[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Evil Within is kino, lads.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 11

File: 20170618221338_1.jpg (178KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170618221338_1.jpg
178KB, 1280x720px
The Evil Within is kino, lads.
>>
>>381055591
It'd sure be nice if I could fucking play it past Chapter 2 because of shit framerate.
>>
>>381055591
The game overstayed its welcome around chapter 11, the city levels were garbage
>>
File: confusedgentleman.jpg (38KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
confusedgentleman.jpg
38KB, 500x282px
>forced stealth
>>
>>381055591

>RE4-2: Dream Edition
>Good

Yeah, nah.
>>
File: mOnvOJG.png (298KB, 2271x2380px) Image search: [Google]
mOnvOJG.png
298KB, 2271x2380px
>those legs
>>
>>381056318
>a second RE4 with nightmare levels and actually creepy enemy design
>Bad
no way fag
>>
>>381056318
I forgot that RE4 was a bad game.
Obviously expanding upon its strengths with a unique aesthetic would be a terrible idea.
>>
I finally made it past chapter 6 on akumu. I honestly can't believe they made every sequence in the chapter an intense struggle. Everything from the burning house, the bolt shooting sequence, the sadist, the two retarded giants AND the fucking sentinel is pure hell back to back. There were times when I reloaded a checkpoint and immediately got oneshot by some fucking haunted throwing and axe or the stupid sentinel pouncing on me. Also those bear traps THOSE FUCKING BEAR TRAPS

dear lord, pls tell that was the most maddening part of this difficulty mode
>>
File: 1497503350107.jpg (2MB, 1500x3061px) Image search: [Google]
1497503350107.jpg
2MB, 1500x3061px
obligatory
>>
>>381056541

It's much less gamey and fun then RE4 and has forced "cinematic" segments.

Still kind of ok, but don't even compare them.
>>
The game suffers from feeling too long without actually being it and the same goes for the DLC, the pacing is kinda bad.
>>
>>381056594
That already happened with Dead Space
>>
its pretty good
>>
>>381056621
The game is hard and I loved it for it, you are almost at the peak of the difficulty, gets easier later on thanks to the upgrades
>>
Why didn't you protect his smile, guys?
>>
>>381056621
Chapter 11 and 12 are also extreme
>>
I'm just glad a sequel is Being made. Going for the platinum right now. Just need all the collectibles
>>
File: the evil within.jpg (415KB, 800x1129px) Image search: [Google]
the evil within.jpg
415KB, 800x1129px
>>381057440

That was supposed to be Joseph's job desu. Guess we'll see if he shows up again in the inevitable Kidman DLC
>>
>>381057440

so myra works for mobius and mobius made lily the host this time for some reason. I'm expecting some pretty crazy encounters between myra and seb unless myra is a double agent and is secretly trying to get lily out of mobius' clutches.

Also more importantly, how the fuck is laura running lily's stem world? She was essentially ruvik and ruvik should either be dead, in leslie...or in sebastian?
>>
Game was rough around the edges but alright. It needed more nightmarish hellscapes which were few and far between in the first game but the E3 footage looks to have that covered in the sequel.

I'm hyped.
>>
I wasn't a fan of the dream stuff or the over the top enemy designs. I liked several of the story elements, especially with the main guy and his wife and losing their daughter.

I also didn't like the "not zombie" enemies. I would've preferred a more grounded, realistic story instead of generic Japanese scary movie.

I think they could've done a lot with a washed up detective packing just a revolver.

Lets also not forget fighting a giant brain monster with a flying humvee.
>>
File: finished with those errands.jpg (29KB, 382x279px) Image search: [Google]
finished with those errands.jpg
29KB, 382x279px
So have you finished with that AKUMU playthrough yet, anons?
>>
https://youtu.be/PowmKN0j78c
>>
why the fuck cant you play on akumu from the get go

I love this game but I wish I could play on a harder difficulty right off the bat
>>
>>381055591

What's kino mean? I can't keep up with all the stupid lingo these days.
>>
>>381059835
Nothing, the word has lost all meaning like everything else adopted on /v/.
>>
>>381057980
One of two things
A) They're going to try to go for pottery and have Sebastian reflect off of Ruvik. Fire has killed a close member of their families, they've been messed with by Mobius, and both slipped into dark places afterwards. Seb not so much because Ruvik was a dick before Laura's death, but in any case, the whole scene might have her turn into a demonized version of Lily or as a plot device to show how close he is to the edge.
B) The Keeper DLC already shows that memories can be injected into the STEM world via Haunted Joseph. She might just be there to be there.
>>
>>381060057
Ok but i want to understand what I'm reading. I thought kino was some gambling game with numbers. I'm getting to old for this shit.
>>
>>381060254
It's the kino version of ludo
>>
>>381060254
It's a stupid meme from /tv/, another word for cinema and retards use it to sound more intellectual when describing movies they think are high art.

Don't use it if you ever want to sound informed or intelligent.
>>
File: 5478879.jpg (386KB, 840x1200px) Image search: [Google]
5478879.jpg
386KB, 840x1200px
I'm glad the game still looks japanese-y despite the fact that the game director is not.
>>
>Mobius had fucking cameras in Lily's bedroom for who knows how long
>They have footage of Sebastian putting her to bed
That is legitimately fucking terrifying
>>
>>381060932
Itd be a bit much to change up the style now. Time, Money and especially since sales wise the first one didnt do too well.
>>
>>381060254
Kino is German for Film. Thats it. /tv/ on the other associates different meanings to each term.
Kino = The Best
Film = The Greatest
Movie = Good
Flick = Trash

Which is fucking retarded since all of the words mean the same fucking thing. Yes this /tv/ is THAT bad right now.
>>
>>381061741
Nothing infuriates me when people use these terms in that fashion.

