[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was right here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 17

File: DCjK0upWsAAd9sR[1].jpg (25KB, 299x433px) Image search: [Google]
DCjK0upWsAAd9sR[1].jpg
25KB, 299x433px
Why are piratefags so retarded?
>>
i don't get it. if there are ads you are paying the pirates to stream things. I wouldn't call stealing a copy of something i didn't pay for "getting it for free" either though.
>>
>>381023097
>Have RSS feed that qBittorrent automatically pulls my torrents from
What now?
>>
>>381023295
If you stole it without paying for it, surely its free? Maybe not in the sense that someone decided to simply give it to you, but you're certainly not paying any money.
>>
>>381023659
Technically someone's paying for it, at least a little bit, through the bandwidth costs. This amount probably isn't going to get anyone involved very far, though.
>>
I'm not paying anything so i don't see how it isn't free for me
>>
>>381023659
oops i got this laptop for free
>>
>>381027203
Yeah, because you stole it. What's the problem here?
>>
Lupin's always right
>>
>>381025018
>bandwidth caps
>year of our lord 2017

Fucking why
>>
piracy threads on /v/ never work.

There are way too many underage poor third-worlders on here to understand the concept of purchasing things they want.
>>
>>381027372
>the concept of purchasing things they want
What I find more bizarre is the concept of willingly paying for things you can get for free.
>>
>>381023097
Miles is retarded. He was arguing with some people on /a/ that Crunchyroll supports the animeindustry more than you buying BDs and figures from the official websites.
>>
>>381027472
Cucks gonna cuck
>>
How is it not free? I mean, what's the argument by Lupin here?
>>
>>381027472
You can get a shitloads of shits for free if you steal in stores
>>
File: 1487219305455.jpg (97KB, 872x685px) Image search: [Google]
1487219305455.jpg
97KB, 872x685px
>no money is expended
>pay
>crunchyroll retard streamer fag

I'll bet a dillion billion dollhairs this guy is also an SJW.
>>
>>381027701
Risk of being caught is too high. Pirating is pretty much risk-free in most areas around the world.
>>
>>381027701
And then you get caught and punished.
Meanwhile there are no downsides to pirating games.
>>
Why do pirates of all people attempt to justify their theft so aggressively?

I've never seen so much asspulling and goal moving

>it's not theft if I'm only making a copy!
>it's not free since I have to pay for bandwidth to download it!
>>
File: 1275034787857.png (39KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1275034787857.png
39KB, 125x125px
>Literally not a single shred of evidence about how Piracy negatively affects sales (otherwise publishers wouldn't stop publicizing it)
>Plenty of evidence on the contrary
>Studies show pirates purchase more media than nonpirates

>Brainlet corporate shills still try to act like piracy is just like stealing because it's the only way they can get over their buyer's remorse.
>>
>>381028045
Why do you care?
>>
>>381028045
>>381028045
It's a victimless crime. It's not like the developers are actively losing money
due to piracy.
>>
>>381028516
Because pirates can't stop shilling their shit and making things worse for the rest of us.

>HURR DURR DAILY LITERALLY NO EXCUSE THREAD
>>
>>381028574
Then why bother with DRM? If there's no harm, why would you bother paying for a solution?
>>
File: file.png (69KB, 246x138px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
69KB, 246x138px
>>381028574
They're not only not losing money, they're in all likelyhood MAKING money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qkyt1wXNlI

>Places where we were being pirated were selling more and more books
>Released book for free for a month
>Sales rose 300%

