[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this guy was programmed to make humans happy and did that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 14

File: AltCopyX.png (1MB, 983x1263px) Image search: [Google]
AltCopyX.png
1MB, 983x1263px
So this guy was programmed to make humans happy and did that flawlessly.

Why is he a villain or any different from X?
>>
>>381032070
Because humans are no longer the only sentient being anymore and the subjugation and annihilation of those beings is evil. EVIL!!!

But seriously, humans and reploids are a joint group now, he's evil for having that blind and absolute obedience to that programing. Humans aren't exactly going hungry in those days, no need to be assholes.
>>
>>381032070
Because X tried to create peace between humans and robots. Copy X tried to kill all robots to please humans.

But if that's not enough for you, then here's the real reason: Because his solution to the energy crisis was just a half-measure. Killing the majority of robots to save energy sounds good on paper, but ultimately it didn't change the fact that they were facing an energy crisis and had no concrete method of dealing with it. Even if he killed all the robots, all it would do is prolong the inevitable. And then, to make matters worse, he enlisted the help of a psychopath who nearly brought humanity to extinction a hundred years ago. And then he allowed for the destruction of an entire sector filled with humans by launching a fucking nuke at it. Congratulations, he is officially responsible for the deaths of more humans than any robot of his time, putting aside Omega who is from a previous generation.
>>
>>381032070
Because he was doing so at the expense of innocent replies who were deemed to be maverick when they weren't. Processing error on both him and Ciel.
>>
>>381033060
>Congratulations, he is officially responsible

Technically it's not his fault. The Ciel jew created him without ultilzing the 30-year testing that Dr. Light put x through to ensure a correct perception of justice

It's all her fault. And then she just goes to dig zero out to fix her problems and he dies in the process by the end
>>
>>381033312
Why do people keep acting like some thirty-year diagnostics test is the reason X is an okay guy? It's A DIAGNOSTICS TEST. If X did turn out to be a psychopath, what would a fucking diagnostics test have accomplished? It's more likely that the capsule would have self-destructed had it been shown that X was a danger to humanity.
>>
Is Mega Man Zero really Inafune making up for wasting everyone's time with X?

Cause the Mega Man series has a bad habit of telling a whole story in multiple games that all have the same structure and yet they all still have some filler now and then
>>
>>381033870
It's a side-scrolling platformer. Story is secondary.
>>
>>381033060
This, desu.

Why the fuck would you make a guy who caused the greatest tragedy in the world immortal anyway? Are you trying to encourage him to top himself?
>>
>>381034406
Humanity was driven by emotion. They wanted Weil to suffer forever for what he did. Was it logical? No. But they couldn't be satisfied just by killing him off. So they made him immortal and shoved him into a space station, forcing him to live forever, unable to affect anything.

The REAL stupid thing was not dismantling Omega.
>>
>>381034132
That just makes Classic better since that has no focus on story

Honestly the armor gimmicks in X just don't add much
>>
>>381033870
MMZ wasn't Inafune's doing. It was IntiCreates who pitched it to him, and he signed off on it and probably produced it.
>>
>>381034915
>armor gimmicks don't add much

Except fun?
>>
File: Zero_disambig.jpg (410KB, 859x861px) Image search: [Google]
Zero_disambig.jpg
410KB, 859x861px
>>381034990
And it was the best damn series in the entire franchise. ZX was also oozing potential.

What caused Inafune to fall so far from grace
>>
>>381035495
Total incompetence from no executives leashing him

When's that MN9 cartoon coming out?
>>
>>381035495
Dunno. Why was MMZ restricted to the GBA, and why did ZX flop so hard? Why was the X series so garbage despite having his favorite character and revitalizing the Mega Man brand?
>>
>>381032070
>So this guy was programmed to make humans happy and did that flawlessly.
making humans and only humans happy is a terrible idea and you know that
copy x murdered reploids - sentient beings -
solely for the crime of being reploids
i defy you to justify that
>>
>>381033598

>Why do people keep acting like some thirty-year diagnostics test is the reason X is an okay guy?

Because they played Mega Man X1 where it's explained in the opening cutscene instead of just watching some Youtuber and then feeling like they had an authority on the franchise
>>
>>381036110
The opening cutscene didn't claim that it would fix any bugs present in X if it found them. It just asked that no one disturb the capsule until the diagnostics test finishes.

Again, it was a DIAGNOSTICS TEST.
>>
>>381035701

>Why was MMZ restricted to the GBA

Because they wanted a Mega Man action game on the GBA

>and why did ZX flop so hard

ZX Advent flopped, not ZX. Possibly due to how ridiculously easy it was to pirate DS games by the time Advent came out.

>Why was the X series so garbage despite having his favorite character and revitalizing the Mega Man brand?

Inafune didn't have any significant involvement in the franchise until Mega Man 8. I'm not sure why people think he was the brains behind Mega Man.

Battle Network revitalized the franchise. X just kept it on life support.
>>
>>381035630
>That spolier
Anon what the fuck
>>
Anyone else pretty mad they never put BN on steam? I would have enjoyed dat multiplayer
>>
>>381035701
Because:

1.The Game Boy was the most popular device besides the PS2 in Japan at the time.

