[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who was the better tragic hero?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: IllidanandArthas.jpg (12KB, 352x173px) Image search: [Google]
IllidanandArthas.jpg
12KB, 352x173px
who was the better tragic hero?
>>
>>381004098

Ragna The Bloodedge
>>
Guts
>>
>>381004179
>sharing a powerset with touya
incredibly tragic
>>
Illidan, he was cucked by his own brother, told he had to save Azeroth by any means, then got shat on when those means meant becoming a literal demon.

Arthas didn't even try any alternatives for protecting his homeland, and atop that, he didn't even spend 5 seconds with Uther on why Stratholme was utterly fucked
"No listen, the granary is infested with poisoned rations and the townspeople already ate the food"
>>
>>381004098
>illidan
>hero
>>
File: 1475830391600.jpg (1MB, 2220x2520px) Image search: [Google]
1475830391600.jpg
1MB, 2220x2520px
>>381004179
>>
File: 2017.jpg (197KB, 349x852px) Image search: [Google]
2017.jpg
197KB, 349x852px
Warcraft is dead.
>orcs dindunuffin (like the zerg, thanks metzen)
>pandas are gay
>arthas is literally Kerrigan (metzen only knows 1 story)

thanks metzen.
>>
>>381004448
he did nothing wrong.
>>
>>381004659
Metzen has been gone from Blizzard for like 2 years now. Pick a different scapegoat.
>>
>>381005056
>he did nothing
true
>>
>>381004098
it would be illidan
>did everything he could to save his people
>only thing that drives him is his love for Tyrande
>Willing to sacrifice for the greater good

Arthas
>Throws a tempter tantrum on Uther and plays the prince card
>Gets baited hard by demons
>MindCucked by and orc shaman
>Daddy is it over?

I did like his story but Arthas was used the entire time. illidan on the other hand knew what had to be done, even played the double agent he knew that he would be hated and targeted but he still did what had to be done.
>>
None of them. Garrosh Hellscream was the ruest tragic hero

Literally all he did he did for the horde, and everyone turned their backs on him
https://youtu.be/XSaRcO7G1bs
>>
>>381005171
>illidan got played by his own brother
>uther and jaina wash their hands on the matter they didnt stop arthas they just left
>>
>>381005587
he just copy paste illidan path
>>
>>381005587
this. alliance is not our friends damn it.

HORDE PRIDE WORLD WIDE.
>>
File: 8899283292.png (182KB, 379x363px) Image search: [Google]
8899283292.png
182KB, 379x363px
>>381004098

Pic related.

But between those two? Illidan by far. He sacrificed himself for the greater good and got shat on for it.
>>
File: WC3Arthas.jpg (52KB, 426x650px) Image search: [Google]
WC3Arthas.jpg
52KB, 426x650px
Arthas wasn't a tragic hero.

he was simply a villain
>>
>>381004098
Illidan is tragic because he did everything right and still got shat on by Tyrande and Malfy, and then went "Fuck it"

Arthas is the "i did what i had too" hero but he becomes a villain once his obession takes over
>>
>>381005079
Everything he talked about was metzens doing, though.
>>
>>381005587
>Cata Garrosh
>Kills his officer that ordered slaughter of civilians, apologizes to the relatives of victims

>Panda Garrosh
>Fuck alliance, nuke Theramore, I can't wait to be a useless piece of shit and get corrupted all day
>>
>>381004098
still pretty tragic they rushed this cinematic
>>
Illidan used the only options that had the power to stop Burning Legion and save Azeroth from becoming second Argus, and despite all the persecutions he again and again continued to try and keep Azeroth save. Arthas did it once but then took Frostmorne and turned completely evil.
>>
>>381010337
Yeah, Apparently there was so much more to it. Illidan apparently slaps around Arthas like a little bitch till Frostmourne saves his ass.

That would have been cool. Not because I like Illidan, but because I don't really like Arthas
>>
>>381004448
Haven't you heard? Wow brought him back as a hero, alongside golden dreadlords purified by the light. Thanks blizz
>>
>>381010337
still looks pretty good for its time.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.