[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When is this going to be actually worth my time and money to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: Wii_U_Console_and_Gamepad.png (282KB, 1200x579px) Image search: [Google]
Wii_U_Console_and_Gamepad.png
282KB, 1200x579px
When is this going to be actually worth my time and money to buy?

>still expensive as fuck
>switch is already out

If they port more wii u games to the switch though I'll regret buying this, what the fuck do I do

I just want to play the new donkey kong, kart, mario maker, and maybe some virtual console games
>>
>>381011591
I'm waiting to pick one up cheap.
>>
>>381011591
Hack it and pirate all the games you want.
>b-b-buh that's bad
Who fucking cares? Nintendo doesn't support the Wii U anymore. If they won't support it, then you shouldn't feel bad about not supporting it either.
>>
>>381011765
I might do this, I had a great time with a hacked DS
I know you can emulate the WiiU and I have a good PC but a lot of games are shit still and I really just want it for when I have friends over. Does cemu support multiple controllers? If it does I'm more inclined to try this first
>>
File: WIN_20170510_17_58_29_Pro.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170510_17_58_29_Pro.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>381012095
I have no idea, I've never used cemu.
I do know that refurbs are $175 on Nintendo's website, and if you have the official GC adapter you can any of the GC peripherals through homebrew
You can also use other USB controllers with homebrew
>>
>>381011591
Never. The price is going up, not down.
>>
>>381011591
I've been tempted to get one too, but like you said, most of the big games will probably end up being ported to Switch. So I'm just gonna wait and get a Switch in a year or two. I don't mind waiting, I have plenty of other shit to play.
>>
>>381012351
If they move over donkey kong, kart, mario maker, and smash, and they got the virtual console, I'm sold
>>
>>381012229
Might take a shot at a refurb as much as I'm wary of them
>>
>>381012831
I'm hoping for Bayo 2, and SM3D World. We'll see.
>>
>>381011591
two years ago
>>
>>381011591
The wii u only has 5 games worth playing. I would just wait for a switch port.
>>
>>381013550
They definitely won't port niche games like W101. A Xenoblade X port is unlikely too.
And they already ported Hyrule Warriors and Yoshi's Woolly World, so those won't be ported again. Meaning Wii U still has the definitive versions.
3D World is unlikely to be ported as well
And Wii U has access to all of the Wii homebrew so if you're looking for that, might as well spend the extra $60 or so and get a Wii U
>>
>>381011591
You missed your chance by two years or so. Splatoon was a huge fucking hit and people ended up dumping an ungodly amount of time into it.
>>
>>381013835
Has Nintendo switched the servers for online stuff off?
>>
>>381011591
Why buy the Wii U when you can just use Dolphin to emulate it all?
>>
>>381013821
In the worst case scenario, I'll just emulate those 5 games.

>And Wii U has access to all of the Wii homebrew so if you're looking for that, might as well spend the extra $60 or so and get a Wii U
I already own a wii, and that's all I need.
>>
>>381013991
No
>>
>>381011591
I would be very surprised if the rest of the Wii U games don't get Switch ports.
>>381013991
No.
>>
>>381013835
I don't care about splatoon

>>381014095
That's what I'm considering but some newer wii u games are not in playable condition still. I just want to have the best possible experience. Also if multiplayer is more easily accessible with a legitimate console I value that too
>>
bump because this is a consumer dark zone right now
>>
Nintendo are apparently "in discussion" about if they will port wii u games or not. So it is not a given
>>
>>381011591
It's the only console you can play ALL the Zeldas on. Switch doesn't have old games and to run CEMU at decent speed you'll need a $1500 PC.
>>
>>381012229
>the white 32gb refurbs aren't available anymore

shit
>>
>>381017110
It would be stupid not to port first party titles.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.