[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't you playing the most hardcore FPS of recent times?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (57KB, 1728x972px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
57KB, 1728x972px
Why aren't you playing the most hardcore FPS of recent times?

What are you? Casul?
>>
>>381009613
I don't like the Champions so I stopped playing
>>
I dont' feel harcore anymore
>>
I tried. But that abomination is not Quake
>>
because my hands dont work well anymore due to nerve damage and its incredibly frustrating not being able to perform as well as i used to

life past ~25 is shit, die young
>>
File: QC11.webm (3MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
QC11.webm
3MB, 1280x800px
>>381009613
But I do
>>
>>381009743
You realize that all current Quake pros are around 25 years old or older?
>>
>>381009692
>>381009725
All the Quake legends like it enough. What makes it "not quake"?
>>
Sunday Cup going on right now. Cypher is playing.

twitch / zlive
>>
>>381010023
Does BJ have like a taunt or something, where he jumps in the air, with his arms up high and screams "YEAAAH"?
Does Id even know that people always wanted to see the big three in the same game for a long time?
>>
>>381010074
>Quake pro
if anything you're proving the point
>>
>>381010301
Being bad in video games at 25+ years is a meme.
>>
>>381010087
>heavier movement
>clunky weapons
>abilities
>champions
bethesda
>>
Newfags don't know that all new Quakes worked like shit and all old-Quake players hated new Quake games.

Q2 players hated Q3.
>>
>>381010509
>MUH HOOKS
>>
>>381010387
Movement is great depending on what champion you pick. It's literally all the types of movement in one game. How is it "heavier"? You can pick fast characters and it'll be quicker than QL.

The only thing I don't like is the duel format.
>>
>>381010374
now if anything youre missing the point

>nerve damage

is why old age is shit. it causes constant pain no matter what i do. i would gladly trade all my videogame skills for a healthy body. maybe one day you will understand.
>>
File: 0tio[1].jpg (24KB, 428x375px) Image search: [Google]
0tio[1].jpg
24KB, 428x375px
>>381010023
>adds BJ before Doomguy
>>
>>381011139
They're saving him for QuakeCon
>>
>>381011139
I think it's because of TNC.
Still, where the fucking Doomguy?
>inb4 they had Keen first
>>
>>381010979
>Movement is great depending on what champion you pick
That's the thing. Champions shouldn't have advantages over others. Especially if you have to buy them.
>>
>>381009613
when they add a no abilities mode I will play it, and no I do not consider custom games a option
>>
>>381011348
its supposed to be balanced for 1v1 like a fighting game but that doesnt seem true

>sorlaag
>amazing air control and reasonable speed
>has the highest health and armor in the game by far
>ability is impossible to miss with and does good damage
>>
File: P_doom_tn.jpg (89KB, 560x800px) Image search: [Google]
P_doom_tn.jpg
89KB, 560x800px
>>381011139
>doomguy

More like doomgay with that exposed navel
>>
>>381009613
Personally i dont like it.
The closed beta was basically unplayable during closed beta with people with 30 ping warping around hits not detected.

Tried it again after e3 but couldnt even play it because even after 20 minutes i couldnt find a match, so i guess others agree too.
>>
>>381011785
I fucking hate Sorlaag and Scalebearer shitters
>>
>>381011785
But you can pick the same "OP" champions as your enemy if you want.

Not that Sorlag is OP. She barely gets picked in high level play.
>>
File: IMG-20170401-WA0005.jpg (706KB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170401-WA0005.jpg
706KB, 4128x2322px
>>381009613
This game baffles me. Even if it would be as rock solid and polished as overbore, it would still have too much problems to not be dead on arrival.

I can't even be mad, it's just so wrong.
>>
Rarely had fun in the beta
>RL simply unuseable with that solid second of desync
>LG rules and is all anyone uses
>never saw anyone use the railgun
>who gets rail gun or quad first, wins
>due to the constant lag, if the enemy team has a clutch you lose since it is impossible to time when it is up and down
>most things in general were a hassle to do due to lag and desync

it was meh. would have been funnier without the moba shit heros
>>
>>381010087
>All the Quake legends like it

All the Quake legends like the idea of becoming relevant again if the game does.

