[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people get so mad at campers? Camping is a legitimate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

Why do people get so mad at campers? Camping is a legitimate way to play a game
>>
File: 1497630629176.jpg (106KB, 1284x1057px) Image search: [Google]
1497630629176.jpg
106KB, 1284x1057px
>>381062951
Why are people so mad when I kill them talking to npcs? It's a pvp zone, it's to be expected!
>>
>>381062951

GuP Final Chapter movie when?
>>
>>381062951
Because winning is fun and losing is unfun.
Losing to strategies you find unfun is more frustrating because you're unlikely to resort to doing it yourself
>>
>>381062951
Only no or low skill players camp as an attempt to win by surprise against better players.
>>
File: 1497528759503.jpg (42KB, 450x382px) Image search: [Google]
1497528759503.jpg
42KB, 450x382px
>>381063630
>camping is against the rules!
>taking people by surprise is is low skill
i feed off your tears
>>
>>381062951
they don't feel like it's a fair fight, it's the same type of people who complain about fighting "with honor" in pvp, referring to some sort of limitation they set on themselves to make the match equal. I can't say I don't hate it when Im running around and get shot by someone in the corner, but that's more recklessness than the other player "being cheap." people are just quick to shift their faults onto others
>>
>>381062951
I understand why people hate campers, but it's not just hatred, but also contempt.

You sit on the same spots where you have the advantage over and over, you're going to abuse anything including glitches to get as many kills as possible almost as if if you got enough kills, you would suddenly acquire a girlfriend or become successful in life.

In general, >>381063280 is right. Basically, when the most effective way to play the game is also the most braindead way, the game just loses all it's charm.
>>
The legitimacy of the complaints really depends on the game mode and what game you're playing. If we're on Deathmatch and someone is trying to sit in a corner and get "LOL SURPRISE" kills then it feels a little un-fun, if it's any kind of objective based game mode then people complaining about camping can fuck right off. It's not only a legit strategy, it's basically your fucking goal for the round.
>>
Because it's annoying, and more frustrating because there's literally nothing wrong with it since it's allowed within the rules of the game so they don't have ground to stand on when arguing against it.

Annoying yes, unfair no. And in most cases you can work around it or exploit it if you know someone is camping.
>>
>>381062951
Because you're a faggot. Get some real skill.
>>
>>381062951
its just a boring playstyle to play against, not really effective in games i like to play thankfully. arena shooters have other problems though. in duels they can get 1 kill on you and then spend the rest of the match hiding and running away when they hear your footsteps, jump through teleporter and then just go fuck knows where. they will hide in areas away from big items, potentially forcing you to leave those items up to find the enemy, which can be very effectively capitalized on by the player hiding. some maps this is harder to deal with than others, levels like sinister, cure, lost world, and elder can be a real pain in the ass against this playstyle, either because its really big and therefore you will lose items if you are pursuing, or because much of the levels are chokes so he can bait you into taking a lot of damage. but ultimately the better player still wins as it does take a lot of skill to constantly outmaneuver your opponents, and sometimes running away really is the only way to not lose miserably
>>
It objectively takes less skill to sit in a corner with your aim on a door way, than it does to be moving around having to be ready to fire in any direction. I dont care about camping as long as the one doing it doesnt misconstrue their tactic for mechanical skill.
>>
Camping isn't a problem, poor map design is.
>>
>>381062951
Nothing. Just don't be mad at me when I beat the shit out of you. Same thing applies to screen-peeking on console.
>>
File: 1497815994568.jpg (40KB, 597x597px) Image search: [Google]
1497815994568.jpg
40KB, 597x597px
>that one faggot that uses stealth characters or turret characters exclusively
>>
File: CS.jpg (57KB, 451x338px) Image search: [Google]
CS.jpg
57KB, 451x338px
>>381062951
Because faggots get impatient when waiting for the next round.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.