[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will you buy one, /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6

Will you buy one, /v/?
>>
>>381006792
I have a gaming PC. Literally no reason to pick up a Bone.
>>
>>381007056

This. But it's nice of microsoft to update their xbox one to such a nice compact model. Still, the paid online and no full os control turn me away as I have a PC
>>
>>381007186
>>381007056
Fair.
>>
I wonder if they'll give up on consoles if this thing doesn't sell.
>>
Yup, hopefully getting a new job soon so I'll be able to afford a new 4K tv and a bonex. I would love for them to announce some more fucking exclusives though. Also excited for HUEGbox backwards compatibility
>>
>>381007567
Most obvious shill post I have ever seen.
>>
>>381006792
I have a gaming PC, I will buy that one new IP presented and some other cool mc games
>>
>>381007804

Not really. Tons of people will never get a pc because they're too afraid to build it and because there's no marketing for it. These people either get an xbox or playstation which is why you have console wars.

For those that want the most powerful and best looking games, the xb1x will be the obvious choice since it carries the most features.

Freesync with Ultra 4k drive and 2 more tflops. 12GB of GDDR5 and in a smaller vapor cooled chamber is attractive. This thing is even smaller than the pro. In terms of form factor it's very nice. It's clearly a premium box
>>
Well I can't afford a gaming PC, and don't have the room for one, so I'm going to try to find one next year if I can get a deal.

I'm hoping they really do implement complete mouse and kb support and that games I'd prefer to play that way get patched to use it. Then I would probably use it for multiplats, since it's got fuck all in the way of exclusives.
>>
>>381006792
I am already idort master race. Unless this is an entirely new console, as in new games which don't play on the old Bone, then no.
I am not buying shit.
>>
>>381006792
Already have a ps4 pro and i'm probably going to be building a PC later this year.
>>
>>381006792
Whenever it drops $100 or there's a good bundle.
>>
>>381008240
>I'm hoping they really do implement complete mouse and kb support and that games I'd prefer to play that way get patched to use it. Then I would probably use it for multiplats, since it's got fuck all in the way of exclusives.

They won't. If you stalk phil he's been flimsy about it.

Everytime it gets brought up he deflects saying it's up to the devs. And their own devs always chose controller. See Halo wars 2 which has no crossplay. Gears of war 4 has full crossplay but you can't use mouse on the xbox.

In other words they probably want to keep controller standard for their e sports and stuff and not alienate their players. It's why sony refuses to let people use a mouse in overwatch as well unless you buy their $150 attachment to emulate a mouse. I think they'll allow mouse functions outside of certain games and some if devs chose to implement.

I could be wrong though.
>>
File: 1489965787739.png (869KB, 986x797px) Image search: [Google]
1489965787739.png
869KB, 986x797px
>>381008148

You realize that "vapor cooled" is literally just a type of copper heat sink that has existed for over a decade now, right? And that they're pretty much only good for or necessary in tight spaces like laptops. So basically, one of your selling points is that it has a laptop heat sink on it. But it sounds cool and powerful so you trump it up as a bonus. Way to be a marketing shill for sure.
>>
Getting one because it looks like it'll be ready to do some great stuff graphics wise out of the box, and all my friends play Xbox. It just seems less of a hassle to get this.
>>
>>381008695

Don't be mad they have an efficient cooling system allowing for a smaller unit. Maybe if you ask your daddy for one, he will get it for you.
>>
>>381008695
Servers have them too.
>>
I hope it bombs and the PS4 and switch keep selling so Phil wakes up and realizes you need console exclusives to sell a console.
>>
I already have a gaming PC, PS4 Pro, and normal Xbone that I use for the odd 360 game and exclusive.

Only reason I would consider picking up a X is if they gave the option for 60 FPS in exchange for stuff being played at 1080p. It looks like they are going the same route as the Pro, but $100 more expensive.

I have no need for this at all.
>>
>>381008540
I play single player so it's not a dealbreaker if mouse support becomes vapourware. Would be nice though and I think it change things for the better (i.e. sims and other PC-friendly genres could come to Xbox, esports could leave toward Xbox, Sony would be forced to reexamine their stance on moues/kb, maybe).
>>
>>381009135
>Only reason I would consider picking up a X is if they gave the option for 60 FPS in exchange for stuff being played at 1080p.

