[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A+ VA's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (15KB, 400x180px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 400x180px
What are some examples of games with good voice acting?

>the best?
>>
>>381061516
sean bean was also in that game.
>>
I'll get shit for this but any actor who is famous for essentially just playing themselves in every role is not a good actor. So people like Samuel L Jackson, Morgan Freeman, Tom Cruise, Al Pacino, Robert Deniro and yes, Patrick Stewart, are not good actors. They're just people with marketable voices.
>>
>>381061516
Civ 4 having Nimoy narrate the quotes was fantastic
>>
Kingdom Hearts OC characters always shock the hell out of me. Nimoy, Christopher Lee, etc.

>>381061759
A lot of those people and many others do actually have excellent range, they're just never casted for it because the suits don't want that.
>>
>Whole witcher series
>KOTOR, especially 2 minus mucha shaka baka
>Most telltale games
>Mass Effect 2
>Deus Ex: Human Revolution, especially AAAAADAM
>Dishonored 1, some of 2
>Kingdom Hearts
>MGS3 purely because Volgin, aka the narrator of NOVA on PBS.
>Red Dead Redemption
>>
>>381061759
I just needed an image of a voice actor. I didnt necessarily think he was all that good

>You're the one from my dreams
>>
Jim Cummings voiced several character in Skyrim
>>
>>381061941
Ive been about 90% impressed with the soundalike voice actors for the disney characters. Genie sounds like RW. Phil sounds like Devito. Jack Sparrow sounds like Depp. You can juuussst tell they arent, but they got pretty damn close.

James Woods returning as Hades was clean as fuck though
>>
>>381063017
Not Disney but the guy who did Marty's voice in that Back to the Future game was pretty good too
>>
>>381063015
Scar? Not Jeremy Irons.

He was the evil Darkwing Duck, but not Darkwing himself.
>>
I was surprised at how good the latest Fire Emblem was. I would say the writing is owed a lot of credit, but there were tons of parts where I was impressed by the enunciation of the VAs.
>>
>>381063097
Yeah he did. MJFox showed up near the end as great grandpa Marty too.

Christopher Lloyd returned as Doc
>>
You can say whatever you want about whether or not you think this game is a game or Jewish propaganda to promote delicious chocolate-on-vanilla yuri, but the voice acting is top notch across the board.
>>
File: Wonderful 101 101.png (194KB, 500x407px) Image search: [Google]
Wonderful 101 101.png
194KB, 500x407px
The Wonderful 101 is full of incredible performances. I pity anyone dumb enough to play this game in jap audio
>>
>>381063169
Jim voiced Scar in the second Lion King movie
>>
>>381063453
Scar was dead in Lion King 2.

Cam Clarke (Liquid in MGS) was Simba though.
>>
File: Sacrifice.jpg (39KB, 296x354px) Image search: [Google]
Sacrifice.jpg
39KB, 296x354px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qUD5GDtF8c
>>
>>381063406
I agree but wan dabo yu wan dabo oh is hilarious to me.
>>
>>381061759
Patrick Stewart really doesn't belong on that list. He does generally voice act well. His Septim had a calm world-weariness that befitted an Emperor who knew his own death was coming.
>>
A MAN CHOOSES
>>
>>381063015
>No Robotnik
>No Monterey Jack

>>381063169
>>381063453
>>381063550
Cummings actually sung large parts of Be Prepared after Irons managed to throw his voice out.
>>
File: b.png (48KB, 217x250px) Image search: [Google]
b.png
48KB, 217x250px
PEASANTS GET OFF MY BOARD

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>381066332
>singing voice
Ah I see. Now I understand.

Speaking of singing, was this actually Christopher Lloyd singing? Could be Cummings too.
https://youtu.be/Ocm8QdNR_d8
>>
>>381061516
https://youtu.be/Jmnd6HBjUGI
Sorry mate. Best VA goes to Jua-Mu Dalbi from Moon Dwellers.
>>
>>381066728
Certainly sounds like him.
>>
>>381061759
DeNiro shouldn't really be on there. I mean would you consider his character in Taxi Driver to be the same as in Raging Bull or Heat?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.