[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: 1430007533635.png (318KB, 580x580px) Image search: [Google]
1430007533635.png
318KB, 580x580px
How is it that Nintendo is able to make more successful cartoonish IPs compaired to other consoles, and where as Xbox and Sony are better at making more "realistic," I can't think of a better term, than Nintendo?
>>
That's what Nintendo is known for. You guys ask the stupidest questions.
>>
Because nintendo's audience is kids.
>>
>>381069406
not why but how? how are they able to do this while Microsoft makes their wonder fox and no one really gives a shit.
>>
>>381069354

>How is it that a children's toy manufacturer manufactures children's toys successfully?

Wow, i don't know.

>How do toys aimed at adults and with adult content appeal more to adults?

Fucking mysteries.
>>
>>381069354
Because Nintendo is concerned with longevity, and its' competitors have always been concerned with trends (at least in terms of IPs).
>>
File: 025.jpg (52KB, 426x360px) Image search: [Google]
025.jpg
52KB, 426x360px
>>381069471
and yet
>>
all of nintendo's decisions are made by japanese people and usually have one person acting as creative director. sony and MS's games are designed by committee and market trends.
>>
>>381069694
this makes sense
>>
>>381069694
What the fuck, is this a logical answer in the thread? Get out of here.
>>
>>381069517
Dumbass, it's what they're known for. The fans who buy their products are people who clearly like the kind of product they produce. That's how Nintendo makes it work, by selling what their fans want.
>>
>>381069680

Yeah, man. Bing Bing Wahoo!! Splatoon and ARMS and bing yip yahoo wahooo!! really appeals to people above the age of 25. You sure got the demographics right.

bing! bing! gots me some coins!!

hehe! next year i'll grab the 6 new mario titles!

Patrician, mature taste ahoy!!
>>
>>381069869
that doesn't answer the question, Microsoft and Sony do the same thing yet nintendo makes new IPs and they are successful. I'm talking new IPs that take off while Sony and Microsoft still struggle.
>>
>>381070085
>meme
>meme
>meme
>I play mature games for mature people like myself meme meme
>>
>>381069517
Any successful cartoon IP that the other companies had they didn't follow up on to let it gain momentum, mean while Nintendo has several that have been around longer than some young adults and any new IP they get that's not a failure they tend to follow up with sequels though they seem to have the opposite problem that Microsoft and Sony have and they don't try to exploit more serious and less cartoony IPs to the same degree that Microsoft and Sony do.
>>
I think you are overthinking this. It's simply what their flagship IPs and successful games look like, and overtime it is what they become known for and eventually what they cater to. It's not that other companies don't try to do the same thing, it's just harder to preform at the same level as Nintendo who has an established public perception.
>>
>>381070162

>hee hee! any analysis of the overall contents of a title being juvenile and created with 6 year olds in mind is all a meme! surely if we put a red hat and a mustache on a thing, it is worthwhile! anyone who disagrees that literal saturday morning cartoons are for children is a meme-spewing memer! hehe!!

Bing bing wahoo nintenbrother!
hee hee!
:^)
>>
>>381070167
That's what I'm questioning though, what is their formula for this. Because Nintendo can shit out any IP but they dont, they actually put more investment into them. Like one anon said, Microsoft and Sony just adhere to trends than trying something new.
>>
>>381070359
>>381070359

You are literally saying they do the same thing.

>Nintendo can do new IP's but doesn't
>Sony and Microsoft adhere to trends rather than try something new

Same shit. Nintendo has been pushing samesy Mario titles for 25 years. Nothing Nintendo has or does is new or 'investing'.

Red hat. Jumping around. Plumber. Wahoo. Bing bing. Princess. Wahoo.

No different from Sony or Microsoft except that it's hyper-cartoony and aimed at a generally younger audience.
>>
>>381070338
>since all I did was meme, and got memed back then that means someone can't take my critism, oh wait I didn't have any I was just being an asshole.
>>
>>381070091
lol, what? Nintendo has the least amount of new IP per gen than any other console, anon. Unless you're considering Jak and Daxter, Sky cooper, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, Infamous, Resistance, God of War, and all those others "failed" franchises.
>>
>>381070523
>Nothing Nintendo has or does is new or 'investing'.
what is splatoon, what is ARMS, check the catalog. Even fire emblem
>>
>>381070656
>Jak and Daxter, Sky cooper, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, Infamous, Resistance, God of War, and all those others "failed" franchises.
I never said failed, what are you on about?
Besides god of war has there been any new games with these IPs in the last 5 years?
>>
>>381070718

>Splatoon
>ARMS
Lol. Just lol.

People don't give a fuck about ARMS the meme babby's first fighting game. Jesus christ, is this the level of sadness the nintendo audience has sunk to?

"Name some new IP's Nintendo is creating"
"LITERAL SHOVELWARE".

Wew lad, really activated the almonds
>>
>>381070857
So you're wondering why sony and Microsoft chooses not to milk their IP's? Because only Nintendo has to rely on the same characters to sell games.
>>
>>381070968
yeah that's why it has so many threads on 4chan. Lurk more dude.
>>
>>381070619

hee hee! get em nintenbro! i can't wait for the next 4 mario titles! hehe i bet they'll announce a zelda title by then!
haha! nintendo wins at everything!
truly the patrician console of true content and progressivism!!

