[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sony is being very petty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 308
Thread images: 34

File: image.jpg (80KB, 640x786px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 640x786px
http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/817268/PS4-E3-2017-news-PlayStation-Xbox-One-Nintendo-Switch-cross-play-Minecraft-Rocket-League

"We have a contract with the people who go online with us, that we look after them and they are within the PlayStation curated universe."

Has this been brought up here? It's kind of old news by now but I haven't seen anything on it. Why is Sony so petty? Why are they talking about their players like they own them?
>>
Sony doesn't have to compete. That's why they're doing it.

Their install base is so fucking massive, they just don't give a fuck.
>>
They do own them, they made ps+ required for online play without improving anything and people just went with it.
Now they raised the price without improving anything and people are still going with it
>>
>>381027220
We've heard this before in the industry. It never lasts forever.
>>
>>381027220
This. Microsoft would've done the same shit last gen.
>>
>>381027093
But why would Nintendo and Microsoft agree to such thing?

Are they that desparate?
>>
>>381027602
I'm not saying what they're doing is right, it's just why I think they're doing it.

Personally having cross platform play on all multi-plats would be ideal.
>>
Sony are lying but yeah: They push for it because they want people to buy PS4 Minecraft if they wanna play with their PS4 Minecraft friends.

They are the leader on the market and thats why they can pull that move.
It's not pro-consumer but at the end nobody will say PS4-boycott because of some minor online restrictions.
>>
The PS4 has sold over 60M units, that's over double the Xbone and more than Xbone, Wii U and Switch put together, this deal works more in favor for Xbone and Switch than it does for PS4
>>
>>381028137
>But why would Nintendo and Microsoft agree to such thing?

Why not? Nintendo's third party playerbase is so small that their consumers would probably welcome crossplay with PC and Xbox if it meant more people to play with
>>
The console that does worse always wants cross play. This shit isn't any different from last gen when Microsoft wouldn't let the 360 play with PS3. That was the whole reason Valve supported the PS3 crossplay when Portal 2 came out.
>>
>>381028137
>Two companies make a pro-consumer move
>"Wtf are they that desperate?"
>>
>>381029226
>pro-consumer move

Hey, we live in the same universe as Valve and Sony. That's a rare thing to see :^)
>>
>>381029226
>pro-consumer

This is a side effect of the agreement, not the purpose of it.
>>
>>381027093
they have the bigger community so won't benefit nearly as much the others by enabling crossplay
it's fair game
>>
>getting destroyed in sales
>odds are xbox x is the last xbox if it flops
>they are desperate to get some players over/from sony
>how about we do cross platform? if they say no as a smart business should, retards on /v/ will see them as evil!
>this thread proves this
I would love cross play to buy all of my multiplayer multiplats on my PC, but stop pretending Sony is being evil for no reason for not doing it. It's a business dipshit.
>>
>"hahaha why are you so shit, brah?"
>"oh you're playing this on a switch?"
>"LOL UR SO POOR"
>>
>>381029659
>odds are xbox x is the last xbox if it flops

I don't think so pal.

But either way none of this changes the fact that it's a shitty move by Sony. No amount of theorizing about the motivations changes that.
>>
Who cares, Microsoft told them to fuck off last gen
>>
>>381029659
xbox never made any financial returns, its a pet project that microsoft just likes having

they're already just windows 10 boxes anyway
>>
same reason that pc gamers dont mix with console users

playstation users are just better gamers than ninteoddlers and xborts
>>
Every Nintendo console ever has been hacked. Why would Sony want to get that kind of shit connected to their network?
>>
>>381028137
Nintendo are desperate and Phil Spencer is a sincere person.
>>
>>381027093
>REEE HOW DARE SONY FUCK UP BY NOT LETTING A HANDFULL OF FAGGOTS ON NINTENDO AND XXBONEXX INFECT THE MASSIVE AMOUNT OF SONY PLAYERS REEEEEE SONY IS FUCKING UP REEEEEE

Okay.
>>
>>381029659
>>odds are xbox x is the last xbox if it flops
the PS3 wasn't the last playstation and microsoft are doing much better as a whole than sony so literally what are you basing that on
>>
>Why does the 5 star chef not want to share his cooking with the restaurants next door?
Yes it's petty, yes Sony will fall someday, yes Microsoft will do the same thing, yes Microsoft will fall again someday, yes we'll still be having this discussion. Microsoft and Nintendo aren't thinking of your interests here either, they're thinking of their own by trying to attract more customers. Sony is thinking of their own by tightening their grip on their current customers.
>>
>Microsoft: REEEEEEEE SHARE YOUR PLAYERBASE
>Sony: no
>>
>>381027093
seems dumb that playstation can't play with xbox but playstation can play with windows pc users. xbox one is basically a windows 10 pc with custom hardware
>>
>>381027093
I dont want nintenddolers and xbros in my glorious sony servers.
Nintendo markets to middle schoolers, xbox to dudebro gamers. No thanks, based sony wins again
>>
>>381031220
>but playstation can play with windows pc

[no]
>>
>>381030104
>"Yep I do love companies making decisions about who I should play with for me! Boy do I love Sony!"
>>
>>381029479
what's the purpose?
>>
>>381031526
ps4 and pc play together on same servers for FFXIV.

like I said xbox is running on windows 10 with custom APU hardware so I see no excuse why sony supports windows pc but not xbox.
>>
>>381027093
But you fuckers weren't mad last gen when the situation was reversed? And even earlier this gen when the same shit happened with FFXIV? Fuck off shill.
>>
>>381027093
Cause Microsoft paid lots of Shekels to get in bed with Nintendo.
Reminder that Sony wanted to cross play on equal terms with Microsoft during PS3 / 360 era, but Microjew had a better online platform wanted to fuck Sony over with their agreement.
>>
>>381027093
I've noticed that Sony is eager to inflate the egos of their consumers and feed into this image of 'elitism'.
Really makes me think that Sony themselves are the reason their fanbase is so shit at it's worst.
>>
>>381031526
they can on rocket league
>>
>>381031738
Sounds like whataboutism to me. It wasn't right when MS did it, and it isn't right for Sony now.
>>
>>381027220
>Sony doesn't have to compete.
Is this why they rip-off popular Nintendo games and products all the time?
>>
>>381031569
>Oh boy, I think I have freedom.
Grow up.

>>381031691
FFXIV has completely private servers. Sony isn't preventing companies from mixing users on their own servers. They're refusing to allow cross-play on games using Sony servers or peer to peer across son network.

>>381031796
See above.
>>
So it wasn't petty when m$ did it?
>>
>>381029995
>Phil Spencer is a sincere person.

Is he really? Don't be fooled by his charisma
>>
File: horsetyping.jpg (26KB, 346x297px) Image search: [Google]
horsetyping.jpg
26KB, 346x297px
>>381027093
>console minecraft
I might not be up to date with shit that toddlers play these days but I always thought this game's longevity came from mods.
Unless those are somehow available on consoles these days.
>>
>>381031569
Is this nigger actually implying other companies don't make decisions for you?

