[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tales of Berseria / Zestiria

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: TalesOfBerseriaOfZestiriaOfFuck.jpg (275KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
TalesOfBerseriaOfZestiriaOfFuck.jpg
275KB, 1280x720px
What do you guys think about both games?

I'm only playing ToZ right now because I want to play ToB, and a friend of mine told me to play ToZ first.

But I'm not really enjoying it, and I want to know if ToB will be any better. Plot, characters, combat system.
>>
All you need to know is that protagonist of Z accidentally fucks up the timeline which leads to protagonist of B losing all of her family and friends and turning into a revenge thirsty edgelord
>>
>>381028754
>>381028914
Yeah, well, spoiler-free opinions would be nice.
>>
>>381028754
ToB is better than ToZ in almost every way, its the best tales game in the last decade (for what that's worth). Also best main party in the series.
>>
>>381029091
Velvet kills Artorious and seals her little brother(who agreed to be killed by Artorious) away in an eternal dream
>>
>>381028754
Play whatever game you like. None of them are really connected apart from the direct sequels (Xilia/xilia2)

For tales specifically, I'd recommend playing from the newest title backwards, as they iterate upon the design of the older games. Also acceptable is playing from the start, if you can tolerate retro games/graphics.

Some fanboys will say certain games are trash or not, but that's all just opinions.
>>
>>381028754
Berseria is better than Zestiria in basically every way. The only reason you would ever want to play Zestiria is to see some of the connections that Berseria makes and to appreciate how much better it is after the shit show from Zestiria.
>>
>>381028754
Zestiria is wack, Berseria is slightly less wack but with one of the best casts in the series so Berseria wins.
>>
>>381030061
There's also the very real possibility of the crossover sequel to both games.
>>
File: 1490818711837.jpg (91KB, 550x737px) Image search: [Google]
1490818711837.jpg
91KB, 550x737px
>>381029909
Berseria is the direct prequel to Zestiria though.
>>
I actually like Zestiria's beginning, it's pretty solid and there are a lot of neat details that don't show up later, like the Gramps's pipe thing and taking too long to save the dog.

It was pretty clear at some point they just gave up
>>
Berseria improves story and characters massively, but the gameplay isn't really much better besides being 60fps and not having a retarded skill system.
>>
>>381029909
desu only legendia was absolute irredeemable trash. It had the worst combat i ever seen in a videogame and absolutely abysmal story and character with exception of only one.
>>
>>381030061
the worse thing of Berseria for me is the combat, what a fucking retarded clusterfuck, I hate that dodging doesn't give automatically a BG, you have to run to the thing breaking all the combat flow

there are some bosses that are fucking frustating (AOE attack with almost no setup animation and that one-hits) and the way you have to do status effects to get more BG so you can do more combos is very bad

at the end, once you get 4 BG the combat boils down to R2-X-X-X-X-X-R2-X-X-X-X-X
>>
>>381032012
Main character basically breaks the game too hard.

I miss arts from symphonia, simple was still fun
>>
>>381028754
Berseria is slightly better in terms of gameplay, but it takes a massive nosedive in terms of characters and story.
>>
>>381032464
>bunch of random nobodies sticks with the angsty main character at the beginning and she is completely ok with them following her around.

Just like my 90's party members. Nothing more immersion breaking to see people forcing themselves on your party just because they are needed.
>>
They are both shit compared to Symphonia. Tales Of series is dead and not worth it anymore.
>>
>>381031713
I thought the weapon skill system was much better in zesteria than berseria.
>>
>>381032464
There is literally nobody on the planet who can justify the statement that Berseria has worse plot and characters than fucking Zestiria.
>>
>>381028754
Both of these two games specifically are connected in the same world, but it's not necessary to play Zestiria to enjoy Berseria
Zestiria had a couple of flaws and Berseria waas made with the intention of correcting those flaws
The only reason I can give as to why anyone should play Zestiria is so they can enhance their enjoyment of Berseria

As for how Berseria is in comparison, it's better than Zestiria in almost all aspects
but judging Berseria on it's own as a single game it has:
great characters and interactions
a decent plot that gets the job done
combat is pretty easy and can get boring considering the player doesn't have to do much to win battles other than grinding and spamming
walking and running around is such a pain and easily the worst part of the game, areas are too big with chests and other things scattered around that are not fun to collect, it just wastes time and pads the game's length

I enjoyed Berseria so much that I got the plat for it, but now that my excitement has calmed down, I can admit that it's not as great as I thought it was but still enjoyable, it's not a waste of time to play and can get more fun the more invested you're into it
>>
File: Velvet.png (393KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
Velvet.png
393KB, 640x960px
>>381028754
I'm IN LOVE with Velvet.
>>
>>381032945
Not really, Zestiria's weapon skill system is much better but only if you're either very lucky with the shit you get or very willing to go out of your way to get what you want from Normins and assigning them to an area so monsters can drop a weapon that might have a skill you're looking for, then having to upgrade them.

At least Berseria kinda resembles Vesperia where you just gain skills from having the item equipped without having to go too out of your way to get something, only having to occasionally change your weapons and upgrading them.
>>
>>381028754
You can skip ToZ if you want
>>
File: 1491067539127.jpg (45KB, 320x419px) Image search: [Google]
1491067539127.jpg
45KB, 320x419px
>>381032635
>Main characters are a bunch of thugs who are only traveling together out of self-serving reasons
>Actually become genuine friends by the end
>Still act like a bunch of thugs though

They're the best. I do think of 90s characters, they remind me of the slayers.

Also the skits in this game are god tier, the cast all play off each other really well.
>>
>>381032635
You're not really giving the game credit, it definitely goes out of its way to define party motivations and why they wanna stick together.
>>
Zestiria is some of the worst Tales i've played in.
Berseria has some redeeming qualities but everything gameplay and especially dungeon design related is still a fucking disgusting, irredeemable clusterfuck.
Overall i just want to say that i hate Baba and his influence on Tales games.
>>
weeb shit
>>
>>381032635
The only party member that has no real reason to stick around after their initial introduction is Rokurou and maybe Magilou as a stretch. Everyone else had their own motivations to stick around and to put up with Velvet's revenge boner.
>>
The only thing that Zestiria does better is its opening theme song.
>>
>>381028914
Berseria is the prequel dumbass.
>>
ToZ is the worst tales game. ToB is an okay tales game. Go play tales of hearts R, it's much much better.
>>
>>381031490
I honestly thought people were bullshitting when they said the game was bad at first because the beginning was great. Never saw a game drop the ball that fast after a certain point.
>>
Thank Jesus I was able to play Berseria before Zesteria. The retarded AI and ridiculous "Merge with another party member so you can become one target. Good luck if you're the water archer" shit ruined it for me as well as the story flow feeling much slower.
>>
>>381035628
I agree with you bro

>that last dungeon that makes you go forth and back

fuck
>>
>>381028754
You really are doing it wrong. ToZ is basically awful gameplay-wise, and the first few hours of story are pretty shit too. I tried to play it when it came out, but I just couldn't get more than 15 hours into it before I just threw my hands up and said "fuck this."

I played ToB after basically having given up on this series, and was pleasantly surprised. I fell in love with it, the combat felt awesome if a bit confusing at first, the exploration was there, the speed was there, it has the best cast IMO of any Tales game, its got the replayability, all of that.

To be honest, finishing ToB first retroactively made ToZ a better game, because I was more invested in the world and mythology, it made it easier to overlook the places where it falls short.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.