[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this the only good part of Skyrim?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10

File: Dawnguard_boxart.png (1MB, 1065x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Dawnguard_boxart.png
1MB, 1065x1500px
Was this the only good part of Skyrim?
>>
Hearthfire was miles better,
>>
>>381051512
but that's just house building
>>
>>381051645
>Tfw the best part of your rpg game is a house building system
>>
>>381051645
>Not building a house and settling down with the waifu of your choice when you're tired of the Draugr Mines
>>
>>381052838
>all the waifus are shit though
>>
>>381052971
No game has good waifus. Women are visually repugnant.
>>
File: serana.jpg (153KB, 1024x1404px) Image search: [Google]
serana.jpg
153KB, 1024x1404px
>>381052971
ahem
>>
>>381052971
Then lower your standards, fag. Not every woman looks, like, totally moe and shit.
>>
>>381051409
>expect it to be about the vampire hunter vs vampire conflict
>ayo hold up, how bout you go and fight some falmers and shit
>killing everyone in the dawnguard base as a dracula might as well have been a radiant quest
>>
>>381051409
There is no good part of skyrim.

Dawnguard was shit because:
A. Crossbows did not scale for shit.
B. Armored troll, like all companions, was fucking useless.
C. You had no option to decapitate Serena the moment you found out she was a vampire.
D. The new 'vampire' shit was absolutely awful and did not scale for shit.
>>
Dawnguard was fucking bad.

The entire plot was full-retardo.

Skyrim's writing in general was just shit-poor.
>>
Dawnguard was a really bad expansion. Dragonborn was pretty good though. Herma Mora best Daedra lord.
>>
Dawnguard had compelling dungeon design and Serena was possibly likeable.
>>
>>381053398

You know, reflecting back on Skyrim, so much of it's gameplay issues boiled down to things just having either no scaling, or scaling horribly.

Part of the problem was that it felt like gear progression relied entirely on the upgrade system, meaning smithing was required to not have garbage fucking gear, and enchanting was sort of required because the RNG roll on end-dungeon rewards were typically ass or useless, but the downside was enchanting broke the game.

Skyrim overall was just severely poorly thought out in regards to it's perks system and scaling. They simplified so much shit, and broke so much shit in the process. In MW and OB, you could become overpowered as fuck, but it took work, exploration, and finding the right items. In Skyrim you can just wack away at the smithy all day and break down enchanted garbage all night, and in the end you get obscenely broken fucking gear.

It was an unsatisfying kind of game-breaking.
>>
>>381051409
no, dragonborn was
>>
>>381053890
In Morrowind, you had to go to a very specific place filled with dangerous enemies, defeat or bypass them somehow, then claim the stupid powerful item.

In Skyrim, you pound out 100 iron daggers in Whiterun and are automatically a smithing grandmaster, and give yourself a ridiculously OP weapon at game start that nothing else in the game will ever surpass. Same thing with armor.

When I played Morrowind, I had a strategy I created that would make me STUPID rich and decked in ebony armor and ebony weapons within a few hours. But to do it, I had to fetch mark & recall, shit down a mark on the mudcrab merchant, steal the grand soul gem from balmoras mage guild after luring the guard downstairs and use it to make a constant effect invis ring, shadow a guard at the vaults in vivic into the the vault, and loot all the shit, then port to the mudcrab merchant and sell everything I didn't want.

It was involved and much more complicated than I'm making it out to be. A noob to the game would never figure out how to do that without having played for a while and known the locations of the gem, the key, the vault, the mudcrab merchant, ect.

In Skyrim, I run over to Riverside or Whiterun, buy out the ore from the smith guy, wait 24 hours and do it again, repeat until I have enough ore, then sit on the forge for about 2 minutes shitting out daggers. Then I sharpen my shittastic iron sword and bingo bango its got over 100 damage on it. At level 1. Any retarded idiot can do this, and it shows. You don't have to go anywhere, you don't have to have any game knowledge beyond merchants refresh every 24 hours.

Skyrim is shit. Its only use is its expansive modding scene.
>>
>>381053180
>teenager drama character that is going bald and you can't even romance
Solid choice
>>
>You fill the fort with people
>they'll always sleep in those hammock things all together in the same room, and the rest of the place will forever be empty and filled with spiderwebs
>>
>>381054558
>going bald
what
>>
File: 1494737508949.jpg (19KB, 403x389px) Image search: [Google]
1494737508949.jpg
19KB, 403x389px
>>381054448
>In Skyrim, you pound out 100 iron daggers in Whiterun and are automatically a smithing grandmaster, and give yourself a ridiculously OP weapon at game start that nothing else in the game will ever surpass. Same thing with armor.
>Playing Vanilla
>>
>>381051512
ITT: Fallout 4 fans
>>
>>381053890
>so much of it's gameplay issues boiled down to things just having either no scaling, or scaling horribly.
This, so much. Especially the fucking magic. The basic spray spells become completely useless at higher levels, and I wish there was some way to improve artifacts without mods.
>>
>>381055124
Go back to your containment thread
>>
>>381053180
>literally raped by molag bal
reminder that seranafags are cucks
>>
A better question would be is there any video game that makes me feel like a legitimate vampire hunter with a terrifying atmosphere?
>>
>>381056854
Castlevania series, depending on your terror tolerance.
>>
>>381051645
>>381051512
Honestly I found I was enjoying questing a lot more when I had my two daughterus to come home to
>>
>>381051409
Touching The Sky is the best TES quest of all time
>>
>>381056945
uh no
>>
>>381056945
I've never found most castlevanias to be scary. I also really don't like the whip.