2.No one will develop a 2D game on 3D consoles back then(this perception has changed nowdays through).

3.ZX Flop because we already when through 4 AMAZING games, but gamers will get tired of a game no matter how good it is if is produced so often, the series needed to sleep for 10 years after MMZ4.
>>
>>381032070
>Why is he a villain?
Because you happened to be on the side of the reploids he wanted to shut down.
>or any different from X
He was more emotionally unstable due to just being an inferior copy and because Capcom didn't want to let them make X a villain.

Maverick had pretty much lost any and all meaning by 4.
>>
>>381036758
>by X4*.
fixed
>>
>>381032952
>Because humans are no longer the only sentient being anymore
Reploids have been sentient since the conception. It's what puts them apart from any pre-X robots. Didn't stop normal X from slaughtering dozens of them every game.
>>
>>381036532
>I'm not sure why people think he was the brains behind Mega Man.

He was practically running the show by the time he was asked to make a new Mega Man for the SNES. He also designed and created half the characters, chief among them being Zero. Last, the wall-kick was his idea.

To answer my own question, the transition to PSX was rougher than transitioning to SNES. That's the problem in a nutshell.

>Battle Network revitalized the franchise. X just kept it on life support.

Battle Network divided it further, though. It was it's own thing. Chances are you either played Mega Man Zero or Battle Network.
>>
>>381033060
>he enlisted the help of a psychopath who nearly brought humanity to extinction a hundred years ago
For all we know Weil just reprogrammed him before reviving him into being ok with asking for his help. I mean he did reprogram all the bosses of Z3 who were originally known as the Gentle Judges.
>>
>>381037160
His personality seemed pretty much the same as before, unlike the Judges who did complete 180s.
>>
>>381037007

>Battle Network divided it further, though. It was it's own thing. Chances are you either played Mega Man Zero or Battle Network.

Chances are you wouldn't be getting any more Mega Man games for years if it weren't for Battle Network.

That spin off was a huge hit with the kids which more than justified keeping Mega Man around and its various active spin offs around further.
>>
>>381032070
Reploids are just robots,Lord X was right in wanting to retire all of them. Zero is a terrorist and deserves to die.
>>
>>381033598
>It's A DIAGNOSTICS TEST
Wasn't it constantly running a bunch of simulations to refine his AI? Or was that a retcon from Maverick Hunter X? Originally it was meant to be stopped after some years but Light died and it went on for 30 before X was discovered.
>>
>>381037323
Battle Network was great. I got into MegaMan because of BN2.
>>
File: zerohelmet.png (114KB, 1200x2400px) Image search: [Google]
zerohelmet.png
114KB, 1200x2400px
>>
>>381032070

X should've been the villain. I stand by this opinion.
>>
>>381037323
>Chances are you wouldn't be getting any more Mega Man games for years if it weren't for Battle Network.

Maybe that would've been for the best. Most of the games we did get since were either bad or unreleased.
>>
>>381032070
>So this guy was programmed to make humans happy
No, he was built to be a perfect copy of X, a robot with a mind equivalent to that of humans, complete with free will. He was then thrust into the position of a ruler, despite lacking all the life experiences X had that had made him into the kind hero he was. He proceeded to try and fill the shoes provided for him, developed a self-righteous attitude and tried to bring happiness to the human populace by discriminating against the reploids with an iron fist, something X would have opposed (too bad he was stuck as a robo-soul with a dormant body).

>>381032952
>Humans aren't exactly going hungry in those days, no need to be assholes.
It wasn't really explained that well, but there was also something of an energy crisis in that age as well, I think? Made Copy-X's government very powerful and the reploid populace an easy target. Ciel ended up giving up the position of Resistance leader so she could focus on developing a solution (which she does between MMZ 2 & 3).
>>
>>381037682
The exact details are never gone into.

>"Approximately 30 years will be required before we can safely confirm his reliability. [...] Therefore, I have decided to seal him in this capsule, which will test his internal systems until his reliability has been confirmed."

That's pretty much it. Strictly speaking, it seems that it was only checking him for bugs and making sure there were no critical errors in his hardware, since prior to the discovery of Zero, the majority of Maverick activity were actually due to flaws in a Reploid's systems. Unfortunately, the problem with a robot that is capable of making its own decisions is that, even if there's nothing wrong with it hardware, there's really nothing stopping it from deciding to be an asshole of its own accord and there have been countless examples of such throughout the series.