Might depend on the game, like how Nioh offers the option to favour resolution or framerate on Pro.
>>
>>381008952
But Xbozonex is in the perfect position to be a comfy premade PC-like for people too cheap or too inexperienced to bother with an actual desktop.
>>
>>381009295
It's pretty clear they're going to let devs do whatever they want to and they're not going to try and enforce options like Sony tried to.
>>
>>381007567
Good luck on the new job, anon. I too hope to have a new job soon. Have a few jobs considering me and one job I have a second interview next week where I'm shadowing the senior manager.

I have a stupid grocery store job now so I have no extra cash for a nice tv and new console. Hopefully I will by the time this comes out. Hell, I just want a nice tv and a better job that isn't meant for college dropouts.
>>
Absolutely. Waiting for pre-orders to pop.
>>
>>381008812
My 7 year old midrange video card had a vapor chamber at its $170 price point, there's no magic in it.
>>
>>381009626
B-b-but Phil said...
>>
>>381009435
I hope so, that would be nice if there was more options on the X. The pro's biggest issue right now is everything is pretty much upscaled to 4K or bust without a lot of developers supporting 1080p/60 FPS. And that is when you do get a Pro patch, there are still many games that do not support it at all or take a long time to get a patch after launch.
>>
>>381007804
>>381008148
Nope. I'm not really up for spending hundreds of dollars on a PC, monitor, accessories, desk, etc for a few multiplats. I wouldn't use the computer for anything else, since I have a nice laptop and browse the internet on my phone. And I never pay full price for XBL, I always wait for deals on CDkeys or eBay for less than $35 for a year, and that includes all the free games and deals. The time it would take to set it all up could be spent on playing video games. Maybe in the future when I have more money saved up I'll get one, but right now it's just not a good time. Besides, I barely play games anymore so there's really no point in investing in an expensive piece of hardware that'll get little to no use.
>>
>>381009885
>i can't build a PC with a cheap ass CPU and a mid range GPU for about $500 and then plug it into a TV
If you say so
>>
>>381006792

pfffffffhahahahahahahahahahahahaha

no
>>
>>381009885
Phoneposters need to leave.
>>
File: xbox-one-x-ed.jpg (55KB, 1400x750px) Image search: [Google]
xbox-one-x-ed.jpg
55KB, 1400x750px
Convince me not to buy an Xbone X

>good gaming PC with a 1070 and 400+ games on Steam, Origin, etc

Really like couch vidya though which is why I'm playing my PS4 Pro more nowadays, isn't really feasible to have my PC in my livingroom connected via HDMI

Got some friends who play multiplats too on the Xbone (Tekken, FIFA, Cawadoody)
>>
File: 1651456156.png (478KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1651456156.png
478KB, 1280x720px
>>381006792
I might buy a used OG Xbone for ~$100 if some good Xbox BC games start coming out, but no way I'm Buying an XboneX
Literally the only thing I'm interested in with Xbox is to play some OG Xbox games in better quality with a wireless controller. Maybe pick up some 360 exclusives too.
>>
>>381006792
No, Xbox is complete garbage.
>>
>>381007056
>Literally no reason
>literally
youkeepusingthatwordidontthinkitmeanswhatyouthinkitmeans.jpg

Yeah, let me just play Ninja Gaiden Black on PC right now, oh wait, whoops.
>>
>>381010846
>Really like couch vidya though which is why I'm playing my PS4 Pro more nowadays, isn't really feasible to have my PC in my livingroom connected via HDMI
Buy a Steam Link. No joke, those things are fantastic. I use mine over 5Ghz wifi and I can't feel any lag unless I play a rhythm game.
>>
>>381010846
If you have PS4, what are you missing out on? Halo? Gears? Forza? None of these are particuarly amazing.
>>
>>381006792
No, I already have the fat VCR model of the Xbone and my desktop has a 6700K and GTX 1070. I'm more likely to upgrade to a PS4 Pro because there are actually games that I won't be able to play on my PC.
>>
>>381006792

Mongrels, you are not worthy of owning the finest of treasures that are the PS4.
>>
>>381008540
outside of the Dreamcast versions of Quake 3 and UT, the only console shooter I remember supporting mouse and keyboard was UT3 on the PS3.
>>
>>381011317

Does it work over powerline?

