[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have never played any of the Crash games (i was a Nintendo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 11

I have never played any of the Crash games (i was a Nintendo kid) but i have a few questions.

Is the N. Sane Trilogy a good place to start or would i be missing something if i didn't play the originals?

Should i play any of the Crash games that came after 3? I heard everything after 3 is shit.

Do you think after the N. Sane Trilogy PlayStation is gonna make a Crash 4/reboot like their doing with God of War?
>>
>>381043573
We haven't played the N. Sane Trilogy, so how would we know if it's good? Just play or emulate the originals, it's not hard.

> I heard everything after 3 is shit.

You heard wrong, Twinsanity is great.
>>
>>381043573
The N. Sane trilogy is just a remake of the originals, so you're not gonna be missing anything.

And there were other good Crash games like Twinsanity and Crash Team Racing. But the original trilogy is still the best.
>>
File: 3299c92d13902c400b2389c2d0deee27.png (846KB, 1160x963px) Image search: [Google]
3299c92d13902c400b2389c2d0deee27.png
846KB, 1160x963px
https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAENwDAw4Qlam9uqxFA

Let's discuss how Coco is cuteabout the remakes together.
>>
File: 1473408109944.png (54KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1473408109944.png
54KB, 800x1000px
>>381043573
Play NSane Trilogy and Crash Team Racing. Maybe Crash Bash if you feel like playing a serviceable multiplayer game with friends. Now stop there. Don't believe other posts.
>>
File: 3.jpg (108KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
108KB, 1280x720px
>>381043573
Play N.Sane
Play the original 3 before or after, up to you.
Play CTR
Play Twinsanity
Once you finish twinsanity, go look through every single bit of cut content and try not to feel sad.
Avoid Crash of the Titans and Mind over Mutant at all costs.
>>
File: Crash Bandicoot (19).jpg (37KB, 450x550px) Image search: [Google]
Crash Bandicoot (19).jpg
37KB, 450x550px
>>381043573
Yes, though emulating the original 2 and Warped won't hurt. Out of the 6th generation ones, only Twinsanity (and perhaps the first two GBA ones and Nitro Kart) are worth playing.
And I'm super sure they're going to pitch a new continuity game if this one sells well enough. Or at least a CTR remake if they don't feel confident yet.
>>
File: Crash-Team-Racing-02.jpg (94KB, 720x537px) Image search: [Google]
Crash-Team-Racing-02.jpg
94KB, 720x537px
Definitely play Crash Team Racing at some point. It's one of the best Kart Racers I've ever played. Rivals Mario Kart, honestly.
>>
File: Crash Bandicoot 4.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Crash Bandicoot 4.png
1MB, 1024x768px
I see no one has mentioned Wrath of Cortex yet, the first multi-platform game.

I'll say it's average. If you enjoy the first 3 games, you'll likely enjoy this one. Definetly not as good as the first 3 games. Don't expect much of a twist in terms of gameplay.
Vehicle sections up the ass, though.

Crash has some sick fur-shading in the XBox version.
>>
File: 1494103007927.png (240KB, 1000x854px) Image search: [Google]
1494103007927.png
240KB, 1000x854px
Company intro screen for the game
https://twitter.com/destinationmarc/status/876350572969902080
So they have a low poly mode of crash in files.
I hope they make him a playable char.
>>
File: TrashBandicootAssOfBore-tex.jpg (427KB, 1477x1000px) Image search: [Google]
TrashBandicootAssOfBore-tex.jpg
427KB, 1477x1000px
>>381043573
AVOID THIS PIECE OF SHIT AT ALL COSTS. It was my first Crash game (tragic, I know) and it left a sour taste in my mouth until I got a taste of the REAL Crash experience. If you ever lay a hand on a copy of this game, cut that hand off immediately. I could write a novel on why this game sucks, but I'm going to ask for some audience participation. LIST THE REASONS THIS GAME SUCKS.
>>
>>381049131
>I see no one has mentioned Wrath of Cortex yet
That's because it's trash.
>>
File: scratchhead.jpg (21KB, 466x230px) Image search: [Google]
scratchhead.jpg
21KB, 466x230px
>>381049131
>only 6 total levels in which you play as foot for the whole level.
>>
Ha ha, quite ironic how everyone seems to like Twinsanity but doesn't like Wrath of Cortex.

Personally, I fucking hated Twinsanity, lol. Unfinished, buggy mess, I thought it was. It's been a long time since I last played it though, so maybe I didn't play it long enough.
>>
>>381049535
Corridors are too wide, enemy design is poor, game is just ugly, loading times on the ps2 version (not counting the greatest hits version since it was fixed for that), bosses are overall trash, rehashed shit in a worst ways, climbing on the Monkey bars is slow as shit, Coco plays like a nerfed crash etc
>>
>>381043837
oh fuck, another twinsanity fan.

don't forget ctr though. Crash Team Racing is incredible.
>>
>>381049131
This game is absolute fucking garbage. The level design is shockingly bad. You can literally just fucking walk past a lot of the enemies since the levels are so weirdly spacious and empty
>>
Besides what people will say, Wrath of Cortex is okayish.
If you play it before N. Sane you will appreciate the trilogy more. WoC had some decent ideas to keep Crash exciting, just sad that they couldn't be fully worked out. Also loading times are non issue on an emulator.

Nitro Kart is a sub par CTR but is fun at times. Worth a play.
>>
>>381049535
>LIST THE REASONS THIS GAME SUCKS.
I would but the game is L O A D I N G
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.