Xboys and Nintenshills are a whole new breed of pathetic.
>>
>>381031976
>I think I have freedom

I do. I'm not sitting there doing nothing while a company talks about basically the social contract it has with its players in which they have to stay totally loyal.
>>
>>381032139
>I do.
[no]
>>
>>381032041
Mods are coming + to be fair it's for rocket league too
>>
>sony has way more people online than PC, Xbox, and nintendo
>thinking they would throw away people being a part of the ecosystem for good boy points
If you want decent online, get a PS4
>>
>>381032080
They do, to an extent, but you're talking about if a company makes anti-consumer-choice decisions at all it's automatically as bad as one that makes even more of those decisions.

>>381032000
See
>>381031826
>>
>>381031976
Fair enough
>>
>>381029791
>"the wifi in this Starbucks is shit man"
>>
>>381032375
>They do, to an extent,
So does sony, see >>381031976
Maybe you're giggling to yourself thinking you're cleverly fooling everyone. But you suck at this and your bias is extremely obvious. maybe you should, you know, fuck off back to pick up your 20 cents, Rajesh.
>>
>>381031424
Or stop being a poor faggot and have more than 1 console? Stop using brand loyalty as an excuse for being a minimum wage faggot who can't afford what he wants.
>>
>>381027093
Fuck off, drone. Sony made the right decision, we sonybros doesn't need crossplay because we are better than you guys
Yes I swear, we are better than Switchfags, Xbots and PCfats
>>
File: 1497319908451.gif (492KB, 500x245px) Image search: [Google]
1497319908451.gif
492KB, 500x245px
>>381027093
>Playstation has the old chucklefucks from the horrible Xbox Live days now that the FIFA, Madden, Halo and Call of Duty kiddies have moved to PSN.
>Technically, Sony is shielding everyone else's install base from their shitters.

Keep those aspies where they belong.
>>
AHEM anti consumer COUGH COUGH
>>
>>381032237
Strange that I can't find a game 50% of the time then isn't it nigger. PS4 might have plenty of faggots playing COD but it's garbage for finding players in actual games for grownups.
>>
>>381027220
Yup.

Although I don't think many people are confused about WHY they're doing it, we know why. We're just mad because it's a dick move. Also their justification is laughable.
>>
File: ps kikes.png (90KB, 934x816px) Image search: [Google]
ps kikes.png
90KB, 934x816px
Why does Sony hate their own players so much?
>>
>>381028007
Nope. Microsoft is the one to originally suggest crossplay last gen
>>
>>381027093
This is like the fucking mods thing with Skyrim and Fallout 4.
I'm at the point where I'm going to stop buying games for the PS4 and just start buying them for the Xbone. Sony is getting too cocky.
>>
>>381027093
More games have to feature Crossplay so Sony start even consider it being an issue.
>>
>>381032375
>Company decides to keep the titles using their network and servers as a closed environment so they can offer the best performance and environment they can.
>OMG ANTI CONSUMER.

How about you stop shitting out buzzwords? Its not anti-consumer, they're not making a decision for you because its not a fucking option in the first place. If they said you're not allowed to go to PC and play PC servers, that's making a decision for you, when they say Xbox users can't connect to a sony network, that's them making their decision for themselves. Your incredibly inflates sense of entitlement has completely clouded your comprehension of your rights.

Is this getting through to you? Its a decision made in the best interest of their costumers. Regardless of whether you agree with it or not, it is not Anti-consumer you fucking moron, Anti-consumer means it hurts the consumer, its not anti-consumer just because some dipshit like you that doesn't know what 2+2 is doesn't like it.

Its not making decisions for you because its not your fucking network, its not your fucking service, its not your fucking company, and no, its not your fucking game, you're paying for a right to use it, that is all.

Stop being such an entitled over-opinionated sack of shit, learn what the fuck your crying about and maybe someone will take you fucking seriously for once, but as long as you're spouting this pseudointellectual garbage clouded with buzzwords you aren't doing anything, even if your arguments had a point they're discredited instantly by a clear lack of even slightest understanding how the world works.

4chan is an 18+ site, and you're showing your underage.
>>
as a playstationbro I honestly would love to cross play with other consoles especially with a game like this where the worlds and server ideas are endless. I don't wanna be stuck with other PS4 players that probably hardly play.

but from a stupid ass "BUSINESS" perspective, i understand why they did this.

Oh well.
>>
>>381033009
They gave backwards compatibility and less than 2% of the people even used it.

They stopped it to reduce the cost, that's all there is to it.
>>
File: 1497647985096.png (646KB, 929x726px) Image search: [Google]
1497647985096.png
646KB, 929x726px
>>381032936
kek, anon's right you know
>>
File: 41515.jpg (80KB, 550x420px) Image search: [Google]
41515.jpg
80KB, 550x420px
>>381033009
Because almost no one use it, why Waste resources ?
>>
>>381033336
Shouldn't you fuck back off to twitter to apologize for your white guilt you entitled sack of shit?
>>
>>381033150
Wow, so angry. Be careful anon, so much stress can give you a heart attack.

Sony wouldn't have to do much if any work to complete the cross-play feature. The reason they're citing for not wanting to do so is because they're afraid that they're players are going to be "affected" and won't be loyal anymore.

Please explain to me how this decision helps the PS4's environment. This is indefensible besides "MS would've done the same thing!" Sony doesn't trust their own playerbase.
>>
>>381033295
>backwards comparability
Charging again for games you already own on previous gen consoles isn't backwards compatibility, anon.
>>
>>381029659
Yes, we know anti-consumer behavior is profitable. That doesn't mean we shouldn't criticize it.
>>
>>381033404
>entitled
It's funny you talk about people being underaged when you're such a little corporate cocksucker that they trained you to be through videogame journalism at a young age.
>>
>>381033438
You're trying too hard, you're not even in the ballpark of what I was talking about, but its cute you're trying.

>>381033410
>Wow, so angry.
stopped reading.
>>
File: StraightOuttaSomewhere.jpg (119KB, 846x846px) Image search: [Google]
StraightOuttaSomewhere.jpg
119KB, 846x846px
>>381033562
>It's funny
Stopped reading.

