[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nier Automata

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

File: 1489741027013.jpg (281KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1489741027013.jpg
281KB, 2560x1440px
I saw praise on various boards so I decided to play it completely blind.

The tutorial immediately surprised me positively and I haven't had so much fun playing video games in over a year. So I am grateful to 4chan for this.

The gameplay is decent. It lacks depth and has a low skill ceiling but is much better compared to most other games such as DS. Damage numbers and chips were neat. However, I hate level based damage scaling. Borderlands 2 is a perfect example why this should never be done.

I only played on hard difficulty which was fine except that I only died from occasional insta kills. I read that there would be no lock on but unfortunately you still auto target enemies.

The world is small and a bit stale, there is not much enemy diversity and the game has a bad case of invisible walls.

The big boss fights except for fag brothers were definitely my favorite part. I wish there would have been more of them.

Unfortunately the worst part about the game were characters and story. The latter was pretty much babby's first existential crisis. You are completely forced into it which makes the game very linear. And there are no real choices. At the beginning I was excited when I kept trying to turn off self destruction and finally succeeded. However, that never made any difference. Other "choices" immediately result in game over.

Now to the characters... A2 >> B2 > 9S

B2 doesn't care when all her comrades are shot down and she sees android corpses. But then 9S, which she just met, gets hurt and she throws a cringy tantrum. If emotions are not allowed why do androids constantly show them? Later on she strangles 9S, a robot, to "kill" him. Ahh, evafags, that explains why the story is so shit.

9S, the protagonist, is fine at first but quickly becomes annoying. His gameplay sucks, hacking is OP and at the end he is absolutely obnoxious.

A2 had the best gameplay and character but you barely get to play her. Maybe that's good so they didn't have time to ruin her.
>>
File: craaaaawling in my skiiiiiin.jpg (264KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
craaaaawling in my skiiiiiin.jpg
264KB, 2560x1440px
>I have two personalities. Nicest person you will ever meet and twisted fucking psychopath.
>>
>>381004737
>But then 9S, which she just met, gets hurt and she throws a cringy tantrum
>just met
If you think they "just met", you have an incredibly distorted view of the events of the game. She's killed him multiple times before the game starts.
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 633x418px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 633x418px
>>381004737
The demo was pure shit I'm convinced /v/ haven't taught me how to pirate this shit yet
>>
>>381004737
>which she just met
do you have brain damage
>>
>>381005374
I know about the B2 is E2 reveal. There's also the quest with the other E model. Yet in many ways B2 acts like she gets to know 9S and becomes closer to him and she lacks the intelligence to just pretend so. This does not justify her abrupt change of behavior.
>>
File: 1497658094035.jpg (17KB, 215x197px) Image search: [Google]
1497658094035.jpg
17KB, 215x197px
>>381006563
>acts like she gets to know 9S
The whole point is that she shuts off her feelings towards him as hard as she can but can't maintain her fake kuudere personality forever.
Also
>B2
>>
My only wish was that they put a transcript or a recording of the final chapter live play into the videogame

Gives a better ending then just "oh you beat the developers so you went against their wishes and got your happy ending!" the end
>>
File: 1491025339329.png (349KB, 800x758px) Image search: [Google]
1491025339329.png
349KB, 800x758px
>Misunderstanding this much
Wow

How is this even possible?
>>
>>381007462
It's literally the same ending, it just shows how exactly 2B and 9S woke up.
Keiichi Okabe even showed up during the concert and performed weight of the world together with auditory.
>>
File: 1497191999421.png (193KB, 574x417px) Image search: [Google]
1497191999421.png
193KB, 574x417px
>>381007559
He can't even write 2B's name right, what do you expect.
>>
>>381006867
Then why is there a difference in behavior towards 9S pre vs post tutorial? When 9S's data is stored just before the Eve fight why does 2B cry so much about him losing like 10 minutes worth of memory for the reason being that "you will not be the same you" yet still have unchanged attachment to him when 9S loses all memory of her?

Also, you nitpick this one little detail to no end. Is that because you agree with everything else I wrote in the OP or because this is the only thing you can attack?

>>381007559
See my other posts. Name everything I misunderstand. If it is "this much" you should be able to fill entire posts.
>>
File: 1473181658437.jpg (42KB, 720x529px) Image search: [Google]
1473181658437.jpg
42KB, 720x529px
>>381007807
>pic related
>>
>>381004737
>But then 9S, which she just met,
Not sure if bait or just really stupid.
>>
File: 1497187952751.jpg (36KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1497187952751.jpg
36KB, 400x400px
>>381007860
>When 9S's data is stored just before the Eve fight
you are positively playing this game with your ass
the whole point is that 9S decided to not synchronize his and 2B's data with a Bunker server before the assault on Eve because of strange server malfunctions
she won't lose 10 minutes of him, she would lose what he became during the entire route A
>because you agree with everything else I wrote
i'm here to laugh at your utter incompetence and lack of knowledge about the game you've just played because you show even more misunderstandings with each of your posts
>>
>>381008358
So you are saying there has been not a single data backup of 2B and 9S during the entire route A (except 2B during tutorial), then what about the terminals that you use the entire time? If what you say was true every single death should be instant game over.
>>
>>381008358
I am still waiting for an answer to this one >>381008778

Also, does 9S even tell 2B that he didn't make any backups all this time? How would she know about this? From what I remember, he only tells her long after the Eve fight when they redeploy. Also, how else would 9S get back into an android body on the bunker?
>>
>>381008778
Terminals are a gameplay element and not a story element.
Canonically it's a Bunker synchronization that allows them to back up their memory data. This synchronization wasn't done for the entire route A as they were on a field operation.
>>
>>381009628
>Also, how else would 9S get back into an android body on the bunker?
Read side materials.
>>
>>381004737
B2
Nigga what
>>
>>381009662
>Terminals are a gameplay element and not a story element.
If this is true then I admit my mistakes as long as you also address this point
>How would she know about this?

Terminals play a role even in the main story line. Where do they tell you that they are just a gameplay element and not canon? They should make that more obvious then.
>>
>>381010071
>How would she know about this?
Because he directly stated that he will need to reload backup Bunker data before she said those words.
And she knows that he prioritizes saving her data over his own.
>>
>>381010836
Now you should admit that you are the one who is bullshitting.

Yes he says he needs to load backup Bunker data because he is corrupted. But he does not say that he hasn't made any backups the entire time.

>And she knows that he prioritizes saving her data over his own.
How is this relevant to this point?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.