible to them, be it cloth, leather, mail or plate.
>>
File: i6kNbZzW2k0.jpg (714KB, 2560x1378px) Image search: [Google]
i6kNbZzW2k0.jpg
714KB, 2560x1378px
I mean, for all the awesome arts depicting human footman, even the ones ingame or custom you can try to make, they won't look as nice a something like this
>>
Visually distinctive at a glance
>>
File: 350130-sepik.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
350130-sepik.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>381109084
>>
>>381108553
Spandex armor is easier to make i guess
>>
File: QlEyHezWQLY.jpg (708KB, 2560x1378px) Image search: [Google]
QlEyHezWQLY.jpg
708KB, 2560x1378px
>>381109143
but doesn't make sense, even people said it about races, and today we have pands and enemy players can have the same exact set of armour and weapon and the name and red colour showing its an enemy is what you have.

Can you say something like this wouldn't be distinct enough?
>>
>>381108553
I think they just had to keep trying to escalate the gear each time and it got out of hand, that's basically wow in a nutshell now. Eventually you keep upping the ante until you jump the shark. And you can't go backwards with a fanbase as whiny as wows
>>
File: Artanis[1].jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Artanis[1].jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>381108553
WoW is an age old game. Armor is mostly textures, the only real "models" that armor provided were for helmets and for shoulders. Everything else was just a texture. Gloves and boots as exception, but even they were just different textures for the same 3 models. You can't really change that after all these years without having to redo everything, and WoW is a massive game.

Armor went through sort of a "power creep" over the years, and with only the shoulders and helmet being actual models, they had to be bigger and fancier than whatever came previously. With some really phoned-in set designs the window of what was aesthetically acceptable got pushed more and more to the extreme. Seems like their artstyle has adapted to this, since it carries over to their other games aswell sometimes.
>>
>>381108553
Because WoW's design team only cares about shoulder pads, the bigger they are, the higher your armor tier is.
>>
>>381108553
do you realize in what quantities they have to make them
also most of them are just reskinned textures
>>
>>381108553
I dont know. In case of vanilla they had to design thousands of items and each had to have a variation based on race and sex. They had to make some compromises and made it cheaply. Most didnt even have a model just a plain texture painted on a character. With later expansions they didnt want to put extra effort I guess since people will eat anything if you put fancy particle effects on it anyway
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.