>>381033584
At least someone's fucking me huh mister wizard?
>>
>Microsoft makes you sign up for Xbox Live for cross platform play
>Sony tells them to fuck off

Makes sense.
>>
>>381027093
>that we look after them and they are within the PlayStation curated universe

Proceed to let hackers steal their clients data
>>
>>381033583
Well what are you referring to then? Sony hasn't even attempted backwards compatibility since early PS3.
Besides, how the fuck does Nintendo do it every gen? You can always play previous gen titles on the new console. Its smart business. Why would you buy a console with no fucking games and no ability to play the ones you already have at release?
>>
>>381033739
Microsoft requires you to use their Online service to play online, yea. It's not like they're requiring Switch users to pay for XBL too.
>>
>>381033770
Only had to go back 6 years this time. Real topical stuff kiddo.
>>
File: Top 10 best selling PS4 games.png (25KB, 961x435px) Image search: [Google]
Top 10 best selling PS4 games.png
25KB, 961x435px
>>381027220
>Their install base is so fucking massive
Yet only a percentage of that 60 million plays games...
Really gets the noggin joggin'...
>>
>>381033295
>>381033391
Hard core damage control. I couldn't imagine being a sony nigger trying to defend not being able to play games that they already own from the same family of consoles.

Feels good be to on PC with backwards compability for games from 30 years ago.
>>
>>381033030
I vaguely remember a situation in the past when Microsoft wanted Final Fantasy XI to have XBox-only servers.
>>
>>381033739
i dont get it, why are you sonyfags so salty about other consoles that you dont want the ability to even play with people you likely know or will eventually meet IRL.. you know like friends...
>>
>>381033840
>Besides, how the fuck does Nintendo do it every gen? You can always play previous gen titles on the new console.
Because nintendo makes literal toasters and retards pay out the ass for basically same hardware with a new name slapped on. And people still barely ever use backwards compatibility.
>>
>>381030123
Xbox has been flopping since the first one, is dead in japan and is on life support here.
>>
>>381033963
But you can play the games you already own, on the console you got them on
>>
>>381033963
>Feels good be to on PC with backwards compability for games from 30 years ago.
That nobody ever plays.

Besides, PC needs backwards compatibility because it sure as fuck doesn't get any new games that aren't garbage or indie shovelware.
>>
>>381034164
it doesnt need new games when its the only platform that runs multiplat games at 60fps
>>
>>381034063
Oh I agree Nintendo consoles post GameCube are fucking stupid. Regardless though shitty hardware has no bearing on the ability to play last gen games. I also don't know where you're getting this information from because I love playing old games every now and then. I didn't buy a PS4 until 2 years after release because it was like any other console at release: no games. Now if they used the ability to play PS3 games as a selling point I would have bought one sooner.
>>
Why does anyone want this?

You realize PS4 players can't party up with steam players right?

They can't even display avatars or chat with each other.

The only thing it's adding is a bigger pool of players.

You guys are acting like you're missing something vital from this, or that you want to be able to play with a friend on xbox while on your switch. But you won't be able to.

So yeah, why do you guys even care about this?
>>
>>381033150

i bet you use iPhone.
>>
>>381033963
>Feels good be to on PC with backwards compability for games from 30 years ago.

Holy shit its like you never tried to play a game older than five years.

backwards compatibility on PC is notoriously bad, a lot of games refuse to run simply because the current hardware is so advanced compared to the old hardware that it can't be detected as powerful enough (if at all). many needs countless patches or modification and some just straight up need you to emulate an older PC in a virtual environment.

Your argument is fucking retarded.
>>
>>381034479
Android, actually, but you're cute for trying.
>>
>>381029832
>There may be legit reasons for sony, but let me still believe they're just evil

nice one
>>
>>381027093
Hah! This was the exact same reasoning Microsoft used last gen when Sony suggested cross platform play. They said their online was paid for so they had to curate it. It's nice to see Sony throw their words back in their face.
>>
>>381034479
I use burner flip phones mostly because i travel around a lot. They won't get you mugged in some shitty third world street, you don't have to worry about overages, and you can just toss it when going across borders.
>>
>>381034512
I run old games all the time, very rarely do need a user created patch to run and even less often do they need a VM to run. Good luck running a user created patch or a VM or PS4 regardless.
>>
File: 1426858342702.jpg (31KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
1426858342702.jpg
31KB, 456x320px
>>381034512
>game speed is tied to clock speed
>>
>>381027093
What fucking mouth breathing autist still plays minecraft?
>>
>>381034620
I'm not even a part of this argument but stop using the word "cute". You sound like a 15 year old who owns a fedora collection and a katana.
>>
>>381034867
>I run old games all the time
Sure you do, I'm sure you do.

>>381034920
I'm sorry sweetie, did I upset you?
>>
>>381034869
What are you trying to play games from 1985? What games do this?
>>
>>381034709
I do remember this, actually.
>>
>>381034978
Would you just stop?
You don't sound intelligent, you don't sound clever. You sound like a douche. And not the alpha male Chad kind either, like the I get mad at women because they don't want to touch my pimply overweight ass kind.
I sincerely hope you're just shitposting now.
>>
>>381034978
Yes I do. Sorry you get butthurt that people are able to play pre-2013 games on their systems. Call me "sweetie" or some other name to distract yourself from your butthurt again.
>>
>>381035206
Whatever you gotta tell yourself.

>>381035198
You should calm down sweetie, you're much cuter when you're not this triggered.
>>
>>381033391
>>381033295
>Giving value and options is a waste of resources.
I knew Sonybalonies liked to take corporate cock but defending that crap? LMAO!
>>
Walled Garden only benefits Sony because everyone's friends are already on the inside of it. Being the platform everyone plays games on is a gigantic asset.

Microsoft was in the same situation last gen and said the exact same thing.
>>
>>381035418
>>Giving value and options is a waste of resources.
Amazing, you only needed to shift that goalpost half way around the world to have a response to it.

Its not adding value, its adding COST, nobody uses it, but implementation of it makes the price go up. Or do you think things just spontaneously come into existence?

This is how I know you're underage, only a child would think shit comes for free out of nowhere and everyone is entitled to it.
>>
>>381035206
Lol cutie, that's impressive.
>>381035198
And wow, you're a big boy!
>>
>>381035096
Saints Row 2
>>
>>381035426
Microsoft was the only people that tried cross play last gen with 360 and PC.
>>
That is so cool.
>>
>>381035689
>everyone who disagrees with me is underage

I bet you were crowing about Sony's free online when it was a thing too, did that make you entitled?
>>
>>381033920
Do people just get a PS4 for an affordable blu-ray/netflix/internet machine or something?
>>
>>381035880
Wow, its so cute how your infant brain is incapable of coming up with a proper response so you change what I said in greentext, I see you're really trying your hardest sweetie.
>>
>>381035689
>Moving the goalposts.
>It's a direct, albeit crude criticm of customer value and options in relation to backwards compatibility.

Want to know how I know you're projecting that underage shit? :^)
>>
>>381035919
Yeah. When the PS3 came out, it was the most affordable blu-ray player. I have an uncle that hates video games, but loves movies. And purchased 3 PS3s on release for each of his rooms.

