[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: HdsxDpy.png (69KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
HdsxDpy.png
69KB, 1920x1080px
What went wrong?
>>
>>381036853
>COMING WINTER 2014
>>
>>381036853
didn't they finally change the name?
>>
The fanbase is amazingly bad for a game that doesn't even exist.
>>
>>381037686
I was gonna say, the fanbase is what went wrong. If my fans went on to make shit like this I would want to stop making videogames, too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpFXydY1K8k&t=6s
>>
File: mother 4.jpg (110KB, 960x425px) Image search: [Google]
mother 4.jpg
110KB, 960x425px
>>381036853
Development hell. Which is a shame because I really missed Mother 2's atmosphere and setting in 3 and 4 looked like it was returning to 2's style
>>381037493
Yes, the whiny vocal minority had its way
>>
>>381038535
This looks awful in every single possible way.
>>
>>381036853
A very tiny vocal minority.
His crew being meme-fuckers and the lead developer telling them to cut that shit out.
>>
>>381036853
It's been three fucking years checking up on this game, waiting for a definitive release date.
I haven't necessarily given up, but I definitely find myself mocking the project a lot more.
You can't say you have a fan-made Mother 4 coming out soon, and then continuously push the release back to the point there's not even a plausible date in mind.
>>
>>381038710
I straight up cannot stand Mother 3. It feels like a half-step into trying something different without taking into account all the changes necessary to make it work. The Dragon Quest basis on a game that tried to tell a Final Fantasy story really blows up in its face

Mother 1 and EarthBound are just significantly more focused and better, even if the gameplay isn't as good. It's a shame those improvements were wasted on Mother 3
>>
>4
>>
>>381039416
Not for long.
>>
>>381039396
Mother 3's singular strong point is the story. The setting was turned into Generic Fantasy RPG Island rather than a surreal take on America and other countries with a bit of fantasy mixed in and that's the thing I miss the most.
Hell Mother 3 even makes the items generic down to the main healing line being the same Nut line you see in every JRPG.
>>
>4
>>
>>381036853
Awful organization, shitty directing, no real team motivation to create a finished product.

>>381038710
>v2
lol

Anyway, calling it Mother 4 was kind of dumb in the first place, especially since there's no real reason to continue the mother franchise, and all you're really doing is opening yourself up to potential legal trouble and not allowing the team to monitize the project (which hurts morale).
>>
File: 1477721809497.jpg (26KB, 320x425px) Image search: [Google]
1477721809497.jpg
26KB, 320x425px
>>381039630
I miss it too. Mother 3 just doesn't feel like a good successor. It tries to change up literally everything about why the first two games worked while leaving most of the mechanics functionally the exact same so the game can technically be called a sequel in the first place. The story really doesn't even feel that good in retrospect because there's almost no real attachment to the characters since they don't actually develop due to its Dragon Quest origins

Hell I don't even think the Japanese like it that much cause it's so drastically different. I'm baffled every time everybody actually ask for it to be brought over cause there's really not much to it
>>
>>381040073
>v2
Because spergs were insisting the first poll was rigged despite the results being the same.
>>
I never could get into playing the Mother games. They always bored the shit out of me, Mother 1 was alright for an NES RPG, but I just couldn't get into it. Mother 2, I've beaten twice. Both times felt like the biggest fucking slog I've ever played. I can appriciate its style and its charm, but the RPG portion of the game bores me. Mother 3, I just don't care for it at all. I couldn't bring myself to finish it, I was having so little fun with it.
People told me these games were good, but I just could not get into them.
>>
>>381036853
A bunch of people sperged out about a fangame presenting itself as a legitimate sequel to a very good game.
The rest of us pointed and laughed.
>>
>>381040243
The fun of the first two were that they were parodies of RPGs that came out at the time. They aren't actually amazing games, they're fun little diversions with a quirky sense of humor that's charming

Mother 3's the epic finale told in a drastically different tone and way that it loses everything of what made the first two good and came out at a time when we already had actually groundbreaking RPGs that outright trump it
>>
Missed deadlines is about it. The game itself looks great, and they're rebranding, so the lack of communication and pie in the skyness is about all there is going wrong... But hell, even fucking Iconoclasts is coming out soon, so you can't eve fault them for that too hard.
>>
>>381036853
I'm just going to get this retarded nitpick outta the way.

Why not call it Earthbound 3?
>>
>>381040914
Cause at the time it was being made only one of the games was officially called EarthBound
>>
>>381041104
Makes sense, i remembered that they called the official Mother English release "Earthbound Beginnings".
>>
>>381038535
scrap the self-inserts and up the fps to at least 3 and it might be okay
>>
They thought they were sicker than their average Pappa. twist starmen off instinct, woolies don't think shit stink. Pink gators, my Mr. Saturn players.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.