[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anthem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

File: Anthem.jpg (564KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Anthem.jpg
564KB, 1920x1080px
Does /v/ see it out shining Destiny 2?
>>
No chance.
They probably started development a year or 2 ago so they are going to make the same mistakes that The Division vanilla Destiny made.
>>
File: 1497274392600.png (138KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1497274392600.png
138KB, 375x375px
>>381057247
>Buying Bioware games
>>
>>381057530
>buying Bungie games
I hope they both fail.
>>
>developers of a game in a genre they've never done before outshining developers with more experience in a genre they created and with years of community feedback to build on

Yeah, no. Anthem 2 might be good though.
>>
I played the first Destiny. It was okay, but I got it with all the expansions. I'd be pissed if I paid 60 dollars for what was in the base game. The gunplay is good but it's still at 25fps with like 50 FOV so it's shit. PC version will fix that but not a lot of the other questionable designs of the game in general that will likely remain the same in 2.

If Bioware doesn't force you to be online to play it and it has combat as good as the Mass Effect games it'll probably be better. Nobody's going to give a shit about story in either of these games. Bioware has a history of better characters so that'll probably be cause for greater investment than D2.
>>
>>381057247
>detailed dense open world
>can just fly everywhere
Why?
There'll probablyjust be random events on the map you'll fly to, ignoring the rest of it.
>>
>>381057247
Out shining Destiny 2? Not a chance. Destiny 2 has a built-in fan base and learned from a lot of mistakes they made from the original Destiny.

The real question is whether Anthem is gonna turn out like The Division. At the very least they were smart to go with an interesting setting as opposed to the boring-ass grounded in reality setting The Division's Tom Clancy license required.
>>
File: 1372179679531.jpg (188KB, 905x785px) Image search: [Google]
1372179679531.jpg
188KB, 905x785px
it sure looked like a skippable-tier game
>>
>>381062214
>boring-ass grounded in reality setting The Division's Tom Clancy license required

oh hey now. if The Division did ONE thing right, it was the setting. That snowy, fucked up new york was so sexy and fun to walk around in.
>>
>>381057247

I mean it's bioware

but Desiny 2: "hahahaha I bet people will actually buy this instead of waiting for the full game" edition is something even they could beat
>>
>>381057247
The game looks like they spent a weekend watching all the Iron Man movies and thought "hey we should make this a game".

Boring pass
>>
>>381058718
RIP Bungie
>>
>>381057247
mech suits seems like it should be one class not the entire game so nah. that being said i haven't played destiny either
>>
File: sd.jpg (155KB, 1082x496px) Image search: [Google]
sd.jpg
155KB, 1082x496px
>>381057247

Fair chance of being as bad or better

Don't forget destiny 1 was horseshit. Looking at gameplay of 2 it seems like an expansion with no new assets

Wouldn't be surprised if it's better
>>
>>381065384
The best part is Bungie finally admitted they had no fucking clue what they were doing in terms of "story" when they started. So they're resetting everything and trying to make it more than just a loot grinder FPS.

That being said I'm only wanting Anthem because my friend group is getting it and we haven't all gotten a game since Destiny first came out, it'll at least be fun for a while just like it was fun for a while in Destiny.
>>
>>381066384
>my friend group is getting it

really? based on that tiny scripted e3 footage? it was literally nothing. it looks interesting but i cant fathom pre-ordering it based on that. wait for more gameplay dude jesus.
>>
>>381066756

Not him but image in op and suits look cool enough. Environments look nice too. With decent gameplay it might not be bad. Bioware is shit at characters and stories but this might work. Based on the plasticy graphics from destiny 2 I can see why it attracts
>>
>>381064247
Maybe so but the setting requires boring ass loot, in terms of both weapons and visual gear. Nothing cool worth grinding for, just numbers going up.
>>
>>381064247
Maybe but all the guns looked the same and character customization pretty much boiled down to different colored beanies. Not to mention you end up fighting the same hooded thugs for from beginning to end.
>>
whats destiny
>>
Looks like generic Destiny clone. Fuck it, I won't give any shekels to Bioware or EA.
>>
I don't know. I think TPS has more potential than a FPS game, however Destiny has legit space magic while they are using exosuits and shit in Anthem. Not sure if you could design classes or abilities interestingly that way. I mean in the big reveal we saw a mortar and a bunch of small missiles. Same shit, the end result was some explosions.
>>
>>381057247
I don't see the relation between this and Destiny, just because she shot a bunch of critters and a gun dropped isn't very much to point to. That said I hope that it is a Destiny clone because Bungie really needs a good kick in the ass from an actual competitor to force them to step their game up. Everything about Destiny 2 reeks of complacency.
>>
>shoot em ups with grindy gear treadmill elements where you'll clear all the braindead content in a month and stop playing

why do people fall for these games every year? Destiny and The Division were practically dead in a month
>>
>>381066756
I get that and have already said that, however you have to keep in mind only one other person in the group posts on 4chan. After getting burned by Destiny I plan to keep an eye on it and dissuade friends from getting it if it turns out to be a repeat of Destiny.