:D lol! i have to go get a new latte now! hee hee!

bing bing!
>>
>>381071041
You do know a majority of those are lewd threds, right?
>>
>>381070993
no my question is how is Nintendo able to make new ones that turn into success before they even come out, while Microsoft and Sony can not?
What with ARMS threads everyday, and and constant previews that get favorable views, I question how Microsoft and Sony can't seem to do the same thing.
>>
>>381070085
So much autism in one post. Did Nintendo kill your little doggy?
>>
>>381071081
There were alot of those before THICC character was introduced, but yeah I can concede that a lot of them are lewd threads.
>>
>>381071237

Yeah man, valid line of questioning, that's why Nintendo has cornered the console market so effectively... or something.

Do you even know basic numbers and economics of these companies?

Sony has decimated Nintendo & Microsoft both in the console market for several years now. As in, a completely one-sided economic rape.

What barometer are you using to determine Nintendo's blatant dominance of the IP competition, if not basic profitability and success as a company; where they objectively are a distant third, and always have been?????
>>
>>381071358
>Sony has decimated Nintendo & Microsoft both in the console market for several years now. As in, a completely one-sided economic rape.
I'm not talking about console market I'm talking about IPs on the console, stop getting upset over this shit, this isn't a console war question it's about IPs.
I'm not equating consoles to IP, I'm asking how is Nintendo able to make more lasting IPs. I mean jesus man, how hurt are you to quickly turn this shit into a competitive thing?
>>
>>381069354
It's hard for us western to get this: explaining art is hard and needs serious study.
We just assume there's a formula or a know-how for everything. We're practical people.
But truth is art and artistic talent can not be learned. You can learn technique but not art.

Well, Nintendo have a tradition of good artists. Still keep on hiring and patronizing other good artists.
Also, the whole sempai thing we use to mock is a key factor in eastern culture. Senior artist (like Miyamoto) keep on training younger artists until old age.
Capcom had sort of a magic touch too until most of the senior parted their ways. Losing their seniors made Capcom the shit we know today.
>>
>>381071683

You have repeatedly stated they have "Success"; they don't, objectively speaking. They have the same tired franchises, but they aren't "Successful" about it.

They are decimated by their only actual competition at every turn, in every demographic except children under 16.

Why do you make a question framed as "Why does X do Z better than Y" and then be upset when you're told Y (and F) do Z better than X in every regard, at every turn, in every demographic?

Stop being such a pussy liberal in your discussion framing. You want to know why Nintendo succeeds at IP design and sustenance; they do not. Objectively, market-wise, they fail. They are the last place bronze-trophy holder in everything they do.

Factual. Economic. Reality.

Sorry about your precious fee-fee's. Maybe some Mario will cheer you up.

Bing fucking bing wahoo.
>>
>>381071896
>You have repeatedly stated they have "Success"; they don't, objectively speaking. They have the same tired franchises, but they aren't "Successful" about it.
If they aren't successful then how the hell are they still making money and how the hell are they still generating all their revenue?

>They are decimated by their only actual competition at every turn, in every demographic except children under 16.
where do you get these numbers? where is your proof in this?
>Why does X do Z better than Y" and then be upset when you're told Y (and F) do Z better than X in every regard, at every turn, in every demographic?
First off I said How, that's important part of the sentence, because we already know why, I'm asking how. You want to turn this in to a console war schtick when all I want to know is how Nintendo is so strong in making cartoony IPs, what's their process, not "Why is deep better than hurp in everyway!? haha lol you other consoles suck."
Stop being an ass pained crybaby when you can't even seem to understand the question. Acting like a faggot only proves you don't know shit and get ass pain over any discussion when consoles are in a little bit involved.
>>
>>381071891
Ok this makes actual sense
>>
>>381071896
if any thing you act like those liberal crybabies when any topic has a hint of something that triggers you, you aren't one to talk.
>>
>>381071896
Can you tell Nintendo isn't successful? The company has global exposure you dumb fuck.

You may be too young to know how business works but there's no global exposed company that isn't successful.
Nintendo isn't your local hipster cheese shop. It's a company that feeds thousand of families.
Facts, economy and reality say that as long as a company makes a profit it doesn't matter who wins more fan.

I understand why you're so angry.
>How come kiddie Nintendo is still relevant? Mario doesn't look cool! How come it didn't die already? It doesn't make sense!
Well, the answer is this >>381071891
Us western just can't get the formula or know-how of Nintendo's success. Simpler minds like yours can get really uneasy and uncomfortable with things they can't understand.
>Sony is winning! So Mario IS doomed!
It's your sad way to cope with things you can't understand.
>>
Sony follows trends to appeal to a wider audience, which is why their "mascots" are brown haired dudes in their 30's.
>>
File: OtQrr2p.jpg (30KB, 640x621px) Image search: [Google]
OtQrr2p.jpg
30KB, 640x621px
>>381070085
LMAOing @ ur life
>>
File: 1495018333192.gif (185KB, 673x379px) Image search: [Google]
1495018333192.gif
185KB, 673x379px
>>381071896
???
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.