He upgraded one of them to a PS4 and now I think he has something called Oppo bluray players for the others. But he's basically only played Journey and Flower for the past 8years on them.
>>
>>381027220
>Their install base is so fucking massive, they just don't give a fuck.
That doesn't carry over to ever single game no. It's not like all their best sellers are sellling 40m-60m each. In fact, there's not a whole lot of games that have broken 10 million.
>>
>>381036058
Jesus Christ you're irritating. I seriously hope you don't talk like that in person.

>>381035802
Yea, I do distinctly remember MS trying this on a smaller scale last gen too.
>>
>>381036113
>>381036243
Look at all these cuties trying their hardest. You're so adorable.
>>
>>381033391
because that '1.5%' to '2%', do you know how many people that is?

even if they're lowballing it, that's approximately 1.2 million people in the PS4 users who want that feature and would use it.

would you spit in the face of that many people?

are people truly just numbers?
>>
>>381036058
>Wow, its so cute how your infant brain is incapable of coming up with a proper response so you change what I said in greentext
>Wow, only a child would think that LOL
Change to....
>Wow, the only people who would have that stance is a child to you?
>>
>Responding to sweetie posting
Do you guys like falling for bait?
>>
>>381036361
Come now cutie, you can do better than that, you were trying so hard before but now you're getting all loose, is it time for beddiebye land?
>>
>>381036301
Yes, I am very adorable! I know to play on the comfier console, Xbox One X!
>>
>>381033030
No, MS shot down every possibility of crossplay unless every part of the online platform was running on Xbox Live (which would have required other consoles to subscribe to XBL Gold to play online)
>>
>>381036574
But that's strange....

Because...

xXboneXx...

It has no games...
>>
>>381028137
You love being a good little bitch, don't you?
>>
>>381036713
Not true! Mr. Spencer showed off 42(!) games this year at the wonderful Xbox E3 conference!
>>
>>381036638
Don't they require that on the Switch right now anyways?
>>
>>381036795
Name 38 of them.
>>
>>381027093
From what I heard the reason Sony is refusing is because they would have to surrender their service and let the Live network take other.
>>
>>381033715
>>
>>381036810
No, it seems they've finally backed off from that crazy idea.

Likely due to Pajeet CEO hating Xbox division more than Pakis.
>>
File: 1497327492677.jpg (34KB, 332x500px) Image search: [Google]
1497327492677.jpg
34KB, 332x500px
>>381036301
>Literally so flabbergasted, he's tumblrposting.
>>
You do realize that just because no one is using backwards compatibility RIGHT NOW doesn't mean that in twenty years it won't be useful for Xbox 360 and Original Xbox collecting?
>>
>>381037038
You assume the worst of people, where did they touch you on the doll?
>>
>>381036904
Is this a meme? How is someone supposed to list 38 games? MS showed more games than Sony without the BS VR or Spiderman QTE shit.
>>
>>381037375
I'm not assuming the worst of Nadella, he's stated several times he doesn't think Xbox division is a 'good fit' for the company and since his tenure began, Xbox has started merging more and more with PC as a platform with a view of eventually just killing it entirely.
He's also Indian, so he's bound by birth to hate Pakistani's forever (but lose to them at Cricket)
>>
>>381028137
Nintendo and xbox aren't really competing.
Very different demographics.
Xbox and Sony are.
>>
>>381027093
That picture is ironic because phil is the one autistic screeching because sony won't play with them.
>>
>>381031640
Getting to share Sony's massive playerbase, so when you use an xbone you don't have to wait 10 fucking minutes to play with other xbone players since they're so few, while they share the playerbase from other consoles it makes it seem like they aren't as empty as they actually are. Sony gains nothing from this since there already are many other players to q with, so it's pointless to add more users. Also, cross play is already a thing with ps4 and pc players so this whole article is retarded.
>>
>>381027093
You know what's really going on? I bet there's a technical reason Sony can't do crossplay. And for some reason, they think this bullshit excuse is less embarrassing than just admitting that.

It's exactly the same as with backwards compatibility.
>>
>>381037815
>so when you use an xbone you don't have to wait 10 fucking minutes to play with other xbone players since they're so few

Do people actually believe this
>>
>>381027220
If you spent time outside of /v/ shitposting, you'd know that Sony's software sales are below their expectations.
>>
File: 1403488849771.png (3KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1403488849771.png
3KB, 250x250px
>>381037918
>technical reason
yeah, it's called "not spending money on shit that doesn't make the company more money"

>same as with backwards compatibility.
you mean the same technical reason as above?

>I bet
considering that you know jack shit you should be careful with that, but in the end it's your money...
>>
>>381028421
funny enough it broke the ps3 version after laer updates.
>>
File: 1497792717620.jpg (81KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
1497792717620.jpg
81KB, 960x544px
>Sony let's me crossplay with steam bro's for 2 gens

>implying i need the other 2 fuck boy consoles

Sony and steam are bigger than both Nintendo and Xbox, who cares?
>>
>>381038393
>you mean the same technical reason as above?
backwards compatibility really does have a technical reason, though. The PS3's architecture is notoriously weird, while the PS4 is more standard. Getting BC on the PS4 working would actually be really difficult.
>>
Its fucking minecraft on console, who gives a shit?
>>
>>381038423
this. i dont get what the fuck the problem is when sony/pc crossplay has been a thing for a decade now

they dont want to dock cocks with m$ and ninty, so this is somehow a black stain on sony? nah
>>
>>381038187
What's their expectations?
>>
>>381037918
It wouldn't be the first time. I can't be bothered to find it again but engineers at Sony have stated that their system makes PSN name changes problematic so they only do it in extreme cases and it fucks up game ownership and all sorts of things. But then PR people claim and say some bullshit how "we could do it if we wanted to but we want to prevent trolling!" just lying through through fucking teeth. Before Microsoft got popular and kicked their ass they weren't even planning on having a network and just continue having every single game be its owns tadnaloe network the PS2 and PSP days.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170610-221026.jpg (565KB, 1411x1749px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170610-221026.jpg
565KB, 1411x1749px
>>381038696
Just desperate failures attempt to bring down success
>>
File: 1497289306602.jpg (26KB, 356x256px) Image search: [Google]
1497289306602.jpg
26KB, 356x256px
>>381038423
I am really fucking late to the party, but Sony really is getting crossplays with Steam for that long? The only game I heard about that had crossplay is FF14.
>>
>>381038423
>Sonybros and Steambros
>Friends

Not likely moron.
>>
File: 1497215806384.webm (2MB, 1248x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1497215806384.webm
2MB, 1248x1080px
It depends it Nintendo and Microsoft continue doing this for a long time. It will be bad for Sony cause normal fags will buy Xbox or Nintendo shit. Normal fags only buy games to play with their friends. All they would say is hey don't buy a PS4 we can't play FIFA/2K , etc together. But on Xbox/Nintendo/Pc can.