>B-but muh lost sales!
>>
>>381028595
>shilling common sense
>>
>>381028640
Anon, we don't want to hurt developers, just the studios that hire them.
>>
File: _Piracy_CDPR_1496349677066.png (27KB, 777x297px) Image search: [Google]
_Piracy_CDPR_1496349677066.png
27KB, 777x297px
>>381028640
Because suits are retarded.
Also, even if there was harm, DRM isn't the solution, because it stops nothing. Publishers keep paying for it though.
>>
Miles is the biggest retard on the plannet.
Hurr dur your RSS feed is somehow magically giving money to pirates, dedicated fans who translate and rip otherwise unavailable content are literally Hitler.
>>
>>381028640
It's easier to believe that people are pirating your shit than it is to believe that you just made a shitty game.
>>
they're organised crime gangs making money. How can you believe otherwise.
>>
File: dfg55.jpg (68KB, 544x500px) Image search: [Google]
dfg55.jpg
68KB, 544x500px
>>381027701
Equating piracy or theft is disingenuous and will not be a valid comparison until you can clone the things you want from the story. There is no inherent loss of money by pirating as you're not stealing a physical copy. There's no limited stock of data either so downloading a torrent will not hurt the company. A good example would be if I download a torrent 1 million times the devs/publishers are unharmed but if I steal 1 million things for a store they've lost over 1 million dollars that they have to replenish.
>>
>>381028995
are you talking about The Cartel
>>
>>381028172
>>Literally not a single shred of evidence about how Piracy negatively affects sales (otherwise publishers wouldn't stop publicizing it)

Are you retarded? It's self-evident. Or do you really think those tens of thousands of people who pirate a game turn around and buy the game they already finished for no reason after the fact?

>T-they weren't going to buy it anyway!

I can say first hand that I pirate simply because if it's readily available for free with zero consequences why would I spend money on it? I've played probably hundreds of games in the last three years but I only bought maybe five of them.

I'm not saying piracy should be stopped or that it's cutting into profits so far that it's going to put anyone out of business. All I'm saying is that there's a good reason why every major release has only 1-3% of its sales on PC. Hint: It's not because PC gamers aren't playing them.
>>
>>381023097
>anime accounts talking

I'm gonna assume theyre talking about pirating anime which is completely justified since sub groups release the anime with good quality subs less than a week after it comes out, while official releases take months and sites like crunchyroll have shit tier subtitles
>>
>>381027472
cause it somehow gives sense to working the whole week. Opium of the people. Also possessing something without paying for it makes it worthless and undesireable. dont get me wrong, i am not willing to pay for shit. See, I have no problem with publisher to try and rip me off, but they have to be passionate and give it some thought.
>>
File: real waifu.png (503KB, 420x577px) Image search: [Google]
real waifu.png
503KB, 420x577px
Why should I pay for shit games?
>>
Friendly reminder that video games are just 0s and 1s one someone's hard drive, and as such have no inherent value.
>>
>>381029234
>>381029371
thats what i mean, why pay for shit? but why be willing to play shit as well, is your time worth that shit?
>>
>>381029194
>Are you retarded? It's self-evident.
>I feel it is true so it must be true despite evidence on the contrary

Those tens of thousands of people who pirate would NOT buy the games if they couldn't pirate them, and studies show that yes, a portion of them DO buy games they pirate, to the point where they spend more on media than non-pirates do.

>All I'm saying is that there's a good reason why every major release has only 1-3% of its sales on PC
Do you generally do your fact gathering from your ass?
>>
File: tumblr_nmhk5tYYG31u82l9fo1_500.jpg (55KB, 435x650px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmhk5tYYG31u82l9fo1_500.jpg
55KB, 435x650px
tfw paying £13 for unlimited 4G (Not traffic limitations, even after using over 500GB one month) on a grandfathered plan.
get shit on losers.
>>
>>381027701
Yeah, and then you get arrested and go to jail.

