[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why won't multiplat senpai notice me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 1495608288346.jpg (80KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1495608288346.jpg
80KB, 1200x800px
Why won't multiplat senpai notice me?
>>
because you are, on a hardware level, an entire generation behind and no dev wants to make an xbox 360/ps3 port of their fancy new graphics do they
>>
File: 1485895144855.jpg (2MB, 4545x2410px) Image search: [Google]
1485895144855.jpg
2MB, 4545x2410px
>He buys Nintendo hardware for multiplats
>>
>>381107358
>1080p 60fps
Last gen
>>
>>381108063
last gen was better than this gen :^)
>>
>Gets Rocket League and Minecraft
>gets cross network play with PC and Xbone
>Sony shooting themselves in the foot 3 times this week
>damage control at a all time high
>>
>>381108063
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhoiGxl6bnE

kek you fucking wish your actual tablet could run at 1080p 60 fps, my mobile phone has more power
>>
>>381107113
Because multiplat senpai likes popular consoles
>>
>>381107113
Because require devs with some level of competence to program on your last Gen hardware. Because most multiplat companies are running on a Hollywood style business strategy. More spectacle less story/gameplay all run through focus groups and pr firms to make sure the hype is high.
>>
>>381107460
nice cherry picking

How's that full price port of Mario Kart treating you?
>>
>>381107113
Costs, resources, trying to hurt it.
>>
>>381107113
You're a Nintendo console, the library always ends up below average.
>>
>>381107113
Because you don't need multiplats, your autistic fanbase can't wait to buy the 4256th sequel to your 4 games
>>
>>381108181
Probably because Sony doesn't want Sony users making Xbox Live accounts like they are forcing on Switch users.
>>
>>381108842
>"The Wii U was a blunder, nobody bought one and nobody played the games on it"
>"Wow fucking Nintendo porting Wii U games to the Switch, what a bunch of hacks"
Decide.
>>
>>381109941
But those aren't in anyway conflicting statements. Both are true.
>>
>>381108294
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe runs 1080p 60 fps. Post your phone specs
>>
>>381110171
Does it really matter? There were tons of PS3 ports to the PS4 to pad its library when it had a bad drought at the beginning. But who gives a fuck?
>>
>>381109941
You're trying to argue with Sonyfags who defended a port of a year old game and claimed "Not everyone played it!"
>>
>begs for dbfz
what did they mean by this?
>>
>>381110303
>the port of this 3 year old game runs at 1080p 60 fps

PAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA so this is the power of the nintentoddler switch
>>
>>381110390
>Developer says "if there's an interest we'll put it on the switch"
>Nintendo fans voice that they have in interest
>These fucking Nintendo fans are begging haha
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>381110338
Yeah, I think all the remasters for year old games were total bullshit aswell.
Worse when the """new""" versions came to PC and expected me to pay them for a patch that gives barely any noticeable improvements and often made it worse.
>>
>>381110636
Why do you care though? If you already bought the game just don't buy it and the people who haven't played it can buy it instead.

Might as well get used to it because I think consoles having long dry spells at the beginning of their life cycles is the new normal. Games are a lot more expensive and take a lot longer to develop now so I think porting games from previous consoles will become standard practice.
>>
>>381107358

I don't get why people get so hung on power with the Switch.

It's more powerful than the Wii U, but in a portable for factor. Getting that level of graphics on the go is really fucking impressive when you actually get the thing in your hands. It also presents a huge leap in graphical fidelity when you compare it to both of it's predecessors, the 3DS and Vita respectively, the last Nintendo one running at a measly 240p. Being able to use HDMI out and continue playing on your TV to get a console-esque experience out of the deal is just an added bonus on what is basically the greatest dedicated gaming handheld device ever put on the market. The only real issue I have with the Switch is the battery life being a tad weaker that I'd ideally like, but it's still par for the course with it's contemporaries and will probably be addressed with the inevitable revision.

Is it keeping it from getting lazy multiplatform ports? Probably, but it presents an interesting opportunity for potential mid-budget games/exclusives that would have found their home on the 3DS/Vita last generation. It might turn out to be the new hotspot for games that don't have the resources to put graphics at the forefront, using the adaptable nature of the Switch to their advantage as a selling point instead.

Is it more niche? Yeah. Will it work out? Only time will tell.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.