Sony has the market share now but when ever they launch a new PlayStation and new Xbox it could change.
>>
>>381038837
>tadnaloe
*standalone

As in every game has its own account system and there is no friend or ban lists across games.
>>
>>381038949
Not him but Portal 2

There was FF11 but i think that wasn't even on steam back then and on some other pc platform
>>
>>381027093
It's all business. Right now, most people play on playstation, and if the new kid on the block wants to play with his Playstation friend, he NEEDS to buy a PS4. With the Playstation userbase being the biggest, not enabling Cross-Play is literally a "good" business decision for Sony since it keeps the momentum going on their side. It's obvious looking at the Xbox PR guy that he knows that perfectly well and is trying to stop it
>>
>>381029981
Umm, what is PSN for 500 Alex
>>
>>381027093
I told my friend this he is getting a switch soon so he was like fuck yeah he can play on his switch while I'm on my xbox. Also he could play on his switch and I could play on the tv and we could play together kind of like the wiiu
>>
>>381038556
that's not a technical reason, a technical reason would be "ps4 can't read ps3 discs" for example.

getting an emulator to run on the cell wouldn't be impossible, just would take a lot of work (and thus time => money), for a return that might not break even but even if probably won't make huge returns.

and that doesn't even cover all the legal shit depending on the contracts - the best emulator means nothing when you can only support a handful of games (of which plenty have been "remastered" and the rest can be sold later on too).

it's a simple business decision.and fwiw sony at least didn't went full retard with the pricing for patapon/loco roco/parappa remasters
>>
File: 1403399967071.jpg (3KB, 132x140px) Image search: [Google]
1403399967071.jpg
3KB, 132x140px
>>381040309
>he thinks crossplay means you can party together

see >>381034424
>>
>>381027093
the cross-play meme is the beginning of the end
There are over 22 MMO games on PS4/Xbox One
In next years they will stop releasing single player games and force you to play MMOs in a cross-play environment

Sony did the right thing
>>
>>381034424
This would give games more longevity. Imagine all these fractured communities playing together.
>>
>>381027220
It always blows when one company gets too far ahead, as every one of them goes full-goon in that moment.
>>
>>381040748
If all the big guys started working together they could easily fix this.
>>
>>381041354
and next day everybody gets free money.

it's a pipedream, in the end they all want to sell their own shit
it's not like people care anyway, there are more than enough retards who buy into all kinds of shit which means it will never not be profitable.
>>
I'm sorry, but what the fuck has been going on in sony's head?

First its no external assets in mods
Then they denounce backwards compatibility
And now they are refusing to give players cross-platform play

Whats next? No more third party support because "it poisons our fan-base"
>>
>>381040748
>have to sign into xbl to use crossplay
why wouldn't you be able to play together?
>>
>>381027093
>PlayStation curated universe

what did they mean by this?
>>
>>381027093
I'm 100% sure it had something to do with linking a your psn account to an xbl one, since switch users need to do that for crossplay minecraft.
Very petty but i at least understand where they are coming from.
>>
>>381041668
It probably wouldn't even be that hard, dude.
see >>381041821
something like this would already be enough, as long as you don't have to pay for gold.
>>
File: 1410713927684.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
1410713927684.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
>>381041769
>WHY DOESN'T THIS COMPANY PAY FOR SHIT THAT'S NOT WORTH THE INVESTMENT REEEEEEE

what's next, you gonna start whining about no order 1886 sequel?
>>
>>381040748

But you can. I made tons of new xbox friends in gears of war 4 and forza horizon 3

They send me invites once in a while since they think I'm a sniper god but i really just have the mouse and keyboard advantage
>>
>>381041769

Or even worse, why don't they take away free online play and force a paywall onto their user base who has constantly had free online offered to them for the past 10-15 years that Sony consoles have offered online...oh...wait
>>
>>381042249
Nigga if we can get Knack 2 surely The Order 1887 is in the pipe.
>>
File: 1496612144508.jpg (56KB, 698x562px) Image search: [Google]
1496612144508.jpg
56KB, 698x562px
>>381027093
This is what people ask for when they boost how an arbitrary number of exclusive games a console has. They don't even have o be quality games, as long as you can only play it on xbox or sony everything else about the console is irrelevant. Sony has been pandering to this since the PS3 slim. The fact Sony has the Japanese developer force behind it ensures that meaningless sequels come out to their exclusive games as well, further giving fans something to gloat and feel good about.
>>
>>381027093

>have to sign up to Xbox live on Switch to do crossplay

I don't give a fuck about Xbox and Switch players. Isn't it only Minecraft? Who gives a shit.
>>
>>381042430
sauce on this qt girl
>>
File: 534543.jpg (26KB, 243x286px) Image search: [Google]
534543.jpg
26KB, 243x286px
>>381033009
I read that as
>while we dabbled with backwards compatibility, we couldn't get it working, so fuck you
>>
>>381027093

I guess playing Monster Hunter World with my Nintendo buddies would've been nice. Oh wait, the Switch isn't getting Monster Hunter World.
>>
>>381029659
>last xbox
Hahaha no
Microsoft can afford to flop their memeboxes over over and over.
Sony can't.
The best thing Microsoft could do for xbox at this point is complete crossplay between xbox and pc.
>>
>>381042149
why is /v/ so full of shitters with zero clue how stuff works.
matchmaking/party/friendlist is handled by the service in question, why the fuck would sony/ms allow xbl/psn onto their platform?

which means the devs of the game would have to come up with their own platform for friendslist and shit, which would also mean you'd have to migrate back&forth and other hassles (like an extra login) no one wants to deal with. all so that people can play with others that are not even part of their ecosystem? GREAT business idea

matchmaking will almost always be separated by platform, the closest you can wish for is playing against players from other platforms.
>>
>>381029791
You can't talk to people on the Switch. Unless you actually phone them. If you could, then this would be the exact scenario.
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 238x183px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 238x183px
>>381027220
>Sony doesn't have to compete.
>Nintendos online service is cheaper despite it being tied to a phone that almost every adult and even children have.
>Nintendo Switch doing well despite naysayers on this website.
>Confirmed to have a mainline pokemon in the works.

Idort here not competing is the worst possible thing they can do right now. They are living on borrowed time.

see this picture imagine Misty is Sony and Pikachu is Nintendo.
>>
>>381043018
It's already happening, tard.
>>
File: 1403705599017.jpg (17KB, 256x350px) Image search: [Google]
1403705599017.jpg
17KB, 256x350px
>>381043173
>the devs of the game would have to come up with their own platform

>the devs of the game would have to come up with their own platform
>>
>>381042952
They tried this last gen. Crossplay won't work between xbox and PC other than fighting games and minecraft because PCfags had an enormous advantage with KBM. Remeber shadowfall? Even when PCfags play with a controller they still win overwhelmingly
>>
>>381027093
Sony wanted cross-platform in the previous generation, but Microsoft laughed at them and said no.

