[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

File: discover-console.png (177KB, 1037x495px) Image search: [Google]
discover-console.png
177KB, 1037x495px
What went wrong??
>>
Everything
>>
>>381099091
marketed as a console rather than android machine, there's a SHITLOAD of consoles like this on the market but no one cares because they weren't marketed to compete with consoles

www.gpdxd.com is probably the best kind of android console you can get
>>
>>381099091
still way better than the vita
>>
>>381099091
it was useless
android games can be played on tv without this piece of plastic
>>
How well does it work as an android TV set top?
>>
>>381099173
fpbp
>>
>>381099229
bad because it have its own shitty launcher
>>
>>381099224
Except the vita had games.
>>
File: Capture.png (2KB, 246x30px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
2KB, 246x30px
>>381099194

>Android game: about 8-9 hours; emulator games: about 8-11 hours- Battery life depends on the brightness of the screen. Life is only a reference. There are differences with the reference to the actual situation.

>Life is only a reference.
>>
>>381099091

I don't even know what that is... failed advertising is what went wrong then...
>>
The fact that you can count the number of worthwhile Android exclusives on one hand. Well, I can't, but someone can.
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 766x413px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 766x413px
>my roommate paid $200 for this shit and other stupid perks while claiming he couldn't pay an extra 5-10 bucks a month for our place to be warmer than 59 fucking degrees during the winter
>>
I still love the sad fat guy unboxing video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY5yG2KyQfM
>>
>>381099332
I bought mine off that site, you can contact the dude on their facebook page its legit

it also runs Shield games like Hotline Miami
>>
>>381099091
People kickstarted it because they thought that tiny-ass box could run Skyrim and Call of Duty. It came out, and instead of using the Google Play store or some other existing Android market it had its own marketplace. Most of the games were either crappy abandonware, fancy wallpapers, or ports of games already on Steam. Not to mention your phone could already run these games, and their CEO was completely clueless about how the gaming industry works

Sales were nonexistent and they were bought out by Razer.

>>381099224
The PS TV is probably the single best microconsole out there considering its lower price relative to the Vita and that you can still put all its CFW in it
>>
>>381099415
It's the Ouya. It failed so bad it should be put in the "hall of videogame shame".

Here's all you need to know about the Ouya in one video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTqhyHuKVKA
>>
>>381099532

I remember they got kicked out of the E3 parking lot when they tried to setup a tent since they weren't allowed inside
>>
>>381099091
It was a concept that was dead on arrival the day it was even ANNOUNCED. Normies and journalist fucking retards that don't know jack shit about technology or development ate up the marketing by telling everyone it was going to be anything but a gigantic failure.
>>
>>381099635
Apparently they didn't apply for booth space in the convention itself, and couldn't operate in the parking lot without a separate permit from either the E3 folks or the city.
>>
>>381099173
fpbp
>>
it was ahead of its time
>>
>>381099173
+1
crap from the get go
>>
Nothing

>literally play my Ouya everyday
>tfw playing best exclusives like Super Crate Box
>tfw pay almost nothing for electicity bc power efficiency through the roof
>tfw you know deep inside your console is superior

Any other fans of the true winner of the console wars here?
>>
>>381099635
They didn't get kicked out of the lot, but ESA did rent a bunch of semi trailers and walled off their stall from public view.
>>
Rocco from Mega 64 urinating on his is still one of the funniest things ever
>>
>>381099091
Phones have no games worth playing.
>>
>people still buy shit from kickstarter after the Ouya and Mighty No. 9 fiascos
Fucking why?
>>
>>381099091
Hmmm. Why don't people want to play Android game on big ass TV?
>>
File: 1427236647357.gif (124KB, 590x333px) Image search: [Google]
1427236647357.gif
124KB, 590x333px
>>381099302
>Except the vita had games.
>>
>>381100030
because we get gold like shovel knight too.
/thread, fpbp
>>
File: 1497650387123.jpg (42KB, 619x411px) Image search: [Google]
1497650387123.jpg
42KB, 619x411px
who /ouya/ here?
>>
>>381099091
Fuck me that controller makes me sick to my stomach
>>
To put this into perspective; would you buy a product from a person who claims that the fan inside the console is one of its defining features?
>>
>>381099628

Holy fucking shit is this real life?

What a clueless, insufferable cunt she was, could you imagine working for her?
>>
>>381099091
Business wise, nothing went wrong. They made a bunch of money off kickstarter, took the money, and sold the company.

Concept wise, stuff like the Switch demonstrates that a 'console' built with an Nvidia supplied SOC can work and can handle the kind of AAA games that people wanted.

Practically though, it had nothing over a Raspberry Pi for the market they were shooting for.
>>
File: ouya faggot.jpg (50KB, 1079x312px) Image search: [Google]
ouya faggot.jpg
50KB, 1079x312px
> there are anons on /v/ that backed it and will defend it to their last breath
>>
>>381099091
everything
>>
File: ouya sticks.png (361KB, 960x1079px) Image search: [Google]
ouya sticks.png
361KB, 960x1079px
>>381100205
>the Stradivarius of controllers
This is how the possible stick values would chart onto a 2D plane. They did fix it with a firmware update, but it still took quite a while.
>>
File: 20170619_104513.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170619_104513.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>381100092
Reporting in
>>
>>381100072
I only kickstart boardgames and figurines because 99% of the time they just want money for manufactoring/shipping.
>>
It was a decent idea executed in possibly the worst way imaginable. Having a little box that you can just upgrade whenever as opposed to buying a new little box was a brilliant idea.
>>
60 BUCKS??
>>
>>381103068
I COULD HAVE BOUGHT FOOD
>>
>>381099091
>take outdated smartphone dev-board
>put it into plastic box
>add cheap gamepad

There was no reason whatsoever to buy this. It was cheap android phone hardware that you had to plug into your TV. Literally the only people who bought it were idiots who believed they could play Skyrim on android and Youtubers.
>>
>>381105249
>idiots who believed they could play Skyrim on android

Well that's not that idiotic since Skyrim is getting released for the Switch which is a built with a slightly more modern Tegra SOC and uses the same graphics API modern Android games use Vulkan.
>>
The "wish list" from backers was one of the funniest things ever.
>>
It actually wasn't bad if you didn't buy into the hype. If you understood what it was. Which was a phone hardware stuffed running droid for your living room television.

But at the time people bought into the hype of it being a console revolution that could rival the big name hardware developers. One that could run Call of Duty and Skyrim without the hardware pricetag. Those people were dumb and got tricked.

There is still a market for these sort of devices. One that Nintendo tapped into recently with the NES mini, which can be easily hacked to host hundreds of games. A market that the guy holding the french dude holding the Atari brand is looking looking to tap into next year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WNsmCpdhhY

People are getting so excited over that thing. Again just like the Ouya revolution. When we all know it's gonna be another underpowered toy console but this time with wood paneling. Don't buy into the hype. This has all happened before.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTqhyHuKVKA

"How many have you sold?"
"A lot"
>>
>>381108464
>the guy holding the french dude holding the Atari brand
meant the french dude holding the atari brand. Not the guy holding the french dude.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.