It has some severe flaws, mostly to do with netcode and the rail (separate issues), and it completely misses the commercial mark of "accessibility" because it actually has a higher skill ceiling than any Quake before, thanks to cramming all the different movemvent styles plus special moves into one game. It's even more stuff to learn before you can stop getting completely shit on by people who have played mere months longer than you. The pros in QC are going to be even older than in QL, is my prediction. I mean, it's basically going to be the same old pros as always. There's a real chance of someone aged over 30 winning a Quakecon in the next couple years. The meta is too evolved for anyone new to pick it up. You'll hear otherwise from all sorts of sources be it devs, pros or fans, but it's all wishful thinking or straight up marketing. Nobody new is getting anywhere in this Quake. Getting good at QL takes a somewhat talented player about 3 years. Getting good at QC is going to take 4-5 because of all the Champion meta added on top of the QL formula. Nobody will ever catch up with the existing pros. Cypher, evil and rapha are going to remain the top 3 until the game stops paying. Then cypher is going to quit again and we're back down to evil and rapha. Again.
>>
I've realised i'm too old for this crap.

I have better things to do in my life instead of being that illusive non casual pro player 'elite'.

I will still play it probably but i won't aim for anything high.
>>
>>381009613
The patricians competitive game. I am playing it religiously and will support it until I am the only player left.
>>
>>381009613
It runs like shit on my PC
>>
>>381009613

Because it's 5am and nobody is playing it in my country.
>>
FIX THE LAGGY ASS NETCODE
>>
>>381009613
Will they add a mode with all the abilities removed?
>>
halo 1 to 3 took what make old school arena shooters great and improved it.

prove me wrong.
>>
>>381009613
Dead on Arrival.
>>
File: Nick Raine.png (197KB, 225x399px) Image search: [Google]
Nick Raine.png
197KB, 225x399px
>>381011139
I want to see Nicholas Raine as well in addition to Commander Keen.
>>
>>381009613
i tried to install it during free weekend and copy pasted the code they gave me, but it didn't work
>>
I was gonna play it when I'm finished with my new build.
ALso, reflex arena.
>>
>>381015015
nothing about the game matters until this

i dont understand how this isnt priority number 1 for them. the game has low chances of success already, but it has no chance if the netcode stays as shit as it is. its 20 fucking 17, theres no excuse for the game to feel laggier than games from 2004.
>>
>>381015428
If they also include Elli from Orcs & Elves this game would be perfect.
>>
>>381015331
But UT99 was released before Halo
>>
>>381015331
>Quake live still played today
>Halo 3 and the entire halo franchise either dead or only played by children that don't know any better despite it's giant marketing and the funding behind it
>>
>You're a free kill when you spawn because your weapon is garbage
Dropped. Yours stupid ass 90s game design deserves to stay dead because it's awful.
>>
Is this shit released? What the fuck, I thought it was still in beta
>>
>>381015948

Still in beta, it's just open beta now and the servers are up indefinitely rather than time limited to specific days/hours.
>>
>>381009613
Quake is dead, CS killed this shit series 20 years ago. Give it up.
>>
How does the Tri-bolt weapon work? Is it like the GL or something?
>>
>>381009613
> Not on Steam

Who gives a shit, then?
>>
>>381016352
If it flops that's probably their plan B. I mean they'd be retarded not to. There probably just holding hope that it can kick itself off without that fat fuck kike gaben.
>>
>>381015847
>I'm bad so the game is bad

Nice logic, noob.
>>
>>381016301
It's a spammable weapon like grenade launcher. Basically you launch 3 bolts onto the floor that explode after a short delay. Or if you make a direct hit with the bolt it will do 40 damage. (So a 3 bolt volley does 120 damage if they all hit directly)
>>
File: badass_battleborn.png (2MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
badass_battleborn.png
2MB, 1000x1000px
>>381009613
Because I'm playing a BADASS shooter for BADASSES such as myself.
jk randy, your game is garbage, uninstalled after 1 match
>>
>>381019148
>t. baddie
>>
They should have made a horror-themed remake of Quake 1. Griminess, increasingly weird areas, tense and unsettling soundtrack, tons of gore and great guns. I get Quake became a multiplayer meme game and all, but Quake 1 is so fucking atmospheric it deserves recognition.
>>
File: 1335968618639.jpg (8KB, 291x316px) Image search: [Google]
1335968618639.jpg
8KB, 291x316px
Because the netcode is awful
>>
>>381009613
Cpma
Xonotic
Warsow
Unreal 2k4

because my cpu is not strong enough

Cod waw on lowest is the strongest for my pc and serious sam fusion
>>
>>381019960
I think it's on id's list but it's a job for the nuDoom team and, well, they're working on nuDoom 2 presumably. Maybe when nuDoom gets stale they switch to nuQuake SP.
>>
>>381020649
I hope so, but I also hope they get a fresh art team becaue nuDoom's demons had some okay designs, but there was a certain cartoonishness to them that I found offputting. Quake needs to be as grotesque as possible. I kind of want the hyper-realistic graphics but with just total bullshit gore and ridiculous guns.
>>
>>381019960
>multiplayer meme game
dont use buzzwords you dont understand
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.