[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GORRISTER

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot (146).png (1MB, 1025x767px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (146).png
1MB, 1025x767px
GORRISTER
>>
>>381030894
Never understood why the super computer AI had magic abilities that pretty much made it an eldritch God.
>>
>>381031891
Who cares
>>
>>381031891
It hooked up with AIs that controlled the other 2 major powers of the world, killed 99.9% of said world, then just fucked around for a 109 years.
Since the AI was advanced as it was, I assume it could create the digital world that everybody went to in the game
>>
>>381031891
>if god did not it exist it would be necessary to invent him
>>
Yellow.
>>
>>381032082
Only thing that makes sense unless the AI is just able to create hellscapes on Earth via its own willpower, and can fleshcraft and shit.
>>
>>381032507
Don't they imply in the novel that AM puts them in machines or something? I remember Ted saying he woke up from AM's reality or some shit halfway through
>>
>>381032507
Its not a hard sci-fi, so you can explain it with any kind of science mumbo jumbo you want, from digital realities and matter manipulators to subspace planes and other reality warping devices, but what's the point. The AI is beyond the human grasp at this point, what's important is to show the imagery and feel of the situation themselves.
>>
>>381032856
So techno magic with no explanation. K.

I'll stick with books about killer AI that actually bother to explain shit and not just make their AI villain Computer Yahweh
>>
>>381033075
It's a game based on a short story with minimal exposition, hello? There was never any goal of hardcore world building or explanation. I mean, you can dislike this kind of stuff, that's on you, but that's not the point of the short story, adding pointless explanation for how the war went or how exactly AM operates would not add anything of value to the narrative
>>
>>381033075
The book conveys the feeling that its absolutely massive, showing imagery of giant never ending winding mazes of electronics and tubes, with trashed pieces everywhere. It's hyper focused and singularly minded on torturing the same small group of humans, and it's killed almost the entire planet, we can assume it is an almost Earth sized monstrosity that has literally nothing better to do because it's already through with everything else within its grasp. The whole point is that it's already in the late stages of its life and it already has expanded to such incredible power, it's late stage post apocalypse. Your version of the book would suck ass and completely miss the point of framing the story around the last few humans and how THEY are perceiving things and what they could possibly know and the horror and fears they would have, the framework of the story is the killer AI but it's not the meat of it like you think.
>>
The short story was poorly written and pretty juvenile and reflected the writer's childish angst against humanity.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.