[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have not touched a video game since 2009. Are one of these

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

I have not touched a video game since 2009.
Are one of these still worth getting in the year 2017?

Please hold my hand and tell me everything I need to know.
>>
File: partners in life.jpg (232KB, 1440x1016px) Image search: [Google]
partners in life.jpg
232KB, 1440x1016px
>>
>>381069334
>look at list of games available for the platform
>see if these are available on a different platform that you might prefer to play them on
if they aren't, or you don't have another platform (capable of playing them), and if you want them, then yes, it's worth buying
>>
>>381069334
>holding hands
filthy degenerate
>>
>>381069543
I'm a dirty slut.
>>381069480
I'm interested in playing videos in .mkv format, and trying out games without worrying about paying full price, if you catch my drift.

I live in Japan so the scene isn't as active here. There are a few models under 3.55 that are available for purchase off Yahoo Auctions. What's the shelf life on these things? I quit gaming after three RROD's nearly a decade ago, and would hate to drop $100+ on a brick.

Better off trying for a under-3.55 system, or just grabbing one off craigslist from another foreigner selling it as a bundle with his casual games?
>>
>>381069334
I'm currently playing through Nier on a PS3 that I bought for like 50 bucks. I'm also planning on replaying Okami on it. They're probably worth it for cheap.
>>
>>381069334
nothing. Try building model ships
>>
No game has released worth caring about since 2005.

So no, you haven't missed a single thing whatsoever and I'm not exaggerating.
>>
>>381072562
I believe the same, but surely a PS3 is a good opportunity to play PS2 games, right?

Or is that a lot more difficult than it seems? There's a crazy amount of misinformation there on playing older games on the current/prior gen consoles.
>>
>>381069334
As much as I like my PS3 I'd say that nowadays most of its exclusives are available on PC. There are still a few worthwhile games so I guess it depends on how much you want to play them. Free online is another good thing too.

>>381073060
Are you talking about backwards compatibility? Because only some of the oldest PS3 models had that. When it comes to PS2 games on the Playstation store I was under the impression the that range of games was pretty bad.
>>
is that the ugliest console ever?
>>
>>381073590
>Are you talking about backwards compatibility?
I'm talking more about piracy options.
>>
>>381073664
The super slim is pretty fucking ugly
>>
>>381073827
it looks like a piece of 90s stereo equipment or a very early budget dvd player
>>
File: IMG_0391.jpg (23KB, 236x354px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0391.jpg
23KB, 236x354px
Get a solid gaming PC, 3DS then trade it for a Switch next year unless you need Zelda now, and a PS4. Grab Horizon: Zero Dawn, Nier Automata, Nioh, Bloodborne, the Last of Us, Fire Emblem Awakening, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, and Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. On PC get everything else that looks good. Welcome back my friend, you've come back at the perfect time for gamers.
>>
>>381073793
I have a slim with custom firmware, but I haven't paid much attention to the scene in years. Last I checked, which was forever ago, you needed a PS3 on firmware 3.55 or below to be able to install it. If your firmware was higher than that you needed a hardware flasher to downgrade your console. I'm pretty sure the super slim and most of the slim PS3s come with higher firmware. This might be very different nowadays. When it comes to PS2 piracy options on the PS3 I don't know anything since I mostly pirated PS3 games. I assume you can just pirate PSN releases of PS2 games.

Since my information is most likely outdated I suggest consulting the homebrew and hacking general >>>/vg/180106076
>>
>>381074185
I went twice through the catalog and somehow missed that completely. Thank you very much. I'll delete the thread in a few.
>>
>>381074621
Checking out the wiki might be a good idea too. Seems like it has a PS3 page http://homebrew-general.wikia.com/wiki/PlayStation_3
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.