Piracy, except for in extremely rare cases, takes zero effort and has zero consequences, and while some cases against people distributing copyrighted material for free have faced civil retribution, people virtually never get in trouble for downloading said content, because it's so hard to make a charge stick and prove damages in a case like that, coupled with the fact that no actual manufactured finite product has been taken, that it simply isn't worth the time or money for these companies to be litigious over.
>>
My dad works for the east India trading company.
I can confirm piracy is basically stealing.
>>
>>381023097
I feel like people in this thread have no idea how ads, cookies, and tracking in general works.
Like sure, you could download shit and circumvent everything, but that's a huge hassle for the common user, even more knowledgeable users.
So it's unlikely you're doing so, and then you are in fact "paying", which is why his "free" is in quotes
Just because you aren't giving money doesn't mean someone on their end isn't making money.
>>
File: 1425819497565.gif (960KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1425819497565.gif
960KB, 500x281px
I easily could afford all the games I want, but I pirate everything because fuck you.
>>
>>381029485
The money in your bank account is just 1s and 0s with no inherent value

Money is really just pink printed on paper

How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't
>>
>>381028045
>Why do pirates of all people attempt to justify their theft so aggressively?

I don't. I'll tell you what I tell everyone on this issue: I don't spend money on what I can readily get for free with no downside because I'm not retarded.
>>
>>381029974
>set up an RSS feed
>get torrents without doing anything
Woah qbittorrent saving my life with a single fucking checkbox and selecting a fucking folder destination.
>>
>>381029521
>Do you generally do your fact gathering from your ass?
>Plenty of evidence on the contrary
>Can't show any
>>
>>381030075
The money in my bank can be withdrawn and converted to tangible paper with pink printed on it.
Coincidentally, paper with pink printed on it is the universal currency.
Meanwhile, video games are nothing. They can't be converted to tangible things, and aren't useful in society, therefore they are worthless.
>>
File: 1466386915755.jpg (169KB, 800x799px) Image search: [Google]
1466386915755.jpg
169KB, 800x799px
>paying to pirate
/v/... you... dont actually do this do you?
>>
File: 1495861261948.jpg (107KB, 613x533px) Image search: [Google]
1495861261948.jpg
107KB, 613x533px
>Fags on this board will pirate movies, tv shows, anime, music, software, books, etc.
>When it comes to video games they become self-righteous moralfags

Can someone explain this? I've been here for a long time but this is a pretty new phenomena. Have we just been hit by shills for so long that people have lost their fucking minds?
>>
>>381030509
your reasoning feels wrong.
Lets compare it to a painting in a museum. you take a picture, print it, frame it and nail it to your wall. you do not have the original, but a mere copy. did the museum have a loss from that picture? of course, the museum may want to sell it. however, this could be to costly for some people.
>>
>>381031182
Moreover, this copy is practically worthless, while the original still has its worth and could be sold to someone interested in this worthy original. So is it stealing or more like taking a picture?
>>
>>381023097
>game has no demo
pirate
>game dev/publisher likes being jewing it up with tons of dlc
pirate
>got burned by a purchase and checking out same dev's next game
pirate
>just want something new for a couple days
pirate
>just feel like it
pirate

The last game I bought that I pirated was xenoverse 1
>>
>>381027701
>Buy Seeds
>Plant Seeds
>Veggies grow and make more seeds
>Have free veggies for life.
It's so easy.
>>
>>381030951
No one really cares. It's just ironic shitposting.
/v/ pretty much manufactures arguments by role playing as the opposite side.
>>
>>381028730
>posts proof
>buyfags get blown the fuck out
>no response, quietly ignores the post and sweeps it under the rug.

>"PIRATING IS STILL ILLEGAL AND WRONG!!!"
>>
>>381028640
Piracy is a scapegoat for suits to justify poor sales
>>
File: 054.jpg (23KB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
054.jpg
23KB, 500x327px
>If the game is singleplayer and it's shit, pirate it
>If the game is difficult to get or is behind some stupid propietary asian website paywall, pirate it
>if the game it's so short that you can beat it on 3 hours or less AND it's singleplayer, pirate it
>If you have the money and you like the game, pay for it
>If the game it's singleplayer but it's a good sp experience, pay for it
>If the pirating process is just annoying to do or involves downloading 30 updates from some shady ruski website, pay for it (like Stalker SoC, the process it's just a pain in the ass)
>If it is a mp only (and it's good) pay for it
>If the game is from a indie studio, it depends; If it is a indie dev that you like, pay for it
>If the game is in Early access, pirate it

Poorfags can't join the discussion most of the time because buying something it's not an option for them

Thread theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmdprbBOMT8
>>
>>381032223
why pirate a game if it's shit?
>>
>>381029742
>I might be one of the few people on /v/ that paid enough attention during history/social studies to understand the joke.