Even the most garbage movie ever I still call films. Christ it triggers me on irrational levels.
>>
>>381059835
>can't keep up with the times and learn to Google shit you dont know either
Kek!
>>
I was about to buy this game on ps4 but from what I've seen the camera zooms too much when you aim and that bothers me a lot for some autistic reason. Did somebody had the same problem and got used to it or what?
>>
Thinking of buying a DLC bcs they're very cheap now. Which one was the best?
>>
Replaying the game right now. I just love how much it feels like a constantly shifting nightmarish dreamscape, they went for it.
>Get past Laura for the 2nd and last time
>Get into the elevator
>Elevator just takes you back to the mansion
>>
File: 1497758150758.jpg (610KB, 1917x2414px) Image search: [Google]
1497758150758.jpg
610KB, 1917x2414px
Juli is the best Evil within.
>>
>>381063581
Though it was possible to fap to her fully clothed they really need to go lewder in the sequel
>>
>>381062868
I got use to it. Once you get use to the spacing you be fine.
>>381063062
The Kidman ones are hiding from enemies and the occasional puzzle. The Keeper one is first person and you just kill shit. The keeper one is not great but it does bring in some more lore. Kidman one is good if like that type of gameplay.
>>
>still using idtech 5

dropped
>>
>>381064108

hey tango actually has experience with the engine now, hopefully they can actually optimize worth a shit now
>>
Just discovered a Laura glitch in Chapter 10 that makes things a little be easier if anyone is having trouble with their AKUMU play through.
>>
>>381064384
IdTech 5 just looks pure dogshit if they use IdTech5 I'm not going to buy that game.
>>
File: She just wants a hug.jpg (217KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
She just wants a hug.jpg
217KB, 1920x1080px
>>381064714
Art style is what matters when it comes to looks. Fox engine looks good but the art style of them trying to replicate realism made it look forgettable. The Evil Within took that shit engine and made a cool looking horror game.
>>
>>381064581

if you can make it past chapter 6 on akumu, you can finish the difficulty

honestly laura is just faster on akumu, if you know how to deal with her and exploit her ai on survival than you can manage on harder difficulties. The only hard thing about that sequence are the stupid bear traps and proximity bombs
>>
>>381065274
Yeah I did it without the glitch. I just stumbled upon it and just thought to mention it.
>>
>>381064108
Source?
>>
Replaying TEW and it's weird how there's a lot of work done for one-off bits.
>Make invisible enemy type used only for a single chapter
>Introduce swimming controls for only really a single section
>If you try to stealth kill a haunted that is wearing a helmet, Sebastian will do a different animation that involves breaking their neck
I'm fairly certain that none of the artwork within the mansion gets repeated as well.
>>
>>381065152
It still looks outdated with extremely shitty early-PS3-tier textures and shit lighting.
Same goes for Wolfenstein New Order, extremely ugly game but at least they are using IdTech6 now.
>>
>>381066228
Even if it using idTech5, it still looks significantly better than TEW, at least in this trailer, which admittedly, is advertising.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBPkGPR1mfw
>>
>>381055591
the stealth dlc is kino
the main game is unoptimized trash
>>
>>381067041
You should be happy to know that game director of TEW2 is the guy that directed the DLCs.
Shinji is Executive Producer.
>>
>>381063581
I will never not be angry over that the entirity of pixiv's r18 section is just yaoi. I mean, I'm not SURPRISED, but its still a shame
>>381063657
Like losing the pants?
>>
>>381067041
DLC is way less fun.
>>
>>381067626
that would definitely be step 1
>>
>>381055591
Is the DLC really worth it? Pretty pricey on PSN.
>>
>>381066216

technically the first invisible enemy shows up in chapter 4 and the others in chapter 5, but yeah

they're chumps if you're using flash bolts but otherwise they can be unnerving

I also felt that the amount of work they put into quell was pretty absurd, all its animations look pretty sick and you can just freeze bolt its ass and pump magnum rounds into it before it can even do anything
>>
They bringing back "An solution in every bolt, a kill in every shot" Agony Bow?
>>
File: Bow.jpg (487KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bow.jpg
487KB, 1920x1080px
>>381068851
Yup.
>>
Juli is going to be DLC only again, isn't she?
>>
>>381067391
then i am pretty happy
>>381067630
i love RE4, but when the game difficulty is based on ammo scarcity, and later transforms into COD.... didn't see that one coming, desu
>>
If they don't repeat the first game's mistakes, Evil Within 2 has a chance to be great.
>>
Does anyone think Jojo will be an actual playable character in the second game?
>>
>>381069706
If I remember correctly they started shilling the Season Pass for 1 before release, and we were told that it would be story stuff.
So far there's been no Season Pass being sold, and a lot of the recent games published by Bethesda but not developed by them (Prey, Dishonored 2) have not received any paid DLC.
So what I'm trying to say is that there may no DLC and no playable Kidman.
>>
>>381069709
>and later transforms into COD.... didn't see that one coming, desu
It becomes like RE4 island section and even then it never gets too actiony because they still have slower less action segments littered through out. I'll take that over hiding and doing nothing any day.
>>
>>381070618
i agree
and i had that same issue in RE4... when i had to play the military section... what a piece of crap

RE4 is not a perfect game by any means; it is just the horror section that is superb
>>
>>381055591
>anglerwoman

nah
>>
>>381056753
Ill never get the RE4 meme, game was fucking trash
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.