[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Split-Screen/Local Multiplayer Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 3

File: 1679_2005-02-07screen2_large[1].jpg (125KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
1679_2005-02-07screen2_large[1].jpg
125KB, 640x448px
first of all, a moment of silence for those that have never experienced this great form of playing video games with friends.

>post stories
>talk about how comfy LANs are
>talk about how much you fucking hate screen looking
>talk about multi-taps
>talk about your favorite 3 player & up games

so I introduced my nephew to the world of split-screen today. the whole time I was wondering if my face was that lit up seeing 4 people play video games on one screen at the same time.
>>
File: 1497215806383.gif (2MB, 500x404px) Image search: [Google]
1497215806383.gif
2MB, 500x404px
>>381062535
>talk about how much you fucking hate screen looking
When everyone is fine with it the games become better. I spent months playing Goldeneye 007 with my buds and we all screen-looked. The more time you spend looking at other people is less time you spend watching what's in front of you. Over time everyone constantly stared at walls or floors as they dashed around and you got really good at learning where people are just by the floor/wall and which direction they were moving.
>>
File: 0005eb.jpg (109KB, 1024x850px) Image search: [Google]
0005eb.jpg
109KB, 1024x850px
>>381062535
>be about 05-06
>elementary school
>mom and step dad are chronic alcoholics and every other weekend when I wasn't at my dad's and occasionally weeknights I'd have to sit there and listen to arguing
>meet my best friend Jeremiah
>get invited to his birthday party and play ps2 play some Battlefront, some Nickelodeon crossover games like Unite
Unite
>after that at school I'd ask him when it wasn't my dad's weekend if I could hang out at his place wouldn't even tell my mom I was setting this up until I got home because it was always when we were at school I'd ask him
>get my copy of Battlefront 2 and my Xbox because he didn't have Battlefront 2 for some reason yet
>switch off between both the first and second
>be autistic children and when we weren't playing games pretend to be soldiers with his nerf guns
>we even got psps with Battlefront 2 and Renegade Squadron and would play those versions
>this goes on for a while going to his house to escape the alcoholism and spousal arguments at home
>gotta move anon
>tells me where moved and all but never kept up with him
>lost my best friend
>leave to stay with my dad after some other shit happened unrelated to gaming memories just sad shit and I've blogged enough
>get new best friend in middle school and play 360 online every night
>now we're older and growing distant basically happening again except I have his contact information and occasionally hear from each other

Why are we here? To suffer?
>>
>play online games with friends for years
>they all move on to the next console generation and i'm still on last gen
>finally get one and all the games they told me to get
>fast forward 6 months later and i'm the only one who even gets on
FUCK YOU ASSHOLES
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.