I chuckled though.
>>
>>381032678
So you can shitpost about it on /v/
>>
>>381032678
if it's a comical shit like some movies are then it's worth a go for an hour or two
>>
>>381032747
fair enough
>>
>>381032705
Hey, plenty of people here play EU4. We know.
>>
>>381029194
So that is why Denuvo games all sold much better than any game before them? Oh wait, they fucking didn't.
>>
>>381030951
Availability is big factor. If the TV show or movie i wanna see ain't on Netflix? Pirate that shit. Spotify being dogshit on mobile? Pirate that shit.
>>
Piracy definitely is a business that makes tons of money and not just in China. It shouldn't be that way, but it is. You have ads, bitcoin miners, donators/investors, spyware, etc.
>>
File: 1451851021343.png (42KB, 161x175px) Image search: [Google]
1451851021343.png
42KB, 161x175px
>>381032705
>patting yourself on the back because you've heard of the east india company
>>
>>381029141
But if everyone pirates it then the creators makes no money. Like, let's say I'm an artist. Someone takes a photo of my painting and uploads it online. Why bother paying to go to art galleries when you can see it for free? If I get zero customers, surely I've been stolen from? It's not the painting itself that's been stolen, but my customer base
>>
>>381030509
>What are physical copies of games
>>
>>381032705
Or you could ve watched the pirates of the caribbean movies
>>
>>381034548
> If I get zero customers, surely I've been stolen from
No. Unless you can prove that the person pirating would've bought your product if pirating wasn't available then you cannot claim each pirate is a loss in sells. Further more you also have to factor in people who pirate then buy the game. Also taking a picture of someone's art isn't illegal so that's a bad analogy. It's only illegal the moment you try to sell it or pass it on as your own. Also no one even fucking goes to art galleries anyways.
>It's not the painting itself that's been stolen, but my customer base
Loops back to proving that the person would've bought your product if piracy wasn't available. I've pirated some god awful games and bought games I wished I pirated. In recent memory I pirated Factorio and slime rancher and bought them both because they're great games but there are games that I've pirated, like Mass effect, that I would never have bought.
>>
File: 1484749161078.jpg (22KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1484749161078.jpg
22KB, 400x240px
>>381034548
>if everyone pirates it
This does not happen.

>a photo of my painting and uploads it online
Yes. Some people are going to see it for free. You know what else? If people like it enough, they will order prints off of you, or will go see it live themselves. This sounds crazy, but a supermajority of people have no idea how to even begin to pirate a game. Word of mouth is your best advertisement, and you get that when people who would otherwise never buy your product anyway pirate it and spread word. Even then, there are plenty of pirates who go on to buy the game anyways because they like it so much and want to support development of more. Have you ever considered why people willing to drop thousands on PC parts are unwilling to blindly buy new games? We just hate being screwed over. Piracy is protection from getting scammed by bad games.

It has been proven countless times that piracy boosts the sales of well made games, while damaging sales of low quality games. Worry about the quality of your work, not the money, and the money will come naturally. Focusing on money will, I promise, kill your product, and then those same companies go on to blame piracy instead of themselves. Vicious cycle that.
>>
>>381031572
Much like anything in life, it's either time or money.
Grow your own, or buy foreign slave labor fruits?
Do your own yardwork, or pay someone to do it?
Grind, or pay 2 win
>>
>>381034548
Are you retarded? The only reason a majority of people would go to an art gallery is if they saw the exhibits before hand online or in a brochure.
People will see paintings with buzz but the average person is much less likely to give a showing a chance they know nothing about that might actually just be filled with anticapaltistic dilods molds that are ironically being used in a capaltastic format.
>>
>>381035753
>word of mouth
So you mean going THIS GOOD GAME IS SHIT for the (you)s will somehow convince people the game I keep saying is shit...... isn't shit????????????? Don't forget if you say anything positive about the game you MUST be a shill and the game is therefore instantly shit
>>
File: 1468288387703.gif (847KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1468288387703.gif
847KB, 250x250px
>>381036790
Are you retarded?
>>
>>381023097
>Paying for Anime
>$30 per 4 episodes
>for series that are 30+ episodes long
>popular ones even going over 100

