[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Firewatchcover.jpg (27KB, 200x254px) Image search: [Google]
Firewatchcover.jpg
27KB, 200x254px
Thoughts on this?
>>
>>381016061

Pretty comfy but the ending killed my enjoyment of the game.
>>
>>381016061
it's for nu-males that want to pretend games are art
>>
>>381016061
I became legitimately paranoid as it went on.
>>
yeah, good game. Great to play through once.
>>
File: firewatch.webm (624KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
firewatch.webm
624KB, 854x480px
>>381016061
The characters, writing, interactions and everything as a whole is great up until the game starts to wrap up
It had a great hook (THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE WOODS) that could've lead to great supernatural shit (which is what the trailers shaped it up to be) but after the big reveal and unsatisfying ending it left a sour taste in my mouth

in a way you could say that it did what it wanted to achieve: henry wanted a little something not as mundane in his life but was reminded of how he's still himself living his life and that he should face the things he should be facing instead of avoiding his problems by looking for a way out of his shitty everyday life, so that kinda makes me understand what they were going for
that said, as a player i felt ripped off by that ending, it felt more like a terrible movie than the good vidya it was shaping up to be

the compass and map mechanic is criminally underused by the fact that it has the red markers on and the map is a series of badly hidden corridors instead of a truly open thing that allows you to use landmarks and references to get around, and the "click here to feel"/choose-your-own-sadness start was outright terrible

5/10
>>
>>381019009
it has the red markers on by default*

also, great aesthetics regardless of the game itself, the use of colors, shapes, and visual storytelling was on fucking point throughout the whole game, even during the shitty ending
>>
>>381016061

I followed yahtzee's advice and turned off quest markers so I had to navigate the map on my own, and it almost felt like real game.
>>
>>381016061
I have never seen anything but this image of it. I don't even know what kind of game it is.
>>
>>381022405
Walking simulator and mid life crises reenactment.
>>
too linear. nothing extra you do really matters. hoped that photo taking would lead somewhere. liked the two main characters although the ending assumes you chose to flirt with her(even though i tried to steer it into friendship). the big twist is terrible. pirate it if you have a spare 2 hours.
>>
It was good but my favorite interactive movie will always be The Witcher 3.
>>
What did you guys choose in the end? I stuck with my wife.
>>
File: 1487218685846.gif (46KB, 300x356px) Image search: [Google]
1487218685846.gif
46KB, 300x356px
>>381016061
Walking Simulators aren't games. They're about as much "Game" as a VN.
>>
>>381016662

this. shit was creepy.

amazing artstyle too.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.