Guess who's laughing now?
>>
>>381043297
That's not necessary at all.
What is necessary is just 1 new platform created by the companies(microsoft, sony, nintendo) using cosplay that would hold all your id's to a global id.
Stop making shit up.
>>
People asking for this want Sony to cut into their own flesh to help out MS and Nintendo at the same time. Its never gonna happen, but its a good move from Philly boy to use you retards as bad publicity tools.
>>
>>381043543
>cosplay
crossplay*
>>
>>381036810
Not really, but technically yes. You don't need to subscribe to Xbox Live, but Xbox Live is now how they manage all their IPs' online functionality, which is also tied to a Microsoft account. So you'll need to login with a Xbox Live/Microsoft account to play on the Switch anyway, since they run the servers. You just don't actually have to get Xbox Live proper.
>>
>>381043617

Back then the tech wasn't in place. Console architecture was vastly different. PS3 had that weird cell cpu. These days it's easy to implement it since it's all pc architecture
>>
>>381043859
Did you misquote? Because nothing you just said has anything to do with my post.
>>
>A thread started by Nickies without a single post mocking him with the Black copypasta

For shame
>>
>>381043859
>Back then the tech wasn't in place.
Yes, it was. Microsoft said no because Xbox 360 sales were better than PS3.
>>
>>381043297
what now? no arguments?
>>
>>381027093
Hope Sony changes their mind after enough complaints so they allow crossplay with other consoles.

I'd be down to play Warframe(I have it on PS4) with Xbox One and PC players together.
>>
>>381033030
source?
>>
>>381034112
Is "here" the third world?
>>
>>381033030
Microsoft won't even let windows 10 store and steam players play together on pc, they don't give a shit about cross platform play unless it benefits them.
>>
>>381044531
xbox is doing alright in brazil
>>
>>381027093
Sony is by the far the worst video game company hands down. That's completely ridiculous.
>>
>>381029659
You know that Microsoft makes more money off of Xbox than they do Windows, right? It brings in the most revenue for them after Azure and Office.
>>
Why didn't sony just keep quiet about this

Like why even respond and make it worse
>>
>>381045236

Proof?
>>
>>381032237
But PS+ has half the subscribers that Xbox Live has :^)
>>
>>381034112
>Not understanding what a cashcow the Xbox division is for Microsoft.
>>
Phil Spencer elaborated a bit on the crossplay problem during one of Giant Bombs E3 nights.
He also seemed genuinely hurt at the implication the people over at Sony were making about Xbox.
It's a good Q&A if you haven't seen it already.

Gets brought up at 47:12
https://youtu.be/KYph4FCz8AE?t=47m12s
>>
>>381034709
>It's okay when Sony does it
>>
>>381033030
you dumb mfer. the only reason ff14 isnt on xbox 1 was because m$ refused crossplay. sony said bring it. now ms has to play like theyre the pioneer with autisminecraft
>>
>>381027093
Console warring is cancer. This shit does nothing but hurt the industry as a whole. No reason not to have cross-console play but people will justify it to claim their experience on their overpriced piece of shit is superior.
>>
>>381046517
This is true. At the time i was on xbox 1 and i really wanted ff14 there.
>>
File: 1497460759935.png (477KB, 1066x1126px) Image search: [Google]
1497460759935.png
477KB, 1066x1126px
>sonygroes are literally the property of Sony
>like slaves on a plantation
>they still defend massa Sony's actions
>>
>>381042549
Nah nigga, it's Minecraft, Rocket League, and some no name indie. Probably more and more multiplats too as they get Switch support.
>>
Consider this:

>Person doesn't own any of the three consoles
>Their friends all play on the PS4
>He wants an XB1/Switch
>"But I really want to play with my friends!"
>Sony has cross-platform multiplayer with Nintendo and Microsoft
>"Sweet! I don't have to buy a PS4!"
>Sony lose a console sale
>Sony don't allow cross-platform multiplayer
>"Well, looks like I will have to buy a PS4 now!"
>Sony gets a console sale

Cross-platform multiplayer only benefits the losing team. Nintendo doesn't have to have their multiplayer communities look empty (like they will be very fast, with or without this) and MS actually makes console sales.

Sony is doing the smart thing here. Also, Sony wanted this last gen, but Microsoft said no because they were winning.
>>
>>381047502
It makes sense, but if they keep making noise they're just going to look bad.
>>
whats sad is doing crossplay for mmos like warframe. neverwinter and arena games like smite and paladins would onky improve those games experiences. devs just gotta allow mouse and kb support for bone and station. the mkb is plugnin play on the consoles already just no dev support for it
>>
>>381047502

So anti-consumer. Got it.
>>
>>381032237
>If you want decent online, get a PS4

SF4 on PS4 was the worst, SFV on PS4 aint even as good as SF4 was on PC or Xbox, anon you might be a sonyfanboy there, sorry to break it to you, but Sony has the worst online experience in most multiplatform games.
>>
>>381033295
be a good goy and buy Shadow of the collosus remaster, which many people here even claimed made sony win E3
>>
>>381047502
>>381047614
it works both ways anon, most of my friends play on the Xbox, so I have to buy multiplayer games on Xbox rather than PS4, if the consoles had crossplay, I could just buy a PS4 or the PS4 copy without any problems.
>>
>>381047614
Sony are the lesser evil in the end. Microsoft is responsible for way worse and popularized awful things like premium online, dudebros in gaming, DLC, casual games etc. Nintendo are less bad, however, they censor and brought casuals in as well.

Sony aren't perfect, but they're the least bad of the three. I think you overestimate how many Sony gamers care about this. We're ahead and have strong MP communities. This means shit to us. We have cross platform MP where it counts (FFXIV). I don't want Sony to help out Microsoft. They made their bed, they need to lay in it.

>>381047812
As a consumer of Sony and Nintendo products, I don't care. I'm fine with Nintendo and Sony doing it together, but NOT Microsoft and Sony. This doesn't benefit me at all as a consumer, only Microsoft.

>>381048105
Sony wanted this last generation, MS didn't.
>>
>>381047502
It's really more like

>Sony doesn't allow cross-platform play
>"Guess I can't play with you guys, sorry..."
>>
>>381048278
Then that's their problem. They can play with other XBOX gamers.
>>
>>381048212
wow this post reeks of sony fanboyism.
>>
>>381048363
Whoa what a caring and kind way of going about your ENTERTAINMENT. Seriously, this is an activity meant for fun, and you seriously advocate tribalism in it.
>>
File: 1497617658758.jpg (87KB, 627x576px) Image search: [Google]
1497617658758.jpg
87KB, 627x576px
>gf has a PS4, I have an Xbox
>Live in the light that Sony might change their stance one day so I can play vidya with my girlfriend
Come on Sony, do this shit b4 MonHunter World comes out.
>>
>>381027093
microsoft did the same thing to sony last gen, but now they're the good guys somehow
>>
>>381048381
Not a fanboy, I own more than Sony consoles.