>>381011367

Mainly back compat. Halo and the multiplats I mentioned with m8s
>>
>>381010249
>>381010752
I can, but I'm too lazy. Y'all are mad cuz MS managed to make a box capable of 4k output in such a small box with advanced cooling for LESS than what it would cost if you were to build a pc with similar specs. Face it, moose turds, X gone give it to ya.
>>
I already have a gaming PC, so no.
I wouldn't even buy a normal XB1.
>>
>>381008695
Vapor chamber coolers are neat
Basically some distilled water in a low pressure chamber, which boils, cools down, condenses and goes back down, repeat
Better cooling than your usual block of copper
>>
>>381006792
>Xbox One X is $500
>when PS4 is $250 and Xbox One is $250
>when gtx1080 is $500
I just can't imagine doing this to yourself
>>
>>381011579
>Does it work over powerline?
I've never used powerline, but I've heard that people have done it
As long as you can get a decent connection over it I don't see why not
>>
>>381011579
So I guess the questions are

1) Are you okay with BC for only the popular titles? They've already said it's not gonna be 100% - if you have a dozen Xbox/360 games and just one of them forces you to haul out the original console, then maybe the backwards compatibility is worthless. Or maybe it ends up working for almost all your games, and you don't care about the outliers. I dunno.

2) Do you anticipate your friends playing these games for a while? Trust me fella, you don't want to be that one friend who still invites his bros and doesn't realize they moved on from games. Hate to say it, but I'm a depressing and lonely dude so that's how I think.

These are your primary considerations. Not telling you to buy it or not, just saying what I would think about before buying it.
>>
>>381009295
>Might depend on the game, like how Nioh offers the option to favour resolution or framerate on Pro.
it offers resolution or framerate on every PS4.
>>
>>381009552
Thanks, I've been working at a hardware store outside in the lumber yard for over a year and a half now, technically I've a delivery driver but in the past 3 months I've only done a handful of deliveries and I'm fucking over all of my coworkers, and it doesn't help that I have a 45 minute commute every day. I applied at a dealer group and I've been very persistent. Yesterday I went into their Honda dealer yesterday and talked to one of the managers and he's gonna give me a call on Tuesday hopefully. I'll be a salesman, so hopefully I'll be making some good dosh.

Yeah I feel you, I stopped going to college after 2 years. I'm school smart, but I just got lazy and over school, and I felt like I was wasting my time. Good luck.
>>
>>381012417

I don't have any 360 games, but there's a few exclusives that I'd like to play as well as games like RDR (have a PS3 but apparently runs like shit on PS3)

As for friends, yeah they're the sort of people who would play every FIFA, COD and those sort of games every year
>>
>>381007567
Well, I'm on neetbux, and have just bought myself a new 4K TV.

Difference between you and me? You'll be at work all the time and when you're home you'll have at best an hour a day to enjoy it. Meanwhile I'm on it as often as I like for as long as I like.

Keep working, wagie.
>>
>>381013149
Don't you mean your parents bought you a 4k tv.
>>
>>381006792
I have a gaming pc and I like multi-tasking on multiple screens. I don't really have a reason to get one other than to play games that have poor pc support like all ubisoft and EA games.
>>
>>381013149
That's good, I'm glad you get that much time to play vidya. I've fallen behind on so many games, I just wish I could inherit my dad's small fortune now.
>>
File: 1408354028541.jpg (10KB, 202x200px) Image search: [Google]
1408354028541.jpg
10KB, 202x200px
>>381006792
>Will you buy one, /v/?
No, I'll be building the PC that will be better and the same price as the x1x

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GRYtFd
>>
>>381011274
>Yeah, let me just play Ninja Gaiden Black on PC right now, oh wait, whoops.
k, I'll just play it on my 360, no need to buy an xbone for that shit.
>>
>>381011274
perhaps hes implying "literally no reason [for me]". Maybe he doesnt want to play the games that exclusive to the xbone.
>>
350$ more dollars than I can get an xbone S! They haven't shown how its 350$ better than the S model.
>>
>>381013549
aren't xbone exclusives coming to windows 10 too?
>>
>>381013867
there is no such thing as an xbox one exclusive. All future titles will be on pc
>>
>>381013867

Maybe Halo 6.
>>
>>381012039
>buy gtx1080
>plug it in to your TV
no further installation needed, pop Forza into that bitch and Game on! :^)
>>
>>381006792
No, my TV can't do anything above 1080i/720p.
>>
>>381006792
Killer Instinct and cuphead are the only xbone exclusives i care about and they're coming to steam.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.