I will say the N64 game legacy of darkness or whatever where you played as the werewolf had a terrifying part where you were trying to help a kid escape a guy with a chainsaw in a garden maze.

Are there any games in the WoD universe where you don't play as a vampire but instead as a hunter?
>>
File: 101016.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
101016.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: TESV.png (496KB, 1002x732px) Image search: [Google]
TESV.png
496KB, 1002x732px
>>381051409
No, it was good from start to finish, unless you're a contrarian shit/eater. I fell for the memes and didn't buy the game on launch, only played it recently and found it surprisingly fun despite all the gay "Skyrim is a shit game" memers.
>>
>>381057460
ive played probably about 1000 hours of skyrim but it is by no means a good game.
>>
File: 20170422215316_1.jpg (766KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170422215316_1.jpg
766KB, 1920x1080px
>>381057737
Oh, but it is, your contrarian opinion is irrelevant. It's also a RPG as well, despite all the retards on this board memeing otherwise.
>>
File: toddlet.webm (2MB, 910x942px) Image search: [Google]
toddlet.webm
2MB, 910x942px
>>381057737
yes it is otherwise you wouldn't have played 1000 hours
>>
>>381053679
>Herma Mora < Jyggalag

Learn 2 daedra N'wha
>>
>>381057737
>played 1000+ hours
>not a good game
Pick one, and only one.

P.S. If you've played over 40 - 60 hours of a game, you've lost the right to say anything other than "I enjoyed it", with a bit of constructive criticism.
>>
File: Actual Dragonborn Gameplay.jpg (53KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Actual Dragonborn Gameplay.jpg
53KB, 720x480px
>>381053679
I didn't much care for Dragonborn.
>>
>>381057987
>>381058004
how is my opinion irrelevant? I have played the game in its entirety and can say wholeheartedly that it is not "good". while it might be fun at times and the mods have added so much to it, the base game is pretty bland and has so many glaring flaws that i really cant understand why you would say it's anywhere close to being "good".
>>
>>381056397
>>Not NTRing the King of Rape
When I give her the dragonborn dick she can taunt Molag about how much better I was than him.

As a proud member of the Dawnguard it is your duty to fuck the evil out of every hot vampire that stands between you and justice.

I ain't no greybeard but I'll sure show these ladies how to shout if you know what I mean.

Talos would be proud.
>>
A bit unrelated, but cannot get Skyrim to run on my computer.
>>
>>381058571
Load from a previous save and try again.
>>
>>381058683
Good for you
>>
File: 103853.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
103853.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>381058284
>>
>>381058782
Please, anon. I spent $60 on the game. I want to at least play it
>>
>>381054863
I understand the sentiment but he's strictly talking about vanilla systems

The fact that consolefags can play without shit like frostfall or perk overhauls without killing themselves is incredible
>>
No, Dragonborn was much better. Solstheim was great to revisit. Herma Mora was cool. Dragon riding sucked.
>>
>couldn't side with leader vampire because being a mean vampire is not okay if it makes real changes to the game world, plus how can you be the dragonborn hero of the land if you black out the sun and fully align with the evil vampires
this DLC sums up everything wrong with Skryim
>useless weapons that aren't better than the dragon bone stuff you made at the smith
>no real interactions with anything like killing lady vampire right away or siding with leader vampire, just have to follow the theme park ride's path
>quest line has two sides, both take you down pretty much the exact same path
>>
>>381059327
Fucken this
PS4 mod selection is literal cancer I had to move back to my pc
>>
>>381059692
Honestly the first expansion has always been pretty mediocre.
>>
File: benistobagina.jpg (86KB, 720x435px) Image search: [Google]
benistobagina.jpg
86KB, 720x435px
Serana is the only good follower in unmodded Skyrim.
>>
>>381054448
>In Skyrim, I run over to Riverside or Whiterun, buy out the ore from the smith guy, wait 24 hours and do it again, repeat until I have enough ore, then sit on the forge for about 2 minutes shitting out daggers. Then I sharpen my shittastic iron sword and bingo bango its got over 100 damage on it. At level 1. Any retarded idiot can do this, and it shows. You don't have to go anywhere, you don't have to have any game knowledge beyond merchants refresh every 24 hours.
So you hacked the game for infinite money to buy infinite ore. Why not just hack the game to give yourself 100 smithing?
>>
>>381059994
Teldryn Sero
>>
>>381060931
Can sell daggers for money for ore.
>>
>>381061326
At a severe loss. The ore is like 60gp each and the daggers are 1gp each. You'd be lucky to have a dagger break even at Legendary with 100 Smithing.
>>
>>381061425
Throw an enchantment on them. Badabing badaboom.
Now you're even more OP.
>>
>>381061425
Iron Ore has a value of 2. A dagger has a value of 10.
>>
>>381051409
>Want to be an evil vampire
>Harkon will always fight you at the end even if you give him the bow
>Want to be a vampire slaying crusader
>Game forces serana on you for the entire questline

Nah the entire story was retarded no matter which side you chose.
>>
Serana was best girl
>>
>>381058562
>play a game for over a month
>it's not good guys
So you just enjoy eating shit? It's okay, you won't get banned; just say you like the game.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.