>>381048513
MS don't deserve it, they damage the industry too much.

>>381048581
Yup. And if they lead the next generation, do you think they'll be so kind to other consoles?
>>
>>381048212
Stop reading at 'dudebros in gaming', before Xbox came into the market they were on PS2s, you know fuck all. They just went online that's the only difference.

I don't give a fuck about one company or the other, all of them systemically get rid of as many of our consumer rights as they can get away with.
>>
>>381048581
They're the good guys now because they stopped being assholes about it :^)
>>
File: Shadowrun_box_art_2.jpg (223KB, 356x500px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrun_box_art_2.jpg
223KB, 356x500px
>>381048581
>>
>>381048743
>before Xbox came into the market they were on PS2s
Microsoft joined the industry during that generation, anon.
>>
>>381048738
this>>381048743

sorry to tell you, but you are blinded by fanboysism, good day no point in talkng to someone like you
>>
>>381048854
>"Games for Windows"
>Microsoft XBOX 360

He meant with PS3 and 360. Sony wanted it last gen and MS didn't.
>>
>>381048901
literally no-one bought the original Xbox, anon.
>>
Who gives a damn about console minecraft?
>>
File: 1373399551222.png (96KB, 277x269px) Image search: [Google]
1373399551222.png
96KB, 277x269px
>>381048854
Oh yes, GFWL, the shittastic DRM that ruined PC gaming for years and had the balls to try and force people to pay for online on PC
What great guys M$ proved themselves to be with that shit
>>
File: 1497145121814.png (224KB, 760x572px) Image search: [Google]
1497145121814.png
224KB, 760x572px
>>381032237
>sony has way more people online than PC
>>
>>381049320
I regret buying it. Console Minecraft is awful and I'm primarily a console gamer.

>>381049383
This. People here like to forget that MS has done the worst things out of the big three, just because Sony is getting certain exclusives.
>>
File: 1489519416660.jpg (177KB, 506x375px) Image search: [Google]
1489519416660.jpg
177KB, 506x375px
>>381027093
The top console always does this. When the 360 was on top, they refused to do crossplay as well, while Sony was saying they were ready for it, now PS4 is on top and they're pulling the same shit.

This is like the two scoops and mustard shit.
>>
>>381048901
Not sure if you are retarded, but gaming was popular before that. You can't say "dudebros came after PS2" and "PS2 was the most successful console" without realizing the disparity in these 2 claims.

It's not like dudebros said "Woah microsoft" and dropped their fucking foosball tables to jump into gaming.
>>
>MS on consoles
>Sony is such a bully, not doing crossplay with us!
>MS on PC
>Fuck no, windows store gamers can't play with steam customers! Fuck them, we want out money!
>>
>>381050250
I invite these people praising Microsoft to find what good they did for the industry, not including cross-platform MP. In reality, MS is the most anti-consumer out of the three.
>>
>>381027093
phil spencer went on giant bomb's e3 interview show and basically called sony out saying that even nintendo who treats their playerbased like babies is in on it. litearlly no excuse, sony.
>>
>>381048212
>I'm fine with Nintendo and Sony doing it together, but NOT Microsoft and Sony. This doesn't benefit me at all as a consumer, only Microsoft.
It doesn't matter what benefits YOU in particular, you have to think about consumers as a whole. Having more options and less monopoly is beneficial for consumers in a general sense, even if you personally decide not to take advantage of those benefits.
>>
>>381049590
>This. People here like to forget that MS has done the worst things out of the big three, just because Sony is getting certain exclusives.
The only thing Microsoft did that Sony didn't was the used games shit.
>>
>>381028137
why not, i don't see it really affecting sales one way or the other. its just something that makes the game as a whole more fun by increasing the playerbase you have access to
>>
>>381050856
>Always online
>No used games
>Start premium online subscriptions
>Popularized DLC
>>
>>381027220
>Sony doesn't have to compete. That's why they're doing it.
This
As I recall, when the 360 was in the lead, Microsoft refused a cross-platform deal as well
>>
>>381035919
i didn't buy mine especially for that, but i end up using it for that probably equally as often as i use it for playing vidya because i watch a lot of youtube/twitch/netflix
>>
>>381050856
>The only thing Microsoft did that Sony didn't was the used games shit.
Dude, they wanted the console to have to phone in on a daily basis to work, and effectively took every aspect of consumer control away.
>>
>>381035919
People get it for FIFA, GTAO and COD. There is not much overlap between the people who play these games.
>>
>>381051246
I did this.

My ps4 is my media hub and gaming console.

It's AWESOME as a media hub, there's no reason to not take advantage of it if you have one.
>>
>>381051036
>>381051320
>>Always online
http://ps4daily.com/2013/06/sony-changed-playstation-4-drm-policy-after-xbox-one-outrage/

>>No used games
Again, like I said, this is really the only thing you can get them on.

>>Start premium online subscriptions
At the time it was premium though, thus was valid. It wasn't until the eight gen where the consoles were developed with online in mind, and it was normal, and ironically enough, THAT's when Sony decided to charge for online.

>>Popularized DLC
How can a console popularize DLC?
>>
>tfw normie friends hear about this
>they own consoles because casuals
>wanna play games with our mates that are on PC
>buyers remorse
>all buying XOX in november

sony fucked themselves hard with this. I told everyone I know thats a casual to get a PS4 because its just a better system but now they all want XOX for the next gen. If my normie mates are thinking like this then a lot of normies must also
>>
>>381051449
>http://ps4daily.com/2013/06/sony-changed-playstation-4-drm-policy-after-xbox-one-outrage/
>No link through to source
>Conjecture based on statement they won't show you

nice.
>>
>>381051401
yeah the apps for that stuff have come a long way, they're basically just as good as they are on PC
>>
>>381051454
>We can't play rocket league with xbox players!
>You can with pc players, though
>Oh, nevermind.
>>
File: 1435108692772.png (307KB, 601x479px) Image search: [Google]
1435108692772.png
307KB, 601x479px
>>381051846
>one game

dont bring this meme back
>>
>>381027093
>We have a contract with the people who go online with us
As does Nintendo and Microsoft, so why is this response even being taken seriously? Why couldn't the guy doing the interview call their bluff and act like an actual journalist?
>>
>>381051992
>Microsoft announced crossplay for two games at e3
>At like it's going to be every game forever

lol
>>
File: 1450334041279.jpg (155KB, 418x559px) Image search: [Google]
1450334041279.jpg
155KB, 418x559px
>>381052071
>cross play get announced
>sony says NEVER EVER
>people who prefer a sony sticker cry about it

lol
>>
>>381051763
https://www.polygon.com/2013/6/26/4465674/sce-japan-heads-discuss-the-ps4-e3-and-the-near-future
>>
>>381027093
Pretty funny considering certain games have been crossplay between PlayStation and PC since late PS2 days, it was Microsoft who refused to join in
>>
File: 1496894691421.jpg (115KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1496894691421.jpg
115KB, 250x250px
>>381052243
>Crossplay for two games
>There are more games on ps4 with crossplay right now than xbox has announced
>>
>>381052248
>>We take consumer reactions to our competition in to account when making decisions for our system
>Take this to be a complete admission that they were going to do literally everything microsoft was going to do

So, conjecture based on a vague statement, got it.
>>
>>381052353
>lying on the internet to push your agenda

there is 21 games on shitbox that already have cross play
>>
>>381052815
There were more cross play games than that on ps4 a year ago.
>>
>>381053129
source?
>>
>>381027093
Because Sony doesnt need to crossplay them. They can wipe their ass with microsoft.