nope nope fucking nope
>>
>>381034548
Imagine software as a two step process - you have the creation step and the distribution step. Creation costs money, because you have to pay people to work on the code. Distribution costs nothing, because every single computer can make a perfect copy of the code you create and send it to others.

Right now, companies are still trying to charge for the distribution step. This is self evidently stupid, because you have infinite supply at the distribution step, thus they're always competing against $0. They need to change their business model to charge for the creation step. Something like a non-shit kikestarter or patreon.

Copyright law further complicates this because disney is literally the most evil corporation on earth.
>>
File: the pirate.jpg (96KB, 687x819px) Image search: [Google]
the pirate.jpg
96KB, 687x819px
>>
>>381023097
The majority of games I pirate are old, so old the devs would make absolutely no money off me. The few games I do pirate that are new, I usually buy at some point if I like it.
Except Nintendo, fuck them.
>>
>>381037229
Under this logic, why do we have shipping costs? Why should I pay for the courier when I'm getting a perfect copy of an item and its being sent to me?
>>
>>381038856
You pay shipping costs on digital goods?
What's the last PC release that had a physical release?
>>
>>381038856
Either through torrents or steam, i haven't paid shipping costs for over a decade. If you really squint, you can say the cash you spend on your internet connection is shipping costs.
>>
Of course the site you're watching on is profiting off you, You're giving them money.
Just becuase you're not physically giving them any sort of currency they are making money off you.

If you're going to steam and deal with ad's you might as well watch shit on Crunchyroll
At least its going to the the people who subtitle your shit and not just download a torrent off Nyaa and re upload it.
>>
>>381040826
>angry CR employee
>>
>>381039049
>What are service fees?
>>
>>381041694
You got me
It takes a special kind of retard to watch shit on a legal streaming site that actually sub your shit when you can just watch a heavy compressed hard-subbed .3gp encode on a malware ridden site.

I honestly don't care where you watch your anime, I personally torrent it but if you chose KissAnime over CR/Funi you're an idiot.
>>
>>381042246
>malware ridden site
Is this the denuvo shills new attack order? Ever since v4 has been BTFO it seems they've shifted to saying everything is a keylogger.
>>
>>381042426
Jesus anon
I'm a CR employee shrilling for Denuvo now?

Yes you got me there too
For whatever CR and Denuvo are in cohorts trying desperately to stop you from watching anime on KissAnime.
You see thoes twitter users?
Also me, This is our elaborate plan

Every fucking poster is actually me, My life literally evolves around where you watch your Chinese cartoons you fucking autistic retard.
>>
>>381042768
chill
>>
>>381042768
>being this mad about piracy
>>
>>381023097
Is this videogames?
>>
>>381043135
I fucking torrent my anime you retard
I said that in every post I replied to you in
Every fucking one.
>>381043070
Its 30 degrees and my room is infested with bugs, This faggot may be an idiot but good god is he doing a good job of making me feel more relaxed.
>>
>>381043603
why are you so mad then
>>
>>381027369
Limiting bandwidth is part of the surrender terms after the great Aussie Emu wars.
>>
>>381029495
it can be hard to determine what is shit and what is not without trying it personally
>>
File: 1491877384099.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1491877384099.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
>>381043603
on a scale from 0 to assblasted
how mad are you right now anon?
>>
Paid crunchyroll shill tries his hardest to cry about piracy and shill for crunchyroll every day of his life. Isn't it pathetic? Now that you know who he is, my advice is to keep pirating. Don't give idiots like this your money. CR subs suck anyway.
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.