[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: nieratomato.jpg (109KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
nieratomato.jpg
109KB, 500x707px
Can we have a Nier appreciation thread?
>>
>>381094169
>tfw no DLC announcement at E3
t-time to read the concert scripts
>>
Does there need to be a sequel?
>>
File: 1360451872911.png (15KB, 510x546px) Image search: [Google]
1360451872911.png
15KB, 510x546px
>That feel when I'm shamelessly just here for Platinum combat and toobee's but
>>
I want more of Taro + Platinum combination
>>
What the fuck I just got ending H after an hour of playing what did I do
>>
someone please make a webm of 2B's fighting stance after you attack with knuckle weapons, thank you
>>
File: f.png (1MB, 1017x572px) Image search: [Google]
f.png
1MB, 1017x572px
Can you truly say you understood and enjoyed Nier: Automata if you didn't comprehend it on so many intellectual layers as Kastel-sama?

>Yokoo Tarou’s Eternal Recurrence: Transhumanism in NieR: Automata
https://tanoshimi.xyz/2017/03/21/violet-evergarden-spoilers/
>>
Is the main character actually named Nier?
>>
I beat Gestalt recently. Should I bother with Replicant?
>>
>>381095959
yes, but he doesn't appear in automata
>>
>>381094705
>>381094730
I would rather there not be any continuation or expansion of the Nier universe at this point
Automata served it's purposed perfectly and everything left unsaid or alluded to feels better left that way

time to Taro to make a new mythology from scratch
or build one from one of the 20 joke endings of Automata
>>
>>381095035

This in a different universe
>>
>>381096216
Does he appear at all?
>>
Just finished Nier Gestalt.

It's very overrated. All the interesting stuff happens in books between the games or in documents. All the good songs from the OST are in Automata's already. Very hamfisted execution of major events. Kaine is killed like 4 times and doesn't die. Why the fuck does anyone care about Emil's sacrifice? He's a nobody blind kid that you accidentally stumble upon and who does nothing all game. Then he magically merges with his sister's body and becomes a skellington. 2 lines later, before he can even look at himself in a mirror, and he has a body image complex. How do you expect me to take this seriously? Do you know what pacing is? Nothing to be emotionally invested in except Yonah. Oh no Devola and Popola, the two who gave me some fetch quests and otherwise sit around all day, betrayed me. Unexpected (or would be if I wasn't spoiled) but not really anything outside the norm for a JRPG.
>>
>>381096942
Nier takes place in the 2010s - 3500s

Nier Automata takes place in 11500s

so no.
>>
>>381096942
He appears in automata in a textlog, referenced as the first successful patient of project gestalt.
>>
File: nier-automata-04-17-17-3.jpg (509KB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
nier-automata-04-17-17-3.jpg
509KB, 1920x1920px
>>381096942
At least one character in Automata is explicitly based on data about Nier
While another character might be an android based on his personality data
>>
>>381096216
>Implying he doesn't
>Implying the ghost of humanity that forms the basis for N2 and the human data on the moon that forms your player data aren't Nier Automata
>>
>>381096806
they compliment each other very well, and like they say, you don't change a winning team
>>
>>381097056
Also to anyone thinking about playing this after playing Automata: you get about as much information on Project Gestalt as you do in Automata.

The game is not about Project Gestalt. The game takes place thousands of years after that stuff as already happened and you don't see any of it. White chlorination, the connections to DoD, the creation of the Gestalts and Replicants -- all that stuff is just referential history.

Not even worth playing for B/C/D because nothing changes except the ending scenes which you can just look up on youtube instead of wasting another 15 hours.
>>
>>381097880

>Implying watching D is the same thing as playing it

Also

>Ever watching a game instead of playing it

Take your gen Z bullshit and get outta here
>>
>>381097880
Pretty much all the bosses have new dialogue in Route B and there's a bunch of new cutscenes. You're not even aware of the existence of Tyrann, one of your main characters until route B. And of course C/D have a new final boss but its trash next to Nier Gestalt anyway so if you just want to watch it I won't complain. But route B is definitely with it.
>>
Who were the machines who treasured hate?
>>
>>381100060
Adam did, not sure about Eve.
>>
>>381100191
Eve treasured his brother, there was no hate in him until his brother died.
He's pretty similar to 9S in that aspect who loses his beloved and goes nuclear.
>>
File: 1496276793379.jpg (141KB, 1000x1437px) Image search: [Google]
1496276793379.jpg
141KB, 1000x1437px
>Adam’s speaks of truth. A far too inconvenient truth for us.
> Stop it. Don’t look. Don’t open me up. His tormenting series of words ravage my mind, and I feel as if my entire existence is being violated. The words of despair that Adam whispers at me tore at my body with an even greater pain than my impaled limbs, and I feel my existence being laid bare before him. The pleasure of humiliation and violation a searing pain upon me.
> “Emotions are prohibited.”
> Just because they’re prohibited, doesn’t mean they’ll just up and disappear by themselves. Right, 2B?
> “You do not trust anything.”
> “You want to destroy everything.”
> “You have lost hope in everything.”
> “You want to obtain everything.”
> “You want to be loved by all.”
> “Emotions are prohibited.”
> If I smother these feelings of mine that just won’t go away and hide them deep within my heart, will I get to always be by your side, 2B?

> “You’re thinking about how much you want to **** 2B, aren’t you?”
> I opened my eyes when released from my imprisonment, and see that she has come to save me. I have never been so thankful for my goggles before. I am so glad that I’m too injured to form proper words. If emotions are only expressed with my eyes and my voice, then this will keep her from finding out. I remain silent. I hid away these filthy thoughts of mine...because humanlike emotions are prohibited.

Those fucking side materials.
>>
>>381101310
God damn Nines is such a masochist.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.