[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Final Fantasy XV

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

File: Final_Fantasy_XV_Logo.png (1MB, 1920x1230px) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_XV_Logo.png
1MB, 1920x1230px
I bought this a week ago because it was on sale and I am having a great time so far,

So...why the hell did all of /v/ hate it again?
>>
It's extremely fun for the first 50 hours.

After that, it's complete shit in every single way possible. Especially the fucking story.
>>
>>381019786
Oh god dammit, it's a reverse FFXIII?
>>
File: FFXVGameplay.webm (786KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
FFXVGameplay.webm
786KB, 700x600px
>>381019637
keep on playing.

It gets worse as the game goes on
>>
The game is decent but it feels like it's unfinished. It could have been so much better.
>>
Honestly it's really not that bad.
The main story goes to shit pretty fast, but the character interactions are still good, which honestly is what I was there for in the first place.
Can't speak for you though, maybe you'll hate it. At least the OST for the final hour or two is fucking amazing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMBRBXe7Qro
>>
>>381019637
Fuck off xv-kun.
/v/ hate it because its shit.
>>
>>381019637

They should have made monster hunts available from the car. Driving from outpost to outpost seeing who had what hunts and when was a fucking nightmare, especially when the hunt sent you super far out of the way only for you to run all the way back to the outpost and figuring out the next hunt is in the same retardedly out of the way area.
>>
Because it feels like an unfinished game designed by committee.
>>
File: 1497181242816.jpg (53KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1497181242816.jpg
53KB, 720x404px
>>381021020
>It could have been so much better.

at least they are trying with patches and the survey, which did NOT include the VR fishing
>>
I found the 10 first chapters unbearable. Really boring. Things really starts to happen and get interesting afterwards.
>>
>>381019637
I liked it initially, which is bad in itself since I went in with metaphorical, irrational goggles on trying to love it harder than anything having hyped it since day one of versus 13's reveal, so I should have been loving it if it was just a mediocre game. Then I played it more and realized this game is a steaming pile of shit, especially after Horizon Zero Dawn and BoTW came out and showed me how an open world is actually crafted.

The open world environment is flat both figuratively and kinda literally. Most good open world games have peaks and cliffs whilst this game was mostly a flat landscape with some slopes, nothing to do in it other than MMO fetch quest and hunts which seem to be the only way to bring out the more interesting monsters.

Graphics seem good in some places but fucking miserable in others, like mountains that are very far away having awful textures. Thematic diversity is a big problem in the open world. It pretty much consists of a boring desert, a meh forest environment with roads taking up the majority of it in terms of traversal and a small swamp section tucked away in the corner.

Combat is just badly designed flat out. The fact that you are unable to move and switch weapons at the same time, only being able to swap weapons whilst moving, jumping and then switch weapons is a glaring example of how awful Tabata's philosophy of designing combat is. Holding down feels awful since there is no nice kick back to an animation, and the animations themselves are bland, Noctis fights like he has multiple sclerosis. For a game with a concept of the main character being able to warp to sword he is able to conjure from thin air you think the combat would have very cool, hack and slash tier animations akin to Nier Automata with tons more opportunity for complexity but no, it had to be simple because it hurt his hands or something.

Story has a good foundation, shame it feels like 30% of it feels like it actually made it into the game.
>>
File: 1495461329679.jpg (847KB, 1280x867px) Image search: [Google]
1495461329679.jpg
847KB, 1280x867px
>>381021127
Y-you think I am c-cute..?
>>
>>381019637
It was fun to play, but it's unfinished and it could use some mechanical polishing. It's much more fun to play than the XIII series though.

The story gets rushed right around the time when you can speed through the remainder of the game, though, so you'll fly through the second 'half', and it won't slow down even at the parts where you might otherwise want it to (World of Ruin)
>>
>>381021485
Especially chapter 13, amazing gamedesign.
>>
>>381021441
ALL of those things could be added and it would probably only make the game 1/3rd towards the way of just "decent".

Base gameplay combat needs a COMPLETE revamp. Its just not good. Either make a hack and slash game or an RPG. Not the abortion child of both, don't make magic take a slot and require a fucking resource and don't make me hold a button, make me tap it so I feel like I am doing the slashes instead of the game.