I dont play online so I dont give two shits either way.
>>
>>381053185
This was just pc last year

Atom Universe
Phantasy Star Online 2
DC Universe Online
Dragon's Dogma Online
Eve: Valkyrie
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Boundless
Brawlhalla
Dead Star
Guns of Icarus Online
Paragon
Pox Nora
Rocket League
Square Heroes
Street Fighter V
Super Dungeon Bros
War Thunder
Way of Redemption
Weapons of Mythology: New Age
Blade Ballet

Then when you get to cross play with ps3 and vita you get a shit ton of fighters, dynasty warriors 8 xtreme legends and some other dw style games, terraria, toukiden 2 and a bunch of other crap,
>>
>>381053586
>basically the same listy as the xbox one gee you sure showed me anon

if youre counting crossplay between old and new gen consoles then the xbox has 41 crossplay games. Can you even play ARK or shitty games like that with PC players on PS4?

also you writing a list isnt a source kid
>>
>>381053761

>also you writing a list isnt a source kid
You can verify any game you want. It's more than you were willing to provide, kid.
>>
>>381053761
>>basically the same listy as the xbox one

So, I guess ps4 isn't really any different from the xbox in terms of supporting crossplay then, and your whole point was worthless?
>>
>>381027220
I think it's to avoid losing potential players.

See the scenario where Billy sees the new Call of Battlefied. Goes "Oh man, I need to get a console to play with my friends". He then checks and sees all his friends already have PS4. He can't play with them unless he gets a PS4.

Otherwise, he could get any other console with cross online play.

It's a pretty easy decision business wise. The install base is so big that making future games cross play is risking them.
>>
>>381029995
>Phil Spencer is a sincere person
>the guy that wanted to sell you the Spybox a few years ago is sincere

You people have tiny memories.
>>
>>381027093
I am glad, I hate the xbl community. its the main reason I stopped getting their hardware. I am tired of lil kids fucking my mom.

Seriously, I dont know how many more dicks my moms pussy can handle.
>>
>>381054196
you should stretch before reaching that far.

Xox isnt even out yet and has the same games while "promising"™ more to come. I dont really give a shit because consoles are only good for very specific games but that wont stop the normies flocking to it for the buzzwords. Sorry youre so angry about your console wars but the xox is shaping up to take out gen 9
>>
>>381054821
>Microsoft is going to get more cross play games!
>Sony won't get any despite pretty much supporting crossplay at the same volume as microsoft!
>trust me guys!
>>
Sony has some real retards steering the ship right now. PR nightmares left and right.
>lol why would you play old games they're so OOOOOOOLD XD
>LOL why would you want a larger player base in multiplayer games it's so UNSAAAAAAFE
>>
>>381054821
>Xox isnt even out yet and has the same games
Gee, you think? You think the Xbox One Pro has the same games as the other xbox ones?
>>
>>381054329
Literally not the same guy
>>
File: 254376547429.gif (3MB, 200x180px) Image search: [Google]
254376547429.gif
3MB, 200x180px
>>381054974
>sony will support cross play even after they just did a press release saying they wont support crossplay

the mental gymnasts sony has hired are working overtime I see
>>
>>381054821
you can stop pretending youre not a fanboy, retard
>>
>>381043134
Sony and Microsoft are both paying lip service to Nintendo, saying that they're glad to be in the same industry with such an innovative company and how Nintendo always has great "collaborative and secondary" consoles in the home entertainment arena. But only Microsoft is making any moves to promote that image.

That means that once Nintendo officially dominates the market again, Sony has almost no chance of piggybacking off of Nintendo.
>>
>>381055287
>having a favourite sticker for your videogame box

That for poorfag console only subhumans friend
>>
>>381055264
you forgot the
>with microsoft

at the end of that.

I know gaming begins and ends with microsoft with you, but it doesn't work that way for most people.
>>
>>381040473
you're fucking stupid, there was already ps2 emulation support from the beginning of the ps3. Sony willfully disabled it so they could re-release it and charge you more money for a product you already own
>>
>>381027093

Sony is afraid of a future where people aren't locked into consoles, if they loosen their grip even a little people might start realizing that exclusives in this day and age only exist to sell hardware.

Everyone should have access to every game and there is no reason everyone can't crossplay with eachother.
>>
File: 1496211471740.jpg (325KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1496211471740.jpg
325KB, 600x800px
>>381055507
>when you dont have any valid points so you pretend the person has an agenda

sorry youre a poorfag and not idortmasterrace
>>
>>381055507
name the fucking games that have crossplay on PS4 right now, the only one I can think of is Final fantasy XIV.
>>
>>381055712
Not him, but just some information on ps2 bc on ps3.

The launch ps3s did hardware emulation for ps2. They had actual ps2 hardware incorporated to enable the play of ps2 discs.

The downside was it drove the production and retail price up.

when they removed it, they replaced it with software bc, and the software bc sucked, a lot.

They should have kept it, but I can see some merit to the ps2 rereleases they did. It was like what nintendo did with vc. Focused emulation for that single game.

So, what they turned off wasn't the good ps2 bc, it was the shoddy software bc. Still sucks, but worth the distinction.
>>
>>381055850
See the red buttons on posts?

Click them a few times.
>>
Xbox is just too toxic as a community. Theyre a containment box.
>>
ITT: People acting like they aren't petty in real life
>>
>>381055821
>Acts like ps4 isn't doing crossplay ever if they won't do it with microsoft
>Ignores all crossplay that isn't with the xbox

>Wonders why people think they have an xbox slant
>>
>>381056171
>things i never said
>things I never said
>projections

oh I see.

Sorry the great sticker war of our time has blinded you to real world consumerism
>>
>>381056362
>I never said any of that!
>Previous post made a misleading statement about sony doing exactly that

hahaha
>>
>>381043859
It happened earlier this gen when MS told Sony and Square to fuck off for suggesting FF14 crossplay, which is why Xbone doesn't have FF14 in the first place
>>
Can't wait for the switch to be modified and people to ruin everyone's fun.
>>
If this were PS2 era Sony it wouldn't matter
>>
Sony is just trying to be popular
Thread posts: 308
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.