There was never anything wrong with Copy-X from a design standpoint. He was just an asshole.
>>
>>381037951
>but there was also something of an energy crisis in that age as well, I think?
Yeah that was the main reason reploids were being killed left and right, to save energy. It's a shame that the crisis was solved by Z3 but because of Weil's power grab it became irrelevant since Neo Arcadia's dickery was now just him being a spiteful son of a bitch and making life miserable for robots and humans alike.
>>
Technically every reploid is in a way a copy of X since X was the first reploid and when unearthed all subsequent reploids were created based on his coding.
>>
>>381038284
The original implication was supposed to be that Weil died in that explanation same as everyone else and Z3 would have been the end of the series. But then they churned out Z4 so everything was way worse.
>>
>TFW you will never have a Mega Man X TV show set before the Maverick Wars
>>
>>381038764
Everything about Z4 just felt so much more...bland? than previous Zero games. The only part of that game I recall favorably was the final fight with Weil. I just didn't really care about the new human characters, nor the reploid that loved that reporter, nor the new stages and base.
>>
>>381038750
so is everyone X or is X everyone's dad
>>
>>381039009
Kraft Singles was the best boss fight in the series, though.
>>
>>381039080
X is everyone's dad and Sigma is X and Zero's lovechild because Zero sprayed his Z virus all inside Sigma's code.
>>
>>381039080

X is RoboGod

Everyone was created in his bkup.vhd
>>
Man, the way the X, ZX and Legends series really make me want to pretend that garbage never happened, ever since X5 it felt like they completely dicked over their story. The saddest thing is never finding what happened to the original Megaman and others like Roll, Bass and beings like Duo and Protoman. I refuse to believe the stupid ass theory that Wily sent Zero to slaughter them all and in return Light made X. It makes me even madder that the comics are shitcanned so I'll never get an answer there either. The only Megaman to have a corrector beginning and end that ended happily is Network and Starforce.
>>
Mavericks is what happens when you let an archaeologist code after he sees a few lines of code from some robot he dug up and thinks he's hot shit.
>>
Wait do people actually care about the story of Megaman games? It's so corny and is only there to give the game some structure.
>>
>>381039454
Auto is alive during the X series. MegaMan is dead via suicide as MegaMan killed his reprogrammed future self, Quint. Protoman was destined to die due to a defect that he didn't want fixed, Bass probably was killed by MegaMan at some point. I can't see him letting go of his grudge against MegaMan, but as you said no one knows. Rush and Roll's fate are also in limbo, but I'd like to think they are with Auto. Duo probably went back to space. There you go, everyone relevant has been accounted for.
>>
>>381040097
>Wait do people actually care about the story of Megaman games?
Only after X mostly. Some people are curious as to what happens between classic and X time periods.
>>
>>381032070
The boss fight against Copy X in the first Zero game described it best, he was a naive fuck who saw himself as a perfect copy of X that could do no wrong, when you beat him, he couldn't accept that he lost based solely on the fact that he saw himself as a perfect copy of a legendary hero.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>381037951
Anyone else feel bad for Copy-X?

>made to be like X
>has none of his experiences, but carries all of the expectations that come with being X
>tries his best to fix the world the way he thinks would be best
>everyone hates him for it
>he dies wondering why he can't be a hero like X
>and then gets brought back again
>just to get killed off again
>also he has a stutter now
>>
>>381041684
Same, not even X likes him.
>>
File: N0001a.jpg (40KB, 275x392px) Image search: [Google]
N0001a.jpg
40KB, 275x392px
zero's illustrator = HENTAI illustrator
>>
>>381042109
its not that unusual. the character designer for legends and tron bonne did a bunch of "unofficial" art, before they asked him "pls dont do that"
>>
File: 593045.gif (1MB, 200x190px) Image search: [Google]
593045.gif
1MB, 200x190px
>>381037736
>>
File: 1468633924783.jpg (5KB, 155x146px) Image search: [Google]
1468633924783.jpg
5KB, 155x146px
>>381032070
>programmed to make humans happy
i-in what way
>>
File: ApathyProject1274431576.jpg (53KB, 374x600px) Image search: [Google]
ApathyProject1274431576.jpg
53KB, 374x600px
>>381042109
N-name or source please?
>>
File: 5.jpg (369KB, 1133x1600px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
369KB, 1133x1600px
>>381042109
Not just any hentai
Toku hentai. The best kind.
>>
File: generic tumbler name.jpg (322KB, 907x1300px) Image search: [Google]
generic tumbler name.jpg
322KB, 907x1300px
>>381042767
what do you mean
>>
Megaman Zero plot is fucking retarded
If original X cyber elf can show up anywhere anytime why didnt he show up to copy X early and said he was doing thing wrong?
>>
File: latest[8].jpg (36KB, 260x200px) Image search: [Google]
latest[8].jpg
36KB, 260x200px
>>381042109
>>381043061
i knew i recognize that chameleon
>>
File: 1489408629139.png (300KB, 460x430px) Image search: [Google]
1489408629139.png
300KB, 460x430px
>>381043628
>Just assuming it didnt happen
>>
>>381043628
>X literally tells Zero to eliminate Copy X with extreme prejudice
I think he didn't want him to survive.
>>
File: 9.jpg (266KB, 1088x1600px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
266KB, 1088x1600px
>>381042109
>>381043635
>>
>>381043061
I tried to get into Toku because of all his fanwork, but it's just not for me.
>>
Do you think Gunvolt could work an AU of MegaMan Zero where Copy-X eradicates all Reploids?
>>
>>381046215
>All Reploids eliminated
>Superhumans show up
There is no peace
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.