Let me warp on walls without you placing the points, and design the world so I cannot cheese with it. Like fuck look at how Nyx warps in the movies with full momentum then look at noctis' pitiful warps. Pathetic.

Main open worlds needs way more to do in it. More monsters, more types of environments, more levels of height like what you see in the Witcher 3 or HZD.

Story needs way more done to it.

Boss fights need a complete redesign. Barely any of them where good unless they were human sized enemies, in which case they were okay at best.

Make Tenebrae explorable instead of panning a camera around it like I could explore it you fucking liars.

The game needs whatever budget was fucking wasted on that movie and 2 more years whilst letting another director handle the combat since Tabata should not touch the fucking thing in that single aspect. Would solve everything
>>
>IT'S SHIIIIIT/Fuck you, I liked it: The Thread
>>
File: wyvern.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wyvern.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
woah.....10/10 AI
>>
>>381019637
Not to say that it doesn't have its problems, but /v/ decided to hate FFXV years before it came out.
>>
>>381024851
And for good reason. Everyone on /v/ started getting doubts when square decided to put a literal z list, psp, spin off director whose name nobody had heard of in charge of what was supposed to be the most important game of 2016, if not the past decade.
>>
File: DAjoydHXsAAvg7I.jpg (95KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DAjoydHXsAAvg7I.jpg
95KB, 1200x675px
>>381019637

>So...why the hell did all of /v/ hate it again?

I can't describe how bad I want to like this game. Combat is okay, characters were great, but the story is a fucking catastrophe. The latest survey is PROOF of that. I can't play this game again until I have all the episode packs.
>>
>>381026895
>>381021441

Why the fuck are they doing a survey for something that should have been already in the game in its 10 years of development time?
Why is there no "All of the above" choice, because I sure as hell want the game to be what they hyped us up to be?
>>
>>381028372
>survey is literally "what can we do to make our game the bare minimum of what it should've been"
>>
Please play the entire game before making such stupid threads. You probably aren't even a quarter into it.
>>
>>381019637
>FFXV 'bosses':
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfR06KrKWDU
>FFXV 'superbosses':
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcTgs5Qve2I
>>
>>381019637
>on sale
Call me when it's about 15-20 bucks and I might consider
>>
>>381019637
>nothing like what Versus was shown or implied to be
>car is a complete waste of time
>enemy hitstun, tells, and recovery periods are basically nonexistent
>items destroy any difficulty the game might have had
>hold button to attack and dodge
>most attacks a given weapon has are useless
>9999 damage cap exists for no reason and serves to make normal weapons pointless for damage affliction endgame
>whole classes of weapons are useless
>boring grenade magic that has to be mixed frequently
>Armiger is among the most boring super states in vidya
>absolutely terrible mob gauntlets that repeat the exact same fight several times in a row just to pad out dungeon length
>atrocious environmental bosses
>Chap 13
>>
>>381019637
have you considered acquiring taste
>>
File: 1420532950173.jpg (326KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1420532950173.jpg
326KB, 750x1000px
>>381019637

>So...why the hell did all of /v/ hate it again?

-Game came out 7 years after its hype window.
-Developers promised so much stuff that couldn't possibly be incorporated into the game.
-The game was incomplete and requires DLC/episodes.
-Dumb story and characters (but that can be said for any FF game).
-Of any series out there that shouldn't be open world, Final Fantasy is one of them. Yes, earlier FF games were open world. But it didn't help those games either. You still just went from point A to point B. Having zones instead of an open world is actually one thing FFX, XII and XIII did correct. But even if you think FF should have an open world, FFXV is a horrible example of one.
-Dumb marketing stunts, especially in the west.
-FFXV Kun hyped it up so high that it could never live up to that hype. He also blatantly lied about everything so when people played the game, they had more satisfaction calling him out as a shill than enjoying the game.
>>
>>381020138
Pretty apt way of putting it and completely true.
>>
I'm honestly more interested in Dragon Quest XI. Didn't even buy this game. Probably get it 3 years from now on Steam with all the DLC for $10.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.