Also shit looks fun and it'll be playing with friends.
>>
>>381057247
I played Destiny beta. Good gun shooting, shit everything else. This looks like Destiny mixed with The Division. The mix makes sense but the games they're copying are shit. You can't just mix two types of shit and expect something good.
>>
File: 1472012535492.jpg (238KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1472012535492.jpg
238KB, 854x480px
>>381057247
>yet another "open" MMOFPS where the endgame will be completely garbage and grinding is part of the experience so you can pretend you got your $60 worth

No thanks
>>
File: anthem2.webm (1B, 486x500px)
anthem2.webm
1B, 486x500px
I wish
but it'll probably be story-focused and not even that long or grindy, have no expacs and PvP will be shit if it's even included

should've given it to Capcom
>>
I still can't grasp the concept... Will it be forced online or is there actually a a chance for it to have an offline single player
>>
>>381069491
Not enough info is floating around yet, they've been tight lipped about it except for the team that made ME:A complaining the OG team making Anthem stealing ideas from them.
>>
>>381067439
I wouldn't count out magic in Anthem just yet. One of the suits was doing some weird shit and floating around unlike the others and their jumpjets
>>
>>381062214
How do you know they learned from their mistakes when the game isn't even out yet?
>>
>>381067501
>destiny
>3 years of content, even now no issue finding people to play with on either console
>dead in a month
I'll give you the division but it was a weak imitator. Destiny may be a shit game but it has staying power
>>
>>381070301
Just because people were playing it for 3 years doesn't mean it had any content.
>>
>>381070160
Its still just a suit, it might have been just a different propulsion system. Why wouldn't they just put magic into all suits otherwise
>>
>>381070472
The point I was making was more its staying power in terms of population than any specifically impressive amount of content.
>>
>>381067439
fuck magic
give me a wide variety of weapons
>>
>>381058979
>experience in a genre they created
what drugs are you on?
>>
>>381064950

Iron Man actually flies fast with his rocket-pack, though. The most embarrassing part of Destiny is that you're using a rocket pack and it looks like you're flying as fast as a fat guy can walk.
>>
Anthem looks bad and I don't know why nobody is talking about how garbage the shooting appears to be. based on the trailer we'll be lucky if it's as fun as Mass Effect 3's, which isn't saying much. it's a bad sign when the action part of your action game needs LARPing voice actors to make it seem interesting
>>
>>381070572
It looked like a magey support class
>>
>>381067167
multiplayer fps skinnerbox zombie game that cost 210 dollars and 3 years to fix
>>
>>381071147
Yeah the normal gun play looked weak as fuck, and then everything in the demo died in one shit. Obviously not wholly representative of the game but stil
>>
>>381057247

>Shining out Destiny 2

Wasn't Destiny just some boring thing that people forgot about as soon as it was actually released, and all the marketing-funded hype fizzled away?

I mean, this E3 the number 4 with zero details, trailers, or gameplay footage outshined Destiny 2 and Anthem.
>>
Well it's a game that isn't Destiny or a sequel to Destiny. So it's odds are pretty good so far.
>>
>>381071310
They've got time on that I guess. Guns need more oomph. That shotgun didn't look bad in that regard.
>>
Why would anyone trust Bioware after Andromeda? Really should have named it something completely different so no one would be reminded of that name.
>>
>>381075047
damnit, dale
Andromeda Bioware != Bioware Bioware
>>
>>381071465
Outsold everything else and still maintained an active players of 1 million+ unique users each week.
>>
>>381057247

Hard to say.

Destiny 2s reveal was underwhelming as fuck. Looked exactly like Destiny 1.

Anthem definitely looked more interesting, but it's Bioware and was most likely faked gameplay anyway.
>>
Need to see more. Got burned on The Division.

I will say, a plus is the Guy who wrote the 1st 2 Mass Effects is working on this games story. So I'm hoping for at least no going online for story bs
>>
>>381057247
THERE WILL BE A MASSIVE DOWNGRADE. THAT TRAILER WAS NOT REAL.
>>
File: mass-effect-dlc-message-2[1].jpg (50KB, 620x386px) Image search: [Google]
mass-effect-dlc-message-2[1].jpg
50KB, 620x386px
>>381075047
>Why would anyone trust Bioware after Andromeda?

Holy shit, did people really forget ME3 so quickly?
>>
File: ENG_20170614.png (665KB, 625x967px) Image search: [Google]
ENG_20170614.png
665KB, 625x967px
>>381057247
LOL
>>
>>381070732
It was bait
>>
>>381068075
It's 3rd person
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.